Lancome Hypnose Drama

3.2

Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire Dabeille, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth-20, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Phenethyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Phenoxyethanol . May Contain/Peut Contenir : CI 77266/Black 2, CI 77499/Iron Oxides.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Always tempted to try new mascaras, I decided to give this one a shot after the SA at Sephora raved about it. I was expecting something much better than this mediocre performance, especially given the reputation Lancome has built for their mascaras. I like a lot of volume in my mascara formula, and the ability to hold a curl. Length isn't a huge priority since my lashes are already pretty long.

This has a rich black color, but other than that I can't see what makes this any more special than an average drugstore mascara. It pulled my curl right out, it has an obnoxious fragrance, and it didn't add volume. It clumped my lashes together in an odd way: they were very thin, pointed, spidery pieces. I find it funny that this doesn't even clump in a thickening sort of way. My lashes had a brittle texture as well. It looked like I had cut the amount of my lashes in half.

The brush shape adds nothing to this at all, other than make it unwieldy to manipulate. No flaking that I could see, but it did smudge quite a bit and I don't have a problem with oily skin or eyelids at all. To top it all off, it irritated my eyes so badly that I had to wash it off in under an hour.

I would prefer going without mascara to using this, and that's saying something since I truly adore wearing mascara. Back to Sephora it goes, and luckily my sister (who was shopping with me at the time and considering this mascara as well) held off from buying one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After using Lancome Hypnose almost exclusively for 5+ years now, I regrettably fell for the marketing ruse of Hypnose Drama, the WORST mascara I've ever bought-- including cheap ones from convenience stores.

I got hooked on Hypnose because back in high school, girls would occasionally ask if those were my REAL eyelashes. When I went to Sephora to get a new tube earlier this month, I saw the Drama product and stupidly grabbed it without Googling reviews on my iPhone like I usually do. Lancome basically abused its customers' loyalty and trust in the brand's consistent high quality.

This mascara flakes all over my face no matter what I do. In various combination, I have rubbed the excess off the wand, applied right out of the tube, done one coat, two coats, used makeup remover to assure clean lashes, three different types of lash brush tools.

Unless I apply very lightly (and sometimes even then), I find myself scraping off clumps of mascara with my fingers and in the process yanking out at least a lash or two with each wear.

BOTTOM LINE: DO NOT BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so mad at Lancome that I'm searching MA for alternatives to the original Hypnose , also, because obviously there are some quality control problems at a once very reputable company.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This mascara is so far my fave!! It is sort of like the dior show blackout, it creates full plumped lashes leaving no clumps. I recently just purchased this and I wear it everyday. Its is great for night wear especially with fake lashes, and makes your eyes pop!!
It doesnt smudge, and it is waterproof I bought this in black and its perfect.! got it for special, $37 with eye makeup remover and eye liner (voucher and sale) so i was impressed.
I would purchase this again because it makes my lashes heaps longer!! You can apply as much as you want it wont clump ur lashes...
the best mascara so far for me. =)

I'm a big fan of Lancome Hypnose, so I thought this would be great-- like hypnose, only bigger and better.

Maybe I just need to try it with an eyelash comb, which is something I've never had to do with any other mascara, but this is some clumpy mascara. With one coat, my eyelashes (which aren't super thick, but not thin either) were in three little pointy patches on my eyelid. I guess that means it volumizes, but there is no separation in this mascara.

I will see what it does with a comb, but I think I'll stick with original hypnose.

I bought this because it says that it is good for contact lens wearers and won't clump or flake. This stuff is so clumpy that I had to take a tissue and take almost all of the mascara off the wand and try to build it one light coat at a time. It flakes and irritates my eyes within about five hours.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Awful.. Product

Save your time / money!

This is just like the regular hypnose....clumpy clumpy and clumpy...but it does volumize for dramatic lashes...will not buy again

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

At first I loved this product, I've never used a mascara that accelerates my eyelashes as much as this one and initially believed it was the best I'd ever used.

However, my excitement faded extremely quickly, after about a week the mascara brush became clumpy with mascara build up which made application difficult. Also I found that when on my eyelashes, mascara would flake off into my eyes which was obviously quite uncomfortable!

Though the mascara lives up to the hype at first, for the 19.99 price tag, it's not a product I'd recommend.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This mascara is great. It gives the volume it promises, and the color is a decent black. However, the curved wand picks up globs of product. Then the glob of product ends up in my lashes, so I end up brushing it with a lash comb everytime, getting it messy everywhere around my eye. It does not dry quickly either. I find it extremely clumpy. It does not leave my lashes soft, but rather crunchy and dry.

Wow! I looove this mascara. I am always on the hunt for that perfect HG, and I buy a new mascara practically every week. Definitely one of my favs. Love most of the Lancome mascaras to be honest. This one will ideed give you that dramatic look, just gorgeous. When you first try it, it will clump and stick, but after a few uses, it works perfectly. I like mascaras that give me long full thick lashes, and so far, this one and Oscillation are my favs

P.S. try using hypnose drama and a lengthening mascara, you will be amazed!

Popular Mascaras