November 23, 2014 | 2015 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2004 4:28:00 AM More reviews by babymonster

It's just a normal cleanser. Nothing impressive and special.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2004 9:55:00 AM More reviews by mariella_100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this cleanser for about a year: i loved the way it made my skin squeeky clean! At first i definately noticed a difference in my skin's quality, but over time the results weren't quite so obvious. I used it as part of the infamous 3-step, replacing the soap (which i'd also tried-both the acne solutions and the regular ones), but gave it up when i gave up the 3-step. On its own, its a great cleanser, but the rest of/majority of the Clinique skincare products let it down.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2004 12:31:00 AM More reviews by Ambam032

This cleanser is too pricey for doing an okay job of removing makeup, I can find a drug store product of the same quality. I didn't like the packaging because I also had a hard time squeezing the last bit out of the tube even when I removed the cap.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2004 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Belier

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Lately, I have been trying to find a nice foaming cleanser that isn't too drying. I used to use this in the past and remembered I liked it (I think I used it with the 3-step years ago).

I was not happy with this cleanser this time. It was too drying, left a waxy film on my face and was a little irritating on my cheeks.

This may be OK as just a makeup remover (which I think it is suppose to be), but I can't see myself washing my face with this and then following it up with another cleanser. Plus it was way to drying for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2004 8:59:00 PM More reviews by WillyWonka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My face broke out and was irritated for a week after using this one. Horrible cleanser that completely stripped my face and left it tight. My eyes were also burning. Never again!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2003 8:24:00 PM More reviews by randma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This cleanser was recommand by my friend, so I went to Clinique counter to get one. I was surprise when the sale girl said this is only a makeup remover, she told me that I need to use another facial cleanser after I use this cleanser and before toner. I was confuse because my friend told me this is a facial cleanser. I bought this, and use it as a facial cleanser. The feeling was quite good, I felt fresh and clean. Unfortunately, few days later I start breakout. So I stop using it and back to my usual facial cleanser. Few weeks later, I go to a makeup class. I came home with a very heavy and very colourful markup. I use this cleanser again. It is amazing, I only use a little bit, and it removed all my makeup!! This is a very good makeup remover.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2003 2:27:00 PM More reviews by pr0cessa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Edited to add: I still love this. The formula has changed. There is less scent and the cleanser no longer stings my eyes. HG product.

i love this, it's pricey but my favorite face cleanser of all time. It feels so luxoriously creamy and mild but it leaves a 'squeaky clean' feeling, which i like because my skin is oily. It smells very nice but be careful of getting it in your eyes. It stings!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2003 12:12:00 PM More reviews by CurlsExperiment

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a very nice foaming cleanser. Although it is supposed to be fragrance free, there definitely is a scent to it (from essential oils).
What I like best from this cleanser is how well it foams- you need only a tiny, tiny amount (half a pea size) to produce a very luxurious lather.
It cleanses well and does dry out my combo, sensitive skin.
What I do not like about this cleanser is the price: $16.50. For me, cleansers are cleansers. I am more willing to splurge on a treatment product (exfoliant, cream) than on a cleanser.
I will stick with my beloved Cetaphil, Olay FF and other drugstore cleansers. I would repurchase if I felt like splurging.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2003 1:26:00 PM More reviews by vietbeb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

left an irritable waxy-like film on skin. may have removed dirt but claims of removal of long wearing make-up definetly unfulfilled! will never repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2003 2:40:00 PM More reviews by shirfene

My favourite make-up remover! I really like how it lathers. A mild cleanser but produces lovely, creamy foam. It takes all make-up off, including my Lancome Flextencils Mascara.

It also leaves my skin feeling soft after the the wash. The instruction actually told us to follow by using the 3 steps system. But, I think we can skip the 'facial soap' part. This Rinse-Off cleanser cleanses so well that there is no need to double cleanse in my opinion.

AU$34 for 150ml.