August 22, 2014 | 1942 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Palette - Comfort Zone

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2011 12:04:00 PM More reviews by alevalerio1986

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Out of all 3 new 8 pan pallets from Wet n Wild this is my favorite. The colors are gorgeous shimmery nuetrals. The pigmentation is awesome, and you can't beat the price.

The only downside is the fall out but I can deal with that. The color pay off alone is worth it. I was also hoping to see some matte shades as the previous 6pan pallets (lust, vanity, etc) included both shimmer AND matte shades which were awesome. Unfortunately, this particular pallet was all shimmer shades.

I am really looking forward to more pallets like these from Wet n Wild...and I hope they re-release the holiday pallets because I was unable to get my hands on them the first time around :( Ultimately, Comfort Zone is a great buy, definitely recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by isavella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First things first- I totally stalked the crap out of this palette like a crackhead. What is wrong with me? It's just makeup.
Finally found it...I'm not going to review each color, other reviews pretty much have it covered. I have MAC Club, and vastly prefer the original to the dupe in this palette (it's just too red). My favorite (so far) is the highlighter on the green side. It's silvery and smooth, and looks awesome w/ my dark skin and eyes. Actually, I think the green side is a lot better than the brown. Regardless, the other shades are a GREAT starter pack of warm neutrals that you can create a ton of different looks with. I'm not the type to get all complicated, I maybe use 2 shades of shadow at a time. I find that this palette has a lot of good options for that. I also think the dark brown shade might be a dupe for UD Roach...haven't tested side by side. All in all, good buy for 5 bucks- smooth, lasts, and you get 8 freaking decent shades. Totally glad I'm a creepy makeup stalker.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I must have searched 3 or 4 different Walgreens-es once a week for a month before I finally found one of these. I had really high expectations for this palette because I've been really impressed by WnW, their new Color Icon trios are wonderful and I thought this would be more of the same.
I'll talk about each of the colors separately; I have neutral/slightly cool undertones for reference.
Brown side: Browbone - an ok highlighter, on the frosty side. Eyelid - pulled way too orange on me, not flattering. Crease - I really like this one but it's very pigmented, so I have to be careful with it. Definer - This one is really nice as a liner but is on the warm side.
Green side: Browbone - I really wanted to love this one but it pulls sooo green on me and just looks weird. Eyelid - I can't figure out how to make this one look right. Crease - nice shade but so dark and pigmented that it's easy to go overboard, so I'd use it as a liner instead. Definer - the MAC Club dupe that was also in the Night Elf palette, and just like the NE version I can't get the duochrome to show up and it just looks red-brown.
Maybe this is just a result of me "doing it wrong" but I can't get these colors to work for me...I've had it for almost two weeks and I maybe use 3 of the colors. That being said, the quality of the shadows is good, they're very pigmented and blend easily, so I can't knock down the rating entirely. I did see that the darker colors in particular were quite crumbly, every palette on the shelf at Walgreens had pieces missing and loose in the palette getting powder all over the place...I'm not sure if it was just that batch because I've seen others looking crumbly, too.
I also found that this palette was more difficult to open than other WnW palettes, I feel like I'm going to snap a nail every time I open it.
I'm not sure if I would buy this palette again, but I would recommend that people give it a try if they like warm colors. At $4.99, it really is a steal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 4:37:00 AM More reviews by lovely520

I can't believe so many people have already reviewed this palette even though it hasn't been out that long. I think it's worth the 'hype.' It's a great little neutral palette that is very affordable for the quality of eyeshadow you get and the amount (8 full-sized shadows). You get a neutral brown side and a side with green shades. I like both sides and find that you can create some very flattering eye looks with either side. You can wear these shadows in any combination you like but I find that wearing them according to how they're grouped together looks best on me. I think these shadows look really, really pretty on. They're highly pigmented and have minimal fallout. At $4.99, I would say it's well worth buying, especially if you like neutrals. My only note of caution would be to be careful with the more highly pigmented shades like the dark brown definer shade and the deep green crease shade. Both are very, very pigmented and a little bit goes a long way.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by CocoMango

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Okay so first off all the shadows except for the lightest highlight shade marked "brow" are really nice and soft/blendable and pigmented. Exactly the good quality you expect from WnW e/s. The lightest shades are chalky IMO. So I don't really love the top ones in the palette.

I also have to note that this palette is fragile. There were so many palettes that broke during shipping (I know b/c I was there when they unpacked and stocked the shelves). Only 2 survived and were put out for sale. So do not drop!

Green side = YAY
Brown side = big NAY.

why nay to the brown side you ask? well b/c soo warm and looks horrible on me. Gross. I'm NW20 so that is why I suppose. That second shade reminds me of Woodwinked from MAC and that is so warm on me its almost orange. DNW.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 9:13:00 PM More reviews by citygirl123

So I never used to give Wet N Wld a second thought. To me, it was always one of those brands that were cheap for a reason. But since they've been getting a lot of attention lately, I decided to buy the 8 pan palette at my local Walgreens after reading that they were hard to find. I got Comfort Zone and the purple one.

I gotta say, I LOVE these colors. The green is amazing. I think it's really unique, and since I have green eyes, I'm always looking for a nice green eyeshadow. The other colors included in the pan are also super unique and all are very pigmented. The shadow on the bottom left (the dark, sparkly brown) is SUPER pigmented, so be careful to tap off the color on the back of your hand and only apply the slightest amount, and then gradually build it. Yeah, it's hat saturated. I had to wipe it off the first time I used that color because I looked like Taylor Momsen or whoever.

Also, for the price, you get a LOT of color. These are full sized pans, and there's 8 of them. Uh-mazing!

I think the only downfall is the packaging, which is really, really basic. I mean, I'm sure that's how they keep their prices down, but I would be interested to see if they could come up with some slightly higher quality packaging that wouldn't raise the product costs for consumers.

Overall, LOVE this product. I'm going to be getting these for everyone I know as birthday gifts this year.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2011 4:38:00 PM More reviews by danyell2425

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not a huge fan of neutrals but I figured I would go ahead and pick it up since it was getting such rave reviews here. I had no trouble finding the actual palette. I guess they aren't popular where I live? lol

But the colors are very pretty. And very pigmented. I have super oily lids and I've noticed a little creasing. But VERY minimal compared to other shadows I've purchased. I think the color combos are limitless and I'm sooooooooo excited about trying all the variations!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by laylaperdomo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay here goes.......I got this at a Walmart near my job after searching for this like a mad lady all throughout my neighborhood. After using it just one time, the top right taupey color completely crumbled and is of no use. Despite that, I love the palette b/c of its texture and pigmentation. These shades are buttery soft and blend beautifully. The only problem I have w/this is that the packaging is of the lowest quality possible for such a great product. I wear this to work and the colors stay strong through my 12 hour days. I must also say that I use a primer underneath to keep from creasing, but I do this w/my high end shadows as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by adara260

I was hesitant to buy this product because I remember WnW being a cruddy drugstore brand, but so many people have been raving about their new eyeshadow formulations that I had to give it a try.

The wear is phenomenal. I put these eye shadows on top of a primer I've been using with other high end shadow brands and let me tell you the Wet n Wild ones OUTPERFORMED my high end expensive eyeshadows. I could not believe it. They wore fabulously, no fading, no oily, no creasing. The eyeshadows I paid an arm and a leg for...completely gone and creased.

The colors are true to the pan, they glide on super soft and blend so well. That's saying a lot because I suck at creating eye looks but it was so easy with this kit!

Some advice:
-don't press too hard with your brush, the eyeshadows are soft so no need
-be careful of the packaging, it sucks but who cares?!

Definitely give these a shot, for 5 bucks why not?

UPDATE: I wore these without a primer and wear was still super amazing on my oily lids...LOVE!

Now if only they made a matte 8 pan kit LOL

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

WARNING! Do NOT drop this palette or any other WnW color eyeshadow palette. The 8 pans seem particularly soft and will crumble when dropped. As I was searching for this palette in Walgreens and Walmarts, I came across so many crumbled palettes. In particular, the dark brown on the bottom left shattered and covers the entire palette. That dark brown shade is also in the Trio I'm getting Sunburned.

I definitely recommend this palette for any lover of neutral eyeshadows. It's only $5 and worth every penny. My favorite shades are the top right taupe (that is also in the Night Elf Palette), the golden highlight shade (top left), and the Club dupe (also it is much more red toned than Club).

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No