August 22, 2014 | 1169 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Professional Super Thick Lash Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2005 1:38:00 AM More reviews by TrinaD

Initially I liked this mascara for the thick, black natural lash look it provided. After about one month of use though, I found that the tube got really messy around the rim with large blobs of mascara forming that either attached to the brush or fell off into the sink when I opened the top. I'm not one for tissuing off excess mascara from the tube as I don't think this should be necessary if the design is effective. The application also worsened towards the end of it's life (3 months). I found that it didn't apply evenly and left thick clumps in areas due to product overload on the brush. Sure, my lashes looked thicker but only because of the nasty looking excess layer that formed an obvious coating! Perhaps I just got one of those "bad tubes" that one reviewer referred to. Regardless, I've purchased a Maybelline mascara to see how I like it in my search for the perfect fit for my desired look.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2005 7:59:00 PM More reviews by kentuckygal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i love this mascara it is my hg mascara! it is very thickening and lengthining, also holds a curl well. isnt very clumpy either. i love this its my favorite mascara with fantastic lash being my 2nd favorite. i will definately buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2005 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Snowing

A freelance make-up artist actually recommended this to me. She said why pay for expensive ones when you need to replace them so often. She said on the odd occasion that she has slept in her make-up there were no smudges. I decided to give it a try and she was right.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2005 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Artemis123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Super thick lash is actually quite a good mascara for the price. The best thing I look about it is the lack of racoon eyes... it's the one mascara that never smudges and barely flakes... I've tried a lot that can cause flaking smudging etc - really annoying... the thickness is OK, not bad, again pretty good for the price - Voluminous mascara by Loreal is still my favourite though =)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2005 5:06:00 PM More reviews by stardivina14

This is an okay mascara. It does give lots of volume and makes my lashes thick, but only if it was paired with another mascara. On it's own, it clumped my lashes together and made them spidery thin. If I have a mascara underneath, then apply this, it's better, but you can see little clumps of mascara on my lashes, and you can't get rid of them without rubbing the mascara off. The packaging sucks, all the excess mascara clumps at the top of the bottle so it gets on the brush when I pull it out. It does hold a curl though, and I really wish I could keep it because of that since I havn't bought a mascara that holds a curl. Boo =( I probably won't purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2005 2:06:00 AM More reviews by happygirl1

Just like the previous reviewer, I bought this based on the great reviews that I read here, and thanks to them, I think I have found my HG mascara! I have tried Lancome, Benefit, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Maybelline, among many others, and this mascara blows them all out of the water. I have long, thick lashes naturally, but they're lighter than my dark hair, so I like wearing mascara to bring more attention to them. All the other mascara's I've tried make my eyelashes clumpy, stuck together, and smeary-eyed by mid-day. NOT THIS STUFF THOUGH! Cover Girl Super Thick Lash separates, doesn't clump, thickens, lengthens, and gives the most natural looking lashes while enhancing them at the same time. Most mascaras look harsh and made up when wearing on lower lashes, but this looks perfect. I bought this in black/brown, and it's just right for me, as black mascaras seem to be too harsh for my face. I like the red tube packaging, and when the wand comes out of the tube, I don't get any big globs that I would have to wipe off. Yay! Target carries this for about $4.50-ish... can't get much better than that. :)
EDITED 5/3/06: Although I like this mascara a lot, I will not repurchase. I found out that whenever I rubbed my eyes, they'd burn like CRAZY. After a few trials to eliminate the possibilities, I found out it was this mascara. If you're not an eye-rubber, this is a good product. Downgrading from 5 to 3.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2005 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Huloh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just bought this mascara yesterday because of reading reviews here, and you know what? I really like it! I NEVER find a mascara I like, I have short thin lashes. So I have practically no volume or length. This mascara is real good for me, it adds length and gives me a thick effect pretty good. I don't want a natural look, I want super lashes! and this is pretty close. I have practically no curl in my lashes but this actually adds curl and holds them up good if you brush them up that way. You can put several coats on top of eachother without it looking really clumpy or spider leg like. The tube is nice, slim and simple. It's red which I think is cool. It is a much much better mascara than the one I was using before, maybelline volum exress (see review) the tube to that mascara was chunky and ugly and it didn't do much for me at all. This mascara is good for around $5! I will be using this from now on.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2005 12:16:00 PM More reviews by lovecosmetics

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm on my 3rd tube of this and I love it! It doesn't flake or smear and it washes off easily with normal cleanser. I can't believe I've wasted so much money on other mascaras that were't even close to this good!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2005 1:19:00 PM More reviews by ADouglas

This mascara is a total flake! I bought this mascara based on all the rave reviews here. This stuff didn't do it for me. By lunchtime the mascara had flaked under my lower lashes. It looked like I had no mascara actually left on my lashes. Anyway, I'll stick with my Max Factor 2000 calorie, which does none of these things and lasts all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2005 2:55:00 PM More reviews by gruveechik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i still say this mascara is fabulous - however - there may be an occasional not-so-great tube. My 4th tube was like that - a bit too clumpy - but still good.