April 18, 2014 | 1869 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 2:27:00 AM More reviews by luisajiron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation IS amazing! I absolutely love. I have oily skin and this stays matte for hours. This is def my HG foundation. For under $10 you can't go wrong.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by turfxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm seriously in love with this product!!!

I was previously using Mac Studio Fix Powder + Foundation in NC 35. First of all I got matched with the wrong color three times. Makeup artists tend to assume I'm Asian & therefore have yellow undertones (I'm Mexican/Italian and do NOT have yellow undertones), so it only wasn't too white but also didn't match me at all. Second, I have ridiculously oily skin, I'm talking oily after half an hour of application, and the Mac just made it worse. I would do my makeup, then my hair, and by the time I was ready to pick out an outfit my face was already oily. So I knew I had to try something new. I legit cannot stress to you guys how oily my face gets, its disgusting. I'm almost 19 and grew out of my teen puberty pimple phase, but the oil has still stayed (my mom has the same problem). I heard a lot of good reviews from both friends and strangers about Covergirl Stay Fab and decided to give it a try.

I was really apprehensive because drugstore products normally make my skin even oilier, and after the Mac incident I was convinced there's no product out there that won't make me look like a shiny disco ball.

I went into Walgreens and bought 3 different shades. I'm really good at matching myself so I was pretty sure I knew which would match me already, but I bought 2 others just in case. I bought Warm Beige, Soft Honey, and Medium Beige.

The next day I opened all 3 and tried them all on my face, and the Medium Beige fit me perfectly. My face is drastically whiter than the rest of my body because it never tans for some reason, and I get a lot of sun and go tanning so I wanted to match it to my body rather my face.

I tend to break out every month before mother nature comes to visit, so I have a LOT of pimples right now. I used 2.5 pumps & it covered most of it! (I used Mac Studio Finish Concealer over the really big pimples and for my under eyes). So I gave it points for the amazing coverage, which none of the other foundations I've tried seemed to do.

I also bought Revlon Color Stay Pressed Powder in Medium. I put this on over everything because I also heard really good reviews (I'll write a review on this also). My face looked perfectly flawless and matte. So points for that too.

Now for the oil factor, I would check my face in the mirror every half and hour or so and I literally had no shine on my face at all. This made me soooooo happy. My face is seriously greaseball city and no other product has kept my face this matte EVER. & I've tried almost every drugstore brand plus Mac, Clinique, Avon, etc. So major points for that!

I went to a dinner party (I applied the makeup around 3:30 or 4, and its now 9:30) and my face is still flawless.

Bottom line: IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH OILY SKIN, THIS PRODUCT IS FOR YOU.

I will seriously never go in search of another foundation routine again. Great coverage, matte, and long lasting. THANK YOU COVERGIRL!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Priscillarys

Perfect foundation! It doesn't make me oily at all and it actually stays on all day! I love the way it looks I find it very matte rather than glossy which personally i love! I just wish they had more skin tone variety a but other than that this is my fave!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddict76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is an amazing foundation if you have oily skin. I have not grabbed any of my high-end foundations such as Dior, MUFE, Chanel, EL, Lancome, LM, YSL but religious using this for the last few months. Not only it controls my oil throughout the day but I love everything about this foundation, blendable, coverage, finish and has never broken me out. I purchased a second bottle in lighter color to mix with other foundations to color match and it's been working great with other formulas. Love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by booboocubxoxo

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION ! This was one of the first products ive tried from covergirl and im inpressed! Great medium to buildable coverage , moisturizing but not oily & never cakey! Its a very longwear foundation with a great range of skin colours ! My favourite way of applying this foindation is with a damp beauty blender and then letting it set and applying a setting powder in my t-zone to assure i dont get oily throughout the day (: overall i love this foundation ! Its just a bit pricey for a drugstore foundation but its definately worth it !

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by GreekGodess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I never buy cover girl but the 3 in 1 primer concealer sunscreen sold me. Well actually Sofia V the spoke person got me curious. I was beyond shocked it totally rocked. Goes on super smooth and great coverage medium to full. Stop my nose from being oily. I loved it and will buy again I bought the soft honey for my light to medium skin tone with a little yellow tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Luna2011

I am kind of iffy about this product. I have worn it twice and maybe I have not gotten the hang of it. My skin has become very dry (probably due to acne treatments), so I have been layering 3 moisturizers on to keep my skin hydrated. I know this foundation is a matte finish and I prefer dewy, but the rave reviews and the 3 in 1 capabilities of this foundation really intrigued me. For shade references I have fair skin with neutral more towards yelow undertones and got this in Classic Ivory 810 and wear NC 15, Revlon Buft, Classic Ivory N2 in l'oreal true match, Lancome Teint Miracle in the shade Ivoire 4N, Estee lauder doublewear maximum coverage in creamy vanilla, double wear light in intensity 2, rimmel lasting finish in 103 true ivory. I applied this after exfoliating, my intense hydration routine, and primer and this still highlighted flakes and made my skin look dry even after a setting spray. It has been 90 degrees were I live and running around work and school this sweated off. From this I can say it is NOT as long wearing as a primer, and for concealing effect this is a light medium foundation build-able to full.It did not cover my acne scars of blemishes with one layer. It did take out a lot of redness and evened out my skin tone, but not the full coverage I was expecting. The second time wore this I mixed this with a little bit of the Physcians Formula Bb cream in light/Medium which I love but is too dark and it created better coverage in one layer and was more skin like, but still a little dry looking. This foundation is kinda pricey and the cheapest I found it was $10 at stores like wal-mart. I got two bottles of this since they were bogo 50% off so I don't think I will repurchase. This was mediocre to me and I prefer revlon colorstay for coverage and lasting power even if it doesn't come with the handy pump like the covergirl one does.

EDIT: I actually really like this now after applying it with my beauty blender and over the Revlon Photoready BB Cream. I still have to moisturize like crazy before, but the BB cream is also nicely hydrating and with the Covergirl foundation on top I don't get that dry, cakey look if i only used a plain primer. I get a nice natural finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by jencypark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love this foundation! Other drugstore foundations break me out, but I am so glad that this doesn't. Plus the foundation does last quite a long time, and controls oil on my skin fairly well. To clarify:
"Lasting power of a primer": Agreed
"Coverage of a concealer": These cover my acne/blemishes excellently with just one pump. I even tried this on my undereyes. They do cover the undereyes, but to completely cancel out the blueish dark circles I would use another undereye concealer.
"Blendability of a foundation; Shine free": I do agree that this blends very well and you don't have to rush to blend this out with a brush (yes this foundation best applies with a brush). With the Texas heat and humidity this foundation does get oily in 8+ hours which I consider is pretty good for my oily skin. I do set this foundation with the Tarte Amazonian Clay translucent powder or the Rimmel Stay Matte powder (both are excellent to keep your face matte all day).
842 Medium beige seems to be the closest match to my skintone.
Overall: A
EDIT: One slight issue I find with this product is that I feel that the color oxidizes by the end of the day. Currently I am using soft honey (since I am tanner). When I apply it in the morning it's ever so slightly lighter and by maybe a couple of hours it's the right shade (the shade you see in the bottle).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by brittbrat118820

I first heard of this product when one of my favorite youtubers, Nicole Guierro, mentioned it in a video. I was immediately interested based on the positive things she said about it. I was so excited when I got to try this product as part of a bzz agent campaign. I've used it for over a month now and I really like it. Its medium to full coverage depending on how you apply it. The shade that matched me the closest was 842. I apply it with my ELF powder brush to get the coverage I want. It lasts me through an 8 hour workday which is what I wanted from it because most foundations tend to look bad on me by lunchtime. It doesn't feel heavy on my skin either. Some people reported breakouts from it, but I am acne prone and have had no breakouts. I love the pump packaging too. I took one lippie off however for the shade selction. To me most covergirl foundations tend to be too orange/pink for my yellow undertone skin. The shade 832 had a nice yellow undertone but was too light so I had to get the shade 842 which is a tad too orange, but I set with a translucent powder to combat that issue. It's also quite expensive to me for a drugstore product at around $13, but covergirl frequently has BOGO 1/2 off sales at drugstores. I would definitely recommend trying this out for girls that need more coverage and lasting finish in a foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2013 8:40:00 AM More reviews by LeeSays

I bought this because Double Wear changed their formula and I needed something to keep me matte for most of the day. I wore it for a couple weeks and have discovered quite a few things I liked and unfortunately disliked:

Pros:
- If your drugstore carries a good return policy (CVS does!), you'll probably be able to find your color. I have yellow undertones so even though my foundation looked way too orange on my hand, it blended in with my skin very well.
- Keeps you matte
- Doesn't sink in your pores
- Cheap!

Cons:
- BROKE ME OUT. I have sensitive skin and am very careful regarding which products I use. I also wash my face every morning and evening and never sleep with any makeup. I made no changes to my regimen except using this makeup and every time I removed it, I would find three or four little pimples anywhere on my face that I had applied it. Unfortunate to say the least.
- After about 8 hours of wear, it became very patchy on certain areas of my face.
- Emphasized the small dry areas on my face though I had moisturized very well beforehand.

Although the color match was fairly good and the price point is great, I will not repurchase because it did not agree with my skin.