Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer

3.9

Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Isoamyl Laurate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Ozokerite, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Alcohol, MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891) Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499)

This is my first ever HOLY GRAIL.

I have horrible genetic under-eye circles. I used to go through a vigorous routine of concealer, foundation, and more concealer just to disguise them. This concealer has set me free!

I now only use a bit of this under my eyes and on imperfections and top of it with any powder and I'm flawless all day!

I was reluctant to try this because "full coverage" products never seem to work with me. I typically can ony use brightening and tone correcting type things because my main problems are redness and darkness. Reckon was a miss. Before this I was using the new Covergirl and Olay line and pretty happy with it, though it was expensive. I saw this now came in a new lighter shade and my curiosity got the best of me and I'm so glad it did!

Cut my makeup time and price nearly three-fold. Cute and convient packaging too. So perfect

on 1/2/2013 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

this REALLY is a heavy duty concealer! it does not feel heavy although it is really thick. i use this over estee lauder double wear foundation. i only use one layer of the EL DW, but my acne scarring still shows through so i use this over to completely conceal and give me a full coverage finish. i set it with paladdio rice powder. it lasts almost all my day, my scarring shows a bit as the day goes but it still lasts and does not completely come off, so thats good. this is also good as an undereye concealer! my dark circles arent that bad so i use a sheer layer, and it completely conceals. im so glad this is $6. plus A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY ! i use two small dots on both of cheeks, then a dot on my chin and forehead (yup i have acne scarring pretty much all over.) and it completely conceals. i know this will last a long time. definitley recommend. if you have super super dark circles/scarring/tattoos you might need to do some layering. overall, i recommend. i dont use the pencil it comes with.

on 12/31/2012 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This concealer is amazing! It conceals with just the littlest pin point, and stays there all day. It's only $6, dirt cheap for such a good product! Do yourself a favor and buy this. There is only one "eughh" side though. If you use too much, it looks cakey and flakey. Use it sparingly under the eyes for a flawless look.
Good luck!

on 12/31/2012 5:22:00 AM

Thus product does have insanely good coverage like it promises but if you have acne prone/oily skin this is not the concealer for you. The two first ingredients are Petrolatum (petroleum jelly) and mineral oil, two things that are horrible for your skin. This product is so heavy and thick and I have to say I just hate it!! Do not recommend this concealer for oily and acne prone skin AT ALL!!

on 12/30/2012 1:29:00 PM

So I've been wanting to try some new concealer to use under my eyes when I have those mornings that I didn't get enough sleep. I wouldn't say I have acne but I do get blemishes from time to time. I have tried several products over the years like Covergirl, Revlon, Loreal, Elizabeth Arden and more expensive brands you would find at the counters in Macy's. I heard through the grapevine and also read that Hard Candy used to actually sell at Sephora/Ulta/Nordstorms. The line was bought by Louis Vuitton (LVMH) then later sold to another which announced a partnership with Wal-mart. What I'm saying is, this concealer is amazing. My skin is very pale and very hard to find a matching color. I can't say it's a perfect match but it is very close to the point it does not bother me. It is very cheap at $8.00. Less is more, it spreads well. The tube will last quite some time. I set it with the Matte powder. I have combination skin dry/oily. MAKE SURE you moisturize at least 10 minutes prior to putting it on. It will not work as well if you're skin is very dry. Drink lots of water if you have naturally dry skin. Also if you're having trouble with your concealer setting, make sure you've waxed/tweezed. Just a random tip to throw out there.

on 12/30/2012 5:05:00 AM

This is the only concealer I've used that has made the dark circles around my eyes basically disappear. I'm still trying to get used to the less is more so to speak. I'm used to having to use so much of other concealers just to get my imperfections not even halfway covered. It is worth the money. I will definitely be buying this again.

on 12/30/2012 2:27:00 AM

Out of all the concealers I have, this one definitely offers me the most coverage...I have yet to find a concealer that doesnt really crease, but given that this one gives me the best coverage and slightly creases, this is still my fave concealer to all the other ones I use. It covers my dark circles magnificently. After I apply this, I will go over it with a small sponge to soak up any extra concealer that may eventually crease. Then pat the under eye area with my finger to spread it out again in case the sponge removed a little too much. If you have dryness under the eyes, this will likely create a `cakey`look so I would suggest using some moisturizer or primer under the eyes. But I am still on the hunt for my HG concealer...

on 12/29/2012 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have very noticeable acne marks and this is the only concealer that has ever worked for covering them up. Also, you only have to use a tiny amount of this to conceal large areas. I've tried expensive concealer brands like MAC that just could not compare with the smoothness, coverage, and durability of this concealer. This is truly the best product I have found to cover up my acne. I put a thin layer of this over moisturizer and it completely covers up my acne. The only reason this did not get 5 stars is because unfortunately, this does not come in my shade. My skin has copper undertones and this is simply too yellow. I mix it with my cover girl makeup to get the shade I need.

on 12/29/2012 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this concealer. I'm by no means a concealer expert- I kinda have hated using it in the past. I use this for under eye darkness and it works really well. It blends easily with my foundation and isn't noticeable or glaringly bright. It doesn't seem to settle into the fine lines under my eyes either. Plus this tube will seriously last me forever! You only need a really small amount. Great purchase for 6 bucks!

on 12/28/2012 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Soon, i haven't used this long enough to have a complete review but i just really wanted to share my opinion in it. So i usually don't buy concealers because i would rather just have a full coverage foundation. That last Concealer i tried (maybeline fit me) was a huge let down. I have been eyeing this Concealer for so long and i just bought it. I was immediately upset about the color choices. I thought tan would work for me but its one or two shades lighter than me. But its not bad because i can mix it with a darker foundation. But all the colors are pretty close in range which sucks.

The coverage is heavy. You only need the tiniest dot to cover discoloration which is awesome because it will last a long time. It covers everything which is the main reason whyy i bought it. I hear its a dupe for Kat Von d tattoo Concealer too. This product is not for people with dry skin. My skin is normal to dry during the winter. It looks cakey and it makes my skin look flakey and dry. You need to moisturize well before using it!

I love the pencil that comes with it. They should have it separately and full sized because its so great. I like it for highlighting the brow bone and Cupid's bow. You can use this in the water line as well but i don't think its very long wearing for that.

So this in my opinion, this Concealer is good for normal to oily skin people with nc35-30 skin if you get the shade tan. If you are nc42-45 you may like it for highlighting or you will have to mix it with sonething

Edit: so i really love how this covers. I can get away with the color by usibg a foundation over it. You MUST set this. It does have a lit of transfer but the finish is a bit sticky. Overall, i definitely recommend this. also, you need to moisturize your under eyes if it tend to be a bit dry. Mine is bit dry and i need to use a primer to smooth out that area. if not, the concealer looks cakey

Edit: I thought this concealer was pretty good but i have changed my mind completely. It separates to much in the tube so everytime i use it have to shake it up and squeeze the bottle to mix it. It gets annoying sometimes. But the worst thing about this product it that is doesnt last long. even after i set it with a loose powder, it transfers quickly and can wipe off with a light touch. I doesn't look too good under the eyes because it creases after a an hour or two. The transferring problem just ruined all my good thoughts on the product