October 30, 2014 | 1450 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2010 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Beth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My former stylist in Baltimore used Moroccan Oil prooducts on my hair when it first came out, so I thought I'd try the original oil. My hair always came out very soft after he colored it. Good points: It does do what it say it will do. I usually apply a dime-sized amount to towel-dried hair and let it dry naturally. My hair is definitely soft when it's fully dry. Bad points: Have you read the label? Argan oil, the putative miracle worker in this cocktail, is way down the ingredient list. Silicones are the first couple of listings. For $15USD for a teeny tiny 1 oz. bottle of the stuff, I expect argan oil to be higher and silicones to be lower. Plus, for a lower price DHC After-Bath Hair Treatment Emulsion achieves a better result on my hair. Big fat piece of hype.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2010 5:31:00 PM More reviews by sdr95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This makes hair uuuuuuber soft and shiny. It's nice for whenever you do an occasional blowout. It cuts drying time and adds so much shine and silkiness. But it's definitely not something to use everyday as it can definitely cause build up due to it's silicones that aren't water soluble

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2010 1:36:00 AM More reviews by acarthur

I have to say I am a bit disappointed with this product. I had heard of so many positive things about it so finally decided to splurge and try some. I have thick, curly, colour treated hair and it is very frizz prone, especially during the humid months. I have been using for about 2 weeks now and it helps a little with the frizz, but doesn't make my hair feel very conditioned. Nor does it do a very good job when using a straightening iron. The packaging is not very good either -it needs a pump. Think I will stick to using my Kerasaste Oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2010 1:40:00 AM More reviews by AshleyMegan00

Great product. Great smell. Does not leave your hair looking too oily even if you accidentally put too much! It is a little pricey...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2010 12:56:00 AM More reviews by didi123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have thin damaged hair from a hair perm and 3 colorings done in 1 year. My hair ends are basically splitting and breaking.This product has been doing a marvelous job at making my hair looks shinier and healthier. My hair is also a lot less tangled now. The product bottle is really small and its a little on the expensive side for the quantity offered, but with this product, you only need to use a tiny drop or 2 and its sufficient to make it work, so a small bottle does last a long time. I love the smell too, which is like a nice-smelling aromatherapy-type of smell. The oil does not weigh the hair down and the shine and healthy effect basically last right to the next hairwash (which for me is every 3 days).

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2010 2:19:00 AM More reviews by holymell

I have very damaged hair, and I have tried a SLEW of products to help restore it to the point where I am not embarrassed of it.

Okay, where to start....

As I am sure others have mentioned, the Argan oil is like the fourth ingredient. This oil has more DIMETHICONE than it does Argan oil. Dimethicone is a cheap, water insoluble silicone that can be found in just about every cheap drugstore conditioner. This is what is making your hair so smooth and 'healthy.' I'm not a scientist or a hair stylist or anything, but I would think that the Dimethicone would coat the hair before the moroccan oil could even get a chance to enter the strand...I could be wrong, so don't trust my opinion on that.

My results with this have been just okay. I have found conditioners and leave-in treatments that are MUCH easier on the pocketbook that work much better than this does, even though my hair reacts amicably to silicones, this stuff seems to just add a bit of shine, and detangles my hair slightly.

I spent fifteen dollars on less than an ounce of product and yes, a little DOES go a long way, but honestly, I could have spent that fifteen dollars and bought two bottles of my favorite conditioner instead. This works alright, but it's nothing special, certainly not the holy grail of hair products that everyone seems to be alluding to...

I try to use this every few days as the silicones will build up and not allow any other nourishment in. The smell disgusted me at first, and reminded me of incense. Now I love the smell...don't know what that's about. Anyway, I would advise anyone that uses this product to use it sparingly, not every single day, and if you are using other expensive hair products, then make sure that you wash this stuff out (it will take a clarifying shampoo, FYI) before you use those, if you want to reap the benefits of anything else.

Also, dispensation can be difficult, but it's not impossible. Just tip the bottle upside down on your hand and flip it back over. Remove your hand, and what is left on your hand should be sufficient. If not, repeat the process.

I just don't see what's so amazing about this. It's a huge waste of money, in my opinion, mainly because the main ingredients are silicones that you can find in anything at the drug store...

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2010 7:46:00 AM More reviews by dashie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This definatley works! it will repair and restore hair really well and quickly. However i have found that after a while your hair becomes immune to it and it begins to be less effective? But maybe this is just me i am not sure. Also, do not apply too much or your hair will look greasy. Keep away from hair roots otherwise your hair will look dirty. Overall, i am pleased with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2010 7:13:00 PM More reviews by gloomy20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this Moroccan Oil, it really makes my hair softer, healthier and shinier. I really do see a difference since my hair was dry and dull looking with broken ends. My hair is long and I only use a little tiny bit of this oil every time after I wash my hair. If applied too much, it can make your hair oily and heavy otherwise with the right amount, it's just perfect. I have the 3.4 fl.oz bottle for about 4 months now and I only used 1/5 of it so I can say that it will last for a very long time. As for the scent, I like it but don't love it. As for the packaging, I really like it since there's no pomp with it, you can easily control the quantity of product you need. And for the price, omg this product is so so so expensive! 37$CAD! A reasonnable price would be... let's say 20$.... But whatever, I'll buy it again and again when I will finish this bottle (un less I find something better and cheaper) because like I said, it really makes my hair healthier so .. I need it...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2010 6:32:00 AM More reviews by jennadev74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This was a very nice oil, it made my hair super soft and great for flat iron, smells awesome, only need a tiny bit for my fine hair so the bottle is gonna last a long time. Expensive but defenitely worth it :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2010 9:00:00 AM More reviews by tatt2thruandthru

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a review for the MORROCAN OIL LIGHT. I'm not certain if it is a newer product and that is why it hasn't been listed on it's own yet.

I really enjoy this product a lot. I have fine natural ash blonde hair that goes past my butt. Having hair that long can be a nightmare, especially with it being fine. This applied to damp hair, immediately makes it manageable, brushable, soft and adds a natural sheen. It does NOT make it look greasy even after several days of no wash. The only downfall is the price, but I will live with that and repurchase. OH! and I wish it was sold with a pump, it is a slight pain.