October 26, 2014 | 1470 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2008 8:13:00 PM More reviews by nLkky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Albatross as a highlighter. In the pan it is a light golden white with subtle shimmer. On the cheeks it is a lovely candlelit glow. It is basically a pressed version of MAC Vanilla pigment minus the pink iridescence. I like to use it as a cheekbone highlighter as well as down the center of my nose to slim it down a bit. It is also great as an eye brightener on the inner corner of the eyes. The powder itself is very finely milled and applies like silk. The price is a bit steep for a blush/highlighter but you only need the tiniest bit, so that pan will last you a life time. Definitely check this item out the next time you are at a NARS counter. My coloring: olive/yellow LLL with Dark brown hair and eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2008 1:58:00 PM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to keep this after all. Must've been application with the wrong blush, because I love it now, even on a bare face.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2008 1:13:00 PM More reviews by FourFortyFive

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a *glowy* light gold that contributes to the dewy look that you see on models. Itís subtle, not overly shimmery and sans sparkles or glitter. I have other highlighters that shimmer with glitter or even look more metallic and are preferable when going out at night. Albatross, however, gives skin that pretty candlelight glow, itís perfect for day or a more polished look. It took me a few uses to appreciate itís worth, I thought it was boring and overpriced. After learning itís ďcandlelightĒ properties though, Iím more convinced of itís worth. Not a necessity and the golden color isnít the best with my skin tone (nw15-20, so silvery light pinks look best on me). Iíd like to have it if money were no object, but unfortunately, money is a big object and I have other highlighters that I can work with and suit my coloring better.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2008 8:16:00 PM More reviews by Fit42

Lovely! It's so pretty! I swiped it over Nar's Orgasm Multiple. Such a beautiful soft sheen! I used a Chanel powder brush to apply it. I feared Nars's Bronzer brush would apply it too heavy. I'm very pleased with this and will definitely purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2008 1:12:00 PM More reviews by shung

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It looks quite bright in the pan but it shows up as soft golden shim on my face. I use it on my cheek bones and T zone and it gives me a very natural glow. It's my all time favorite highlighter. I reach it all the time when I am not playing with my MSF. Will def. buy it agian when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2008 12:56:00 PM More reviews by laureg

Albatross is an AMAZING highlighter! It's a shimmering white color that flashes gold, and it looks amazing on my pale yellowish/olive PPP skin. I also find that it's extremely handy for toning down overzealous applications of blush, and it looks beautiful when swiped across the lid as a shadow. It's comparable to a less shiny version of MAC's nylon shadow. There's a lot of product, so I imagine it'll take me quite a while to get through it. But I would repurchase when I run out.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2008 3:47:00 PM More reviews by karensanford

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really, really wanted to like this product. I have been on a quest to find the perfect all-purpose highlighter, and based on reviews this seemed like a winner.

The main problems I had: I couldn't see it on. When I finally put enough on that I could see it, it looked sort of yellow and hideous. It also tended to "group" itself rather than stay dispersed across my face. So basically I had patches of yellow. Not really attractive! Also--this is nothing new, but it settled in my "smile lines" near my eyes, making them stand out just a bit more. Not sure if one exists that doesn't do that, but that alone probably wouldn't be enough for me to keep this product. I took it back to Sephora and traded for a Copacabana that I'm playing with now.

I can see this working OK as an eyeshadow base or accent...also, it seems to work for a lot of other people. So two lippies. But it's just not a winner for me.

For reference, I am fair with pink undertones, rosy cheeks, very pink lips, light blue eyes, dark brown hair. Dry to medium skin, and I used the product over Bare Minerals foundation and mineral veil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 11:35:00 PM More reviews by maybeiloveyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is almost exactly the same as MAC's Vanilla Pigment. MAC is loose powder in a little container and sometimes I tend to spill it, so I much prefer the NARS compact. I think MAC has a more pinkish undertone, and NARS has more of a yellow undertone. I find that I like NARS Albatross better - it seemed to me that I needed more of the MAC pigment to achieve the same effect as Albatross. This really brightens up your face and gives you that special glow. You can use it anywhere you need a little shimmer (lips, eyes, cheeks, shoulders, etc.). Overall, this is a great multi-use product and it's a pretty flattering shade so I think nearly every skin color (including dark ones) can wear this!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2008 1:12:00 PM More reviews by slok87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pretty, pretty albatross--in the pan. I was expecting a dewey glow of the angels from this sheer, shimmery white/gold highlighter, but I couldn't really even notice this when I put it on lightly, and when I put it on heavily enough to notice, I looked like some sort of unrealistic goldy skinned android. If you typically use matte blushes and powders, this might work better, but all my blushes have their own self-contained shimmer and I often like to use setting powder with a hint of shimmer to it (usually by adding eye shadow or fyrinnae's shimmer powder to matter powder). I did try this on bare skin (NC25) and still wasn't impressed by anything, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2008 3:47:00 AM More reviews by havenexpress

I love NARS in general, particularly their blushes, which we all know are highly-pigmented. Crazed is my latest favorite which is ridiculously easy to over-do. In comes Albatross. It's finely milled, light shimmer that works for day, erases my over-blushing and makes my eyes look more awake. I can't imagine having to buy another one for a long time, but if I ever lose mine, I will repurchase.