April 19, 2014 | 1105 users online

Concealers - Hard Candy - Glamoflauge Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2012 5:51:00 AM More reviews by Lumiele

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

this is was a great coverage concealer.. with those cheap price offcourse..

this concealer really good work for blemishes and redness or dark spotted.. but i found its look ashy when i apply it for under eye dark circle.. and it doesnt crease or cakey even you'r getting sweat..

i'm nw10 and the lightes shade was quit match my skin

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2012 2:37:00 AM More reviews by KleryssaBooth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great product for undereye circles and blemishes! It really is a heavy duty concealer. And a little bit goes a LONG way. If you use to much it will
Look cakey. It only comes in 3 shades though. And it's about 6$ which is pretty cheap for how good of a concealer it is. And make sure to set it! Or it will crease. Overall I LOVE THIS CONCEALER. And will be purchasing it again. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2012 3:28:00 AM More reviews by faithsmommy

BEST CONCEALER EVER! Most definitely my HG. It's only $6 and is full coverage, i can't find one thing wrong with this concealer. There is only three colors but i have it in medium and its perfect for me, i have no desire to even try any other concealer!!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hard Candy's Glamoflauge Concealser is a set of two, heavy duty concealers, a liquid concealer, and a pencil. This concealer supposedly is pigmented enough to cover tattoos. Hard Candy is a former high end brand, sold at Sephora. It's now exclusively available at Walmart and Walmart.com. How the mighty have fallen. Hard Candy does not test their products on animals and makes their products in the US. Glamoflauge is only available in four to six shades, which is an unacceptably small range. I purchased this concealer at Walmart, in the shade Light, for $6 for 20g of product.
Packaging for the liquid concealer is a clear squeeze tube with tribal tattoo designs, so you know it's cool! Removing the black plastic cap reveals a needle nose applicator the dispenses the product in a thin ribbon. Packaging is functional and kinda cute. I wonder if the tube got it's tribal tattoo in the late 90's when it was trendy, or more recently, for irony's sake.
Before I move on to the bulk of the review, I'm going to talk about the concealer pencil. I don't know what to do with this thing! Hard Candy's included instructions say that it's for outlining your tattoo before concealing it, but I don't have any tatz that need concealing. I can't find any use for it. Halp? It seems well pigmented n'at, so I'd hate to just toss it out. No one else mentions the concealer pencil in their Glamoflauge reviews, so I guess no one else knows what to do with it either. Moving on to the liquid half of Glamoflauge.
Nobody was kidding when they said this concealer is intensely pigmented, and you only need the smallest amount possible. They're like the OCC Lip Tars of concealing I guess. The texture of Glamoflauge liquid concealer is very thick. The kind of thickness that comes along with rich pigmentation. At first it feels very creamy, but the more you blend it and work it into the skin, the drier it gets, turning almost pasty in consistency. Hard Candy says that Glamoflauge blends into the skin seamlessly. Disagree. Glamoflauge sits on top of my skin, feeling heavy, uncomfortable, and mask-like. No me gusta.
To be honest, I don't think Glamoflauge provides the super amazing coverage that everyone raves about. Don't get me wrong, it's good, but it's not Holy Grail good or anything. When it comes to under eye coverage, I feel like Rimmel's Match Perfection Concealer is better. Actually I don't think Glamoflauge should be used under the eye. It's too dry and has a tendency to cake and settle, which won't look very attractive. Though it may not be great for the under eye area, Glamoflauge does well at covering redness and pimples. However the way people talked about Glamoflauge, I thought it was going to be way more full coverage than it really is. Full coverage enough to cover my chicken pox scars, and the freckles left over from my childhood as a ginger. It doesn't. Not even with three coats. For the record, I don't normally try to cover up my freckles n'at, I was just trying to test out Hard Candy's "heavy duty coverage" claim.
Because of how thick Glamoflauge is, it wears all day long. I guess it's dryness makes it a moisture magnet though, because this concealer cakes like no other on me. It's also very stubborn when it comes to removal. A facial wipe, or merely washing your face does not do the trick. For this concealer, I need a cotton round with some oil based remover on it. I guess it think's its a waterproof mascara.
I forgot to talk about the coloration of this concealer. I have the lightest shade, Light, and in my opinion, it's not very light. It's at least a shade or two too dark for me. It's also quite yellow. This concealer tends to oxidize as well. It's not severe oxidization,but there's a definite orange cast to it that isn't there when first applied.
Another point worth mentioning is the oil. When you open your tube of Glamoflauge for the first time, you will not get concealer out of it. You will get copious amounts of oil instead. At first it's straight up oil, but if you keep squeezing it out, it'll morph into a bizarre, icky oil-concealer mixture. Eventually, you'll squeeze most of the oil out, and then there'll be room in the tube for you to squish and mash the concealer and remaining oil back into the concealer. It kinda freaked me out at first, and I thought I got a bad tube, but this is a common complaint in reviews.
I have really mixed feelings about Hard Candy's Glamoflauge Concealer. I feel like it's another one of those over hyped product, like Revlon Lip Butters or Maybelline Color Tattoos, that everyone gets excited about, and I find them to be only average. Glamoflauge covers well, but it's not Photoshop in a tube, like some say. For reals, I'm not sure how this stuff conceals tattoos if it can't even cover a few freckles with several coats. I'm definitely not a fan of the pasty, dry texture, or the pasty, dry wear. Removal is way harder than it should be fore any concealer. But on the bright side, it's a definite value win. You get a ton of product for a few bucks, and you only need to use a drop at a time. All in all, I don't think Hard Candy's Glamoflauge is a bad product, it's just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by wendycoco

I love this concelor its taken them spot of my Mac studio plus in my makeup bag. Plus so much cheaper!
First thing I have to stress about this is a little goes a really long way. No need to waste it when not needed. Covers amazingly. If your looking for something more sheer u can add a small amount of primer mix it and apply. I even used it to lighten my revlon colour stay foundation cause I purchased a shade darker then usual.
Def worth the money it was about 5.99 at Walmart. I bought the lightest which is perfect for my fair skin. The tube works very well allows for a non messy application. I apply with my finger however a concelor brush would work well too. I actually recommended this product to 2 different people at work today. I'm a firm believer in if you find something that you love for so cheap pass it on and share it with everyone. Nothing annoys me more then having a product I love be discontinued. Like my all time favorite NYC matte bronzer that cost 2 bucks. My heart still is breaking over that loss!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by inthiscity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After all the hype I finally caved. This has excellent coverage but I wish there were more color options. Medium is kind of off on me and appears chalky.. maybe I just need to work with this more. I'll repurchase if they extend their color range.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Michaelat12

Four words: photoshop in a tube! This is by far THE BEST concealer I have ever used. It's the only thing that covers the stubborn dark circles under my eyes - and believe me, I've tried pretty much everything! This product is absolutely amazing, even the price is amazing for the quality. I bought this in January and I haven't even used a quarter of the tube, so a little really does go a long way. I also use it on my acne scars and blemishes on my face - it instantly takes away any redness, and the mark is invisible!
The only con I can think of for this concealer is that it is oil based - although even if I had known this before I purchased it, it wouldn't have made a difference, I would still have bought it. Oil based products are a bit of a nightmare for oily skin, but you definitely can't tell when you use this. As others have said; the concealer does take a while drying, which can be a problem if you are in a hurry or don't have much time to do your make up. However, if you can afford to wait a few minutes, then it will be well worth the wait - I promise! I usually apply my foundation under the concealer, and then use a sweep of powder over the top. This keeps it on all day long, so I don't have to reapply, (unless I've been out in the rain!)
Another con could be the slight creasing under my eyes, but like another reviewer has already said; you only need to rub this a little and it's back to perfect! Really happy I bought this, couldn't live without it!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by KattyKit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Info about me; I'm NC20ish, Revlon CS in Buff and my skin is combo leaning towards oily. I purchased this in "Light". This concealer was a hot mess for me. My first impression upon application was that it has amazing coverage, almost as good as my EL Smoothing Creme Concealer! I was ecstatic because I thought I'd found a DS dupe for my HE&HG concealer! Unfortunately, about two hours later I looked in the mirror and not only had this concealer vanished but it appeared that it had taken my foundation with it! It looked like I had smeared flesh colored chalk all over my cheeks and forehead and every bit of darkness, redness, or blemish was visible. I'll get some use out of this if I'm just taking photos immediately after (if I'm playing w/ my makeup) but otherwise, this is essentially useless for me which is sad because it actually looks beautiful at first.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2012 11:31:00 AM More reviews by ariajay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have extreme dark undereye circles and this is the best drugstore concealer I have found. It doesn't completely conceal but close enough. My circles are so dark that I use a neutralizer shade (yellow in Physcian's Formula) underneath the Hard Candy. The tiniest amt goes a long way. I don't think I will ever run out of this product, which makes the price so great.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by FronkOreo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this concealer in light and luckily for me it matches my skin tone perfectly. It's my absolute favourite concealer. To start off, it has full coverage, which is great for my acne scars. I have tested the claim that it can cover tattoos on a friend of mine. After outlining it with the pencil and a few layers of concealer you couldn't tell the tattoo was there. I haven't noticed any breakouts from it, which is surprising given my acne prone skin. It does take awhile to dry and if you're wearing it alone you will defiantly need to set it otherwise it will transfer onto everything. You really only need a tiny bit of this to conceal so a tube will last a couple months. Hands down the best concealer I've ever tried.