April 21, 2014 | 1032 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is by far my favorite bronzer. I use it not only on my face, but neck and chest as well. It's great as no glitter, or overt shine/shimmer to it. Stays put all day. BeneFit makes wonderful blush/bronzers. I prefer this to my Bare Minerals Faux Tan.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by CupCakeEllie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE HOOLA, it is my favorite bronzer. I have been using this since it came out. I have gone through 3 boxes. The color is really flattering to most skin tones. The best thing about it is no touch ups. This bronzer will last forever.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2011 1:14:00 AM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am NC40-42 and I bought this for contouring my cheeks. I have put on some weight recently and needed something to slim down my round face. I didn't want anything too dark, orange toned, or shimmery so this works well. It looks pretty natural on me as well. My only beef is that it's slightly chalky which is disappointing because it isn't cheap. I am not someone who can splurge on expensive makeup very often. Secondly, I do feel that it is just a TAD too light for my skintone and I really need to prep my skin well for this to show up. Overall, it is a good product but not worth justifying the price if you ask me!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by ithickening

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So! I have used this for years. I love it! You get a ton of powder, generally these last me 9 months or more. Great for contouring and it lasts for hours. I love the benefit powders. I have never had any irritation from this as well. This is my staple.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2011 9:29:00 AM More reviews by anagarvic

I don't like this bronzer at all. I am NC30-35 and this bronzer looks dirty, patchy and very unnatural. I like the colour and i like the fact that it's completely matte but it's just doesn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is perfection for contouring..There is absolutely no shimmer/sparkle. Does not look muddy or dirty, and it does not turn orange. Does not emphasize pores. This is one of my favorite makeup products. I never want to be without this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by RC888

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this bronzer because it is matte. It is extremely hard to find good matte bronzers these days. The shade works perfectly for my skin even though I am fair. A little goes a long way!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Naughalty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have had problems with finding a bronzer before this one as I wanted one that was completely matte with no shimmer or glitter. I also wanted a bronzer that did not look orange when I applied it or one that didn't make me look muddy/dirty as these have been problems I have had in the past. The texture of this product was lovely and is easily applied, it has a high pigmentation so not much is needed and it gives a lovely effect when applied to the high points of the face to give a bronzed look or applied to the hollows of the cheekbones and around the hair line for a contouring powder. The only thing I would say negatively about the product is the packaging, though cute and quite compact, I find the boxed in powder is not easy to get a brush in and get a light brush of colour. Otherwise, I am completely satisfied with this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2011 1:18:00 PM More reviews by lilyofavalon

Hoola is my HG bronzer! It's completely, 100% matte, and great for natural contouring. The color is also golden-based and perfectly neutral - it doesn't turn orange, pink, or ruddy. Texture-wise, it's soft, smooth, and melts into your skin.

I've found that the best way for me to apply this is to dip the very tip of my SK Powder brush into the box, tap it off, and then apply where I wish. This keeps the application controlled and well-blended, rather than blotchy or muddy.

Price/oz breakdowns:
-Hoola: $28 for .40 oz: $70/oz.
-NARS Laguna: $32 for .28 oz: $114.29/oz
-MAC Bronzing Powder: $22 for .30 oz: $73.33/oz

Comparisons: I've heard from a NARS SA that NARS Laguna and Benefit Hoola are the only two bronzers on the market that are completely golden-based. Personally, I'm not so sure about declaring them the *only* golden-based bronzers out there, but anyways. Given the choice between them, I would choose Hoola over Laguna. Laguna contains significant shimmer, while Hoola is matte; you can always add more shimmer to your look, but you can't take away the shimmer in Laguna.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by christinahong

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product! It's a really good matte bronzer, perfect for contouring my face, and it's pretty pigmented so a little goes a long way. I've had mine for about 8 months yet and I haven't hit pan!