MAC Veluxe Pearl - All That Glitters

4.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Very versatile color! Suitable for the office and easy to smoke out with a dark brown for a night out. All That Glitters is a Veluxe Pearl so there is a slight shimmer to it, but not as much as the frost eye shadows. There is a little pink undertone in it, so it pairs well with pink blushes.

When I'm late for work I apply my make up when I get there. I use All That Glitters on my lid and also as an alternative to a highlighter above my cheekbones.

Similar to Stila's Kitten eyeshadow but less shimmery!

on 7/8/2009 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Very pretty color, but also very dupable! Usually I'm kind of scared of Veluxe Pearl finishes (woodwinked is a color that shows up scary and metallic on my lids), but All That Glitters is much softer and more flattering on me. However, the Paradise Cove palette by Wet 'n WIld has a color in it that is almost identical...the color in bottom right corner matches All That Glitters practically perfectly and has a smooth and silky consistency like MAC. Trust me, I usually steer clear of drugstore eyeshadows, but that palette has a lot of MAC comparable colors for just $5 for the whole thing. So yes, I will use of this color, but no, since it matches my palette color already, I will not repurchase.

on 7/3/2009 12:15:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I love this e/s! Its a new favorite! I used it all over with Sweet Lust on top on the lid to the crease and its great!!! It looks great with Romp in the crease as well!

on 6/27/2009 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

All That Glitters is described by MAC as a "beige with gold pearl." The shadow has a Veluxe Pearl finish and is part of the permanent collection.

I was recommend ATG by a MAC makeup artist for a day look. She paired this shadow with Hauxe (a sort of plummy light brown) in the crease. I absolutely loved the look! I have fair, cool-toned skin so bronze-y colors and looks can be iffy with me. But the lightness of these colors prevented the look from being over the top while the bronze-y sheen brought out the gold in my hazel eyes.

I see ATG as being a bronze beige color, with some hints of pink. It's a lovely color for day or night looks because it's so versatile. The wear and application are great like most MAC products. I do recommend using some kind of base or primer. It really brings the pigmentation of the shadows to their fullest potential and helps prevent creasing.

I will definitely repurchase this shadow!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

WOOOO this is my first review on MakeupAlley!
I am new to MAC and this was the first eyeshadow I purchased, it is STUNNING and I can use it with anything!
TIP: Use it to highlight in the inner corners of your eyes, on the inner half just under your waterline, all over the lid and with a dash of Satin Taupe in the crease.. BAMMM ready to go just like that :) This is my stable! AMEN!

on 6/25/2009 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm clearly in the minority here, but I think this color is just okay. It's a peachy goldish color (I don't see the beige at all). Looks really pretty in the pan, but on my blue eyes it looks a bit orange. I don't find myself reaching for this one all that often.

on 6/24/2009 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hi Makeup Alley friends =)

I absolutely ADORE this eyeshadow, I purchased it along with the others it came with to complete the Dita Von Tesse look that MAC was promoting. The day I went in to purchase ALL THAT GLITTERS I knew I was getting a great color that I would always have a love for and would continue to return for as one of my (staple) colors. It's a nice shimmery brown that's easy to wear anytime of the year and will probably compliment any skin tone. It's great and best of luck to all you first timers on this color!!!!

on 6/24/2009 8:36:00 PM

This is a really great eyeshadow color and you can pair it with pretty much any color in the crease. Blue color, woodwinked, a purple like haux or trax. Its like a light honey color with some pink and it will look good on anyone. This was my very first MAC eyeshadow. Get it, you won't be disappointed.

on 6/22/2009 2:27:00 PM

This is a beautiful neutral eye shadow. I normally use this on the lid with Kid in the crease, and Brule or Dazzlelight as a highlight. I can pair All That Glitters with any shade and it looks fabulous. Plus, MAC sells the pro refill pans on their website now for only 11 dollars, so you really can't beat the price! Even most drugstore brands are more expensive than that! The formulation is smooth, silky, and has just enough shimmer. I will buy this over and over!

on 6/21/2009 3:08:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Nice neutral beige. Great for spicing up a boring neutral eye with a bit of shimmer

Top Rated MAC Products