August 30, 2014 | 1134 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2005 8:04:00 PM More reviews by PlatinumBlondePunk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

God bless MAC for putting this brush out onto the market.Without it,my smoky eyes would be half of what they are.I'd be lost in the eye makeup department without this little gem.It builds color like nothing else and really keeps it "pure".The white bristles are so soft,almost like rabbit hair.An all-time HG/essential for me,right up there with my Dr.Brandt Poreless cleanser and MAC Lustreglasses.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2005 11:57:00 AM More reviews by LunaY

I was sooo hesitant to buy this brush. I have never paid that much for a brush before...but the sales person said that a really good quality brush can make a world of difference in how your eyeshadow looks, so I crossed my fingers and handed over the $24. Luckily, it's true! I love this brush. I use it everyday. It makes any color go on exactly as you want it, and the quality is the same as the day I bought it. As others have said, it is white so even after using it one day it looks absolutely soaked in color, but I clean it at least once a week and it comes off pretty easily. So yourself a favor and buy this brush! Even if you can only afford to get one great brush, this is it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2005 6:36:00 AM More reviews by Cara_M

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love, love, love this brush. Nothing compares to create a densely shadowed eye - this, the 219 for precision work and the 217 to blend are my HG eye brushes, with the 266 to line. Just fantastic! Essential kit for anyone who wants to get creative with their eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2005 7:45:00 AM More reviews by Joke

I use this brush for applying my pigments. It nicely packs the colors on my lids. This is a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2005 11:49:00 PM More reviews by shOrtieex34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Before buying this brush, I used just the regular drugstore brand of brushes but now ill never go to back to drugstore brands. It picks up tons of color & is very soft

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2005 1:47:00 AM More reviews by Amykakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush works great! Before this I used the generic drugstore brand brushes, now after using this I can never go back! I can describe it as "precise" because you can pick pigment up so easily and you can put it on the exact area of your lid that you want and it stays there. I will never be without it. Love it, would definitely repurchase!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2005 7:10:00 AM More reviews by AgentLunacy

I love this brush. It picks up so much product. With this brush you don't have to use a lot of e/s to get the colors really intense. Applies e/s and pigments beautifully. Worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2005 5:35:00 PM More reviews by SakuraBlossom

My favoirite brush for applying eyeshadow and pigment. Made of goat hair this brush is wonderfully soft and picks up a lot of color. Gives a smooth finish and the quality of the brush is superb, it's a little expensive but worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2005 12:30:00 AM More reviews by ShoppingMommy

I LOVE this brush. It is my HG for e/s brushes. It is best for the lid and really packs the color on, but I could get away with using this brush only to do my whole eye. It is awesome and well worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2005 4:41:00 PM More reviews by lovermac

Pretty good brush for applying eye shadow to the lid area. I don't like it as much as my 217 brush, but this is a useful brush. If I travel, I just take the 217 brush because it can do the job of the 239 and the 275 brushes. It is a little pricey too. The 217 is less money, and in my opinion a superior brush. Update - I am liking this brush more and more as I use it more. I still don't understand why this brush is more money than the 217, but it is definitely a good brush.