April 17, 2014 | 1893 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2011 9:57:00 AM More reviews by muffkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this foundation for about a month and a half. I have combination skin and wear color BR10. I purchased this after trying Mac Matchmaster (1.5, which is not a color match to this, BR10 is more pink), which broke me out. No breakouts with the Chanel. I like how this applies as a liquid and dries to a powder. It smooths the color in my complexion beautifully. I like to apply it pretty light but it can be built up to a meduim coverage if you need it. This product is a bit drying, I must apply moisturizer before wearing it. It does not look nice over dry skin. I apply with my fingers. I get 6-8 hours of good wear.

I like how utilitarian the packaging is, it fits the needs of the product (squeeze bottle with shaker bead) but it is not as beautiful as I would like for a high end product. It's pretty plain. However, it travels great and makes it really easy to use the product.

This has a slight smell that is pleasant, it doesn't just smell like makeup, which is nice I guess. Not too strong. I like that is has some sunscreen, though I don't use very much so I am doubtful of the benefit.

Although pricey, I find this product really easy to use. I think it is a worthwhile investment. I will buy this again and I recommend it for others unless you have dry skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2011 6:59:00 AM More reviews by hannah_seeber

i would technically give this a 3.5, it was a good foundation just not good enough for the price tag. it didnt break me out which is a major plus, however its light coverage didnt really conceal many blemishes. additionally any dry patches looked 10x worse with this foundation and even though my skin isnt that oily this foundation would not last more than abut 4 hours. the packaging was convenient but looked a bit cheap. overall this wasnt terrible but not worth the money

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2011 11:50:00 PM More reviews by amandab

I've tried most Chanel foundations - think my favourite in the past was Fluide Universel. I have also quite liked Shu Uemura face architect. Anyway - am currently happy with Vitalumiere Aqua! I tested it one lunchtime at a Chanel counter and forgot I had it on, then was pretty impressed with my complexion when I looked in the mirror that night. It evens things out and there is still some glow. I probably do need more coverage at times, so will probably have another foundation as back-up. This is great for everyday though, and no-one can see that you are wearing foundation at all. Agree with some of the others that the bottle takes away a bit of the luxury feel, but it is a good size. I suppose that the little bead that mixes things up would break a glass bottle, hence the plastic.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2011 1:38:00 AM More reviews by Lilo1013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation would be perfect if it did not cause me to break out! The coverage is excellent with just a thin layer. If you apply the foundation with your fingers you get a more natural finish. It has SPF, good easy to travel bottle and doesn't make me oily towards the end of the day. I really really hoped this foundation would work out for me because it just feels so natural on your skin. I have been wearing this for about a month, hoping that the breakouts would subside... I guess it was not meant to be!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by PinkArmenia

I found out this foundation has parabens in it and some other cheap stuff that is not good for your skin and health. Paraben is a hormone and it can make your face hairy, affect your fertility and cause breast cancer, talc is a cheap filter that clogs pores and may cause lung cancer if inhaled, caprylyl glycol is a coconut acid that is used in MAC cosmetics and it gives big painful acne, fragrance irretates skin, oil...well, you know what it does to acne prone skin... It is just shocking how high end brands put all kinds of cheap poison in their makeup and give it a ridiculous price tag. I switched to organic makeup that has no oil, fragrance, talc, paraben and caprylyl glycol in it... good for my skin, the planet and my wallet (14 dollar powder from vitacost)!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2011 12:01:00 AM More reviews by perandshan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't pay much attention to it when it came out because I didn't like that you have to shake the bottle each time. I thought it was very "un-Chanel". then I ran out of my Teint Innocence liquid foudation and found out that this was the replacement. I liked Teint so much so I gave this one a try, and I immediately liked its light weight and luminous finish. I feel that it is very similar to Teint except that it finishes matt. I normally don't like matt finish because my skin can look dry but Vitalumiere AQUA is not a dry-ish matt. It gives a firm and smoothed look with a light coverage. I don't recommend layering on this product, it will give you a powdery look rather than more coverage. I don't mind the plastic bottle I think it's travel friendly. My only complaint is that when I shake the bottle the product leak into the cap. Not a smart design. I took another reviewer's advice to shake the bottle WITHOUT the cap, just make sure to press on the sprout.. this way you won't get a messy bottle cap.
I like this foundation very much. I always wear moisturizer underneath it. so far so good.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2011 2:24:00 PM More reviews by scrappydog

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow, just got this in today and it blew me away! Really feels like a 2nd skin, the formula is very lightweight and thin, but still has excellent medium coverage! With a light layer of their voile universal over it, my skin was clear and radiant, it gives you that glow. Chanel you have done it again! Btw, B40 Desert Beige matches my Mac NC35, Chanel Beige intensity 2, Hourglass #4 skin perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2011 10:31:00 AM More reviews by thedallasdiary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my HG foundation. I have pretty good skin as a base but this foundation seriously makes my skin look flawless. The texture is nice and smooth. It is scented but I really enjoy the way it smells. The color selection is alright. I am now using the lightest shade, BR10, and hope that it doesn't get too dark as winter drags on. I wish there were lighter shades and darker shades too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2011 3:16:00 AM More reviews by panda78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Again, another foundation that I had to buy :) Chanel, you blow me away with your foundations, even though more times than not, you are very expensive. This little lovely goes on like a dream. My skin looks alive and there is quite a bit of coverage. My gripe is the same as always with Chanel foundations - not enough colours. I bought B20 which I am hoping to get away with in the winter, because their lightest is way toooooo pink.
I generally use my fingers, but when I have time I use a stipling brush and my skin looks flawless.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 4:11:00 PM More reviews by shi1

I'm one of those people that think skin should look like skin. If you think the same way and have relatively good skin then this is a great foundation for you. It applies easily with fingers and is buildable. It does not feel heavy and does not clog pores. It is virtually undetectable (if applied properly) therefore giving you a polished but not overdone look. It will even out your skintone but it will not hide scars (that should always be left to concealer anyway). This foundation is long lasting and does not slip/slide. My skin doesn't get very oily with this foundation (even in hot summer temperatures) which is great. I even find it a little drying on the skin. If your skin is dry, it will definitely highlight all the little dry patches so make sure skin is well moisturized. I like the compact, plastic packaging which makes it easily transportable, but I think I would have preferred a see-through bottle so I can see how much product is left. They have a limited selection of colours so colour matching can be a bit of a problem. All in all, I think this is a great foundation and would highly recommend it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No