April 17, 2014 | 1486 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2010 6:32:00 AM More reviews by jennadev74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This was a very nice oil, it made my hair super soft and great for flat iron, smells awesome, only need a tiny bit for my fine hair so the bottle is gonna last a long time. Expensive but defenitely worth it :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2010 9:00:00 AM More reviews by tatt2thruandthru

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a review for the MORROCAN OIL LIGHT. I'm not certain if it is a newer product and that is why it hasn't been listed on it's own yet.

I really enjoy this product a lot. I have fine natural ash blonde hair that goes past my butt. Having hair that long can be a nightmare, especially with it being fine. This applied to damp hair, immediately makes it manageable, brushable, soft and adds a natural sheen. It does NOT make it look greasy even after several days of no wash. The only downfall is the price, but I will live with that and repurchase. OH! and I wish it was sold with a pump, it is a slight pain.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2010 2:29:00 PM More reviews by GRACEME13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i loveee morrocan oil because of the way it smells...i have the morrocan oil serum...personally i feel like it works just as well as any other hair serum....i am just obsessed with the smell

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2010 12:30:00 AM More reviews by abbyyyy

I have medium to long hair that has a natural lose curl to it. My hair dresser recommended me this product a couple of vists ago, and I had been using it happily for a variety of months - about four months. I thought it was doing a world of good for my hair, but my hair kept getting drier and drier over time, causing me to use more and more. I was oblivious, as some of you may also be, to the fact that the silicones in this product are non-water soluble, and therefore they build up over time, coating the hair shaft and locking out any moisture your conditioner may be giving your hair. I stopped using this and my matrix curl.life curl milk, which also contains non-water soluble cones and my hair is so much softer after about three or four days already. I can feel the difference. This may give you a temporary fix to great hair, but over time it does more damage than good.

Not to mention the bottle is horribly designed and very hard to travel with, and it is hard not to spill too much product out of the bottle when using it.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2010 12:11:00 AM More reviews by milliejim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love it!!! Can not go without it. Love the smell and it seals any split ends, adds brilliance to my hair .

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2010 11:59:00 PM More reviews by NearPerfect9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using Aveda's Brilliance (the liquid oil) on my color-treated, naturally curly, fine-but-thick (if that makes sense) hair for years. My hair is dry in general, and heat styling and coloring don't help, so an oil really helps to moisturize my hair before styling.

My hairstylist recommended Moroccan Oil, and I thought I'd give it a try. I love the Moroccan Oil Glimmer Shine Spray (more so than the Aveda spray), and I love the smell of Moroccan Oil products, so I tried it. I'm very disappointed. :(

Basically, if I use enough to adequately moisturize my hair, it's too thick and oily, if that makes sense. I feel it doesn't penetrate the cuticle. It seems to sit on top of the hair shaft, wearing it down and looking greasy... my HG oil (the Aveda) is absorbed by the hair.

Also, the packaging stinks - it has a screw-off cap. I much prefer something with a pump so I can get the product out easily. And to make it even worse, this stuff is extremely expensive, almost twice the cost per ounce of the Aveda.

So, back to the salon it went. I can think of one positive thing to say about it, and that is that I LOVE the smell. It smells amazing - I'm sensitive to a lot of fragrances, but I really like the Moroccan Oil smell.

I've heard that this works better for coarse/ethnic hair, so if that's your hair type, it may be worth trying for the scent alone. If you have more fine or medium textured hair, I don't recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff it is amazing. I wish id known about this years ago.. Or my whole life. I had a friend purchase this for me bc she has a hair liscence and the store where its available u need one : ( it was around $30 for the bigger bottle 3.4 fl oz or 100ml which i was weary bout forkin out that much for the bottle but its worth every penny. Believe me i hate spendin that much $ on anything and i was thinkin it would last 2 weeks but all u need is dime size amount in palm and rub into hands to cnat then run and comb thru washed hair with fingers. Focusing on dryer areas too.. Thats how i mainly use it well every time i wash my hair. I also add a teeny bit to hair dye to help with breakage. Its amazing.. Ive had this for 5 monthr and not even half way thru. U can also use on dry hair to help frizz or flyaways.. BEST EVER for my dry damaged dyed blonde brittle hair. Ive tried used everything so my hair wouldnt look damaged for many years and at last this makes my hair look and feel soft.. Ahhh! Im tellin u b4 id shampoo then normal conditioner then deep treatment and leave in for whole shower then rinse and then a glob of deep conditioner combed thru and leave in (and hot oil treatment few times weekly) so with that id then have to use leave in conditioner and detangling spray every time just to brush out hair so it didnt look that bad and now i shampoo wash condition maybe deep condition and 1x weekly hot oil treat and rinse then when done with shower use this esp at ends and dryer spots combed thru with fingers and wait for it to absorb then spray a leave in (dont really have to?) And combin is so easy and air dry my hair feels and looks incredible! My bf even noticed.. A rare first he loves touchin my hair now.. I dont shed that much anymore. Whats great is i dont think u could use to much. It dont look oily its great.. Try it u wont be disappointed at least im not i wont ever go without this again my head/hair will hate me if i do! Only little bother is that its a glass bottle with twist cap sn be careful!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2010 11:12:00 PM More reviews by kdough2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Amazingggggg

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2010 10:40:00 PM More reviews by ohplease

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

How well this works for you depends entirely on your hair type. On my dry, frizzy, wavy and somewhat curly hair, two nickel-size amounts applied to my hair would disappear and smooth it a bit, but certainly not tame the frizz to any great extent. On fine hair, it would be an oily disaster even in very small amounts. If you must try it, buy the tiny bottle on ebay. For dry, frizzy hair, try a mayonnaise mask. I kid you not--it works better than all of the expensive salon deep conditioning treatments I've tried in my life. And your hair gets shinier with successive shampoos!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2010 6:17:00 AM More reviews by missmei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have thick, coarse, Asian hair and found that this product made my hair heavy and oily. I found that I had to wash it a lot sooner than usual and I needed to wash my hair after 1-2 days.
It is quite expensive and when I had a chat to another hairdresser, she was saying that it's quite common for that to happen and suggested using it as part of your conditioner.
I first used it as an after shower hair moisturiser and my hair didn't like it. Then I have been using it as part of my hair cleansing routine (I use Wen).
It smells nice enough. The version I have has a lot of silicone based products in it and so that's why it gets heavy and oily. I definitely do not recommend using it every day.
I think next time I would try to find a 100% organic argan oil, even though the price is exey!