LUSH BIG

3.9

Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Fresh Organic Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), Fresh Sea Water (Aqua), Toothed Wrack Seaweed Infusion (Fucus serratus), Cocamide DEA, Lauryl Betaine, Fresh Organic Lime Juice (Citrus aurantifolia), Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Neroli Oil (Citrus amara), Mandarin Oil (Citrus nobilis), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), Orris Absolute (Iris florentina), *Limonene, *Linalool, *Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Perfume

on 2/28/2004 9:20:00 AM

This stuff is so cool, I didn't believe the SA when she said I'd just need about a pea sized amount for my whole head. Smells divine, doesn't make your hair big but it's really shiny. Even my husband enjoys this. Be aware, it so totally cleans your hair it may be a bit flyaway so you'll need a smoothing serum or hair spray, and only use once/week or it's too drying.

on 2/23/2004 7:29:00 PM

This shampoo is pretty weird. Right off the bat I'm going to say that I hate the packaging, but I guess that with the consistency of the shampoo, it would be hard to put it into a bottle. What I like about this, is that when I wash with it, it gives me great body at the roots of my hair, which is pretty much near impossible normally as I have so much of it. I find the texture is odd, when rinsed through it feels gritty and smells like Tide. I wouldn't use this everyday, since it's most likely a colour stripper, but once a week or every two weeks is fine. FYI: The Lush newsletter states that Big is a shampoo meant for use in soft-water areas as hard water produces scant foam, whereas soft water produces tons of foam. Mine foams up fine without using tons of product, so I guess that I live in a soft-water area.

First - i LOVE the smell. But - it's expensive, and I use it as a body wash instead of a shampoo because it's just too harsh for my curly hair - every time I used it I ended up with tangled frizz. As a body wash, though, it's exfoliating and divine.

on 2/21/2004 11:38:00 PM

I've to'd-and-fro'd about this product for a while. I think it's a great shampoo because it really deep cleans my hair (esp. my oily scalp) and leaves it nice and full (which is a nice change for my dead straight hair), but I find I have to use HEAPS in order to get a decent lather for my long tresses (even when my hair is really really wet). It's a bit messy and inconvenient to use too. The other down side is that I found that I lost more hair than usual when I used this shampoo, which is something I definitely don't want to be happening on a regular basis! The smell is really addictive though! Can't quite put my finger on it... Overall, I don't think I would repurchase as I'm looking for a shampoo that will be convenient to take travelling with me. Worth a try though, for anyone who's curious.

on 2/14/2004 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

CRAZY STUFF. This is a product that begs to be reviewed because it's so WEIRD. Bottom line: Smells like a cross between dirt and new tires (and the scent definitely lingers) but it cleans really well and my hair looks shiny and healthy afterwards. I had a problem getting it to lather at first but learned that hair needs to be really really wet. My hair comes out VERY tangled, even when followed by deep moisturizer. Still, in the end, my hair comes out great! Not sure if I'll repurchase.

on 2/11/2004 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love the way it smells and feels, but shiny hair, no not really. My hair does feel bigger, but also a bit too fluffy. Anyway, just like having it.

Although I don't mind paying a lot for skin and hair care, I think LUSH is way too expensive for what it is really offering.

on 2/6/2004 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Was skeptical when I saw this, but after one use...I LOVE THIS!! My foil-hightlighted hair loves it...so smooth, silky and shiny!!

on 2/1/2004 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I finally got a chance to try this shampoo after a wonderful MUAer sent me a huge sample as an extra. At first i thouht she must have mislabeled the product because this is like no other shampoo I've ever used. It seems like it should be a body scrub-grainy and pasty! But I gave it a shot-huge suds from a tiny amount of product and it really did leave my thick but fine hair FULL. I definately needed a detangler or rinse afterwards though. Would I but this product? I probably don't like it enough to pay the shipping charges by ordering it online, but next time I go to Canada,I will pick some up ! Fun!

on 1/25/2004 2:54:00 PM

Amazing shampoo. A tiny bit goes a long way. Not to be used everyday as it it cleans quite well. Makes your hair so so shiny and smells great. I love the packaging as well.

on 1/24/2004 9:41:00 AM

Really like this product - provides a nice "boost" to the hair. Because my hair is highlighted, I only use once a week. **Keep in mind, stylists use salt (or baking soda) to remove hair color if you have a coloring nightmare, therefore those with highlighted hair may notice fading with regular use.

Popular Shampoos