on 1/2/2012 4:17:00 PM

I didn't really love this at first, but after I used it for a month or so I found that it is the only foundation type product I own that really makes my skin look flawless. It smooths into my skin so well and helps to hide blemishes, without being too thick or looking flaky. It's wonderfully moisturizing and it doesn't break me out at all. The color works really well for me, but since it only comes in one shade, it may not work for others. I love the packaging because it is compact and easy to use. I would definitely buy this again!

on 12/30/2011 5:36:00 PM

I was really excited to try this product as it was the first bb cream I ever used. I'd heard great things about the natural coverage this product gives and for the cheap price of around $18 on Yesstyle, I ordered it.

PROS: Quite smooth, good price, helped calm the look of redness on my acne-scarred face. I was actually very surprised at how natural this product looked on my skin; it definitely did not look like I was wearing makeup! In fact, I was able to use this in certain spots on my face as a concealer and it blended in with my pale skintone perfectly.
+ NEVER let anyone tell you that bb cream made in Asia is only designed for Asian skin. This product worked quite well, and I've since used a few bb creams which looked FLAWLESS on my white skin.

CONS: This particular product broke me out by the next day of wearing it. I was really dissapointed and figured it must be my acne-prone skin (even though it's mostly just scars now.) However, I passed the product on to my mom so she could try out a bb cream, and while she didn't break out from it, her skin became irritated. Remember, ALWAYS wash bb cream off your face with a makeup removing cleanser!

A sort of PRO & CON for different reasons is the packaging: it's super cute and contains a lot of product, but it's impossible to see how much product you have left and the pump system isn't my personal favourite.

All in all, this bb cream was average but I DO NOT reccomend it for sensitive or acne-prone skin. Right now I'm using an Iope bb cream (for the life of me I can't remember it's name at the moment) and it is substantially better, so search around for the bb cream that is right for you. I will not repurchase this Skin 79 bb cream as it is too harsh and irritating for my skin.

on 12/30/2011 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I adore this product - light texture, good/even coverage and beautiful packaging. It suits my skin tone really well (I'm a pale Asian). The product is of a grey texture after you pump it out but it adjusts to pale skin tones (not sure how it works but it's pretty awesome). I have heard a lot of complaints from my friends (with darker skin complexions) about how pale you have to be to use this product. So skin79 should really introduce darker colour tones.

Overall, excellent product. I love everything about the content and the packaging (except for one thing - the silver cap at the top... it gets dirty easily and I always find myself using tissues to get rid of fingerprints).

I got it for a bit over $15 on ebay. Much cheaper than most foundations! Will definitely continue using this!

on 12/28/2011 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

As much as I love the texture, finish, shine control and coverage of this product, I won't be using it again unless the company expands their color range or if I suddenly decide to undergo skin bleaching MJ style.

on 12/25/2011 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Overall, this BB cream is great.
It matches my skintone very well, maybe one of the best matched for my Asian skin.
Even when I wear it on the hottest day (I'm in ASEAN country so you could imagine) and I sweat a lot, this BB cream stay still.
No breakout so far for 1 week usage.
My skin is oily, but this BB cream gives my skin a natural dewy look after hours. The coverage is also good, gives a flawless look on my face and cover the redness and minor blemishes almost perfectly.
One of the most recommended *wink*

EDIT: It's gives a few comedos if used too often, so I take down the star by 1.

on 12/22/2011 6:53:00 PM

One random afternoon I started to buy a splurge of BB creams since they were having some pretty good deals on eBay for the Christmas holidays so I decided to buy this one and the Missha one since I've always heard good reviews from both. Anyways, onto the product review, I actually just received this a few days ago and the first thing I noticed when I poured out some of the BB cream is that a little goes a LONG way but also that there is a grey tint to it. The grey tint still lingers even after waiting for it to oxidize and it is VERY noticeable if you have yellow/olive undertones such as myself. To fix this, I just put powder over it so that it would match my skin a little bit more. The scent kinda bothered me a little but I eventually got used to it (I'm always cautious around products with scents because I have sensitive skin), if you put on a lot of this product then the scent will become more and more noticeable. This product has not broken me out (so far) and it has actually helped to lighten my acne scarring (& within only a few days to!) but that is not from this product alone, I've also been using BioOil and my PMD tool to help deal with my acne scarring but this BB cream has definitely helped to speed up the process. The coverage is medium at best, it does not cover everything and you will more then likely end up having to use a concealer or a powder on top if you plan on covering any sort of acne and any hyperpigmentation that you might have. Overall, I like the texture of this BB cream, it's very soft and it definitely does not come off as cakey either (I apply with my fingers) but since I do have very oily skin then I do get shiny after a while but that's something that I experience with any face product that I use. I like it so far, just not too fond of the color, but then again, I have yet to find any foundation to actually match my skin tone so I always mix colors anyways. I will keep using this because I do like the whitening/SPF effects it has to help with my acne scarring.

on 12/20/2011 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

After so soo much researching i decided to try the bb cream that eveerybody seemed to be raving about and wow was i disappointed. Now to clarify my skin tone I'm mixed race half white/black and im on the pale side I normally suit beige/natural foundation colours, but this is so sooo pale, literally white and that wouldn't bother me so much if it wasn't for the weird gray undertones, I have a very warm complexion with pink tones and light golden brown hair and it just completely washed me out. Anyone who has any kind of warm skin colour should completely avoid, it will just make you look disgusting. I'll stick with the garnier thanks!
EDIT ~ I love this. I take back my entire previous review. It turns out I was applying at completely wrong. Stopped using my stippling and applied with my fingers it matches my skin tone like a dream, nothing keeps my face so clear and matte i'm already on my second bottle

on 12/17/2011 3:03:00 AM

This is a great BB cream for those with slightly oilier skin. I like to use this as a base to even out my skin tone, I find that it gives pretty natural coverage. It does start off grey, but after oxidizing it suits my NC25 face. It's one of the few products that doesn't aggravate my acne but I wish it were *slightly* more pigmented since I have a ton of acne scarring. But it's a little qualm, and I'll usually just apply MUFE full-cover concealer to the areas that need more coverage, and top everything off with MAC blot powder.
The packaging is cute and I like the pump bottle idea, although it's a pain to travel with as it tends to leak out. What I like to do is decant some into an empty sample container (from MAC or sephora) and carry that with me, while leaving the pink bottle at home. I also wish there was some way to see within the chamber because I never know when I'm running out until it's near the very end (Since I order it online, it's pretty inconvenient since I have to wait a couple of weeks for it to arrive). On average it lasts me about 5 months of daily wear, and this is one of the few "foundations" that I've ever repurchased. I'll probably keep repurchasing until I can find something with slightly better coverage~

on 12/11/2011 1:44:00 PM

A good alternative to foundation I guess, but it makes my face kind of oily, I only use it so that I'm not wasting product, but I'd probably try another brand BB cream after this.

on 12/9/2011 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

It's really good! I'm on my 2nd bottle now. At first it gave some pimples but after my skin got used to it, it's all good! Covered my blemishes well, I don't feel like my skin is suffocating cause it's more water base than oil, as said on the box. :P Although it's a little thick it's not that hard to blend, there's no smell to it, which is sometimes really irritating. It also gave me a nice complexion, my skin also became brighter even without make up on, maybe because of the whitening and UV protection it has. The anti-wrinkle is a big bonus for me too, since I'm really conscious with having wrinkles. :P

Video Reviews & Tutorials