November 23, 2014 | 1965 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Palette - Comfort Zone

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2011 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Sassybanjo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

The negative reviews on this palette amaze me. First of all, any of you who haven't purchased a MAC eyeshadow, I'm sure you're aware of the outrageous price, though you may not be aware of the quality. I own 12 MAC eyeshadows and they're the shades that are the most popular. I love Club, but it is not as pigmented as the shadows in this palette. To the person who complained about liking 4 out of 8 shadows and thinks that's not a good deal, try finding MAC eyeshadows for $1.25 each. I wouldn't want them if I could find them because they're not very pigmented. I use the ones I own but don't prefer them over the WnW palettes. If you don't like the WnW shades, I suggest layering them with the shadows you do like. Think that's a weird concept? You may want to watch GossMakeUpArtist videos.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by eligagalove

So, I do not need any more eyeshadows. I have plenty of palettes, including high end and low end. But really $4 dollars for 8 eyeshadows at Walmart... I had to get it. Im glad I did. The pigmentation is absolutely amazing. They do not wear off at all. Buy it! What are you waiting for go to the store now!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 9:51:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

I don't believe this is available in Canada (yet), so I was delighted when I was able to pick this up at a Walgreens on a recent trip to Michigan (I live in a border region). I was afraid I wouldn't find it, as so many have reported scouring their own local Walgreens only to come up emptyhanded. I'd heard such good things about this palette that I might not have flinched at picking this up on eBay if I couldn't find it on that trip. Surprisingly, the Walgreens I visited (in Troy, for those nearby) had several in stock.

This IS absolutely a stellar palette, another surprise from the cheap drugstore line. Featuring eight shades, this tickles my fancy because if I'm not wearing neutrals, I'm wearing greens. This makes for a great travel all-in-one.

From the top, the left hand side (the browns) features a shimmery, yellowed ivory, which is a little chalkier than I like, but is easily blendable and generously pigmented, and seems to be a marriage of MAC Ricepaper and Nylon. Beneath it is a pinky champagne, which looks awfully close to Benefit Leggy (at least on my skin). The medium brown is the champion of this palette for me - it's bronzy, it's warm, and can be worn sheer, like a natural definer for beneath my brow bone, or packed on for day-appropriate smokiness. The last of the browns is a very deep, incredibly pigmented brown - this I have to be careful with because it's got significant fallout, and is almost too dark for my tastes.

The right side, the greens, contains a light, greyed-green with a bit of a silver flash. While it's labelled the brow color, it feels too unnatural to have this so high on the eye - I prefer it as a lid color, on the inner corners, just to give my eye some dimension and brightness. The next color is a spectacular, vivid, springtime green, one that would be appropriate for hot summer night parties. Beneath that is a shade that's a little harder for me to describe - it's a blackened green with more than just a hint of brown. It's another great go-to for smoky eyes. And the last shade, the reported dupe of MAC's famous Club shadow, looks every bit like Club in the pan, but translates much differently on the eye. Club gives me that multidimensional green/brown/red and manages to blend without making me look like I've paired Christmas shades with my favorite neutral, but this Wet n Wild version pulls no green - just a lot of deep, reddened brown.

So, for $4.99 and an international crossing, was it worth it? Absolutely. I'm finding myself using this more than even my Urban Decay Naked palette. The next time I come across one of these, I may just have to get a backup.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by careypiper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

All the talk about these palettes and the fact that they are only $4.99 I picked one up "Comfort Zone". I'm not on-board with the hype around them, applying the colors as listed on the shadows ended up being a muddy shimmering mess for both sides. Even using just two shades they are not effortless, you will have to spend time in making them work. So if value your time over your money then I would not suggest WnW, if you have loads of time to make these work and enjoy using color more give them a go.

I really wanted the Club dupe (bottom right) to work but it's far too red and I'd rather just pick up Club then spend time on trying to make it look like Club. For me the only shadow I liked was the Taupe (top right), so 1 out of 8 is a pretty bad rating in my book. I just didn't find any of the shades something I would consider using, huge fail.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by kendramarie1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's pigmented, inexpensive, lasts a long time, and the colors are great to work with. This is definitely a thumbs up! I love all the colors, they are just so rich in color. Comfort Zone is my all time favorite.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2011 9:38:00 AM More reviews by nikkohli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Out of the three this palette is my favorite: most workable colors with my eyes/skin tone and most pigmentation.

The good--these shadows are SO soft. They just glide on and blend wonderfully. With a primer they last all day without creasing and a little goes a long way--the pigmentation is wonderful. I prefer to use the browbone color on my eyelids bc I have hooded eyes and it looks really nice. It is shimmery but I don't have any trouble with fallout.

The bad- Like others, I reeeeallly wish they had a matte shade or two. It is hard to create a daytime look using this palette alone because of all the shimmer--I am a teacher and I don't want my eye makeup to look like the 13 year old girls I teach!
Also, the packaging is crap. I know I shouldn't complain too much because the product is great for the price but I worry everyday I am going to snap the lid.

Would I buy it again? Yes, but I think this will last a long time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2011 8:53:00 PM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Meh.

Though I wasn't stalking Walgreen's for this pallette like so many have been, I had decided that if I ran across one, I would pick it up. But admittedly, I was pretty excited to happen upon one the other day.

I will say that the texture, the blendability, and the pigmentation of these shadows is excellent. I have no quibble with the quality at all. I think they are far, far superior to the shadows offered by some of the more prestigious drugstore brands.

But...

I just wasn't terribly impressed with the colors.

One the left side of the pallette, I found only the lid and the browbone color to be anything I would use with any frequency. The crease color was a really unremarkable ashy brown and not particularly flattering to my green eyes. The bottom color, which looked like a deep, sparkly eggplant, was a very disappointing charcoal when blended out that didn't really seem to go with the other colors, as it lacked any warmth whatsoever. For that reason alone it didn't work for me, but also, it was just far too harsh for my pale complection. Also, I experienced a LOT of fallout, though I was very sparing with the product and used a small defining brush to apply it.

On the green side..again, the brow and lid colors were very nice, but the crease color was disappointing, because again, it blended out into a muddy charcoal type hue. The green was evident, but just barely. The bottom color seemed to be a gorgeous shimmery duochrome, but actually blended out to an oddly flat reddish brown, which was really weird. So...$5 for four colors I *might* use from time to time...hmmm. Not such a great deal. Certainly better than wasting $20, $30 or even more for mediocre department store pallette, but still a disappointment.

Sorry to be the voice of dissent, I just thought that it was a very disappointing product overall.

EDIT: I was wrong about the medium brown on the left side. After playing around a little bit, I realized it isn't an ashy brown, but rather a warm-ish taupe. It actually works really well with the browbone color on the green side. The shimmery champagne lid color it was meant to be paired with is too warm for it. But interestingly, THAT color looks nice in the crease with the browbone color as a wash from lash to brow. As for the taupe/brown...I found that if I used the browbone color from the right side as a wash from lash to brow, and then put it in the crease, it creates a really pretty subtle daytime look. It looks fabulous with UD Underground 24/7 liner. I tried using the "definer" shade again, to intensify the look for evening but it just didn't work. It really is horrible, so I stand by my original asessment of that shade. Instead I used Bare Escentuals "Drama" and that looked really nice. I still think that the pallette is a disappointment overall, but I'm learning to make it workable.

Also...I would like to add that I really don't understand why someone feels compelled to inject petulant and pissy remarks directed at other users into their review simply because they happen to disagree about product. For the record, I'm not a novice makeup user, (I'm a professional) I do watch Goss quite often and find him very knowledgeable and charming, and I believe products that need other products to make them work properly are inferior and should be indentified as such so we can all make informed decisions about how we spend our money.

Grow up.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 6:00:00 PM More reviews by mmg0091

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love this palette! the neutrals really complement my skin :)
i wish there were some matte colors, though. I'm really loving WnW lately!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2011 5:08:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love it! Almost didn't pick it up b/c there was a little scratch on the bottom of one of the shadows, but I figured oh well, it was the last one and they aren't super easy to find I'm sure. The pigmentation is great, they are easy to apply and blend, and they wear well with a primer. I don't really have problems with fall out on my face, it is a little powdery in the pain, but it doesn't bother me. Also I believe the bottom right shade is the MAC club dupe that is in that Night Elf palette I never could find. And this palette has more wearable colors (at least for me) than that one. And it's bigger! Yay! <3 wet n wild and this palette, all the colors are flattering, wearing shades and you can create a myriad of looks with just this alone. Definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2011 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Sh3D3vil84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well it's funny the hype about these new palettes because I wasn't exactly hoping to find this palette. It found me! I was looking at the wet n wild section hoping to find the 6 pans people have been raving about (I'm late) and I didn't see them. Never fear! I did find them on the ebay.

Anyway, I saw this and the Petal Pusher and I was like OMG stunning! However, this 8 pan palette does have a drawback. It is kinda powder-y and does create a LOT of fallout. It's workable and for the color pay-off, selection of shades, and cost it definitely outweighs the bad. The good things about this palette is I did notice a long wear time with a primer which I liked. Didn't seem to crease either. They are highly pigmented, but I do find that the darker shades you can go very light while the lighter ones you do have to work with a bit more. Just depends on if you have a heavy hand or not. I tend to be more heavy handed. I would say that some of these shades could be found easily in a Cover Girl/Maybelline trio or quad and I know there are supposed MAC dupes, but there are certain shades I haven't seen in drugstores such as the shade in the bottom right hand corner. I think that overall for Wet n wild this palette is great. On the big scheme of eyeshadow? Just okay.