L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.3

on 10/8/2012 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

One of the things I notice the most about reviews on non-Asian BB creams is that the vast majority of the reviewers assume that the American version of BB cream will be exactly the same as the Asian versions. This usually results in the American version receiving bad reviews because it is not the same as the Asian version. They are definitely not the same although, both have their benefits.

I've reviewed a couple of the Asian creams, which I like very much, as well as a couple of the American creams. They definitely are different. This L'Oreal verion is very nice.. It goes on smoothly, the color match on me (I'm a NW20 in Mac and I purchased the Light version in this one) is excellent and it doesn't oxidize into an orange color. The final finish is kind of a silky, satin/matte finish that looks great. Keep in mind, though, that I have mostly dry skin with a very little shine in my T zone so makeup that would turn orange on an oily skin person does not "turn" on me.

I'd definitely recommend this and will purchase again.

on 10/8/2012 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

AWFUL! This stuff is just the worst in every possible way. It comes out of the tube as a grainy, white cream. The white turns into the shade as you rub it on. The finish is heavy, chalky and thick leaving a mask-like finish. It feels greasy and as if it is smothering my skin. I had it on and was shocked when I looked at myself in the mirror a few hours later. The shades totally suck. My face was orangey and greasy with the Light shade. I then tried my friend"s Fair shade and looked even worse, kind of pinkish gray and greasy. Yuck...

on 10/8/2012 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I tried a sample of this in light. For reference, I have combo, acne-prone skin that is currently under control with retinol, BP and mineral makeup. I've heard so much about BB cream that I had to try it. Sadly, this stuff looked like spackle on my face. As the day progressed, the color darkened a bit but never fully absorbed, leaving my skin feeling suffocated and dirty. Will not purchase.

on 10/8/2012 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Update: Did try the fair after all and that was pinky/gray on me and very chalky looking so I mixed with light and it still didn't work. I throw my hands up in defeat.

I dug this out again the other day to try it and this stuff is just awful.

I had purchased light. I'm NC25-30 right now. This went on orange--think Michael Kors on Project Runway orange--just not a great look unless I want to look like a pumpkin. I've had fake tanners look less orangey than this product.

It also highlighted every fine line and patchy mark on my face.

I detect hardly any fragrance in this, just a slight smell of the product but not like they added a scent but I AM old so maybe my nose is losing it. No sparkles or shimmer.

It again disappeared on me after a couple of hours in the middle of my face and I am only normal maybe combination at most so I would have to reapply this if I wore this all of the time. That is if I wanted to look like Michael Kors.

Bottom line: I just don't love this enough or find it special enough to seek out the fair color to try that. I think there are way better tinted moisturizers, which is what this is, to buy. It's not that cheap and the colors are way too peachy for real skin tones. I'll give the stuff a credit because L'Oreal at least didn't add a mishap of sunscreen and for the kind of cool white to brown formula but that's it.
Too bad.

on 10/8/2012 12:51:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Finally caved into these drug store BB creams. Horrible! I tried a sample I received in Cosmo and I feel like it wasn't so bad, let me give it a shot. Boy was I wrong! I feel as though its a glamorized primer/tinted moisturizer. Not only that but I hated the greasy oily consistency and the beads(?) made me feel like I was lathering up sand onto my face. Definitely in strong dislike with this product and have no clue what to do with it. Maybe I will save it for the summer when I need less coverage? Even then, I'm not sure.

Gosh, i was so happy when I applied this product but within 5 minutes it oxidized and I started applying my makeup on and my face was yellowish orange!!! Didn't work for me and I was so embarassed when I looked in the mirror 10 minutes later

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was very hopeful about this BB Cream, or any brand for that matter. I decided to give it a shot since my acne has cleared up for the most part, with just some scarring to cover. Unfortunately, from the moment I applied it, my face was bright orange (even though I purchased the lighter shade), super greasy-looking, and overall just a hot mess. I left it on for just a few hours while I was at home to see if the appearance would improve, but it just got worse as the day went on. Definitely NEVER buying this again, and hopefully I will be able to find a brand that leaves my skin with a matte finish and an even, natural tone.

on 10/5/2012 11:01:00 AM

Well I've tried the Maybelline Bb cream before, and compares to this its crap. I absolutely love this product, nice to apply and smells good!

on 10/3/2012 2:01:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This oxidized so bad on me within 5 minutes of application. It went on beautifully and evened out my complexion. However, I noticed as I was doing the rest of my makeup that my face started looking darker and orange. Initially I thought I'd overdone my blush/bronzer, but when I used a tissue to dab at my face to remove some of the color, it had straight up orange stains on it. If you have combo/oily skin, beware! I also don't like that it doesn't contain SPF, so you have to wear a separate moisturizer with SPF or sunscreen if you want sun protection while wearing this.

For reference, I wore this in Light and am MAC NC30, NARS Alaska/Punjab, and Shiseido O20.

on 9/30/2012 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product is insanely good. It comes out white on your fingers with little balls- kind of like an exfoliator. When you work it into your skin the balls pop and out comes a colour that pretty much instantly blends in with your skin tone and creates the most flawlessly natural coverage.

I have acne scarring and overall pretty horrible skin tone (uneven, pale etc) but this product was like a second skin and made my skin glow without looking greasy. And it retailed for $26 (here in Australia) so I'm happy.