December 22, 2014 | 1263 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2003 5:51:00 PM More reviews by navak

This worked pretty well, but I didn't notice a great difference in clearer skin. Sometimes my skin didn't feel clean enough after using it--like it didn't do a thorough job. It didn't break me out, though, so I gave it an average rating.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2003 4:19:00 PM More reviews by LaRue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This wash soothes my skin and doesn't dry. The pump dispenses the liquid into a puff of foam, one puff does my face, so I imagine this bottle will last a while. Best drugstore product in this category I've ever used.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2003 5:30:00 PM More reviews by sleepyGgamer

I thought this would be a great cleanser to stop breakouts and get rid of my blemishes, especially since it got great reviews. It cleaned my face very well at first but my breakouts have not stopped, and my blemishes are still there. It also has fragrance which can cause breakouts and I think it might have stearates, another ingredient that causes breakouts. Will not purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2003 10:00:00 PM More reviews by krakow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Another good cleanser for my oily skin. I been using it for a while and purchased toner to go with it.
Nice, not very drying a good alternative to my other cleansers since I have to change them when they don't work on my weird skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2003 9:30:00 PM More reviews by peeblo

This is a great everyday cleanser for my oily skin, and well worth the price, but I will not repurchase. The pump dispenser has begun sticking so much that every pump I have to pull the dumb thing back up again. Maybe I'm just lazy, but this thing is bothersome enough I don't want to use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2003 10:57:00 AM More reviews by hooha

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is great. It is gentle yet effective. I combined it with the Positively Radiant moisturizer and my skin improved in a week. It doesn't strip your skin. No need for toner but I use some anyway as an additional acne-prevention step. The only thing I dislike is sometimes the pump sticks. However it dispenses the product in a foamy light-as-air manner which is great. Best results if you use your fingertips and massage gently into damp skin for 30 seconds- 1 minute to give the salycitic acid time to work. Appears to be my HG cleanser!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2003 7:58:00 PM More reviews by lgallagh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I stopped taking my pill, I unexpectedly experienced acne - bad - and I thought my acne days were over. I am so greatful for this product. I tried, at first once a day, and my acne was gone in two days. To prevent future break-outs, I am using it twice a day and using the moisturizer once a day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2003 11:40:00 PM More reviews by cherry2245

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm using this with the clear complexion toner and moisturizer as well. My skin is pretty normal, I get few breakouts and little oil or dryness. This stuff is perfect for me. It's so gentle yet effective and really helps improve your complexion. I even stopped using this for a while and went back to my neutrogena face wash to see if blemishes came back. To my surprise...they did. I switched back to this and they're gone again, I think I'll stick with this stuff. One bottle lasts forever I use this once every day (4 pumps), I've had it for MONTHS and there's still tons left.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2003 11:28:00 AM More reviews by chrissi771

This has been the best face wash that I have used in years! Because it only contains .5 sal acid, it doesn't dry out my skin but still helps to clear up any belmishes on my acne-prone skin! I use it along with the clear complexion moisturizer, and I love them both. Definitely worth a try if your skin gets dried out easily.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2003 6:25:00 PM More reviews by canesfan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Thought this product sounded too good to be true, and it was for me. It did nothing to help clear my skin - it may have made things worse. I switched to Alpha Hydrox Facial Cleaner, another drugstore brand, and like it much better.