July 30, 2014 | 1982 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - the sponge

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2010 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Utopia22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

EDIT: I stopped using BeautyBlender. I started using EL maximum cover foundation and with this, the Beautyblender just does not work! I think the foundation is too thick or the formula is too creamy or something. Rediscovered my hands as a foundation application tool :) I also use water spray (from Avène) to finish and with this water I also get a nice healthy airbrushed look so no need for expensive sponge at the time... I also found that is absorbed too much product... Might restart using it in the future with other foundation!

Oh My God. I was so sceptical (I mean so much money for a sponge?!) but this is really amazing. I look sooo healthy wow when I use this! I use it for foundation, concealer, blush (even powder), bronzer, highlighter and yes, sometimes even eyeshadow. It gives such a great, instantly blended result!!! Best queeze it few times under the tap and it will grow instantly. In the morning I never have the patience for all the make up fuss but this little thing makes aplication so fast and gives such amazing results.
Downside is that indeed, it does not clean very fast and it's a lot of money for a sponge but I will use it as long as it works, and I've heard one sponge can survive almost a year so we'll see.
I never have used another sponge so cannot compare.
I do have the impression it soaks up a lot of product, but I use Revlon so luckily my foundation does not cost too much. I ordered it from www.shimmerskincare.com as you cannot buy it in Belgium and their customer service is SUPER! (free cute gift, 20% off next purchase, great packaging, fast, sweet note)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by DivineMsN

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

All I can say is wow! I love this sponge. I ran out and got one after reading the reviews and I was not disappointed. It applies make-up flawlessly and better than all the MAC brushes I have combined. I have not used a brush since I bought this. I bought it with the cleaner that is designed for it and it works well. I clean it after each use and have not had issues with it smelling or breeding bacteria.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2010 3:18:00 PM More reviews by bloodnite

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this to apply foundation and tinted moisturizer and it works great. The shape makes it easy to apply concealer under the eyes. The first few times cleaning it, the water turned pink. I use dr. bronner's soap to clean it and that works well. No need to buy their expensive cleanser. I like that it is made in the USA, I returned the knock off Sonia Kashuk one because it was made in China.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Justicet2009

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The miracle egg! Omg how i love this sponge. This tiny pink egg delivers amazing results with foundation, cream blush, highlighters, u name it. Applys better than any brush ive tryed. Makes foundation look airbrushed, soft and perfect. Cant live without my pink egg! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by StaceyTX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'd wanted this product for about 6 months and finally broke down and bought it after my Sonia Kashuk sponge was a flop. I love this thing! It applies my liquid foundation and concealer beautifully and is pretty easy to clean with baby shampoo. I have noticed quite a bit of hot pink dye going down the drain when I wash it, but I assume that will go away after a few more washes. This is definitely worth the money and I will repurchase once my two wear out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by taliajune

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't live without these! Nothing applies foundation better than these pink bouncy cuties. They are very long lasting as well (might sound gross but I have been using the same one for about a year)- don't ridicule me, I wash it really well with anti bacterial soap and have never broken out. If anything it isn't as vibrant as it was when I first bought it, but it still does it's job. It's easy to get under the eyes, around the nose brows and hairline with this sponge. Flawless natural finish every time. It helps your makeup look like perfect skin. Will always repurchase (I already bought backups for travel).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2010 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Sinnamon_1

Hello my beauties, and fellow makeup lovers! :-)
I actually read reviews on this for the longest time, and had many mixed feelings about spending this much on a little sponge. After YEARS of trying dozens of brands and never being able to quite find foundation that matched me well, didn't oxidize too badly, didn't turn me into an oil slick, AND felt lightweight on my combo/oily skin, I finally found what I was looking for in the wonderful world of MUFE HD foundation and supermatte setting powder. BUT, even after finding the perfect foundation/powder combo, I STILL couldn't get the *application* I was looking for - something sheer and beautiful that looked like my own skin, but flawless and airbrushed. I tried EVERYTHING - applying makeup with my fingers, makeup brushes, wedge sponges, etc. It was like I could tell that one day I would really fall in even deeper love with my foundation IF I could find something decent to apply it with. Enter BB sponge. I ordered the set of 2 sponges earlier this year, & without looking at any real directions (LMAO), I used it dry to blend in my foundation. Ehh - I still wasn't moved, and didn't use the sponge again for a few months. One day this week, I finally realized that I needed to take the time to look at videos of OTHER ppl using the sponge to see if maybe there was some trick to it other than what I thought there was. Ahhhh, stippling IS easier when you use the sponge slightly damp. All of a sudden, it clicked. I used the sponge just as I had seen on other makeup gurus' blogs, and was sooo excited. It goes without saying that this sponge probably should be banned from anyone EVER trying to use it dry. You will NOT get the same glorious effect & may even give up on it on the spot like I almost did. Once it's wet, it will expand, and once you ring all the excess water out, it leaves the perfect oval-bottomed surface to blend your foundation until it's dreamy. Maybe it's the kid in me, but my guilty pleasure was bouncing the sponge along my face like a ball. It was soo soft, and I was having so much fun with it, I almost couldn't stop myself from blending! LoL My foundation didn't look overdone. It was light, airy, just right. PLUS the fact that the sponge was slightly damp, almost seemed to have an unexpectedly added bonus - the moisture from the damp sponge seemed to make the foundation LAST LONGER, because it hydrated my skin, thus, perhaps limiting the need for my skin to produce EXCESS oils. Isn't that something? The only downside to this would be the price - and just maybe the potential for each sponge to have a limited shelf life in your makeup bag. there's only so many times anyone can keep this from tearing considering you have to wet it and ring it (for best results) to use it, wet it and ring it repeatedly to clean it - both of which you would have to do daily if you use it that often. So, these are wayyyy too expensive to have to be replaced as often as you probably will need to. But as far as product performance, it really does do what it is supposed to. It can, and WILL transfer anyone into a living doll! That is, once you figure out what to do with it. ;-)

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2010 1:09:00 PM More reviews by mschumps

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used this with Revlon Colorstay. Without the sponge, the application looked dry and lifeless. Using the sponge damp, my foundation looked dewy and much more even on my face.

However, I wouldn't buy this again because it's expensive AND I get similar results by dampening a better quality wedge sponge (like SDM's Quo brand). I run it under the tap, squeeze out as much water as I can, then apply foundation by stippling it on. Works amazingly! Though it doesn't have Blender's egg shape, the wedge works fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2010 12:47:00 AM More reviews by thiscowsgotmoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

SO CUTE, I love the hot pink color and little egg-like shape. It makes my concealer and/or liquid foundation look GREATTTT. My fingers and/or brushes cannot do my face justice in comparison.

However, it shrinks...but it does expand once in water. It just shrinks and also leaks pink dye after the first few uses.

Packaging: VERY CUTE. It's reusable and convenient. It also doubles as its "drying stool" and you can store it in the package again and again.

Get it when Sephora has a coupon or something, as it is pricey. I splurged, but still got it 15 percent off! :D

GET THIS. seriously.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Lola_B_10021

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I caved to reviews and purchased the duo sponges w/cleanser packet from Amazon for $30. BTW cleanser is already gone which is not good also sponges become misshapen while using though haven't noticed any blotchiness with application and it reshapes itself once rinsed out. Despite this I love the finish and would buy again.

PROS:
Flawless, natural look every time
Great with cream concealer and MMU
The shape is genius, picks up and distributes well
The texture and shape feel great on skin
Results are nearly flawless on my fine lines
Stipples very well

CONS:
Expensive
Not easily cleaned without their cleanser
Bacteria buildup
No creative housing for this, I leave it in the pkg
Over-absorbs makeup....