January 28, 2015 | 1954 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Carbon Black Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2009 7:17:00 AM More reviews by i_heart_ck_ls_of_nb

I absolutely LOVE this liquid liner! When I first started applying liner to my upper lashline, I immediately jumped to liquid liner, no using gel or pencil! I used to use Prestige liquid liner in Black and I wasn't too fond of it due to the fact that it was actually gray, and I wasn't sure on whether I was applying it right or not, so one day I youtubed "how to apply liquid liner" and found a video by "julieg713" - an AMAZING YT guru.
She was using this eyeliner, and as soon as she started applying it, I fell in love with the color! (I have always been a fan of realllllllllyy dark, pigmented colors!) And she also said that the applicator was a flexible felt tip, which is highly recommened for beginners.. So, just like that, I was sold, and I went to Ulta the following week (second week of March '09) and purchased two of these during a BOGOF sale.
Since then, I have used this ultra black, easily applicable liquid liner EVERY SINGLE day, and I ~just~ finished my first bottle! This liner has amazing staying power, while it may flake on the inner corner of my eyes on occasions, which eyeliner doesn't? Besides, I live in the God forsaken Arizonian dessert!
Like I mentioned above, the applicator is flexible and mistake-proof felt tip which gives you a lot of control, and makes it much easier to draw a thick or thin line, depending on your preference, and wing it out at the end.
At my high school, I'm known for my pretty dramatic and "flawless" (as they like to call it) eyeliner..so when I get ready for school, I like to draw a thick line, wing it out following the natural shape of my eye, apply two coats of CG Lash Blast mascara, and that's it for my eye makeup!
With that being said, I'm pretty sure I would literally DIE if this ever got discontinued! For some ridiculous reason, if it did, I would rush to Ulta during the next BOGOF sale and buy at least 30 bottles! (Do the math and you'll find out that that would last me around 10 years xD)
Anyways, I felt the need to express my love for this, and for anyone thinking of buying this, "WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!?"

For reference, I am GGG, around a NC37-NC42.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2009 2:15:00 PM More reviews by sourish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this liquid liner! Although it took me a while to get used to it (as it was my first liner product, ever), the felt tip makes it so much easier! You can do so much with this product especially a winged edge. The best part: It stays on ALL day!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2009 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Daisycloud

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my first liquid liner and it's pretty good! The felt tip isn't hard to use. It hasn't smudged or irritated my eyes and does not produce a harsh line despite being a liquid liner. It's quite perfect once you get the hang of applying it, which shouldn't be hard because of the felt tip. I recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2009 1:36:00 PM More reviews by sourie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this eyeliner. I have it in brown and have used it almost everyday since I bought it. I like the felt tip--not too flexible or too stiff--which makes application easy. I think it would be great for beginners to liquid liner. The color lasts all day if you use eyeshadow primer. Overall, I'm happy with this product and will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2009 12:15:00 PM More reviews by bjorne_again

I tried this liquid liner after trying the original lineur intense in black mica which has a sheen to it, thinking it would be rich, black, and matte like carbon. Instead, I found it pretty similar to the original black mica as it has a shiny wet look to it, though slightly blacker, which I guess is nice if you want something a little more fun, slightly less dramatic, but because I wanted a deep, smouldering matte line, this didn't do it for me.

I also am not a fan of the sponge-tip applicators - I like the precision of a brush-tip, but I guess they make liquid lining easier for beginners. If you also like precision but love the formula, you could do what I do which is dip a skinny eyeliner brush (like smashbox's #08 brush) into it and use it like an old-fashioned pen-in-inkwell.

One thing I love/hate about this liquid liner is it dries kinda plastic-y, so you kinda remove it in chunks rather that water it down(like most non-waterproof liquid liner) sorta like tempra paint. Good because it means you don't get black smudges under your eyes in rain/if you tear/removing makeup, but bad because if you tear it can dislodge a chunk of liner, leaving a hole, whereas with traditional liners it just may be slightly lighter in a spot.

Won't repurchase, hoping l'Oreal will come out with a matte liner so i don't have to spend $35 on my old faithful, Dior Style Liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2009 6:36:00 PM More reviews by loreij

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

i use this eyeliner everyday, it stays on all day and doesn't smudge. the applicator is amazing and does a perfect job. also, it's very easy to remove at the end of the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2009 6:05:00 PM More reviews by SamLuvMusik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am definately sticking with this liquid eyeliner. It was very worth my money. It's easy to use once you brush off the excess liquid on the felt tip. Easy to line the eyes & I have never had a problem with smudging or running.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2009 1:42:00 AM More reviews by awkwardavocado

this eyeliner is awesome, it lasts pretty well and is smooth and easy to apply ! however if you touch it it does come off very easily and it is hard to blend . i would buy it again as it looks good, has a good colour and is long lasting :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2009 1:23:00 AM More reviews by luvmejoice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite liquid eyeliner! First of all, I love the felt tip. It makes application a breeze, even if you're not too experienced when it comes to liquid liners. Second, this is very very black. Third, this stays on until I want to take it off. I actually slept with this on after wearing it all day and when I woke up it was still there, even though I had some flakes around my eyes. I don't know if that was the mascara or the liner. Yes, I know sleeping with makeup is bad but sometimes I just can't get myself to do it because it's late and I'm too tired.
It's a bit pricey for such a small amount (I always fear of running out of it after doing just one of my eyes), I never thought I'd dish out this much for a liquid liner but now I'm sold. Will definitely repurchase every time I run out!
Updated: I've reconsidered the amounts I spend on makeup since I wrote this review. 13$ isn't that much for an HG product

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2009 12:52:00 AM More reviews by misskris627

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is my VERY FIRST review. with all these great reviews for this product, i think im the only one who doesn't like this eyeliner. the only thing great about it for me is the felt tip which glides on real easily, but the staying power is horrible. it also wipes away easily if you touch it or try to put mascara on. it also doesn't go on as dark for me. i need to find another liquid eyeliner =( i want to like this one but i just can't!