December 18, 2014 | 1716 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Drama

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2010 3:33:00 PM More reviews by 2westies

This was my first Lancome mascara and based on my experience it might be my last. I've waited months before reviewing to give it the benefit of the doubt, since most mascaras require some break-in period. On the plus side, the tube seems to go on and on and on; I've been using it for months and it shows no sign whatsoever of drying out. But to call that a plus is kind of like praising a restaurant with really lousy food just because they give huge portions. Product is super wet, goopy, clumpy, messy, lashes look crusty and overly mascara-ed, and not in a good way. Given the eccentric brush shape I assume it's meant to have a sweet spot, but however much I repositioned and rotated the brush, for the life of me I couldn't find it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2010 8:08:00 PM More reviews by lisant72

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this mascara! With one swipe my lashes are huge and curled and so thick - they look amazing. The brush also finds all of the little lashes - bonus! Plus it feels very light on and not heavy or irritating.
Best mascara ever - if you do get clumps just wipe excess off brush first - but I love this and I love how my eyelashes look and I love the compliments!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2010 11:38:00 AM More reviews by dioraddict84

Oh Lancome...ever notice how they come out with a new mascara, at least 2, every year. This year they are coming out with one called Hypnose Precious Cells (they also have a face cream called Absolue Precious Cells which is for mature skin). Anyway this is Hypnose Drama, which has a huge curved brush. Hypnose classic is a great mascara, you can build the volume up to six times. With this mascara, you only need one or two coats max. I do find it to be quite clumpy but I guess they are trying to compete with Diorshow.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by automaticprincess

Love love love this mascara....I don't understand all the negatives...just swipe the brush a bit to get the excess off and it really isn't that clumpy! I love it even better than the regular hynose!! Makes my lashes super long and thick!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2010 6:32:00 AM More reviews by Bossanova

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wish I had read reviews here before purchasing. This mascara is awful. I agree with most of what the most recent reviewers have said. It clumps, it does not really provide volume, it basically made my lashes look really bad.

Worst of all is that since I started using it, I noticed that more and more of my lashes started falling out. I really don't know if I had some kind of reaction to it, or whether it was my new eyeliner from MAC, or something else altogether, but since it was mostly the top lashes falling out, I would think it was the mascara... Anyway, can't tell for sure but I've stopped using it completely, because apart from performing very badly as a mascara, my lashes started to look weakened, thin, different sizes etc.

Not recommending and never repurchasing! :(

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2010 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Mandim508

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really impressed with a trial size version of the regular Hypnose by Lancome, so I asked for this one for the holidays (still can't justify spending my own money on this). I like it a lot now, but it took me a while. I wanted to like it so bad, so I used it all the time. Now that I have a reasonable amount of product left in the bottle, the mascara doesn't load up on the brush as much. In the beginning, I would sit and pick clumps off of my lashes and then get really frustrated at the new flat mounds that I had created. Even though now the brush and product seem to be working fine together, it shouldn't have taken me half of a bottle to get to a point where the mascara works perfectly. For the price, it should be exceptional from beginning to end.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2010 12:30:00 PM More reviews by varga100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

A total stinker. Wand is overloaded and it goes on really clumpy. This started flaking on me a few hours later. Returning. Bah!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by AmandaEve011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I returned this the next day. I was so excited to try this and it was a flop. Clumped, it was a mess, and it did nothing that it said. Not at all impressed, in fact I'm surprised its on the market.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2009 6:48:00 PM More reviews by tiramisu101

Hypnose is one of my alltime favorites, so I thought I'd give this a try.

Hypnose Drama worked well but only with my being extra careful not to get clumps since the wand really loads up with the mascara. I use an eyelash curler and primer, and only one or two coats.

I'm undecided whether I'll just go back to my regular Hypnose. Although there is a difference in volume and intense blackness with Hypnose Drama, I don't know if it's worth the extra effort to avoid huge goopy clumps.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2009 11:25:00 AM More reviews by myfakeyelashes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lancome mascaras are the best. Period. And I loved Hypnose, so I figured, Why not take a chance on a bigger, more dramatic version? But here's the deal with me and Hypnose Drama. It's a great mascara for me. My eyelashes are longer, fuller, perfect --- for a few hours. Then it just fades away. It doesn't flake, it just seems to evaporate. If it didn't do this, it'd be my perfect mascara.