Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer

3.9

Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Isoamyl Laurate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Ozokerite, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Alcohol, MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891) Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499)

This is an intense concealer. Like most products, I think it works best for a niche market, and in this case, it's people with bad acne, acne scars, or serious blemishes.

I have mild acne, but even the few bumps are extremely noticeable, because inflammation really shows up on my face, and doesn't go down for a long time. Most concealers don't cover up the redness well enough, and by the end of the day, it's like I didn't bother with concealer at all. This stuff, on the other hand, has staying power. Once I put it on, it stayed on and concealed everything.

The thing is, this product is concentrated. It doesn't spread well. It's incredibly easy to make it look caked on. So, for those people who use concealer all over their cheeks, or to get rid of fine lines, I wouldn't recommend this. It's too must hassle to apply it over large areas. It's best as a spot corrector, in my opinion.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I wanted to buy Glamoflauge for awhile because of all the good reviews. Finally I bought in in Light, which ended up being too orange for me (I wear L'Oreal True Match in C2- I'm pale with cool undertones). I took it back to Wal-Mart and got Ultra Light- the concealer in the tube matches my skin pretty well, but the little pencil is too orange, which is odd- you'd think they'd be the same colour. The concealer is VERY THICK- I have very clear skin, so I don't use it every day. I tried using it under my eyes and to shape my brows, but it's very obvious because of the thick consistency. I used a bit all over my face once when I needed quick coverage, but it looked ridiculously pale, so I won't be doing that again. Definitely for those who need more coverage, but you still need a very small amount!

I've used Glamoflauge as a part of my daily beauty routine for a while now, and I couldn't be happier with it. I use the concealer to cover up blemishes, small imperfections, and under-eye circles. It's a good consistency; not too thick or thin. I've been on the same tube for over a year and it doesn't feel like I've even made a dent in it. This concealer is totally worth buying, especially because it has a cheap price tag.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is the best concealer ever! makes my skin look flawless. I have huge pores on my nose and this covers really well. I prime my skin first then mix this with revlon colorstay for oily/combo skin. My skin's never looked this good.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I mean it covers imperfections well, but it does so at the expense of looking cakey, and my skin isn't even dry.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I got this for about $6 at Walmart so one of the cheaper concealers out there. I was really happy that they had a nice shade for me because I am pale skinned. I got the lightest shade which is a little bit light so I thought it would work well under my eyes for brightening. This product is EXTREMELY concentrated. If you go to apply the basic amount that you usually use with concealer you will be covering most of your face..lol. So be very careful how much you squirt out or you will end up wasting some of it or over doing it. I apply a small amount on the back of a clean hand and use my finger or concealer brush to lightly dip into it and apply in small dots on the areas I need, this helps me avoid excess product. For me this product is a little too thick for my liking. I have dry skin and although it comes on smoothly it cakes very easily and seeps into my lines especially under my eyes.. Since I don't have any dark circles I just find this to a bit too much. But it does work well to mask pimples. Speaking of pimples when I first bought this it broke me out around my chin pretty crazily but I continued to use it thinking my skin would adapt and haven't had any more issues.. Still I would say be careful to acne-prone skins. But overall this is a pretty good product I can see why many people would like it.. although I'm not sure that I will be purchasing it again because it's just tooooo thick for me.
*Side note: The stick is just terrible. I bought the lightest shade and the color of the stick is very orange and much darker than the actual concealer.. it's almost the shade of my blonde eyebrow pencil. I didn't use it.

By far, this is the best concealer I've ever used. I believe it was originally an MUA review that sent me looking for it, but I'm glad I did. I have dark under-eye circles, and occasional break-outs that this covers amazingly well.

I DO hope they keep manufacturing it. IDK what I'd do if I ran out and couldn't re-purchase! Probably cry. literally. :-)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I heard my friends and many youtube people rave about this product and how it could cover anything. Well for me all it did was stick to the slightest bit of dryness on my face and settle into fine lines. Maybe it was cause i applied it wrong but i have no idea. I'm still going to try out this product once in a while to figure out if its good for me or if i should just pass it on to my sisters. The price for this product is crazy amazing!!! It gives you one WHOLE fluid ounce for only $6 bucks. My other concealers come in 0.1 or a little more so i was so surprised for the large amount of product.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This concealer isn't all bad. Like everyone said its super thick, and opaque. I just bought this and I find its too much for the under eye area. It's good for blemishes and spots though. I'll use it for when I need to spot treat treat. I won't repurchase it. Oh yah, the color range also sucks. If you are of a darker skin tone, you may have trouble with this line.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pretty good concealer, especially for the price!
I was looking for a concealer that would help me hide my acne scars and found some people were recommending Hardy Candy. Since I live in Canada, I had to scour through Wal-mart to find this brand, but when I did I was super happy to see that the concealer was only $6 and had the words "heavy-duty" on it (which sounded pretty promising).
Please keep in mind that I don't often wear full-coverage foundation. I like BB creams and foundations with a light to medium coverage because I find them easier to work with on a daily basis and my skin seems to tolerate them better. A heavier foundation may give a different effect with this concealer.
But for me, this concealer managed to cover most of my acne marks. It's a pretty creamy product though, so I am careful to not rub it too much when I apply my BB cream over top and I always always always set it with translucent powder. It does face a bit after 6 hours at school or work, but even then, it still diminishes the look of my scars.
Overall, it's not a miracle product, but it's definitely a decent concealer for small areas.

Top Rated Hard Candy Products