November 25, 2014 | 1846 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2008 10:38:00 PM More reviews by jadoreLeCute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After trying some new skincare techniques I became addicted to the glow my face has afterwards. I dont usually wear makeup on my face besides bronzer occasionally in these winter months because they tend to leave me oily. I really debated for a long time whether or not this simple white powder was worth getting, but the reviews here convinced me to try. I use it with a fluffy brush and apply it in a crescent ''C'' motion around my eyes from the top of my brows to the top of my cheek bones. It brightens up my eyes and softens the angles on my face for a glowy air brushed effect. I also love how it tones down any bronzer that I might've over applied and also looks great dabbed in the inner corners of my eyes and in the ''v'' of my upper lip. I would suggest this for warmer skin tones because its golden, and MAC's Vanilla for cooler tones because of the pink. You really only need the smallest amount of this powder, like other NARS blushes it is highly pigmented and finely milled so it'll really last you awhile.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2008 3:21:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Unfortunately I am unable to give Albatross a higher rating, as this item is a miss for someone like me that is super-pale and in fact, did not even show up on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2008 8:13:00 PM More reviews by nLkky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Albatross as a highlighter. In the pan it is a light golden white with subtle shimmer. On the cheeks it is a lovely candlelit glow. It is basically a pressed version of MAC Vanilla pigment minus the pink iridescence. I like to use it as a cheekbone highlighter as well as down the center of my nose to slim it down a bit. It is also great as an eye brightener on the inner corner of the eyes. The powder itself is very finely milled and applies like silk. The price is a bit steep for a blush/highlighter but you only need the tiniest bit, so that pan will last you a life time. Definitely check this item out the next time you are at a NARS counter. My coloring: olive/yellow LLL with Dark brown hair and eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2008 1:58:00 PM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to keep this after all. Must've been application with the wrong blush, because I love it now, even on a bare face.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2008 1:13:00 PM More reviews by FourFortyFive

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a *glowy* light gold that contributes to the dewy look that you see on models. Itís subtle, not overly shimmery and sans sparkles or glitter. I have other highlighters that shimmer with glitter or even look more metallic and are preferable when going out at night. Albatross, however, gives skin that pretty candlelight glow, itís perfect for day or a more polished look. It took me a few uses to appreciate itís worth, I thought it was boring and overpriced. After learning itís ďcandlelightĒ properties though, Iím more convinced of itís worth. Not a necessity and the golden color isnít the best with my skin tone (nw15-20, so silvery light pinks look best on me). Iíd like to have it if money were no object, but unfortunately, money is a big object and I have other highlighters that I can work with and suit my coloring better.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2008 8:16:00 PM More reviews by Fit42

Lovely! It's so pretty! I swiped it over Nar's Orgasm Multiple. Such a beautiful soft sheen! I used a Chanel powder brush to apply it. I feared Nars's Bronzer brush would apply it too heavy. I'm very pleased with this and will definitely purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2008 1:12:00 PM More reviews by shung

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It looks quite bright in the pan but it shows up as soft golden shim on my face. I use it on my cheek bones and T zone and it gives me a very natural glow. It's my all time favorite highlighter. I reach it all the time when I am not playing with my MSF. Will def. buy it agian when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2008 12:56:00 PM More reviews by laureg

Albatross is an AMAZING highlighter! It's a shimmering white color that flashes gold, and it looks amazing on my pale yellowish/olive PPP skin. I also find that it's extremely handy for toning down overzealous applications of blush, and it looks beautiful when swiped across the lid as a shadow. It's comparable to a less shiny version of MAC's nylon shadow. There's a lot of product, so I imagine it'll take me quite a while to get through it. But I would repurchase when I run out.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2008 3:47:00 PM More reviews by karensanford

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really, really wanted to like this product. I have been on a quest to find the perfect all-purpose highlighter, and based on reviews this seemed like a winner.

The main problems I had: I couldn't see it on. When I finally put enough on that I could see it, it looked sort of yellow and hideous. It also tended to "group" itself rather than stay dispersed across my face. So basically I had patches of yellow. Not really attractive! Also--this is nothing new, but it settled in my "smile lines" near my eyes, making them stand out just a bit more. Not sure if one exists that doesn't do that, but that alone probably wouldn't be enough for me to keep this product. I took it back to Sephora and traded for a Copacabana that I'm playing with now.

I can see this working OK as an eyeshadow base or accent...also, it seems to work for a lot of other people. So two lippies. But it's just not a winner for me.

For reference, I am fair with pink undertones, rosy cheeks, very pink lips, light blue eyes, dark brown hair. Dry to medium skin, and I used the product over Bare Minerals foundation and mineral veil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 11:35:00 PM More reviews by maybeiloveyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is almost exactly the same as MAC's Vanilla Pigment. MAC is loose powder in a little container and sometimes I tend to spill it, so I much prefer the NARS compact. I think MAC has a more pinkish undertone, and NARS has more of a yellow undertone. I find that I like NARS Albatross better - it seemed to me that I needed more of the MAC pigment to achieve the same effect as Albatross. This really brightens up your face and gives you that special glow. You can use it anywhere you need a little shimmer (lips, eyes, cheeks, shoulders, etc.). Overall, this is a great multi-use product and it's a pretty flattering shade so I think nearly every skin color (including dark ones) can wear this!