Garnier Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller

on 4/18/2011 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I really, really want to use this product but I cannot because it only comes in one color for which my skin is too dark! I've read in previous reviews that there are 2 colors available, but I cannot find any color other than "sheer tint" online anywhere. For reference, I am an NC42 in MAC, and have "brown" skin. Swatching this on my skin, it just looked chalky because it was so light in comparison to my natural color.

I'm sure this is a great product, but I wish Garnier would make more shades available! I hope another brand comes up with a similar roll-on product so I can at least use it without looking like I put chalk underneath my eyes.

I am only giving this product 1 lippie because it is basically unusable for me. So disappointing because this is such a practical idea for me!

on 4/15/2011 7:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

It glides on smoothly.This product can conceal dark circles. This product did not feel heavy around my eye, even with an eye cream on. There are only 2 colours which may not suit all.
Edit: This product does not go on smoothly on top of sunscreen. And it does not help conceal. Too drying on colder days.

At first I looooved this product. After using it for a longer time, I realized the colour of the actual liquid is TERRIBLE. It WILL NOT match every skin tone and it is so orange. It doesnt make my eyes feel awake, nor is it ridding of my dark circles like it says it will, however it is nicely pigmented and covers my dark circles well. The coolness of the rolling ball is nice too. I'm not sure if i like the idea of the rolling ball to dispense product, though. It always despenses way too much onto the eye and leaves a huge blob. I wouldnt repurchase this product.

on 4/13/2011 3:31:00 AM

I use this product on days that i am in a rush just put some of this on under my eyes buff some mineral powder eye make up and out the door its not like a miracle product which for some reason i thought it would be since ive heard wonders about this on other websites. Ill give it some more time since ive only used it a hand full of times but sk far its been good not great!

on 4/12/2011 3:45:00 PM

I bought this recently as it was 50% off. I had never tried it, but heard a lot of buzz about it so thought I'd give it a whirl.

I can see why people would love it: it is light, pleasantly cooling, and definitely brightening. I toyed with the idea of buying a backup whilst the price was low - but have decided it is just "Not For Me".

No.1, the rollerball itself is a little annoying, product is not easy to control (too much, or nothing at all, etc.) No.2, it is way too sheer to cover anything but the lightest and most youthful of dark circles, and No.3, it stings if it gets into your eyes (which it does easily, as it is quite runny until you blend it in.)

Overall, although I don't want to sabotage its good ratings here, I think the ratings are way too high. Yes it is a great product if all you need is literally a touch of brightening, it does that excellently. Also kudos for never settling into fine lines, icluding those that you never knew you had (cough cough Laura Mercier.) But, for a concealer that will actually disguise darkness, Bobbi Brown correctors are in a whole different league. I will not repurchase this, because if I did, it would be to use on top of another "real" concealer. And life is too short for layering products I say.

on 4/11/2011 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

this product is just mediocre for me. i have pretty severe undereye circles/bags and this doesn't cover them very well. you can still see the darkness but my eyes are not as purple, they are dark bags that are skin coloured. it doesn't depuff your eyes at all. you can still see the circles and bags but not as much. i use this more as highlighter/tinted moisturizer all over to give me anice dewy, even look and i like it for that. but as a undereye concealer, it just isn't enough.

p.s. if you don't have severe dark circles it will look good because i tried it on my friend and it made her mini dark circles disappear.

on 4/11/2011 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a fabulous product for me. I have dark circles but also have sensitive eyes. I am on my third purchase of this. It works so well, and so much better than a traditional concealer. prior to purchasing this I used YSL touche eclat. And alothough I love that as well, this works better for the eye area and at 1/3 the price.

on 4/11/2011 2:10:00 PM

I've been struggling with my dark circles for years, and one of the biggest problems I had would be concealers not staying on my circles. I have dry skin but for some reason, no matter what type of concealer I try, within a couple hours, much of it would have come off, even with primer on underneath and powder on top. This product is amazing though! Not only does it conceal my circles but it also brightens up my face AND it stays on! I find I don't even reach for my MAC concealors anymore. I can just use this on its own, or on worse days where I only got 2 hours of sleep, I put on a little bit of foundation and then blend this on top. Works like a charm and it's so easy to use! Definitely recommend!

on 4/11/2011 10:15:00 AM

After trying several concealers for my under eye dark circles, i finally found the one that works! All the other concealers crease and make me look older! This one is amazing as its doesnt settle in creases and gives good coverage.
Great buy!

on 4/8/2011 2:34:00 AM

a very good under eye concealer indeed.. not cakey but provides a good coverage, gets a little oily along the day though.. prep your under eye with some powder if you're using mascara.. for the oiliness may make your mascara smudges throughout the day..
i have been using it for almost a year now.. got my first when i went to Australia.. they don't have this product here in Indonesia, so i have to ask my friend who's studying in Australia to bring it for me.. $16aud is a bit pricey for Garnier product, for it is considered as a mid-low product here in Indonesia..