December 21, 2014 | 1790 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2011 12:06:00 AM More reviews by rockmysock97

This foundation is okay. I have really oily skin and this does not control the oil at all. When i am at school i look in the mirror and my face is an oil slick and it makes me mad. The coverage is great, but i might not repurchase I am gonna try Revlon colorstay next after i run out. My shade is soft beige.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2011 9:06:00 AM More reviews by SMG1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have been a tinted moisturizer user only and this product was the first time i've tried a full on foundation, and i have to say im SO glad i picked this up! I have stayed away from foundation because im scared to look cakey or have it not blend well and i had none of those problems with this. It is very smooth, blends perfectly into the skin and it really does last and last and last! When i take it off at the end of the day it looks lke i just applied it. I was at an all day football tournament yesterday and it was very hot and this held up awesome. The only reason i gave this a 4 rather than a 5 is because of the shade selection. I have the ivory 100 and i could stand to go a shade lighter but this is the lightest they have, as i get into the fall/winter months i don't know if i'll be able to continue to wear this color.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2011 1:51:00 AM More reviews by rachelwinds

I had been using Revlon Colorstay for awhile and loved the way it looked. However, it smells like paint that you paint your wall with. Terrible! I mean putting most foundations onto your skin is bad enough but hey that doesn't mean we have to live without. But judging by the smell alone( which is the worst of any makeup product I have ever used) that stuff shouldn't go anywhere on your body. So I needed something that didn't make me shudder in horror everytime I had to put it on.
Not a big fan of Rimmel products but always hearing good things about Rimmel 25hr Foundation so I wanted to try it just to see for myself. The price? Around $5 at Walmart. CHEAP!!! I've been using it for a few weeks now and let me say : it actually smells good(!), stays on from early AM to late evening when I take it off, Coverage is amazing: cross between matte & dewy ( best of both worlds!). I have found the best way to apply it is just dab spots all over your face with a sponge and just use the sponge to blend it all in. And the amazing part is that my face doesn't break out at all & I can truly say my skin actually looks a little better since using it. ( I am using Boscia skin care line)
I have personally tried so many foundations over the years....liquid, mousse, powder, tinted mousturizer, high end, drug store....and just wasted so much money, This is the best foundation I have ever used. No complaints whatsoever:)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by tanacullen

I wanted to get a foundation for my homecoming, so in other words a foundation that would stay on through sweat and still look great in pictures. After buying this at walgreens, i put it on for a trial run without any primer underneath. It looked great in the mirror along with in the mirror outside. I'm a perfectionist so even the tiniest bit of foundation that is melting off drives me crazy. I have oily skin, and this is probably the best foundation i've ever tried! It definitely blows colorstay out of the water! It gives me this perfect look, it doesn't look like i have fifty pounds of foundation on but it doesn't look give off a sheer coverage and show my acne scars through. I will MOST DEFINITELY be buying this again. Beats sephora, colorstay, covergirl and many others that i've tried. Great product for the price as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2011 11:24:00 AM More reviews by orangewasabi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

even tho i have dior, shiseido, chantecaille and other HE fdtns in my collection, the old version of Rimmel Lasting is my go-to fdtn for when i want to look my best. the coverage is on the higher side of medium but with a really natural texture that stays looking fresh all day. it doesn't have the skin-healing benefits of chantecaille, or last as well as Dior Forever in 40C heat, but for everyday fdtn it is fan-freaking-tastic.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 10:56:00 AM More reviews by silverwing

I have mixed feelings about this foundation. This foundation is long wearing but I feel like it highlights my pores too much. I like how it looks when I put it on, but after a few hours it really seems to bring out what I am trying to disguise. I have worn this alone and with a primer. The only primer I have tried with it was the Rimmel fix and Perfect, which is probably not the best primer. I will eventually try it with a different primer to see if that helps. If it does than I will edit this review.

I feel it does apply smoothly and blends easily. I have used my fingers, a sponge, and a brush to see which I prefer in applying it. I do prefer to stipple it on with a brush.

The color selection is limited. Added to that is that many places do not carry all the colors. I have found that Walmart and some Kmart stores do carry all the colors, but most other places that carry Rimmel do not. For some reason most stores only carry the cooler toned shades. Sadly for me, my shade 202 is carried only a few places.

ETA: I have since tried this with a different primer and it made all the difference. I started using this with the Hard Candy primer and it lasts so much better. I checked with Rimmel and the 202 shade is not discontinued, so I don't know why so many stores do not carry this shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2011 12:38:00 AM More reviews by daisymrgrta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok. I love love love this foundation. It stays on all day and pairs so well with their primer. I love the way my skin looks and the coverage is amazing. Although it is thick, I only use a dime size amount for my whole face so I imagine this stuff is going to last forever. I have dry skin but it looks so nice on my skin and it doesn't crease. I"ve been recommending this foundation to all of my friends. I've used CoverFX and I definitely like the Rimmel coverage much more. It's now a staple in my makeup box

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is an excellent long wearing foundation but I am only rating three stars because the color selection is so poor. There is nothing, and I mean NOTHING for fair skinned peeps.

Rimmel is an English company; the English are fair skinned people, so I don't understand why the colors are so dark! To use this I have to mix it with a lighter color foundation from another brand. I have emailed this company numerous times asking why they don't make lighter colors and I receive replies stating "Use our Ivory color".

Hmmmm...I DID try the lightest color and it is STILL too dark you nimrods!

Final Verdict:
Good foundation that is long wearing. Poor color selection.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by STARRMOM3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this foundation in an attempt to beat the "runny-makeup" blues during my outdoor wedding ceremony. It was 90 degrees all day and it was horribly humid! I had tried this foundation previously, going with a bit darker shade than normal (because they didn't have a shade close to mine) and mixed it with a lighter shade to get the perfect color for me. In previous days I had no issues with mixing the two foundations, but the wedding would be an all day event. On the big day- I applied my makeup as always and as soon as I came out- I was instantly sweating- and I don't mean a little sweaty- we are talking dripping all over like we just got out of a shower. The heat was unbelievable!
I was in total shock, but by 9pm, my make-up was still holding strong! THIS MAKE-UP ROCKS!! Even mixed with the other foundation- it still held through all night. At 3 am- I checked again, and it was still looking good! I added a little powder and I looked good as new again. This stuff is definitely worth the money. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by MargaritaHoehn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok, I know it's too early to write a review but I'm doing it anyway. I bought this foundation yesterday and and this is my first day using it but I like it so far. I haven't had to powder up all day. I may have bought a shade too light (soft beige) so I'm going to try and see if the next shade up matches better. Anyway, it was easy to blend and I only had to use a small abount for my whole face (equivalent to pump). I'm waiting to see if it causes me to breakout. If a foundation breaks me out it usually results in ugly cystic acne (yuck).