July 31, 2014 | 1964 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - BIG

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2003 8:15:00 PM More reviews by nchinoy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

WOW!!! i read the reviews here and at the Lush website and i decided to go to the store and get a sample of the shampoo before i spent CAD$17 on it. I tried it with a deep conditioner and i am really really impressed. i use a straightening balm, hairdryer, spray gel and shine serum, so im pretty glad that this shampoo is a deep cleansing one too. I have an oily scalp and for some reason, so far, my hair is still light fluffy and bouncy. if ure skeptical and worried about investing so much money in a shampoo, just get a sample and try it. Just make sure u use a deep conditioner, like garnier fructis or the pantene deep conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2003 9:33:00 PM More reviews by proflady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Like many LUSH products, this shampoo is WEIRD but in the best possible way. It looks like a tub of salt scrub. Who in their right mind would put this on their hair? But since I use a lot of LUSH, I'm willing to give any of theirs a try. It does produce creamy lather and has this lovely lime scent. You have to make sure to get the little pieces of salt out when you rinse. (Even WRITING that seems bizarre!) It leaves hair squeaky clean, shinier than anything else I've ever tried, bouncy and full, kind of perfect. Salt scrub shampoo? I don't mind when the results are like this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2003 6:54:00 PM More reviews by jennyb

This has to be the weirdest shampoo I've ever tried. For starters, it comes in a cardboard pot like an ice cream carton. And the texture is more like a body scrub, huge chunky raw salt granules in a thick paste. I found it quite hard to use without wasting some, as globs of the paste would fall off my head before I'd had chance to rub them in. And it doesn't lather up much (at least in my hard-water area), so I found myself using a whole handful, a costly business at the price Lush charge for this stuff. Real lemon and lime make it smell gorgeous; however they also made my sensitive skin smart when I accidentally dropped some on my face.But despite all the downsides, I still think this is great stuff, because the results it gives are simply amazing. My hair is long, fine, highlighted and somewhat damaged. After using Big (and conditioner) my hair is - yes - big, and soft, silky and shiny to boot. And it doesn't feel sticky, crispy, or dry, as it usually does with even the best volumisers. I didn't get the tangling problems other reviewers have experienced; in fact it felt silky immediately on rinsing.Despite this being crazy-expensive and a pain to use, I will definitely repurchase. I have tried many expensive salon-brand shampoos and this beats the lot of them, hands-down. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2003 10:45:00 AM More reviews by kalliope

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I was afraid to use this new Lush shampoo because of all the "soft and fluffy" reviews. I have fine curly hair that is easily made lank, drab, uncurly, flat, etc. by too heavy a shampoo/conditioner combination, too much product, too heavy a styling aid, or by not enough styling aid! Temperamental hair, I tell you. Most lighter or volumizing shampoos mess up my curl and I just get a fluffy, soft, and flyaway mess.

But I got a sample of Big so I tried it, and it's my holy grail shampoo! I had full bouncy curls, they hung together and were well defined -- everything I've been looking for. I've been using it with Lush's Veganese, and will be trying it with Jungle soon. It smells fresh, looks like a body scrub (contians salt granules), and needs a little extra water to lather up, but it's SO worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2003 10:04:00 PM More reviews by nora80

Alright - it took me a while, but I'm addicted to this stuff now. I have fine but thick curly highlighted hair, and over time this has come to promise nice, soft, fluffy results...and the sea salt is just a lot of fun:) One does certainly require a conditioner after using this, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2003 10:04:00 AM More reviews by rasmus

This is an excellent shampoo, it smells wonderfull and leaves my hair soft and shiny. This is definately on my 'buy again' list.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2003 6:55:00 AM More reviews by twistygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shampoo is wonderful. I tried it on a whim, never thinking a vat of salty stuff would make a good shampoo but I'll try anything Lush once... it lathers up a storm and makes my hair very soft without being flat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2003 2:18:00 AM More reviews by yankeerose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Lush may be expensive, but I have very good luck with their products. Big is now my HG shampoo. I have fine, over processed, shoulder length hair, but it needs to be washed daily because of oily scalp. Since I've been using Big, I can now wash my hair every other day. So Cool...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2003 12:28:00 AM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was my first Lush purchase and I am so happy with it! I loved the unusually thick texture with all the salt chunks-the fresh smell was very nice too. This made my hair so soft and light feeling, like it was before all the ususal coloring/styling dama

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2003 2:18:00 AM More reviews by Donna

Got a generous sample in a swap. I found I only needed a small amount to lather like mad...tons of creamy lather. Once rinsed out, it does sort of make a rats nest of your hair, but I took the advice of previous users and also used American Cream conditioner. The results were awesome. Lush, (lol) shiny bouncy thick looking hair-it looked so good I didn't want to wash it! I think it's essential to use it with the American Cream conditioner. Something about the combo seems to cause the best results.