July 28, 2014 | 1176 users online

Lotions/ Creams - EXTRA VIRGIN Coconut Oil (All brands)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by CuteSmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on my 2nd jar of coconut oil and I love it. I have curly hair and of course tends to be dryer at the ends, so twice a week I put some on my hair and message it into my scaple and leave it in for 15 min's (which takes about 5-10 just to make sure its somewhat evenly coated) and wash my hair. Sometimes I even apply it on the day I cleans and leave it in for about 3-6 hrs and just rinse it out. Works great for me.
I'm not sure what kind of hair the review below has, but she must be doing to quickly.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2011 11:50:00 PM More reviews by mcquest

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's too oily for hair. If you put a tiny bit on your hair, it might not distribute throughout. For it to distribute throughout, you end up putting too much on, i.e. your hair will be greasy afterwards even after you wash it. I don't want my hair to look dirty and greasy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2011 3:16:00 AM More reviews by DuchessofGrapes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've recently been trying to find natural alternatives to my expensive skincare products. This is one that I love. It has replaced my beloved Clinique Take Off the Day Balm, Ojon Restorative Treatment, and Soap and Glory Righteous Body Butter. I'll go through each and explain why it's taken their place.
Clinique TOTD Balm: I've always believed that makeup should be removed BEFORE that face is washed and TOTD Balm was my favorite face make up remover. I use coconut oil the same way I used my Balm. I take a bit out of the jar, warm it up, rub it on my skin for about 30 seconds, then wipe off with a damp muslin cloth. Coconut oil is often used in face washes because of it's ability to emulsify dirt, oil, and pigment as well as a foaming agent. I still follow up with my regular face wash, but I can see this working great as a cleanser alone. But if you wear foundation, use it twice!
Ojon Restorative Treatment: I used to use a scalp stimulant, clarifying shampoo and Ojon once a week. I am now making my own scalp stimulant from essential oils, using apple cider vinegar to clarify my hair, and coconut oil to moisturize it. I leave it in for about 20 minutes, then rinse out. My hair is clean, soft with no extra build up. I also use it in my Lush Henna recipe. It helps the henna to soak into my hair better, wash out easier, and keep my hair soft. With the amount the Ojon treatment was costing me, I'd be happy with just this as a replacement. Lucky for me, there's more.
Righteous Body Butter: I did not use body butter all over myself. I'm far too addicted to my body lotions (Alba's Unscented in the morning and Trader Joe's Midsummer Night's Cream at night). I only used it on my elbows, knees, and hands (I always have a separate foot cream). The smell of the butter was so strong it left me a little nauseous. So while, I'm not particularly partial to coconut, it's an improvement for my stomach. It also moisturized just as well.
Needless to say, I'm very happy with coconut oil. I don't use it to cook, but I might have to try now. I love multi-purpose products and this has just topped my list. Lovely as I had hoped it would be!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2011 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Donnz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This just didn't work for me topically. My skin is incredibly sensitive and neither my face nor body reacted well to it. The smell got a little overwhelming too. The reason why I will buy this again is because it made fantastic moist dairy free muffins and it helps to combat pregnancy constipation. So a yay for dietary but a nay for beauty.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by fluttergurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

coconut oil is probably my most versatile and highly coveted beauty item. not only is it my HG eye makeup remover, it does wonders as a leave in for my hair. i love it on my face before bed as well, a little bit goes a long way and moisturizes very well. ive also started using this as a substitute for body lotion, as im trying to steer away from chemical laden lotions, and so far so good! i picked up a huge tub of the stuff at whole foods for i think ten or so dollars. considering its versatility and awesomeness, i wouldve paid double. i cant recommend this highly enough.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was recommended to me by a blogger friend who did a before/after review and I was really impressed by how this moisturized her hair. So I ran out and got myself a jar and left a tiny amount of it in overnight and lo and behold, my hair soaked it up like a sponge and looked so smooth and shiny the next day after washing! I use this now once a week for a hair pick-me-up instead of an overpriced treatment that doesn't do anything. This is also my 600th review so I wanted it to be known that something simple and cheap can really change things for an experienced MUAer. Keep an open mind y'all.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2011 11:19:00 AM More reviews by tututran

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love using organic products, especially if they have multiple uses! I started using coconut oil for my hair a few months ago, when I started really caring about my body and what I ate and the products that I used. I only use certified organic shampoo and conditioner and also certified organic coconut oil as a hair treatment.

I haven't used it in a while though, because I'm so lazy. But since I had tried another hair mask (something that was raved highly about in Asia and on youtube) however, it made my hair really dry and coarse. So I will definitely just stick to the coconut oil, and try to do little treatments at least once a week so my hair can start feeling nice and soft again. This stuff is amazing, and for the price you really can't beat it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2011 10:16:00 AM More reviews by Icaria

As a body & feet moisturizer, its my new HG for summer (might not be quite enough for winter). For hair and scalp it's fabulous. Massaged onto scalp, it helps control my dandruff & makes my hair softer witth less frizz. Once hair is dry, I can even use a little more for extra shine. Good for oral hygene and for cooking (LOL) it's what I would call a SUPER OIL. Plus the bonus is that it's super inexpensive & you can get it in any health food store.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Silvialee

Love coconut oil it's my dery skin secret weapon. It's not overly oily like some other types of oils out there. I use it on my body all year round and it heals and conceals dry skin. Its great in the summer on the legs because it has a bit of healthy shine to it that makes your legs look so smooth from afar, even if you haven't shaved. What else can I say, its all natural, not heavy and super healthy for the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 8:24:00 PM More reviews by BBVet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is sooo good for skin.