E.L.F. Eyebrow Kit

4.3

Brow Gel Ingredient:Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil) , Ricinus Comunis (Castor) Seed Oil , Talc , Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax , Ozokerite , Methylisothiazolinone , Caprylyl glycol May Contain:Iron Oxides(CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499) , Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Brow Powder Ingredient:Talc , Mica , Caprylic/Caprictriglycerides , Hydrogenated Polyisobutene , Sodium Dehydroacetate May Contain: Iron Oxide(CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499)

on 1/15/2012 12:57:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Cute little kit, perfect colour match. The formula of the gel is not the best and you need to apply quite a lot, but for the price I don't mind.

I got it in 'Ash' and it works great for my very dark (black) eyebrows, as it doesn't give that orangy brown shade that most kits for dark brows do. And the powder side, even if it seems light (or much lighter than the gel) on the picture and in the pan, it turns out darker on the brows.
I recommend this kit for light brows as well, as it adapts to your brows colour.

on 1/14/2012 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really was disappointed with this. It took ages to apply a decent amount, which isn't practical. I didn't like the texture either. Fair enough it was dirt cheap but I wouldn't buy it again. Huge disappointment, definitely wouldn't reccomend!!!

I don't have anything to compare this to as this was the first brow product I ever bought, so take with a grain of salt :)

I am pretty fond of this little kit. I don't love the brush but I consider that a minor drawback. Other aspects of the packaging are pretty awful, though--it looks nice and sleek right out of the box, but within days both the pans popped out for me, and then the little window did as well. I glued the pans back in but now I have exposed product because the window broke when it fell out. Kinda gross. I'll probably just buy another to replace and handle it more carefully, since it was so cheap, but beware this knocking around in your makeup bag.

That said, the product functions as promised and is a heck of a deal. Even the gel by itself is great and long-wearing for me, although it can be clumpy if I am not careful. Nothing a quick combthrough with a spoolie won't fix, though, even if I screw up. Paired with the powder I get even longer wait and a great, natural-looking brow.

As mentioned above, I've never tried any other brow products (except a couple of crappy pencils) but I am having a hard time imagining using something else and thinking, "Wow! This leaves ELF in the dust!" since this functions perfectly well and looks great and holds up. Were it not for the awful, flimsy compact I'd have awarded this a five. As it is, it gets a solid four and my vote for a rebuy.

on 1/6/2012 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have this product. & really love it. Except that the brush is too small. Other than that, love how the gel & powder sets on my eyebrow :)

on 1/3/2012 11:47:00 PM

Really really good pigmentations for both the gel and powder part.
Does not fade or smudge in anyway.

Gives definition to brows that already have some hair on it.
I mean, you can't use it as a brow pencil, because it will only stay on if you have brow hair to be grabbed on to.

on 12/28/2011 11:54:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my first brow kit, so you are welcome to take my review with a grain of salt because I have nothing to compare it to. I really like this brow kit a lot- I find that the light shade is a perfect match for my dark strawberry blond hair. The applicator brush is two-sided- one stiff, angled brush for the wax; and one fluffier brush for the powder. The brush is a little small and hard to handle at times, so you may want to invest in some full-sized tools. The wax and powder last all day, especially when I use a clear brow gel at the end (elf makes a great one of those, too!). I never used to invest much time into shaping and caring for my eyebrows (let alone filling them in...), but I'm finding that well-groomed brows really do go a long way!
Love this!

on 12/26/2011 5:39:00 PM

I was pleasantly surprised with this brow kit. I have tried other, more expensive brands and love those, but of course am always wanting to try something new. I had this on a wish list and received it for xmas. I picked out the ash shade. My natural hair color is a light-medium brown with an ash hue - needless to say, I color my hair. ;) But my eyebrows are ash and I like to use something that blends in with them. This color was perfect. The little brush it comes with isn't too bad, but I suggest investing in a nice firm angled brush for the gel. The powder sets the brow gel, but I think it might be a bit too light. At this great price, I might try the next darker color.

on 12/23/2011 9:07:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

First time using a eyebrow product like this. And I love it. I wanted to try this one before going and buy the Benefit one. But now i found this one I don't think there is a need to buy a much more expensive one!

I will start by saying I have very blonde eyebrows. So finding something to match the color just to fill them in a bit it quite hard. I like this product but they dont have a shade light enough for me! If the gel was clear it would work a lot better for me. That being said... if i had darker eyebrows then this would be a top contender because for 3 dollars you cant beat it. The gel helps shape nicely and the powder fills in nicely. I

on 12/14/2011 11:50:00 AM

i really love this eyebrow kit! i have very light skin and blonde hair so a lot of bow products can be a bit to dark for me but the lighest shades work great. i love the wax it really fills and sets my brows for the day. it would be great if they included a highlighter sort of like the nyx push up bra for eyes does. but for 3 bucks i can use another product for that lol. great price and its lasted me over a year and its still going.

Popular Brows Products