October 22, 2014 | 1868 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - BIG

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2004 7:37:00 PM More reviews by suchabadmonkey

big shampoo has the most wonderful scent. it's rich and spicy and lingers for days. a little goes a long way, which is fortunate because it's pricey, but i think it's worth it. if i use it on a daily basis, i like it, but if i use it every once in a while, i LOVE it. it clarifies and adds shine and body. i'm on my second tub and i will buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2003 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Spiriel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I first got received this in the mail, I couldn't believe how heavy the tub was. But as one of the ingrediants is sea salt, Lush can be forgiven.

This is great stuff, I have fine hair and it makes my hair soft, I've not noticed any extra boy being added by using it.

However I am completely addicted to the amazing smell, I can't even begin to describe it though. It lingers as well a day or two after I've washed my hair with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2003 9:54:00 AM More reviews by suggie

ALTHOUGH IT LOOKED LIKE LAUNDRY SOAP...I LOVED THIS STUFF. tHE SMELL WAS SOMETHING FAMILIAR...I STILL CANT FIGURE OUT WHAT IT SMELLS LIKE...IT LATHERED WELL MY HAIR FELT LIGHT AND CLEAN....AMAZING....CAME IT A CONTAINER SIMILAR TO A PINT OF ICECREAM...I ALITTLE BIT LATHERED MY WHOLE HEAD...WOW

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2003 5:31:00 PM More reviews by stimpycat

Received this in a shipment of lush I ordered online and just tried it out this morning. I think it dried my hair out a bit, maybe after a couple of days I'll be able to tell how its working. It looks pretty strange with salt chunks and comes in a tupperware like pot. But it lathered up really well and has an ok scent that kind of smells like a men's fragrance.

On the Lush site this product promises to revitalize your hair and leave it soft and shiny. They also post customer reviews of their products.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2003 8:15:00 PM More reviews by nchinoy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

WOW!!! i read the reviews here and at the Lush website and i decided to go to the store and get a sample of the shampoo before i spent CAD$17 on it. I tried it with a deep conditioner and i am really really impressed. i use a straightening balm, hairdryer, spray gel and shine serum, so im pretty glad that this shampoo is a deep cleansing one too. I have an oily scalp and for some reason, so far, my hair is still light fluffy and bouncy. if ure skeptical and worried about investing so much money in a shampoo, just get a sample and try it. Just make sure u use a deep conditioner, like garnier fructis or the pantene deep conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2003 9:33:00 PM More reviews by proflady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Like many LUSH products, this shampoo is WEIRD but in the best possible way. It looks like a tub of salt scrub. Who in their right mind would put this on their hair? But since I use a lot of LUSH, I'm willing to give any of theirs a try. It does produce creamy lather and has this lovely lime scent. You have to make sure to get the little pieces of salt out when you rinse. (Even WRITING that seems bizarre!) It leaves hair squeaky clean, shinier than anything else I've ever tried, bouncy and full, kind of perfect. Salt scrub shampoo? I don't mind when the results are like this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2003 6:54:00 PM More reviews by jennyb

This has to be the weirdest shampoo I've ever tried. For starters, it comes in a cardboard pot like an ice cream carton. And the texture is more like a body scrub, huge chunky raw salt granules in a thick paste. I found it quite hard to use without wasting some, as globs of the paste would fall off my head before I'd had chance to rub them in. And it doesn't lather up much (at least in my hard-water area), so I found myself using a whole handful, a costly business at the price Lush charge for this stuff. Real lemon and lime make it smell gorgeous; however they also made my sensitive skin smart when I accidentally dropped some on my face.But despite all the downsides, I still think this is great stuff, because the results it gives are simply amazing. My hair is long, fine, highlighted and somewhat damaged. After using Big (and conditioner) my hair is - yes - big, and soft, silky and shiny to boot. And it doesn't feel sticky, crispy, or dry, as it usually does with even the best volumisers. I didn't get the tangling problems other reviewers have experienced; in fact it felt silky immediately on rinsing.Despite this being crazy-expensive and a pain to use, I will definitely repurchase. I have tried many expensive salon-brand shampoos and this beats the lot of them, hands-down. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2003 10:45:00 AM More reviews by kalliope

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I was afraid to use this new Lush shampoo because of all the "soft and fluffy" reviews. I have fine curly hair that is easily made lank, drab, uncurly, flat, etc. by too heavy a shampoo/conditioner combination, too much product, too heavy a styling aid, or by not enough styling aid! Temperamental hair, I tell you. Most lighter or volumizing shampoos mess up my curl and I just get a fluffy, soft, and flyaway mess.

But I got a sample of Big so I tried it, and it's my holy grail shampoo! I had full bouncy curls, they hung together and were well defined -- everything I've been looking for. I've been using it with Lush's Veganese, and will be trying it with Jungle soon. It smells fresh, looks like a body scrub (contians salt granules), and needs a little extra water to lather up, but it's SO worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2003 10:04:00 PM More reviews by nora80

Alright - it took me a while, but I'm addicted to this stuff now. I have fine but thick curly highlighted hair, and over time this has come to promise nice, soft, fluffy results...and the sea salt is just a lot of fun:) One does certainly require a conditioner after using this, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2003 10:04:00 AM More reviews by rasmus

This is an excellent shampoo, it smells wonderfull and leaves my hair soft and shiny. This is definately on my 'buy again' list.