April 18, 2014 | 1814 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Carbon Black Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2009 9:08:00 AM More reviews by newchick

I haven't tried the black yet, just the brown, but I like the ease of application. I think the staying power is pretty good, and it didn't run when I wore it all day. Not so good if you go to the gym, and shower afterwards though... make sure to bring some remover and some qtips to clean up the lines after your shower.

I would repurchase this product... it's a great colour, and loooks good!

I used to like the maybelline liquid liner with the tiny brush, but since that stuff has been discontinued, I like this felt pen version by loreal more than loreal's brush version since the loreal brush has bristles that are too long, and droopy, and difficult to manage. this is my new favourite liquid liner...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2009 2:58:00 AM More reviews by TheRedDeluge

This is one of my all time favorite products and love that it is now in Carbon Black. I used to use the regular black and noticed that it was sort of bluish in color. This is more intense of a black.

I have been using this product everyday since I was 15, so that is seven years of use. I use it for that retro cat eye look and find that the felt tip applicator works better than brush liner. I find it provides more control than brush applicators especially for the curl at the end of the eye.

L'Oreal is also often on sale so that is great too. I always stock up since I love this stuff. I have tried other liners and find they smudge or leave black smudges on my upper eyes as the day wears on.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2009 6:09:00 PM More reviews by deb2382

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I find felt tip liquid liners much easier to control than brush tips, so this one is good on that account.
This is great for quick application when I'm too lazy to find the brush to apply my MAC fluidline. Staying power for the L'oreal liner leaves a little to be desired, it tends to fade and wipe off easily if you touch it accidentally, so I wouldn't recommend for long wear (but that's what fluidline is for!).
Overall, the best drugstore liquid liner I've used.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2009 12:34:00 AM More reviews by ShyCaliGirl

I have been using liquid eyeliner for 10 years and I very much prefer soft felt tips like that of this eyeliner. I have been using L'Oreal's Lineur Intense liner ever since my beloved Maybelline Eye Express felt tip liquid eyeliner (in the blue tube with a gold cap) got discontinued about 4 or 5 years ago. *Tear* Anyway, this is the next best thing. Its felt tip is very similar in shape and flexibility to Eye Express, but it seems to be a more "flattened" cone than Eye Express, if that makes sense. So I have to look at the tip before I use it to ensure it's rotated properly so I can do a thin line on my upper lid with a winged "cat-eye" edge at the outer corners.

I prefer the newer black (Carbon Black) to Black Mica because it is a deep, true, opaque (and slightly shiny, which I don't mind) black. The Black Mica is slightly see-through (at least when the tube is brand new) and seems to be more runny. However, Black Carbon seems to be thicker and more gel-like and thus, as the tube gets old and dries out it builds up inside the well and around the applicator in a stretchy mess. It can also get gloppy at the tip after some time and the liner becomes kind of sticky and stretchy when you put it on, kind of like some melty cheese pizza. All this can happen before the standard 3-month expiration date for liquid eye cosmetics (of course after which they should be thrown out). Carbon Black can get kind of flaky through the day if it rubs against something (hand, pillow, etc.) or if you try to go over a previous application or over-correct while applying. One more gripe--I often have to lick my fingers and press my eyelashes between them to remove the dried liner so that it doesn't interfere with my mascara application. If I don't do this I often have problems with my lashes sticking together. I don't think the Black Mica gels up like Carbon Black, but I honestly can't remember since I use Carbon Black more often.

This liner is very easy to control and apply as you like. It won't skip unless it's a older tube and can easily draw a thin or thick line. It's great for doing the cat-eye look. I shake it each time I re-dip the tip in the ink well to freshen the ink wetness and when it feels like it's getting dry. This eyeliner stays nice-looking until I wash it off. I never really have problems with it smudging or smearing. It seems to hold up pretty well in humid and/or hot conditions, but I can't give a fair review of its performance in humidity since I live in southern Cali and not the South US.
All in all, despite my biased gripes (since I'm still in love with Eye Express) this is a great liquid liner and I highly recommend it to liquid liner amatuers and pros alike.

Thanks for reading :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2009 1:08:00 AM More reviews by ldycupcakes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this eyeliner has a flimsy brush, making it easy to apply, but the staying power isn't great at all. after I line my eyes a couple of times, a minute later, the color starts to fade.. which is very disappointing. it also fades more and more throughout the day if u touch it a bit by accident. the only thing i like about this eyeliner is the brush, but even so, i wish the brush was a bit pointier to make a nice wing. overall, I think this product is easy to apply, but isn't worth the price at all, but I'm going to have to use it up before I start on something else, so in the mean time I am using MAC's eyeshadow in carbon to line over it in order to intensify the color and to set the liner.. it makes it a bit easier and has longer staying power

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2009 12:35:00 PM More reviews by iheartalize

I have been using this eyeliner for a week now. The color pay off is excellent and the felt tip makes it extremely easy to draw a nice precise line. The ONLY thing that I do not like is that it flakes on me!!! If it didn't flake at all this eyeliner would be perfect!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2009 9:47:00 PM More reviews by ecoy143

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my first time using liquid eyeliner. I don't usually put eyeliner on my top eyelid, just usually underneath my eye with an eye pencil. I like the felt tip because it makes it easier for a person who doesn't know what they are doing to draw a straight line. I am really happy with this product. It lasts forever and really sets off fake eyelashes. And the price is great and affordable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2009 4:37:00 PM More reviews by alyssa18o6

I bought this cause I saw a YouTube video and the girl was raving about how easy it was to apply because of the felt tip. So I ran over to Rite Aid, and got this. I got it during a BOGOF and purchased it with some mascara for my mom. But let me tell you, this is my HG liquid eyeliner. I LOVE it, it applys so easy and it stays put all day. I will definitely keep repurchasing. The price is kinda on the higher side but worth it, i'm looking out for BOGOF's so that I can stock up. This eyeliner is amazing, if you were thinking about getting it, get it. It's so worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2009 11:02:00 PM More reviews by amarettoeyes

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I applied this liner to a peice of paper along with a gel liner (Loreal HIP). The gel liner flaked off the paper, so I imagine the staying power on your eyes with a gel could do the same thing. I am switching to this felt tip liner pen because it's easy to apply, an intense black color and the price is right! Plus I dont have to dirty a brush. LOVE IT.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2009 5:42:00 PM More reviews by ahtrinh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG eyeliner. I LOVE this stuff & I use it everyday! It doesn't flake or smudge and is really easy to use. I usually get this BOGO at ulta so it's a great deal!