August 20, 2014 | 1438 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by LisaLiles

My newest obsession. It makes my skin feel so clean and soft after i use. I can really feel all the dirt being washed away. When i first use it though it hurts my skin a little, but then I get used to it. I love the two settings. A slower one to scrub lightly and a faster setting to really get a deep clean.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by BoxcarJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First off, let me start by saying that I'm a certified Esthetician and experienced in skin care as well as make up application. This little tool here is pretty much a facial for your home at an amazing price! I bought this wonderful tool at my local Walgreens last week and I can't get over the fantastic quality of the brush. Like other have said, it has a rotary brush...the bristles are soft and have a bit of "give" to them...plus, it is battery operated which is extra convenient as it doesn't lose it's charge every time you attempt a re-charge like the Clarisonic. I own the MIA Clarisonic and I must say, I prefer my Olay Pro X Advanced Cleansing System to it and recommend it more highly to all of my clients as well as to anyone that is in the market for an outstanding cleansing brush. I've been using it every day, once a day..sometimes with the Renewing Cleanser which I love for the Coconut Acid infused in it and sometimes with my normal, Clean n' Clear cleanser. My complexion has become brighter, more radiant and clear. Once I use the product, my skin literally drinks in the moisturizers and serums I apply afterwards. I also love the size as it fits perfectly in my shower caddy, sitting upright so the bristles dry in a sanitary fashion. The batteries can be changed by pulling the handle outward while rocking the handle from side to side..it can be a bit tricky but I assume the more I change them out, (I haven't had to do so yet), the easier it will be to access the battery pack. I already see such a huge difference in my skin, I cannot wait till a month passes! Then another month! Then a YEAR!!! After using this product and having a truly exfoliated surface to apply my make up, my foundation has never looked better. My blush, bronzer and eye products blend easier as well, it's like a dream come true! This machine has done more for my skin than any enzymatic peel or microdermabrasion session I've ever had. When I was doing facials at a spa, I worked with a machine that had a rotary brush head connection and we charged anywhere from $80-$500 for a facial depending on the particular facial chosen. Now, for $30..you can have your very own facial treatment in the comfort of your own hot shower..complete with steam to open the pores and allow for an even DEEPER cleansing!! The possibilities for incredible, professional skin care and treatments are in the palm of your hands with this little wonder. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

xoxoxox
- Mad Madam Jess

49 out of 51 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2011 6:59:00 PM More reviews by isitfriday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this thing! I use it daily in the shower, and I use it with all my liquid facial cleansers, it does a great job cleaning my face, the brush is very soft. there are two speeds but i can not really tell a huge dif. between the two. feels so nice and my face glows. for under thirty bucks at the drugstore it is a great deal I think.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 4:11:00 PM More reviews by thehils

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

AMAZING deal! I don't like to use toxic chemicals on my skin or hair so this little product is awesome for me. It's as good as any exfoliant I've ever used and I can just use it with my Dr. Bronners on my face without worrying about nasty toxic crap.

I have noticed a HUGE difference in my skin in the last 3 weeks of use. Makeup goes on smoother, no breakouts, and I love that it makes me look a little glowy and pink. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 10:49:00 AM More reviews by mellaril

This little baby is the biz. The price is high in the sceme of drugstore inventory, but compared to the Clarisonic it's a box of girl scout cookies. How can the Clarisonic be 200$ better than this wonderful apparatus that leaves my face looking like my 3 year old son's? So clean and fresh. I use it on my back as well. My only criticisms: I did not luck out and get the full size cleanser and I wish there was a cover for the brush for when it isn't being used.

Highly, highly recommend.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by magpiesparkle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely LOVE this product! The sample cleaning scrub is nice but the brush also works beautifully with my other cleansing products. My skin has never been so soft and clear, and my skincare products just sink right in. I've only been using the brush for a week but I just had to come rave about my experience.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Ari08

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Like many others I was debating buying the Mia but for some reason I could never pull the trigger. The thought of it not working for me, plus having to return it, and the $$ I paid was just a turn off in general. I than herd about the Olay ProX version and thought for $30, why not? I ordered it and it came with a full size of the exfoliating wash as well as a small travel size wash as well. It's been about 3 weeks and I absolutely love it. It really does get every last trace of makeup off and I'm beginning to see an overall improvement with my post acne scars and hyperpigmentation. Would def recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2011 10:17:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

Sold out in many places, I searched untill I found it in CVS and it was the last package. The cashier told me that people were buying this like no tomorrow. WOW, WOW, WOW! My skin is usually oily. I had scars from acne and a couple of sun damage spots. Goodbye and fairwell to all of those after 6 days. I have a baby soft skin. One warning is that it can make your skin feel dry. Use it less if this happens but definitely a great sub. to MIA or Clarisonic in general.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2011 11:14:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was about to spend a whole lot more for the higher-end version of this, but I'm so glad I went with this first! I hate feeling guilty later over spending too much on something. This has done for me exactly what I was hoping, mainly its helped to clean my pores out and I haven't experienced any of the initial purging reported with the more expensive cleansing tool. I also have acne and it hasn't aggravated it whatsoever! I think this will actually with my acne problem in time. So far for 2011, this is the best purchase I've made! I would recommend using a cleanser that is not aggravating with it though. One that doesn't contain fragrance, SLS, and especially not benzoyl peroxide. I tried using this with a BP cream and it was too much. I think any of the Mario Badescu or Paula's Choice products would work well with this. If your curious what kind of skin brush this is it has a rotating brush head not a vibrating one and it has 2 speeds. I personally always use the faster one b/c it's gentle enough. What I do remove makeup with cleansing cloth, wet my face and apply cleanser to face and then spend a few seconds on each area of the face. Be careful though when you use it on your nose because the cleanser can fly up in your eyes, so keep your eyes closed. It only takes about 1 minute to clean your face each night. Definitely worth 1 minute a day for better skin :)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2011 9:24:00 AM More reviews by samy12586

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush! I got it at Walgreens like other reviewers with a free full sized cleanser and it works great! It leaves my skin feeling softer, cleaner, and more evenly toned. The only gripe about it is that I wish it had a cover for the brush part when I'm not using it but overall, a great brush at a fabulous price!