October 22, 2014 | 1766 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2012 2:00:00 AM More reviews by AimeeT

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have a combo of oily/dry, sensitive skin. I'm allergic to SPF, and even some products with no SPF irritate my skin. So when I found out that this BB cream had no SPF, you could say I was insanely thrilled. Honestly, your level of satisfaction for this BB cream is going to depend on what you're looking for.

Positive:
-No SPF (woohoo!)
-Not TOO expensive
-Makes your skin look glowy, but not too glowy (you know what I mean)
-No powder needed, really! I only put a little powder on my T-zone just to make sure, since I got to school during the day and I don't want to have to worry that I look oily, so it's just a precaution. But if you have dry skin, I don't think you need powder at all! Your skin will look awesome, and i'm not just saying that. And even with oily skin, I don't think you'll need that much powder.

Negative
-I find it hard to see a difference on my skin right away when I'm applying it, since the color shows up afterwards, so it's hard to tell sometimes if I put on too much or not. But this isn't really a big problem. Just give it a little time for the product to blend in with your face.
-Sparkles. After you spread it on your face, you'll see that your face has some sparkles on it. Honestly, it's not really that noticeable, except like REALLY up close. At first, I was a little skeptical, but it ended up giving my face a nice glow and illuminated my face! But if you REALLY have a problem with a little bit of sparkle, then I don't recommend this for you.
-Very light to no coverage. The one thing this product is probably for is to make your skin look nicer, more glowy, and not cover up. I don't have a lot of acne at all, but this doesn't even cover the little acne that I do have. It does however cover up most of my redness. I have to put a little concealer on afterwards. Which is a little disappointing, if you compare it to the asian BB creams. But i'll take what I can get.

I'm naturally tan, and I don't think my skin tone is that deep, but the darkest shade of this BB cream was just right for my skin tone.

If you're looking for more of a glow, to cover a little redness, and some small acne scars, this product is for you! The acne probably will need a little bit of concealer to cover up, but other than that, it's really good! After I wore it, my friends definitely didn't notice my redness anymore. Really natural looking

I wouldn't buy this product if you have quite a bit of acne, or looking for more coverage, and don't like sparkles.

I'm absolutely thrilled that this product has no SPF. It is literally the only product I've seen in a long time with no SPF.

And as for people with sensitive skin, I had no problems with the product. Maybe the first time you put it on, you may feel a little wierd. Either that or it's just paranoia. It happened to me too when I first put it on, but the second time, it was definitely okay. I would suggest, if you have sensitive skin or are testing this product for the first time, to put it on the night before you're planning to wear it for the whole day. Put it on your face as if you were going out and leave it on for a bit before washing it off, just so you can get a feel for it. And in the morning, make sure to give yourself some extra time so that if you're still not satisfied, you can wash it off, or if you decide to keep it on, so that it has time to even out with your skin color. It doesn't take that long, but trust me, it will probably take you longer than usual to apply when using it the first time. Especially if you're being cautious and don't want to put to much on.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Moenique

I like the product because it doesn't contain any additional SPF (irritating to my skin). It performed great this past summer, didn't budge through the heat and humidity, but moving into winter am thinking my skin might need some extra moisture. Am medium complected and bought the "fair" color - can definitely see where some might consider it "orangey" but for me it blended well when I already had a little color from the sun.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2012 8:41:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

I used the sample I received (Light). It didn't do anything at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2012 9:59:00 AM More reviews by Paigey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Shocking myself, I really like this product. I'm around NC25/30 depending on the season, and the Medium tone works with my skin well.

At first, it appears pink on the skin, but that quickly settles. It isn't a ton of coverage, but it seems to be the same I would get from Benefit's HF powder or Bare Minerals.

And get this -- it did not get oily at all after nine hours of work. Usually I'm blotting down my face and pulling out my cleansing wipes at the end of work.

If I were to go with a BB cream again, I'd probably choose this.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2012 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Vywinn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first BB cream I tried and I'm surprised that I like it so much. I usually opt for a medium coverage foundation, lately it's been the revlon colorstay whipped foundation. I have extremely oily skin and acne scars on the side of my cheek so I never thought that BB creams would really work for me. I tried this after hearing a rave review on it from one of my favorite youtube gurus. I apply one layer of this over my whole face and then add concealer on my problem areas, add a little MAC msf and I'm done! It evens out my skintone and gives a natural finish to my skin. I do need to blot in the middle of my work day, but nothing major. This is great for the work day or on a casual outing. I will stick with my revlon foundation for nights out and such, but this is still a great find in my opinion.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2012 7:36:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

I used the Magic BB in Light, which was too deep and orangey for my skintone (MAC NC20). Light might work better for a MAC 35-40? Did not like the way my skin felt drawn and like there was something very artificial going on. Does give a flawless finish, though a bit too matte for my preference. I'll go back to my previous foundations, TMs, and Vitazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by MamaJ9

I hope this isn't premature to be reviewing, since I've only had this product a day, but I am very pleased! I hate foundation, but feel like my skin is too uneven to go without. I've been hunting for an alternative, and have tried tinted moisturizers without success. I have combination skin, sensitivity, and acne. I want coverage of my blemishes but I don't want to irritate my skin or look overly made up. I also am very fair and it's hard to find any face product that doesn't look unnatural on me.
Anyway, I bought this product because it had pretty good reviews, and it was cheaper than the other options I looked into ($8 at Walmart and I had a coupon for $2 off). I tried it out this morning, and at first was put off by the white stuff - but it quickly blended into my skin and looked fine. The tube is quite small but a little seemed to go a long way. It didn't dry too fast, I had time to spread it evenly. I had put a little concealer on some blemishes before I applied, and then I set it with Hard Candy Welcome Matte. There was no smell, which was a bonus, and the finish was smooth and matte before I even put on any powder.
It is now afternoon, and I've been wearing this for over 6 hours. It hasn't budged. The color is lovely and matches my skin perfectly. Coverage is surprisingly good, but I don't feel like I'm wearing heavy makeup. The finish is still pretty matte, though my forehead is starting to have a slight sheen (I have a pretty oily forehead! I guess I should keep blotting papers in my bag). Overall I'm really pleased with this. I will update after a few days of use if there are any problems.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by WindowKitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was a surprise, being white and gritty at first then turning to my shade. And don't get me wrong it's really neat and I loved it, until I had a sensitive day with my face and it seemed to burn, idk why just did. But I wasn't too thrilled with the coverage very sheer, and seemed to make my face dry looking...and saddly I did not feel my skin was getting moisture from this at all. So it is out of the three of the "MAIN STREAM" BBcreams out there now, Loreal, Maybelline, and Garnier, this one is my second least favorite.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2012 1:32:00 AM More reviews by PicturePerfect0814

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I didn't feel like this brand was for me. It was hard to apply and to glittery for my liking. It also cause me it breakout, it had given me small annoying tiny bumps over my face.
I haven't tried many BB Creams but this was my least favorite of all.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by sovay

I am fair to light skinned with freckles. Bought the "light" version first, which was WAY too dark and orange tinged. Then I bought the "fair" version, which is a much better match. The pigment microbeads caught me off guard, as this was my first BB cream, but if you gently massage the cream on your face, the pigment appears and then spreads nicely. I was pretty impressed with the coverage, most of my light rosacea was covered with one thin application. I can use this with foundation or with light powder. I like that is doesn't have SPF, as I find that irritating. A great everyday timesaving product!