April 21, 2014 | 1506 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2007 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Melhadjis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have this in tan and honey it does not match my complexion very well seeing as how i am farely yellow and olive toned so its a bit off obviously. i was looking for something that was sheer but had coverage and this did look great dont get me wrong but i think it broke me out i have been using it a week or so and i have been through every make on the planet i am thinking of trying estee lauder double wear next, who knows lancome doesnt work then again teint idole does not seem to match up to my skin and color ideal breaks me out as well. If this works for you lucky!! because it does look great!

UPDATE::
i started using this again and it doesnt break me out i love it now lol. but it has a CON. it drys my skin out in places and it drives me crazy other than that i say its a go for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2007 1:27:00 PM More reviews by ashleydoom

I love this foundation. I have combination skin, and this makeup has never once broken me out. I have been using this foundation for a long time, along with the concealer. Apply with a brush, and that bottle goes a looong way.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2007 6:50:00 PM More reviews by ShellyMtz

I've been using this foundation on and off, it's a perfect shade match for my NC25 skin and the coverage is great.
I have combo-acne prone skin which I take care with PC routine and weekly Accutane.
I have clearer skin and this foundation doesn't break me out *big plus for me.
I pair this with NARS loose powder and spot conceal blemishes and scars with MAC studio fix.

Want to try ALMAY TLC, waiting for more reviews on MUA.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2007 5:38:00 PM More reviews by rachelaeddy

This product actually made me break out. I have overly sensitve skin though. It didn't last long, I found myself having to reapply it after only a couple hours. It also comes off super easily on shirts (which my boyfriend did not appreciate too much). Coloring is good though, gives a dewy effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2007 4:06:00 PM More reviews by momof2or

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product for several months now. I use it every day. It does seem to have a healing effect on acne. It looks pretty natural but does make the skin look fairly smooth and even. It lasts for several hours. I apply it in the morning before work with one of that triangular make up sponges. It works great. I use the Buff 140. I've tried several different brands of make up and this one seems to be the best so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2007 4:41:00 PM More reviews by mohmlet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I first bought this during a bad breakout three years ago, and have been using it off and on (in Ivory on my NC15 skin) ever since, whenever I start to have skin issues.

The great: the texture, which glides on, blends well, and doesn't feel heavy. It also lasts all day.

The very good: I don't know that it actually clears my blemishes, but it doesn't leave me with more, and I break out at the drop of a hat.

The could use improvement: typical for a drugstore foundation, the color range is limited, which could make finding a match trouble.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2007 7:05:00 PM More reviews by italianma06

it does what it says-clears up zits as it helps heal them. i also use benzoyl peroxide at night as an all over treatment. in the winter, the combo of both acne mediactions is too drying, but its great in the summer. i would recommend it for anyone with light to moderate acne

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2007 11:57:00 PM More reviews by sally2002

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG foundation material - this foundation is the best match for my skintone that I've found at the drugstore (Ivory for my Prescriptives R/O level 1 skin). The coverage is great. Gives a dewy, natural finish but I still look natural. Lasts all day. The packaging is nice - fits really well in my makeup bag since I do mine on the go. So far, loving it!

UPDATE - My husband looked at me this morning and asked me if I had my make-up on yet. I said no and he said, oh, that explains why you look so shiny. Not the nicest thing, true, but he's never noticed a foundation NOT being there, if you know what I mean. Usually he notices when the color is off or the coverage is really cakey. I think this speaks to how good this foundation is because I actually just look naturally better with it on. I love this stuff!

UPDATE #2 - I think this is making my chin break-out. I thought it would go away by now, but three weeks later, I still have new breakouts all the time. So I'm going to put this foundation on the shelf for now and try something else - I have to stop these breakouts!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2007 11:08:00 PM More reviews by freshmintskittle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I SO wanted this to work! I am fair with acne-plagued (I've tossed out the "proned" term for the sake of realism) skin, and when I purchased this foundation, I was aware of the fact that salicylic acid had irritated my skin in the past. A few weeks after purchasing, I started noticing the old sal. acid irritation: dry skin with more acne and lots of flakies. I'm not taking off any lippies b/c it's still a good product, esp. for those with no sensitivity to the salicylic acid. The consistency is thick but it blends well, ivory was actually a good match for me (most ivorys aren't) and most shades seem to be yellow-toned and not pink, and it had pretty good medium coverage. It sometimes got a little too thick and the bottle is pretty terrible - can't tell you how many times i ended up with the stuff pouring out all over me and the counter! Still great though - would be better without the acne "medication."

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2007 7:48:00 AM More reviews by ChrisseMarie

I can't believe I hadn't tried this stuff sooner. I purchased this after failing to have any luck with Prescriptives Custom Blend. I've only been using it about a week and I love it. The color (Buff) matches my skin perfectly (a great neutral tone without pink). It's got a medium buildable coverage. There is no spf, which is fine with me because I prefer to use a separate spf that I already know will not break me out. I do still have to blot after a couple of hours. I think it helps having a bit of salicylic acid in it, it doesn't dry my skin out. I would prefer a pump bottle. The price is right as well (Compare $11 to the $65 I had paid for Prescriptives).