Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.4

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 4/17/2010 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I bought 1lb of this off of vitacost.com for about $7, it's cheaper on Amazon I believe you can get 2 lbs of this for only $7.

I mix it with apple cider vinegar in to a paste. I have been using it for about three weeks, once a week. The very first time I used it I was really pleasantly surprised at how much smaller my pores looked. I do believe it has helped a lot with my blackheads/whiteheads. I don't really have any visible blackheads because I use differin, but for some reason even with witch hazel (which I have been using for months) and differin (retinoid), I haven't been able to really get rid of all my clogged pores. I use mineral makeup too! bismuth-free! Sigh, in any case, this really helps. It does leave my face red afterwards but that subsides within 30 minutes.

Also-side note and it might just be me--but the apple cider vinegar has helped lighten my acne scars (I use differin too, but I've been using it for years so I know that's not it) and I didn't think that only a few spoonfuls once a week for three weeks would make any difference although I believe with green tea it makes a good acne toner--haven't tried that because I have combo/dry skin with eczema so I am sticking with witch hazel.

There is so much product, they claim 1lb will make only 10 facials but I am pretty sure it will make 20+. I have used it 4-5 times and I haven't even gotten past the cap.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I love, love this mask! It took me a while to get used to the "pulsating" sensation. At first i could only to stand to keep it on for about 2-3 minutes, but after about a month of using it I sometimes sleep in it. It really leaves my acne- prone skin super smooth! I have huge pores, but after using this they are a lot less visible! I also love the way it keeps my skin balanced throughout the day, I'm a lot less oily! I also love the fact that any skin type can use it! It's great, especially for the price!

on 4/2/2010 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am kind of on the fence about this product. It does sometimes help.....clears up the big, under the skin zits before they get really bad, but others it isn't nearly as effective for. I mixed it with water and green tea, and then bought some Braggs ACV as the directions say to use. Also, if I use it as an all-over mask, it really irritates my skin and leaves red welts on the sensitive areas. So, I only use it to spot-treat. I will re-purchase if I ever have to, the tub is huge! This works best if you really are on top of it and treat the instant you suspect a new zit coming on. I do think it's more effective than Queen Helene MJ mask.

on 3/24/2010 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Okay I was hesitant on trying this product because all it is is bentonite clay in a powder form. All masks that don't come in powder form have other ingrediants like vitamins, and essential oils and things like that so I was wondering why such a basic clay product would work so well...well I researched and bentonite clay when mixed with water becomes electrically charged and it draws out the toxins in the body. Interesting right? Well I had to see for myself so I bought this and mixed it only with water and left it on for about 10 minutes. The whole pulsating thing is kinda true- I could feel some pulsation but I think due to the tightening of my face...anyway I rinsed it off and my skin looked a little smoother but I wanted to see what it looked like overnight so I went to bed and woke up and to my surprise a lot of my acne dried up and my pores looked smaller. So yes this does work as a great mask drawing out all the gunk in your pores even tho it has only one ingredient. I would also like to say that this works even better than Queen Helenes mint julep mask because I didn't see any really great results with that product like I did with this product.

EDIT: I have to add something, I really HATE how this smells, so I add a lot of essentials oils not only for the scent, but also for the healing properties they have, I add 1 drop lavender, 1 drop rosemary and 1 drop peppermint, I also either add fresh lemon juice or ACV. No bad smell and still amazing results! The peppermint is really cooling to me and non irritating but be careful if you do have sensitive skin.

on 3/21/2010 6:54:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

At first I wasn't sure if this stuff was doing me any good, but I think my skin was just purging. I just mix this with water and a little bit of my amazing Faerie Organics mineral spot treatment, then leave it on until it's all dry. I do a thin mask a couple times a week, and a thicker mask less often. I was having a problem with tiny bumps, clogged pores, but I am happy to report that this has really helped to clear them up! I have tried many clay masks over the years, this is by far the best! And for the best price! My skin feels crazy soft after using it, too.

on 3/19/2010 9:16:00 AM

After reading all these rave reviews, I decided to give it a try. My main concern was enlarged pores; I thought this product would suck out all the gunk in my pores so that overtime they will diminish in size. But unfortunately this didn't work out for me. Not only did it dried my skin (gave me a few wrinkles on my forehead even though I am an oily-skinned 20-yr-old), it actually made my pores more apparent--areas that didn't have enlarged pores now have pores. I originally only have pores on my nose, now I can see the pores on the front of my forehead and my whole two cheeks! So beware, it might have an adverse effect on you!
Now I have a whole 1lb left which makes me wonder what to do with it.

on 3/1/2010 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i have very, very oily skin. i was so excited to try this clay mask. its natural, DIRT CHEAP, and you can mix it yourself. mixing it up isn't hard at all. for the best kind of mixture, use half/half of the clay and apple cider vinegar. i don't have sensitive skin, so it didn't make my face red. it dries up so hard that it pulls/stretches your skin so much that it looks like you had a face lift. thats where this "pulsing" sensation is coming from. i'm not a fan of such severe stretching! the results? eh, made me skin soft. thats it. as far as cleaning out blackheads (i'm forever plagued with a strawberry nose; so many blackheads!) nothing really. freeman avocado cucumber clay mask from wal-mart delivers much better results.

After realizing that most fancy masks, laden with pore purging ingredients just DONT WORK, I remembered about this mask and decided to give it a go. In the beginning I was shi****g bricks because I though my face would crumple up and be washed down the drain along with the mask. However, the rosy glow, clear pores and wonderful feeling of an actual deep clean are completely worth the 20 minutes spent writhing in mute pain. I recommend this because it actually does something and costs next to nothing. Apple cider for me works best, water just creates some kind of nasty goo which is impossible to apply. Try it out its 6 dollars you have nothing to loose except the acne.

on 2/24/2010 11:22:00 AM

The only possibly CON that I can think of is that I didn't find this product YEARS ago!!! I absolutely love it and it is a wonderful secret!! Fabulous skin after using!! I can see improvement with each and every use. My gigantic pores are getting much tighter!

on 1/31/2010 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this stuff works really well. i don't find time to use it as much as i want to, but every time i use it my skin feels so great and clean. I've only ever tried it with ACV but i really like the pulsating effect on the skin. and an added bonus is the very cool classic green facial color. oh, and overnight spot treatments are pretty amazing too. just make sure to wash it off as soon as you get up so by the time you leave the house your skin is
not red at all.