February 1, 2015 | 1094 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2008 6:35:00 PM More reviews by smurfkitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

BEAUTIFUL highlighter!! Try it! I have fair skin and I wasn’t sure if it would show up on me, but I tried it, and WOW!! Definitely a HG product for me. Albatross is a shimmery, sheer finely milled white pressed powder with slight gold undertones. (I have cool toned skin but it still looks great on me.) Looks great on the tops of cheekbones, hollows of eyes, brow bone, inside corners of eyes, around the outside of the eyes in a "C" crescent, and used sparingly on the forehead and bridge of nose. I like playing with it and using it with different brushes in different areas of the face.. probably the most fun part of doing my makeup. It’s great how it is a powder instead of a cream (like my other favourite highlighters) because when you think you’ve finished your face but then look back and think “I could use a little more highlighter”, Albatross is easy to sweep on gently. I love pairing this with Laguna – so pretty! And.. if you think it looks amazing in artificial light indoors.. wait until you see it in the sunlight!! When the sun hits it, you will be glowing. Not in an over the top glittery sparkly shiny way, but a naturally radiant I just have great skin way. I have to add that I also love NARS sturdy rubbery packaging because I have a tendency to drop my poor compacts and I haven’t had any broken hinges, cracked powders, smashed mirrors, etc, yet. *crosses fingers* Anyways, in conclusion: Best highlighter ever.

21 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2008 4:36:00 AM More reviews by MilesDevin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am one of the few people who don't care for this product. I find that it accentuates my already large pores, and just looks too shiny for me. I prefer MAC's pro pastel Studio Fix in Shivering White over this any day, although not many people know of that product, it is amazing and versatile.

I love almost every NARS product, but not this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2008 11:59:00 AM More reviews by josielovesdan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been searching for the perfect highlighter for a long while now. The search has ended, because this is it! Most of the highlighters I've tried have been too glittery, or too white. This is pretty much the color of light if there is any such thing.... just a beautiful golden shimmer and glow. I put it on for the first time last night (did the inside corers of my eyes, a bit on the brow bone, and upper cheek bones) and my husband commented on how beautiful my face looked :) He said I looked "like an angel." It's very subtle, and you have to layer it a bit for it to show up, but it's the subtle nature of it that makes it such a perfect highlighter. You don't want it to look like you're strategically placing "light" here and there on your face.... and with this product, no one will ever know why you're glowing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2008 11:58:00 PM More reviews by tenderheart003

I saw this in store at sephora while I was getting my mom a NARS blush for christmas. I made a mental note and just now have purchased it :). While I really like it, I am still getting the hang of it. Someone below said it works best for them with warm toned makeup and I have to second this. I have FFF/MMM olive skin and thought this might be too warm for me but it isn't. I tried it first with a skunk brush and all that happened was I was glittery and not glowy. Then I used it with a MAC blush brush (much more dense than a skunk) and it looked great. I buff it on under my mineral makeup but over tm and blush and it looks very pretty. This also looks nice as an eyeshadow.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2008 1:00:00 PM More reviews by tuffins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Totally stunning highlighter on me. Beautiful golden sheen - not shimmer! I love this paired with almost any blush I own. People compare it to MAC Vanilla pigment, but Vanilla does not go on as smooth - a little more buffing to get it a smooth as Albatross (Vanilla also has more pink in it). I purchased this in the Orgasm/Albatross Duo and I hate Orgasm so it pains me to swap it away - ohh well I need to find a pan of Albatross instead - total HG of the moment anyways.

I have tried MAC MSF's, BB Shimmerbricks and neither compare to the 'sheen' I get from Albatross, IMO.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2008 6:25:00 PM More reviews by sana_j

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe it took me so long to review this. SO i wasn't entirely convinced that this product was *worth* it until I had to wear it the day of my engagement ceremony. IN all the photographs I have a GLOW. And I know it because I layered this beautiful highlighter on top of my blush. ON my GGG skin, it can't be used alone, but if used ON TOP of whatever blush I'm wearing in the evening, it really works as a highlighter, and a lot less messy than my other fave, MAC quiver pearlizer, (which is easy to overdo and a loose powder).

I would recommend this to anyone, but not by itself.

LSF 8, nc40-42, dry dry skin

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2008 10:38:00 PM More reviews by jadoreLeCute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After trying some new skincare techniques I became addicted to the glow my face has afterwards. I dont usually wear makeup on my face besides bronzer occasionally in these winter months because they tend to leave me oily. I really debated for a long time whether or not this simple white powder was worth getting, but the reviews here convinced me to try. I use it with a fluffy brush and apply it in a crescent ''C'' motion around my eyes from the top of my brows to the top of my cheek bones. It brightens up my eyes and softens the angles on my face for a glowy air brushed effect. I also love how it tones down any bronzer that I might've over applied and also looks great dabbed in the inner corners of my eyes and in the ''v'' of my upper lip. I would suggest this for warmer skin tones because its golden, and MAC's Vanilla for cooler tones because of the pink. You really only need the smallest amount of this powder, like other NARS blushes it is highly pigmented and finely milled so it'll really last you awhile.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2008 3:21:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Unfortunately I am unable to give Albatross a higher rating, as this item is a miss for someone like me that is super-pale and in fact, did not even show up on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2008 8:13:00 PM More reviews by nLkky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Albatross as a highlighter. In the pan it is a light golden white with subtle shimmer. On the cheeks it is a lovely candlelit glow. It is basically a pressed version of MAC Vanilla pigment minus the pink iridescence. I like to use it as a cheekbone highlighter as well as down the center of my nose to slim it down a bit. It is also great as an eye brightener on the inner corner of the eyes. The powder itself is very finely milled and applies like silk. The price is a bit steep for a blush/highlighter but you only need the tiniest bit, so that pan will last you a life time. Definitely check this item out the next time you are at a NARS counter. My coloring: olive/yellow LLL with Dark brown hair and eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2008 1:58:00 PM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to keep this after all. Must've been application with the wrong blush, because I love it now, even on a bare face.