November 23, 2014 | 1067 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 10:56:00 AM More reviews by silverwing

I have mixed feelings about this foundation. This foundation is long wearing but I feel like it highlights my pores too much. I like how it looks when I put it on, but after a few hours it really seems to bring out what I am trying to disguise. I have worn this alone and with a primer. The only primer I have tried with it was the Rimmel fix and Perfect, which is probably not the best primer. I will eventually try it with a different primer to see if that helps. If it does than I will edit this review.

I feel it does apply smoothly and blends easily. I have used my fingers, a sponge, and a brush to see which I prefer in applying it. I do prefer to stipple it on with a brush.

The color selection is limited. Added to that is that many places do not carry all the colors. I have found that Walmart and some Kmart stores do carry all the colors, but most other places that carry Rimmel do not. For some reason most stores only carry the cooler toned shades. Sadly for me, my shade 202 is carried only a few places.

ETA: I have since tried this with a different primer and it made all the difference. I started using this with the Hard Candy primer and it lasts so much better. I checked with Rimmel and the 202 shade is not discontinued, so I don't know why so many stores do not carry this shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2011 12:38:00 AM More reviews by daisymrgrta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok. I love love love this foundation. It stays on all day and pairs so well with their primer. I love the way my skin looks and the coverage is amazing. Although it is thick, I only use a dime size amount for my whole face so I imagine this stuff is going to last forever. I have dry skin but it looks so nice on my skin and it doesn't crease. I"ve been recommending this foundation to all of my friends. I've used CoverFX and I definitely like the Rimmel coverage much more. It's now a staple in my makeup box

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is an excellent long wearing foundation but I am only rating three stars because the color selection is so poor. There is nothing, and I mean NOTHING for fair skinned peeps.

Rimmel is an English company; the English are fair skinned people, so I don't understand why the colors are so dark! To use this I have to mix it with a lighter color foundation from another brand. I have emailed this company numerous times asking why they don't make lighter colors and I receive replies stating "Use our Ivory color".

Hmmmm...I DID try the lightest color and it is STILL too dark you nimrods!

Final Verdict:
Good foundation that is long wearing. Poor color selection.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by STARRMOM3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this foundation in an attempt to beat the "runny-makeup" blues during my outdoor wedding ceremony. It was 90 degrees all day and it was horribly humid! I had tried this foundation previously, going with a bit darker shade than normal (because they didn't have a shade close to mine) and mixed it with a lighter shade to get the perfect color for me. In previous days I had no issues with mixing the two foundations, but the wedding would be an all day event. On the big day- I applied my makeup as always and as soon as I came out- I was instantly sweating- and I don't mean a little sweaty- we are talking dripping all over like we just got out of a shower. The heat was unbelievable!
I was in total shock, but by 9pm, my make-up was still holding strong! THIS MAKE-UP ROCKS!! Even mixed with the other foundation- it still held through all night. At 3 am- I checked again, and it was still looking good! I added a little powder and I looked good as new again. This stuff is definitely worth the money. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by MargaritaHoehn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok, I know it's too early to write a review but I'm doing it anyway. I bought this foundation yesterday and and this is my first day using it but I like it so far. I haven't had to powder up all day. I may have bought a shade too light (soft beige) so I'm going to try and see if the next shade up matches better. Anyway, it was easy to blend and I only had to use a small abount for my whole face (equivalent to pump). I'm waiting to see if it causes me to breakout. If a foundation breaks me out it usually results in ugly cystic acne (yuck).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by akn8v

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. I have this in the color Nude and I'm NC30 or NC 30ish. Its very smooth and has great staying power. It doesn't feel heavy and doesn't change color or get patchy. It's medium coverage but can easily be full. All long lasting foundations look dry on me at first but since I have oily skin, this softens to a very nice, soft finish. Just a little bit is needed and blends nicely. I actually prefer this to EL DW because it isn't cakey. I could never get DW to look good all the time no matter how little I used and it was totally visible. Lasting is smooth and has great staying power. Holds up in heat...totally stays put! I think I prefer this to Colorstay too. Can't beat the price!!! One of my favorites!!!

EDIT: I compare this to Lancome Teint Idole. This has great lasting power and looks fabulous. I use this more than my Dior, EL, Laura Mercier and Lancome.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2011 8:47:00 AM More reviews by ik18101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

When i first purchased this product i noticed the not so very pretty bottle. It just had a red top and a giant 25 hour logo thing that caught my eye. Anyway moving on, it was fairly cheap about £8/9... which fairly good compared to MAC or Estee Lauder. So anyways, it was march 2011 when i began wearing this foundation, the sun was out and shining and the weather was beautiful. The very first thing i noticed about this foundation was the fact it was very oily... hardly any oil goes in to making this foundation. It was almost like painting my face in paint that was left out for ages.. so it didnt glide very well across my skin! The fact that its not oily/slidy means you need that little bit more for full face coverage however this foundation will last longer on those hot humid summer days!! Overall, i do like this foundation its good just not brilliant because i prefer a more slidy foundation rather than a dryish one! x

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by sadec423

I'm impressed by this foundation! I expected to be sheer coverage but it is absolutely full coverage! I would say this is better than Revlon color-stay which is a surprise to me! I am a huge fan of Revlon Color-Stay because it is a full coverage foundation. But I'm always struggling with the glass bottle cause I have a tendency to waste product. But this is controlled because it is a squeeze tube. And though they don't have a wide range of colors, meaning all you dark skinned ladies will probably have a hard time finding your shade, I was sort of limited to the color selection. But I found myself going towards 200 soft beige. I have been wearing this for at least a week and I know that's not enough time but I'm already sold. Also this foundation is a whole lot cheaper then Revlon Color-Stay. I paid 8 bucks but it ranges from 5-8 depending if their is a sale and also the place your live in. I will definitely buy this again! MY HG FOUNDATION!!!!!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2011 10:11:00 AM More reviews by evie21

I hate and love this product. Please continue reading if you breakout or have oily skin. when i first bough this product I L.O.V.E.D it. I got complements from my collegues and friends. after some time though i started noticing that i was breaking out more than usual. For people who have oily skin its going to make you MORE oily. for people like me that have combination skin it still made me really oily and gluggy.
YOU know you have makeup on with this product its not light at all.

Sooo i stopped using it and moved to mineral makeup (best decision of my life)
anyway, I think everyone should try and and see for themselves it may work for you?.. everyone's skin is different. I hope this helped xx :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2011 12:41:00 PM More reviews by kaileym

so far so good with this foundation :) i just got it today, so this is more of a first impressions review :)

i am shade 103 which i believe is true ivory. i am nw20, but this is a little light, and a little to pink, so i think im going to get the next shade up. the application of this foundation is nice. i put a dime sized amount on my flat foundation brush, and put it in streaks across my face, then blend it out, and smoothed the lines with my hands.

the true test of this foundation will be if it doesnt break me out, or clog my pores, and if it lasts! as a highschool student, it is important for foundations to last through the day, because i dont have time to touch up my makeup often.

i will report back after i use this foundation for a bit, and let you know how it works for me!