October 21, 2014 | 2044 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 10:55:00 AM More reviews by bitterrose1025

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have normal to oily skin that tends to break out every so often. Even though the name has the word aqua in it, the finish isn't dewy when I wear it. It's matte either. It looks like skin which I find very rare in foundations. The coverage to me is medium. It covers very well without looking like a mask on your face. It does have a scent to it so that may be an issue for some. I don't notice it when its on my face and it's a nice rose scent.

I love the packaging because its plastic instead of the usual glass of the other Chanel foundations. It has a squeeze tube top which dispensing the perfect amount.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by dearlymakeup

***Update: After 4 months and 2/12 bottles later, I can say that this did end up drying out my skin, caused infrequent breakouts, and needed to be heavily set with either a powder or spray to last. The alcohol in the ingredients is a real shame. I've switched to Nars Sheer Glow and that is having a much better effect on my skin.

Skin type:
Uneven texture, slight hyper-pigmentation and a few acne scars, redness, combination skin.

Previously used foundations for a year or longer :
1. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow
2. Revlon Colorstay
3. Estee Lauder Double Wear
4. Clinique Super Balenced
5. Clinique Superfit

Review of Vitalumiere Aqua:
1.You must shake the bottle well before each application to get the creamy gel-like formula.
2. I apply with a flat top brush in sections and find that the formulation is extremely forgiving and can be used in this way.
3. If I do need to layer, I don't notice any caking (unlike my Clinique and Revlon foundations)
4. I do not need to use any primer with this foundation!!!
5. If I will be out for 4+ hrs I need to set with a loose powder.

****The BEST thing**** about this foundation is the amount of product that sits on my skin all day. There really is something to the 'light-bending' properties of this foundation. I use very little and the result is flawless skin. No oxidization, no patchiness, no irritation...just lovely natural skin. Before, I was layering and layering and using quite a bit of setting powder and concealer to try and achieve the same results.

Warning:
This is probably not for those who like a MATTE or opaque complexion. The result is very natural and if you prefer something else, then I would not recommend this foundation.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 12:40:00 PM More reviews by irinachka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got a a few samples of this to really test it out. And I have to say I like it a lot.
At first a lady matched me up to B20, which was too dark, but i still wore it at home to see if i like the texture. I actually wore it with with Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer (one side of the face Chanel and the other Mercier). And immediately I noticed that Laura Mercier was was too oily on my skin, I mean it might work on someone with dry skin better.
A week later i went to try B10 and it was still too dark, but heck I was soo disappointed, but i did not want to give up so i went for another sample and asked the lady to really shake the bottle and when i came home the match was a perfect one.
The staying power is about 4-5 hours, then it needs touch-ups but i never do.
Its a really good foundation for someone with normal/oily skin. The coverage is perfect, I blend with my fingers.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by oojennie86oo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

There isn't anything negative that I can say about this foundation. I was intrigued to try it because of all the rave reviews, but at the same time terrified because I have such oily skin. The fact that there wasn't anything on the packaging that said "matte" or "oil control" turned me off for months. I finally gave in and I have to say, I'm soooo glad i did! This is by far the BEST foundation I have every tried! It literally makes my skin look flawless, even when I have active breakouts. What I love is that you can get sheer coverage when your skin is working for you and at the same time you can build it up when you're looking for more coverage. It's easily blend-able and it really feels like you're not wearing any makeup whatsoever! Sometimes I even forget I have it on. I also love that after about 4-5 hours of wearing it, my skin didn't look oily. (It usually does with other foundations.) I do however set it with a loose powder. I'm not brave enough to wear it on its own yet ;) The price was about $45 which is typically more than I would like to spend on an everyday foundation, but it makes my skin feel and look so good that I find it totally worth it! It has never made me break out or have any kind of reaction which is also something that frightens me about trying new foundations! I would definitely recommend this to anyone that's looking for a natural feeling and natural looking foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 6:12:00 AM More reviews by AnnaTheFlautist

Creates a flawless, natural finish. I was concerned about how light-weight it was, and if it would cover my pimples and redness but suprising it did! I don't even have to use concealor on the pimples (which usually turns out cakey) and also, the foundation didn't create that dry ugly finish over the blemishes :D

Although it looks TINY for product sooo expensive, I only need one squeeze (if you use a foundation brush, which I have been using). I have been using the Sheer Illuminating Base underneath, which is like a dream in a bottle. Heavenly!

Also, it does not turn my chin black when I practise my flute (which is RARE).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 9:30:00 AM More reviews by giiorgia89

.. Of course the price...is really expensive..(40 euros in Italy), but the product is amazing on my skin, I have normal to dry skin, and this is the lighness that I was looking for.. The packaging is so handy...
one advise, this foundation has got bifasic formula, so you have to shake it very well before to use it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by eccentricbeing

Hmmm hard to say. In the summer, I felt like this was a wonderful foundation because it made me look like I had porcelain skin in certain light--it did not however cover my dark spots that I had achieved from acne scars and unprotected skin.
In the winter however, the cons of this foundation came out more--it dried my skin like crazy and made me have a really dark dry patch on the side of my mouth. I also started to get these cracks in my face. Convincing myself it was something else like the constant turning on of the heat, my skin suffered day after day even after putting millions of creams on to salvage it. I changed my diet, my skin care routine. Nothing. Nothing seemed to make my skin go back normal I suppose it was my stubbornness to believe that high end and very expensive products had nothing wrong with them.
And then one day, realization. I threw my foundation down and yelled, "Die! Die you horrid potion! Die!" I didn't throw it away of course. But I'm just not going to use it until a very very very long time. Or I'll just give it to someone who really wants it.
And I guess since then my skin has been feeling much more softer and more clearer. Heck, I think even my dark spots have faded.
So in conclusion here's my advice. Stop using the product even if it was ridiculously expensive and well packaged!

PS: I do not know how this works for oily skin people who are extremely prone to acne. I thought I was extremely prone to acne--turns out that was due to not using make-up remover. I think I have combo oil-normal skin cause sometimes my nose gets really oily as does my forehead. But that's about it. So if you really want to try it due to the millions of people out there screaming it's godliness, then go ahead. However, I would definitely recommend something cheaper and of course better for your skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2012 1:51:00 AM More reviews by surname

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This foundation is thin and light I enjoy every drop of it. It has a beautiful smell to it but not to overpowering. The only reason I wouldn't buy this again would be because of the price about $70-80 australian dollar. The packaging is lighter and more durable than the other Chanel foundation bottles, because it is plastic vs the usual glass. It leaves a beautiful matte finisish and feels like it's always caring for the skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Emma93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love love love the kind of coverage it gives me (if this doesn't work for you coverage-wise: applied with a beautyblender this looks like nothing, but with my Sigma F80 it is perfect)
and I also love the finish. Words can't describe how much I love the way it looks on me, which is why I would probably buy it again, but I have the feeling it's breaking me out. I am not sure if it really is the Foundation, because I have been prone to breakouts anyway recently, but it might be. I'll update if I am sure or if it was something else, but so far I think that it is the foundation.. sadly... :(

Edit: I was NOT the foundation that made me break out!! Yay, I'm happy! But what I noticed over time is, that it is on the yellow side and if I use too much this becomes very noticable. Also, the shade is slightly, slightly too dark for me, just a tiny bit. But here in Germany, where I live anyway, they only have B10 BR20 and B30, so I had to get B30, because BR20 was too pink. I don't like the color selection, which is why I give this 4 lippies.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by euroazia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very sheer coverage.
I can buy a tinted moisturizer and it will provide more moisture and the same amount of coverage.

If you have nothing much to cover up but want to even out your skin color, this could be a good choice.