October 25, 2014 | 1748 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - the sponge

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2011 10:06:00 PM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've always used my fingers or brushes to blend but I decided to try this sponge. It's awesome! I couldn't believe what a huge difference it made, both in ease of blending and how much better my makeup looked! It may seem a little expensive at first but trust me, it's well worth it. It's easy to use, just dampen it slightly and use it to stipple on whatever product you like, or to blend. Awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2011 8:41:00 PM More reviews by michellementor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just wanted to give a heads up to people who live in Canada. At my local London Drugs I found a near perfect dupe of the beauty blender. I was amazed. It is part of the "london look" line and in the aisle with all the brushes. It only cost me 9.99 and literally works and looks like the beauty blender. Waaaay better than the sonia one from target. I am going to go back and get more. I have intense fears of things disappearing from stores once I find something I love! LOL

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2011 1:13:00 PM More reviews by claragonz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After reading a lot of reviews on this, I decided to buy one for myself (when Sephora was having 15% off). It is expensive considering that you're paying for a sponge. But it is well worth the money. I have been using this for a week now to put my liquid foundation on. It just makes the foundation look like my own skin! It blends in perfectly on the skin, making the face look absolutely flawless! If you're a liquid foundation type of girl, you need to get this. It makes a big difference! (Although, I haven't tried this with powder or blush because I'm pretty happy with my stippling brushes to do that job well.)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Blplunk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this sponge. It really works well with my Estee Lauder double wear to make it go on smoother and look less cakey/masky. I tried the Sonia Kushak sponge first, and I liked it, but it got me wondering if this would be better, and IT IS! It is much softer than the Sonia sponge which I think makes for easier/smoother application. I bought a 2 pack on Amazon and while I feel they are expensive for what they are, I would definitely buy again. If you're debating between the two, take the $10 you were gonna spend on a Sonia sponge and apply it towards this. It's worth it! (and I'm pretty cheap) LOL

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm definitely digging it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 2:43:00 PM More reviews by skibumschick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the best product for putting on foundation. The shape, the feel, and the texture of this sponge are perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Katinthecorner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WOW. Just, WOW.
I've been hearing the buzz about this sponge forever, but never bought one. Now that I have one, I can't figure out why I didn't buy this ages ago! It's an absolute MUST for any kind of cream, liquid, cream to liquid foundation.
I'm currently using dermablend cover cream, which if anything reminds me of pancake. It's great, but it's seriously hard to work with. I was working with a MAC foundation sponge, and having issues. The blender makes it go on so beautifully! I also tried it with my MAC studio fix (which is also a tricky foundation) and again, perfect application.
It's easy to use, just follow the instructions. I love the point for precision application, and the rounded end for buffing. My makeup goes on flawless, and I use about half as much it seems like because it spreads so well. Dust with a little MUFE HD powder, and it's like I have perfect skin, and you have to be an inch from my face to see any makeup.
I swear if this had cost me $50 I would have thought it was worth it, so $20 is perfectly reasonable (Plus a good foundation brush which doesn't give as good of an application will cost you at least $30).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by loiseva1988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This is one of the greatest purchases i have ever made! The pointed tip is perfect for getting around my eyes and it gives a flawless finish using any type of foundation (apart from powder, i don't think that would work so well) but for liquid and cream foundations PERFECT! i love this so much and i will continue to buy them ...forever if i can haha. Use it damp not dry and make sure you clean it, i just use a simple facial cleanser to clean it and that works well. This is no ordinary sponge .. its the PERFECT sponge... GET ONE, YOU WILL LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by kalosa82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This little, simple, pink sponge is awesome. I was skeptical about buying this thinking "It's a sponge with a point." and I dont think I need to even discuss the price. But with reading all the great reviews I decided to give it a go. I ordered it on Sephora & just got it yesterday afternoon. Lately, my face has been blotchy and have been breaking out (I think its due to a new face cleanser I've been using) and no matter how hard I tried to correct the blotchy-ness, I just could not achieve an even skin tone. And ladies ( & gents), you know as well as I do no matter how awesome your eye makeup is, it doesnt matter if the face is looking ugh. Today I tried the BB and....I'm amazed. This dinky thing made my face look totally even, without using alot of product! Amazed. I dont have to layer on a mass amout of foundation and concealer on my icky areas anymore. It also cut the amount of time I spend correcting my skin. Just stiple the sponge a few more times on those areas and wah-lah. This isnt a miracle product, but it's awesome and definately worth trying. I'd buy it all over again in a heart beat.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2011 5:06:00 PM More reviews by fourfootnine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know how helpful this review will be, as I've just received this from a swap and have only had it for a few days.

I've used it twice so far. The first time I ever soaked it in water, some of the pink dye came out. It wasn't a lot, but it did tint the small cup of water I had. It didn't affect how the product worked for me.

I love this sponge. It's very flexible and although tiny, it does expand to 2x its original size. The flexibility of this sponge helps blend my MakeUp Forever HD foundation with ease, especially since that particular foundation is meant for photoshoots and can feel heavy. And because the sponge is damp when I use it, I save a lot of product and it never feels cakey, almost like there's nothing there to begin with. I still get the same coverage I use with a brush, too, which is perfect.

I had a sample of the beautyBlender Cleanser to clean it with. I don't know if it was just me or if I didn't clean it the right way, but the cleanser didn't work for me. Instead, I used Cetaphil face wash since it has no scent or anything, and it's safe for sensitive skin. I didn't need a lot, but it cleaned my sponge instantly.

I am in love, and it is definitely a new staple for me.