July 26, 2014 | 1751 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by mcsparkman

I bought this foundation on a whim when summer started because the area I live in is very hot and humid. I love how well the colour blends into my skin tone, but the foundation itself is not easy to blend. It almost seems somewhat sticky and quickly completly clogged up my foundation brush. However, it stays on all day even in really humid weather although I did have to blot away excess oil once or twice daily. Overall it is a pretty good foundation for summers, but I would definetly say not to use this in the winter because it doesn't add any moisture to my skin, which tends to get particularly dry in the cold winters

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2011 5:16:00 PM More reviews by 2lygit

I have been using this product for a while now and I will admit, after like the third time using it I knew I wouldn't buy it again after I used up the bottle. This doesn't last that long at all on me, it actually transfers like crazy. I'll usually apply it with a foundation brush and blend with my fingers, then wait for 5 minutes so it dries (you pretty much have to do this if you use a powder or anything else on your face afterwards, otherwise it comes off on the powder brush). I'll set it with a powder, I started using ELF studio powder recently which I love on every other foundation but for some reason it makes this stuff look cakey. Weirdness. Anyway, if the weather is hot or if I've been sweating, this foundation will oxidise and then start coming off on anything that even looks at my face. My skin is oily but not excessively so, so it can't be that.
The coverage is medium but buildable, I didn't like building too much though as it would just cake up. The color is good but, like I said, oxidises on me. Also the foundation feels a bit sticky, with a dewy/SHINY finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2011 1:32:00 PM More reviews by rosa2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

So I was looking for a foundation that would last. I usually use Dream smooth mousse, but with the summer weather it really doesn't last. Beautiful coverage for my partially dry skin, but lasting power for summer sucks.

Then I found this and saw the reviews on here I decided to give it a go. I got the soft beige color and it matches my skin tone very well. The color in the tubes seem to be a tad darker then they really are because I was scared that the soft beige would be too dark but if your a nw20 in mac from my research soft beige should work for you.
For the application, its a little runny and comes in a tube so you squeeze it out. I have found that applying it in sections at a time is best since it tends to dry a little fast. I moisturize, use a primer then after its set, I used my E.L.F flat top brush and it goes on very beautifully. It did last me through my whole work day and then some from what I got home. Great staying power.

The bad is is can accentuate your dry spots (I have them around my nose) so you must moisturize! Its a must if you have dry skin and dont really moisturize it, your skin will this will look flakey and cakey. A horrible combination. Once I realized this I really do love this foundation its a light to medium coverage, easily build-able. I hardly ever have to use concealer after the application. It looks natural and works decent in hot weather.

Overall I will repurchase. The big test is when winter comes. Hopefully I can still use it because I love the staying power and coverage it provides.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2011 12:29:00 PM More reviews by LynnieK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm torn. This foundation does what it says - it lasts! It also has really good coverage, the best I've ever found in a product that stays put all day. It's also a great price.

What I don't like is: 1) The packaging - it's cheap and any time I open it facing down, it leaks out. It also leaks into the cap all the time, 2) the smell - it smells like paint, not good, 3) As much as I love the coverage and the lasting ability, I'm not sure if I love the finish. It can be a little drying and makes my skin look dehydrated.

I have a love/hate relationship with this foundation. Some days I look at my skin when I'm wearing it and swear I'm not using it anymore, then I use another foundation that falls off my face halfway thru the day and I come crawling back. Because of the coverage and staying power, I will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2011 9:03:00 AM More reviews by howdydoodybanana

I purchased this foundation as I heard it was very comparable to Revlon Colourstay, which is my all-time favourite foundation, though where I live it is €17.50, and granted it is not the most expensive foundation, but I wouldn't have minded finding a cheaper dupe. Rimmel Lasting Finish only set me back about €8, so it is certainly cheaper.
I wouldn't consider myself pale, though I often find that I have to get the lightest shade of Rimmel foundations, because the colour selection is very dark. I think I got this foundation in True Ivory.
Initially, I was thrilled with this foundation. The packaging is much better than the Colourstays, the coverage was good, and it stayed AMAZINGLY, all day, no problem, even better than the Colourstay. The finish looked gorgeous too, when used with my MAC 187.
Don't get me wrong, the coverage, packaging, finish, etc. are still really good, but the problem I have with this foundation is the fragrance. At first, it had that pleasant cucumbery smell that many Rimmel foundations have, but now it has, strangely, a fishy smell? I will add a disclaimer here and say that I'm not sure, but I MAY have left it on a really hot radiator for a few hours, which would definitely have affected the chemical make-up of the foundation, and explain the change in smell. Therefore, as long as you didn't leave it on a radiator, it would be fine. However, I may not have left it on the radiator, and it could have changed smell of its own accord. So, if you read other reviews that mention a fishy odour, and they didn't leave their foundation on a radiator, or even in sunlight, I can validate that this does happen. The smell doesn't linger after the foundation is applied though.
Other than that, a good foundation, at a good price!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Hancocsp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great foundation, I mix this with my Revlon Colorstay and get a great lasting finish on my face. I haven't tested it for wearing on a super long day, but the time I have had it on has been this past hot summer and few times while I was cleaning my horse stalls, and it lasted! Pretty great, and even better is the price! Will repurchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by prantanen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This really lasted on a hot day even enduring rapid temperature changes.

Thanks to MUA, I tried this for the first time and will definitely keep buying. First day I tried it was a grueling test but it passed the test brilliantly.

I was in and out doing errands on a sunny, humid, 92 degree afternoon. Temperature change was drastic as I went from air conditioned stores, walked to car, sat in very hot car for a few minutes until a/c blasted cold air on me.

It also went on easily and is a good match for my fair Scandinavian complexion.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Ambalynn

I go between this and Maybelline Dream Foundation. I work in a Subway, there are always two ovens going at all time and the cheap owners don't like to run the air in Florida summer heat. It lasts my whole shifts. I get so many compliments about how smooth my skin looks. It even lasted twelve hours in 104 weather at Disney in July heat. I say that beats every foundation I have ever tried! :) I wear 300 Sand. :) I apply with a E.L.F flat powder brush for full coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2011 12:40:00 PM More reviews by shell0408

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was recommended this foundation by an Ulta employee who swore by it as her go to foundation in between her name brand foundation purchases for a long wearing foundation. She had normal to dry skin.... I should have known better. Besides the cheap packaging it did give decent coverage and was relatively easy to apply. However I noticed a whitish color streaking through as I applied it...almost like those foundations that come out white and "adjust to your shade" which faded after it dried a little. Since I have such oily skin, I can't confirm whether or not it was long lasting because within an hour I was beyond greasy and so shiny that I washed it off. Prob better suited for dry to normal skin. Noticing the great reviews from people who have more mature skin and typical dryer skin, this may work if you fit into that category. But oily skin consumers, beware.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2011 3:02:00 AM More reviews by Anna001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation gives full coverage yet it looks natural.