October 24, 2014 | 1677 users online

Mascara - Jordana - Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2012 2:21:00 AM More reviews by opheliae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i'm very on the fence about this product. yes the formula has A LOT of potential as far as volume but i've never had such a hyped up product be so much of a hassle. this does get very clumpy very fast and the brush deposits way too much product if you don't mess with it before. also many times it difficult to get a feathery softer look on the ends of your lashes and you will have too much volume or even worse, chunks, on the ends of your lashes. i was really expecting more with this MUA rating especially considering i had never been disappointed by a item raved on MUA before.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 10:16:00 PM More reviews by ybauer

Amazing mascara. Truly gives length and volume and no smudging. You have to get this withiut regret.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by skort

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I went on here and saw all the negative reviews this mascara has been getting lately, and wondered "Why are these beotches talkin' smack about my baby?" No but seriously. I don't throw around the term HG often, and this is truly HG for me. I've tried just about every drugstore mascara there is, and a few high end, and this is the mascara that I cling to for dear life. You can find it at Walgreens, Kmart, or CherryCulture.com.

PROS:
- Jet Black
- Seriously lengthening. I have extremely stubby lashes and this mascara doubles the length of them.
- Volumizing. Not as volumizing as something like L'Oreal Voluminous, but definitely volumizing.
- Doesn't smudge on me throughout the day, even though it's not waterproof.
- Holds a curl well. I usually end up recurling my lashes after about 4 hours of wearing this, which is fine by me.
- Costs 3 freaking dollars. Need I say more?

CONS:
- Not natural looking. If you like the natural look, this is NOT the mascara for you. If I put more than one layer of this on, it looks like falsies.
- No waterpoof formula. I don't find that this smudges, but if you have oily eyelids and you're super-paranoid about smudges, this may not be for you. I do find that layering a waterproof formula over it, such as Maybelline Full n' Soft, seals it in and keeps it from smudging even while swimming.
- No Dark Brown color. I really wish they had a brown color for daytime, as I am quite pale and the black looks a bit dramatic for the day.

All in all, this is hands-down my favorite mascara. If you like dramatic lashes, go to Walgreens. Buy it. Thank me later.

NOTE: Make sure you are buying the black tube with the PURPLE writing. Not the pink writing! Purple.
ANOTHER NOTE: If you're looking for this at Walgreens, it's slightly difficult to find. The display is usually very small, and located at the makeup checkout area near where the Sinful Colors nail polishes are.

31 out of 35 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 5:47:00 PM More reviews by cinderelka90

I was really surprised how much I enjoyed this product even after hearing all the rave reviews, I still figured I wouldn't like it but for 2.50 I can find out for myself! I really like using this mascara for days that I don't want to use a waterproof but still want something that lasts well since my eyes tear up easily. It gives great volume although the key is to keep adding coats while its wet bec if you do it when it has dried it will look horrible. I will def repurchase if they ever have it in stock (its always out!)
*Update: this stuff is HG, even though I thought it would be non-waterproof, it actually has better staying power than my other wp mascaras (loreal voluminous etc) and is pretty difficult to remove. and man the lashes it gives you, GO BUY IT NOW

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by curlycolor

This one ended in up the garbage can. I tried to make it work, I really did. I bought into the MUA hype about how miraculous it is, and though the folks here are generally right on the mark, not so in this case. Appiication and formula were just all right, but the deal breaker was the horrible black smudges. I had the worst raccoon eyes you can imagine.

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

So I tried this a while back and didn't think it was all that great. Then the boards were blowing up about how wonderful this stuff was so I tried it again. Yep, still not that great.

I have very long lashes but I need some help in the volume department. I found that this does an OK job at adding volume but made my lashes clump together something fierce.

The wand is small and has very compact bristles which just sort of wipes the mascara on instead of wrapping each lash with product. The formula is drier, which is a plus in my book, but again, nothing to rant and rave about. After a few hours of wear, this really irritated my eyes; gave me itchy lashes!

Won't purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by diamondtiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Everyone on MUA flipped their lids over this mascara. "It's $2 and AHH-MAAH-ZING," they all seemed to trill in unision. I am a mascara snob. I stand behind Diorshow/Diorshow Blackout/Chanel Inimitable and I do not listen to haters who say these mascaras are overpriced because I feel like they're worth the hefty pricetag. But MUA's MU board is even more discerning than I am about most things, so if they're raving over $2 makeup, I have to find my shoes and haul it down to Walgreens, don't I?

First of all, it was $3.49 at my Walgreens. WHATEVER, it's a small price to pay for what one MUAer on Cafe called, "Sex for your lashes," am I right?

I want to find that MUAer and ask her what sort of sex she's been having, because if it's anything like Jordana BLEVM (interesting that the first three initials sound like BLEH) then I feel very, very sorry for her.

Okay, it's not a bad mascara. But really, all I could think was, "This is it?" I don't get the hype. At all. It smells funny. And the effect is non-existant, basically. It just made my lashes look a little bit glossy. It didn't volumize or define very much; my lashes more or less look pretty natural, albeit slightly more glossy. I'm keeping it in my emergency makeup bag, but I definitely won't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by DianaMarie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Read great reviews, loved the price and the look but it irritated my eyes from the moment I put it on. I had never had that problem before - tried it several times more and got the same irritation. I didn't like the smell of it either. I will stick with Maybelline's Great Lash and L'oreal's Voluminous. Tarte makes a great mascara but the price is high for a product that needs constant replacing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by sukayna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this after seeing all the raves on MUB and i'm glad i did! I have fairly long, dark lashes to begin with but I am always looking for something to add volume and add even a bit more length. This works amazingly. The formula is not too dry but not too wet, so it works without weighing my lashes down. As long as you apply it quickly, you should be able to build dramatic, long DARK thick lashes. Best of all it washes off easily, something which is important to me with a mascara because I want to minimize the chance of losing lashes as much as possible. I've tried Dior show, Lashblast, greatlash, YSL faux cils, too faced lash injection, Benefit They're real, all the lancome mascaras, and more but this wins over all of them! I will definitely repurchase, I can see this becoming a staple for me-it may even replace my beloved IMJU fiberwig (great but pricey for a mascara). $3 well spent!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by RingofFire

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So far I am liking this. This is maybe my second day but gives my lashes a nice length without clumping. As long as you QUICKLY apply with upward strokes and let dry, you should have no problem. I only do my upper lashes and do not use a curler. My lashes are skimpy (see profile pics) but IRL with the product on it looks much thicker and gives them a nice natural length. I was able to remove this with a more oily remover without much lash fallout (deal breaker for me) and wipes to make sure all it was off. I was looking for something totally smudge-proof but I would have to buy a waterproof mascara. This is not totally water/smudgeproof but seems to stay on with regular wear --just don't take a nap (scrunch your face into a pillow;) or by accident rub your eyes. I am guessing this may be due to the fact its summer and very humid where I am. I usually try to wear a moisturizing concealer underneath, so no non- waterproof mascara is going to stay on perfectly, unless I prime my under-eye area with some powder. I found when I do this it pretty much is still on at the end of my work day which can be 10-12 hours. I would like to thank the fellow MUA er who suggested this. At 3.00 it cannot be beat. I love the simple black and purple packaging. Looks more like an expensive mascara you would get at Sephora. I purchased a second tube just in case. I hope Jordana does not discontinue this.