December 19, 2014 | 1809 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2007 8:22:00 PM More reviews by bbryant

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although this is supposed to have salycilic acid and make my pimples disappear, it made them worse.
I would thoroughly wash my face, apply moisturizer and sunscreen, and my pores would STILL get clogged. I still use it but only if I'm getting dressed up or as a spot concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2007 6:04:00 PM More reviews by chitown

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Purchased this foundation in nude. I have to say I am very happy!! I am 5 months pregnants and have gone through 4 different foundations lancome,bare minerals,estee lauder and this has been the best so far.Honestly for a drug store brand the quality was great. I roamed the aisles at ulta and was happy to find this. I do agree that it does seem to dry out the blemishes and make them a bit flakey but it is a foundation that is NOT breaking me out... so I am happy!! I also use the Laura Geller Oil Blotting Pressed Powder over it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2007 3:35:00 PM More reviews by junkiegirl

This didn't make my acne better or worse, but I loved the coverage that it gave me. It went on fairly sheer and coverage was buildable and it actually matched my skin tone! I use mineral makeup powder foundation usually, but when I do use a liquid foundation, it's this one. The only thing I don't like about it is that it leaks. (I travel around alot)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2007 1:08:00 AM More reviews by mystique2314

I discontinued using this product when I noticed my face actually breaking out worse than before use. I have combo skin...dry in some areas and very oily in my Tzone and this product felt sticky in the dry areas (could be contributed to humid weather) and had no staying power in the oily areas. I still use a few other Almay products but won't use this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2007 12:27:00 AM More reviews by khorne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation, but do not love it. It does not cause any new breakouts- which is hard to find, but I feel that it looks a little cakey. I will continue to use it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2007 7:41:00 AM More reviews by ben228

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Uh, no, sorry. This was a great foundation but then they (Revlon, who owns Almay) went and redid it and changed that shades so now they are all so crazy orange. Even the Ivory and Buff shades, which I used to wear in this, are now crazy orange. Sorry Revlon, you really messed up Almay this time.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2007 2:02:00 AM More reviews by ebonyamberjade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have very acne prone skin, and I have yet to find a foundation that doesn't make my skin break out worse. I tried this because it has salicylic acid in it, and that is supposed to help fight acne. I have tried other products that have salicylic acid, and they have all made my skin worse. This was no exception. I wore it for a few days and noticed my skin breaking out more. Not to mention it feel it uncomfortable on your skin and I couldn't wait to wash it off when I got home. And the colors don't match very well.

But as I said, all foundations make my skin break out. So who knows, this product might work for you. I just know it didn't work for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2007 8:05:00 AM More reviews by jrw46

I was looking for something to help with my blemish prone skin. At first I thought it was really good because it did help clear up the blemishes on my skin. However, I did find the following problems with using it longer term: (a) it really dries out the skin around blemishes which is great but I then got flakey skin over the blemishes as the dried out which isn't very attractive. (b) it was quite orangey on the skin even when using the most neutral colours (c) it seemed a little too harsh on my skin over a period of time, particularly when I was relatively blemish free. I therefore changed to Almay's skin stays clean foundation instead. I now use the clear complexion foundation as a concealer to help heal bad blemishes (it's very effective at that) while using the clean skin foundation as a base. Anyway, they aren't stocking Almay in the UK anymore for some bizarre reason which is a shame as I think this product would help a lot of people.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2007 6:38:00 PM More reviews by iamspamm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

the colors of the foundation are horrible. the lightest is was to orange for my skin tone. it makes me look dirty. It also cakes up in smile lines on my face. though it did heal acne for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2007 3:46:00 PM More reviews by vintagezombie

This is my favorite liquid foundation. My skin looks really good with it on. It goes on smoothly and doesn't take much to give me good coverage. It evens out my skin tone really well and covers up my pimply bits. It holds up well enough against my oily skin as well.