Lancome Hypnose Drama

3.3

Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire Dabeille, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth-20, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Phenethyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Phenoxyethanol . May Contain/Peut Contenir : CI 77266/Black 2, CI 77499/Iron Oxides.

on 4/20/2010 3:09:00 AM

It lengthens- but it also clumps up a storm.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is the first Lancome product I've ever owned. I received a sample size of this from a kind MA when making a large Armani purchase a month ago. I ignored this mascara for a few weeks and then tried it out. Wow!

This is a fantastic volumizer. It builds nicely, though I generally only use one swipe. It can make my (long) eyelashes truly horrifically long (ie, touching my eyebrows long.) But it's volumizing abilities ... wow!!! This lives up to my old love, Dior's long-discontinued Maximeyes.

There are some cons to this. It does flake a little, and it takes a while to dry. The flaking really is minimal, though. Also, though it ostensibly comes in both black and brown, I've only ever found the black. And it does not come in a waterproof version, either.

About my eyelashes:
I have long blonde eyelashes. They're not thick (can eyelashes be thick?) but not thin, either. I've never needed to use a curler on them, since they curl up naturally on their own. So I have no idea whether this mascara can 'hold' a curl or not (it did not affect my natural curl, though.)

on 4/13/2010 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I don't know why there are so many bad review of this product - I really like it. I've only been using it for a few days so maybe my opinion will change but it's been a positive experience so far.
I went to the makeup counter and asked the lady for something that would give good volume and told her that i didnt need a "lengthening mascara" because my eyelashes are already pretty long. She showed me this new mascara and (maybe it was an impulse buy) she was wearing it and it looked great!
When i put it on the next day i saw the cons to it - The brush was a little tricky to maneuver and i did accidentally touch it to my eyelid a couple of times and also i was impatient and made it clump, but now after trying it for a couple days and figuring out how to use the brush and being patient it goes on so smoothly and my lashes look fantastic!

on 4/12/2010 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Like I said before and I'll say again. I really am not a Lancome person.... but I was really surprised by this mascara. I am one to wear fake lashes so when I tried this I was pleased with the fact that it built volume really well and fast and length as well. I hate the original formula of this mascara (hypnose) but I would definitely would recommend this one!

on 4/10/2010 10:57:00 PM

Being a lover of the original Hypnose I decided to try this after the lady at the lancome counter said such good things about it. Do not fall for it. I brought it home thinking I was going to have the most lucious lashes in the world, but the brush that's supposed to be so easy to use is horrible! The forumula is way too thin and takes forever to dry and the brush holds a LOT of it. And being the idiot I am I threw the receipt away before i tried it because I thought all lancome products were amazing. I won't be doing that again

I loved this for about a week - until it started getting extremely clumpy, quicker than any other mascara I have ever had, cheap brands included. For the first week it gave me beautiful long and thick lashes, but now it just leaves a clumpy mess. Too expensive for a few days of pretty lashes. But I still like it a lot more than the regular Hypnose which I disliked from the very beginning.

on 4/2/2010 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This new mascara from Lancome offers a unique brush in an "S" shape. It works great and makes my lashes look as if I almost have false eyelashes on. The down side I can see for many people however is that unless the beauty advisor explains to you at the counter how to use it can be a bit confusing in regards to correct application. My advise to anyone is to sit down and let a beauty advisor explain how to properly apply the mascara. I also like the fact that it also doesn't feel like my lashes are being weighed down by overly coated. Absolutely one of Lancome's better mascaras out there right now.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I am really liking this! I had the Smoky Lash but it flaked sooo badly! I learned from the SA at the Lancome counter that the brush is to be used on the curved side, to coat the lashes, and the other is used to separate the lashes. (I know, both sides are curved, but she showed me how to do it). I loved the Fatale, and can't find anything like it. I hope this replaces it, but I won't put it up to HG status just yet...

on 3/29/2010 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

What a horrible mess. You couldn't even see the brush from all the mascara on the wand. I have never seen mascara this awful. I just went to the Chanel counter and picked up what Jennifer Aniston wore at the premiere of the bounty hunter. It's called inimitable and her lashes looked beautiful....we shall see! As for this, it goes back tomorrow!

on 3/29/2010 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Horrible, horrible, horrible. Clumpy and stinging! Aweful! I have used Definicils in the past and it is ok-a good standby. Especially if you get it in a bonus. I think this is a waste of time and money unless you want a clumpy mascara that never comes off!!!!!!!!!!!! I even use the Lancome makeup remover which is the best and the crap would not come off and it took 15 lashes with it! I love the look of dramatic eyelashes as I have a lot of them but they are straight. Avon Superfull for 2.99 is the best mascara yet. Do not waste your money!!!!!!!!!

Popular Mascaras