September 15, 2014 | 1793 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Clinique - Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2008 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Achromasia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oily, oily, oily. It makes my eyes feel disgusting, and works just as well as the Mary Kay makeup remover. Also, the bottle has a wide mouthed top that has a habit of spilling. Won't be buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2008 1:39:00 AM More reviews by m_cena7

its an ok remover..i love and hate it!i love it because it gets all my eye makeup off..but i hate it because its a bit drying...i think i'll stick with just water and a cleanser!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2008 4:37:00 PM More reviews by hellasunday

Ok so this one is a decent eye makeup remover. But- it does the same job as a lot of other cheaper brands. You don't get a lot of it, considering the amount you pay. My bottle is nearly finished and I haven't even had it for 3 weeks yet.
It does just as good/bad job removing mascara and eyeliner as other brands, I still have traces of mascara under my eyes when I wake up in the morning.
It doesn't irritate my eyes though which is a big plus I guess.
Will not buy again, will stick to trusty almond oil for a fraction of the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2008 11:14:00 AM More reviews by ejmj

I wanted to like this, love the packaging, but it wound up drying out my eyes, and I had to rub like 3-4x to get my makeup off... Lancomes BiFacil is 10x better and you don't have to use as much...

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2008 7:31:00 PM More reviews by blackcat191

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this as a recent GWP. Its a makeup removal OIL. I have oily skin and, although it did remove most of my MU very well (but not all of my mascara and eyeliner) it left my skin really oily and slimy after. Although it does state on the bottle that you need to rinse your face after - why spend so much money on a product where you have to rinse the skin after??! I would definitely not purchase this again. Ladies, all you need is good old baby wipes - they do a similar job at about a tenth of the price AND you don't need to rinse your skin after!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2008 12:56:00 AM More reviews by JennLovesYou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm very, very cautious about trying any skin care product from Clinique, which is why I was pleasantly surprised by Take The Day Off. I was expecting it to be harsh and not remove much makeup, but it removes my eye, lip, and face makeup easily. I've never had a product that removed my e/s, mascara, and liner in one clean sweep, but TTDO does exactly that, and I love that I don't have to tug to get everything to come off. I even clean my brushes with it.

My only complaint is that it leaves a bit of an oily film behind, which is intended to moisturize your skin after removal. I made the mistake of reapplying e/s after overapplying on one eye right after removing the previous shadow. The e/s kind of blended with the oil, which didn't ruin my look, but made it harder to control, if that makes sense. TTDO is a bit pricey for a remover ($26), but it's very nice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2008 8:21:00 PM More reviews by CoonieR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Overall, this delivers as a no-frills makeup remover. I only wear waterproof mascara and occasionally play with lip stains, so I need something that removes makeup like turpentine but doesn't disturb my oh-so-sensitive skin. Clinique's Take the Day Off works without being harsh.

You'll have to shake this well before using and scrub a little (with a cotton ball of course) to get off stubborn makeup, but it's worth the trouble--most eyeshadows and lipsticks come off easily on me. I have oily, sensitive skin (yes, that combination is possible :P ) and in the 3+ years I've been using this, it's never broken me out or bothered my skin.

This isn't anything special, but it gets the job done.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2008 6:23:00 PM More reviews by KND27

This stuff is alright. It gets the majority of eye makeup off, but definitely not all. After I use take the day off, thinking I got every, I wash my face only to find mascara smudge under my eye. So I'm not overly impressed with this product. I'll stick with my $1.99 Johnson & Johnson baby oil--it gets ALL of my eye make up off and is non-irritating.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2008 4:13:00 PM More reviews by shelllly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This my current HG for removing eye makeup and stubborn longwear lip colors. I wear contacts fairly often, and this doesn't bother my eyes, nor do I have to tug to get off my waterproof (powerpoint eye pencils from MAC) liner or waterproof mascara.

I've tried Almay, Lancome, and various others, but my best friend keeps telling me to go back to the Clinique. It lasts a long time, and worth the price.

Never use a cotton ball with a liquid - it absorbs too much product. I use one of the cotton squares or circles, and It is the right amount, with no waste.

I currently have one back-up, and will buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2008 8:02:00 AM More reviews by dorisdx

I must be the only one who's crazy here...I don't like this product at all!
stayed one night at my girl friend's, and this was the only thing she had (she never tried it herself though). thank god it was only an GWP!! It hurt our (both of us!) eyes, and didn't remove my eye makeup. I was only wearing (non-shimmery) eye shadow, non waterproof mascara and no eye liner at all..gee I ended up removing my eye makeup with water...