October 23, 2014 | 1307 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2011 8:47:00 AM More reviews by ik18101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

When i first purchased this product i noticed the not so very pretty bottle. It just had a red top and a giant 25 hour logo thing that caught my eye. Anyway moving on, it was fairly cheap about £8/9... which fairly good compared to MAC or Estee Lauder. So anyways, it was march 2011 when i began wearing this foundation, the sun was out and shining and the weather was beautiful. The very first thing i noticed about this foundation was the fact it was very oily... hardly any oil goes in to making this foundation. It was almost like painting my face in paint that was left out for ages.. so it didnt glide very well across my skin! The fact that its not oily/slidy means you need that little bit more for full face coverage however this foundation will last longer on those hot humid summer days!! Overall, i do like this foundation its good just not brilliant because i prefer a more slidy foundation rather than a dryish one! x

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by sadec423

I'm impressed by this foundation! I expected to be sheer coverage but it is absolutely full coverage! I would say this is better than Revlon color-stay which is a surprise to me! I am a huge fan of Revlon Color-Stay because it is a full coverage foundation. But I'm always struggling with the glass bottle cause I have a tendency to waste product. But this is controlled because it is a squeeze tube. And though they don't have a wide range of colors, meaning all you dark skinned ladies will probably have a hard time finding your shade, I was sort of limited to the color selection. But I found myself going towards 200 soft beige. I have been wearing this for at least a week and I know that's not enough time but I'm already sold. Also this foundation is a whole lot cheaper then Revlon Color-Stay. I paid 8 bucks but it ranges from 5-8 depending if their is a sale and also the place your live in. I will definitely buy this again! MY HG FOUNDATION!!!!!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2011 10:11:00 AM More reviews by evie21

I hate and love this product. Please continue reading if you breakout or have oily skin. when i first bough this product I L.O.V.E.D it. I got complements from my collegues and friends. after some time though i started noticing that i was breaking out more than usual. For people who have oily skin its going to make you MORE oily. for people like me that have combination skin it still made me really oily and gluggy.
YOU know you have makeup on with this product its not light at all.

Sooo i stopped using it and moved to mineral makeup (best decision of my life)
anyway, I think everyone should try and and see for themselves it may work for you?.. everyone's skin is different. I hope this helped xx :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2011 12:41:00 PM More reviews by kaileym

so far so good with this foundation :) i just got it today, so this is more of a first impressions review :)

i am shade 103 which i believe is true ivory. i am nw20, but this is a little light, and a little to pink, so i think im going to get the next shade up. the application of this foundation is nice. i put a dime sized amount on my flat foundation brush, and put it in streaks across my face, then blend it out, and smoothed the lines with my hands.

the true test of this foundation will be if it doesnt break me out, or clog my pores, and if it lasts! as a highschool student, it is important for foundations to last through the day, because i dont have time to touch up my makeup often.

i will report back after i use this foundation for a bit, and let you know how it works for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2011 9:37:00 AM More reviews by REE43

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was searching for a long lasting foundation and have been using Revlon colorstay but wanted a smoother formula. I love this Rimmel and it really is long lasting, great coverage and you only need a little bit. It blends so nicely. Its been wicked humid this summer and this lasts through that great. I matched the color to my Revlon I was using by taking it next to the Revlon in the store. The shades do look odd in the store but they end up being fine. Love this and hope it sticks around.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by VivaViolas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Choosing a foundation depends a lot on your skin type, so I'll briefly describe mine. I have combination skin. I don't have much of an oily t-zone, but I am really oily on the tip of my nose and drier everywhere else. Acne-wise, I am lucky to have clear skin that has never had a break out, so I can't say much about that kind of coverage. However, there are tiny blackheads on my nose, redness around my nostrils, and discoloration around my mouth and under-eyes that I prefer to even out with foundation.

THIS IS MY HG FOUNDATION. It completely erases my blackheads and veins around my mouth. I still have to use a concealer for under eye circles (who doesn't?), but this foundation does almost half the job. I apply this with my fingers. No creasing or cakiness, a dream to blend, stays on after sweating, many shade options, natural finish, cheap: all things that make it a great product to try! My only wish is that it had SPF so I can skip sunscreen...

Though I've never had it on for 25 hours, it does last at least 15. But be gentle when blowing if your nose is oily because it might rub off a little. Usually a little powder when I feel a cold coming on does the trick.

Oh, and I wear True Nude (I'm a light tan, yellow undertone).

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by ccx3x0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I only had this product on for a little while. I bought the lightest shade they had, and it looked to dark but I really wanted to try the foundation anyway, so I bought it. I put it on and it was about 6 shades to dark for me. They need a wider range of colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2011 11:35:00 PM More reviews by efmac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this foundation, I find that the shades that Rimmell have always stay true, no matter which foundation of theirs I use, I am either a numer 100 or 200 depending on season.
It definitely does stay on, as the packaging claims...my only issue is that it appears a little mask-like on my skin if I use the slightest bit too much!
As you don't tend to get much of a dewy look with the long lasting foundations ( Revlon colorstay, EL Double Wear), I mix this foundation with a bit of my Rimmel match perfection foundation and this makes it look more fresh.
All in all I like this foundation, I even like the smell. I would repurchase it...I think the Rimmell foundations are excellent and their value for money is phenomenal.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Saracarroll

I really like this foundation. I just wish they had more shades the lightest shade is still to dark for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by paolandlove

I got this because my MAC foundation ran out right before school started and didn't feel like making a trip to my local Dillards with all the back to school crowds. I got it at Wal-Mart for about $7. The shade is Soft Beige and it matches my NC25 perfectly (since it has yellow undertones its even closer to my skin color). Coverage is fantastic, I have oily skin and I walked around in 100+ degree weather AND EXTREMELY humid and it stayed on from about 5 AM- 3 PM. I did a slight touch up and powdered my t-zone. I used their PRO PRIMER too though (The new white one) and it worked well together with the foundation. No breakouts from it so far, but it's my first day using. I personally think its better than Revlon Colorstay. It leaves skin dewy-er and healthy looking and gives better coverage and longer wear.