Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Palette - Comfort Zone

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/29/2011 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I finally got my hands on these after looking at 3 different walgreens! This palette is great!! I have my UD Naked palette, but whenever I'm out of town, I use this (so I wouldn't feel so bad if these eyeshadows broke or if I lose the palette). The colors are vibrant, smooth and highly pigmented. There are so many looks you create with these 8 eyeshadows. I can compare the quality of these to high end eyeshadows. I really can't complain! I wish WNW could make a palette with just browns, and grays.

on 3/29/2011 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

LOVE this neutral palette! a few if not all are pretty much MAC dupes and they are so pigmented and they last! great great item for the price! LOVE WnW!!

on 3/27/2011 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Terrific palette for a polished natural look up through a neutral more dramatic look. I bought this for the dupe of MAC Club on the bottom right, but I'm really taken with all the colors, which coordinate with or pretty much dupe much of the UD Naked palette and several of my MAC and NARS shadows. The only one that doesn't flatter me particularly is the top right browbone color, which is a little chartreusy gray for me. The greens are lots of fun as well.

The shimmer here is quite pronounced, so a little goes a long way.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Okay. I caved in and bought this palette even though I have way too many eyeshadows. However, I am LOVING the "strange," "Club dupe," color on the lower right-hand side. I used in on my lids, very lightly, and they have this lovely duochrome copper-blue color that makes my blue-grey eyes pop. I used a smidge of the mushroom color, I think the one that's second down from the left to accent my crease and used a non-shimmery Smashbox vanilla on my brownline. Beautiful. All of these colors in this palette will get a good workout in the coming months.
UPDATE: I am reaching for this palette every single day that I wear eyeshadow! Honestly the coppery color and the mushroom colors are the only two that I use from this palette but they are so beautiful. The coppery color brings out the blue in my eyes so much. I will buy a backup of this palette before it disappears from stores. I hope W'n'W keeps up the good work. I have been very impressed with their shadows and nail polishes particularly!)

on 3/23/2011 11:47:00 AM

Found this in stock at my local Walgreens, pigmentation is really amazing. Quite a deal for 4.99. I wish WnW would make a palette like this with darker neutrals (more gray/black than brown). My only quip would be the palette is a little cheapy and I worry it will break. But for 4.99 I certainly am not complaining. And yes there are certainly some MAC dupes in this one. IMO, I think the pigmentation is better with these eyeshadows than the MAC themselves!

on 3/22/2011 2:26:00 PM

i love it, i love it, i love it. what a great deal. this plus some good brushes = great looking eyeshadow that lasts all day. however, this isn't for people who don't like sparkle or shimmer!

on 3/22/2011 10:31:00 AM

Love! love! love! this palette!
I have worn this everyday since purchasing this for $4.99 at Walgreens. It has swiftly kicked all of my other eyeshadow to the curb. It is, as most have stated very pigmented, a little on the soft side which does result in a bit of fallout but the colors and the application are make this a great find.
My favorite thing about this palette is that you do not have to think about which colors to apply, I have a toddler and my morning routine is rushed at best - all of the colors work amazingly well with one another. The color last all day with a primer too.
Well worth the itty bitty bit of $$ you spend!

on 3/21/2011 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Ok first off I'm not going to sit here and compare this to Mac...it's very low end (as far as cost) as opposed to the medium end with Mac. That being said- the palette is awesome.

I loved the colors and it's great for night time use. I had more fall out with Urban Decay chunky glittery overpriced shadows than these. If you like the sparkle factor from Urban Decay- you get that here without the chunky glitter fall out or price. Though there is a little fall out as can be expected with pretty much any powder. I don't have glitter under the eye with this.

I think you definitely have to have a more medium skin tone to pull this off- I don't see it as a palette great for fair skin but maybe it depends on how you wear it.

This is a great cheap palette worthy of looking at especially if you suddenly find yourself on a budget.

on 3/21/2011 12:43:00 AM

Run, don't walk, to your nearest Walgreen and pick up this amazing palette. 8 generous shades of the prettiest colors with just enough shimmer - not glitter. The colors are complex & interesting. My teenaged daughter and I both love this palette - so much color payoff. I barely touched my brush to the shadow and there was so much pigment. I wear it over UDPP and it lasts all day & night. $4.99 price tag is just icing on the cake. Whenever I went to Walgreens it was always sold out, so I finally got wise & asked which day they stock up. They said Thursday - I was there Friday morning and picked up the last two. This is the most popular palette of the three in this series. LOVE!

on 3/20/2011 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this about 3 weeks ago and have used it pretty much every single day since then. The colors are crazy pigmented and they blend fairly easily. They are all shimmer, which is slightly disappointing, but I can live with it. The are super soft, which is nice on the eyes... but not so nice when they crumble. The packaging leaves a lot to be desired and i find it hard to travel with this because it does have a tendency to break. The definer color on the right bottom is a tad bit too red for my skin, but when you mix it with a cooler brown color i find that it creates a pretty cool effect. These are great neutral colors that you can take from day to night with little effort. I really love the greens. They are clearly green, but not so much that when you wear them you have crazy green makeup. Very subtle and i have been having a fun time mixing and matching them with other eyeshadows.

I'm a broke college student. And as much as i would LOVE to go to mac or sephora and drop hundreds of dollars to build up a great eyeshadow collection, I just can't afford it. WnW has been a total budget saver for me. I can get very good eyeshadows at an amazing price and because of that I have a wide range of shades and colors that I wouldnt otherwise be able to have. Are they the best quality? No. But i'm willing to work a bit with them in order to make them really good quality. Yeah, the packaging leaves loads to be desired, but for 6 bucks I'll struggle with it a bit. I would definately recommend this for a beginner just getting their feet wet in the make up world. Its a great price to be able to practice a bit with color placement and blending. Its also great for learning what colors look good on you and your skin. I would MUCH rather spend 6 dollars at walgreens to find out that a color doesnt work than spend 20 at mac to find out its just not right.

I have already purchased a backup because i know i love most of these colors and i can see myself hitting pan on a few of them for sure.

Video Reviews & Tutorials