April 20, 2014 | 1313 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2005 1:47:00 AM More reviews by Amykakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush works great! Before this I used the generic drugstore brand brushes, now after using this I can never go back! I can describe it as "precise" because you can pick pigment up so easily and you can put it on the exact area of your lid that you want and it stays there. I will never be without it. Love it, would definitely repurchase!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2005 7:10:00 AM More reviews by AgentLunacy

I love this brush. It picks up so much product. With this brush you don't have to use a lot of e/s to get the colors really intense. Applies e/s and pigments beautifully. Worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2005 5:35:00 PM More reviews by SakuraBlossom

My favoirite brush for applying eyeshadow and pigment. Made of goat hair this brush is wonderfully soft and picks up a lot of color. Gives a smooth finish and the quality of the brush is superb, it's a little expensive but worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2005 12:30:00 AM More reviews by ShoppingMommy

I LOVE this brush. It is my HG for e/s brushes. It is best for the lid and really packs the color on, but I could get away with using this brush only to do my whole eye. It is awesome and well worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2005 4:41:00 PM More reviews by lovermac

Pretty good brush for applying eye shadow to the lid area. I don't like it as much as my 217 brush, but this is a useful brush. If I travel, I just take the 217 brush because it can do the job of the 239 and the 275 brushes. It is a little pricey too. The 217 is less money, and in my opinion a superior brush. Update - I am liking this brush more and more as I use it more. I still don't understand why this brush is more money than the 217, but it is definitely a good brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2005 1:44:00 AM More reviews by UWMsGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am shocked that this brush does not have a higher rating, because it is such a great brush! I use this brush when I want to "pack" the e/s on, it is a firm brush and it applies e/s on heavily which is great. You can use it on crease too or as a wash, but best to use on lid, this brush is my HG, a staple for me! It retails for $24 USD!

Update: I am still loving this brush, I own 5 of them. I don't know what there is not to like about this brush. If you have makeup, you need this brush...simple!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2005 11:17:00 PM More reviews by macha_lopez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Good stuff for applying pigments but for eyes shadow I much prefer the 217.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2005 12:01:00 AM More reviews by Anya1976

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i bought this cus everyone raves about it. and i needed something with firmer bristles than the 213.

I do love it. application is easy and my shadow turns out beautiful. i use this for blending too. I am going to buy another 239 this week i love it so much. i need one for lighter shadows. This is becomming one of my fave brushes (besides my current love the 231)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2005 9:26:00 PM More reviews by msmew

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this on a whim and almost immediately returned it because of the price: $24. Decided to give it a try and *so* glad I did.

I have always spent money on makeup--mainly MAC--because of the quality, amount of time it lasts on my face, and colors. Always bought cheap brushes from Maybelline. Never could really see what the difference would be between a cheap brush and an expensive one.

I came home and used the MAC 239 brush with Satin Taupe eyeshadow. What a world of difference! My eyeshadow shows up so much more with smoothness that I never achieved with good ole Maybelline. I will never buy a cheap brush again! So much so I bought the 129 brush off ebay for blush and powder. Hasn't arrived yet, but hope it'll make the difference I noticed with the eyeshadow brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2005 5:47:00 AM More reviews by putri_kalimantan

I have just bought this #239 brush in Diana Ross LE Collection. And you know what? Every girl should have it!!! Bye bye sponge aplicator!!!