Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

3.5

Water, Potassium Myristate, Glycerin, Potassium Behenate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Potassium Palmitate, Potassium Laurate, Potassium Stearate, PEG-3, Distearate, Cholestryl Hydroxystearate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Trisodium EDTA, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Violet 2, Red 4

on 4/24/2004 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love love love this cleanser! It removes all my makeup and leaves my skin soft and smooth. It foams nicely and smells great, like rosemary. $16.50 may seem pricey but one tube lasts me about 6 months. I have oily skin but I think this would be gentle enough for all but the most sensitive skin. My holy grail!

on 4/8/2004 1:25:00 PM

A nice cleanser! A little bit will give you generous foam. Squeaky clean after-feel without drying my skin. What else can I ask?

on 3/23/2004 8:24:00 AM

I got this as a GWP. It's the only skin care product i dared to use since my skin flares up from most creams and face products. But this is really nice. It's nothing special but it leaves you with smooth skin and it feels like there is a protective moisture barrier over your skin.. but not greasy. Doesn't irritate me at all. Not sure how well it cleans your pores but i use this once a day.. mornings are good. At night i use garnier for a deeper clean and maybe finish with this.
Overall it's good.. i'll have to see the price before i purchase the full size.
Also good as a shaving cream for men and women i think.

on 3/22/2004 11:00:00 PM

Yuck. I guess if overpriced cold cream in a tube is your thing you might like it. I'd never buy this again.

Do you like cleansers that leave a burning sensation in your eyes? Dry patches and tight skin? This overpriced and irritating cleanser may be for you! Fortunately, the poor packaging leaves most of the product trapped inside the tube. Thumbs down!

on 3/13/2004 10:24:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely hate this stuff! I've been using SSC glycolic cleanser for the past month- which has been awesome to my skin- I recently got this sample from ebay- and it's horrible! Thick and creamy (which is nice) but after you rinse it off your skin 'squeks' and its so tight and dry its HORRIBLE! I will never buy this! Just goes to show you just b/c its expensive doesn't mean its great!

on 3/11/2004 8:46:00 PM

Horrible and bizarre product. When I was at Saks buying NARS stuff, I remembered I was almost out of my Philosophy face wash, and I bought this. Bad idea. This stuff takes off everything from your skin...everything. Your face will literally "squeak" it's so clean - which also means it's a very harsh cleanser. After using it twice, I decided I hated how incredibly tight my face felt after I washed it, and I returned it to Saks. The Clinique MA told me that I was using the product wrong, and it was meant to be a "makeup remover" and the tightness I was feeling was because I wasn't using their soap and other products AFTER it. What???? I have no idea what kind of makeup needs remover, soap, and toner to take off. Seriously, that's just using WAY too many products. Even if you have the oiliest skin - STAY AWAY from this stuff. Much too harsh, and it will strip your skin of everything. Go to a dermatologist instead. Ok, end rant.

on 3/11/2004 12:33:00 PM

This product produces the thickest, creamiest lather of any facial cleanser I've used, and I only need a dime-size dollop. It thoroughly removes makeup, including mascara. Most cleansers dissolve my mascara, but leave a faint raccoon eye under my lower lid. This cleanser leaves not a trace. The only reason I'm not giving it five lipsticks is its price -- a little high when you consider all the cheap and effective products out there. However, given that it's an excellent cleanser AND makeup remover in one (and I'm all for multi-tasking products), it's still worth it, IMO.

on 2/19/2004 11:06:00 PM

This is an amazing cleanser. Although I usually don't wear a lot of makeup, this totally takes it off really fast. Its really concentrated and will last a really long time. It feels so nice and squeaky clean after I wash your face and keeps my face really clear! I will DEFINITELY repurchase.

on 2/19/2004 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used this cleanser for a long time because it got me squeaky clean - which may be a good or bad thing. I did wash off all my makeup, but I also think it dried out my skin. I always thought I had dry skin, but it turns out I have normal skin, but the products I was using (this cleanser and Clinique's Clarifying Lotion 2) were just making it feel dry. I have since switched to PC's cleanser and toner and my skin has never felt better!