April 20, 2014 | 964 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Bamboo 6 Piece Brush Set

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2008 4:18:00 PM More reviews by bellawoozel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I had been looking for a brush set for a really long time and I saw these one day browsing at Target so I decided to try them since they felt pretty soft and they seem to be really great quality and they don't shed when you use them. I really would like to buy a couple more of there brushes, but I would recommend having a variety of brushes because it doesn't come with all the ones you need for your eyes!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2008 7:55:00 PM More reviews by wslam00

UPDATED~~~This is really called a 6 piece brush set since they include the hemp roll as 1 piece. I don't really know what to think of this set-- nothing all that positive to say about it! I'm just glad the set was $10-12.
Blush brush - B/c of the size, I use it as a powder brush. I think it doesn't apply blush as well as my regular blush brush from Sonia Kashuk
Angled eyeliner brush - would be great to use for cream eyeliners as long as you want a thin line. I like to create a thicker line because of my monolids, and I am not good enough at using this shape liner tool to get it to look good. I actually get a nicer line using a small eyeshadow brush from Sonia Kashuk
Concealer brush - good standard concealer brush. I don't use a brush for concealer very often, but will keep this.
Eyeshadow brush - deposits eyeshadow especially DARK eyeshadow really uneven! I think the brush fibers are too close together and don't fan out.. or the material. Disappointing but you can use it as a concealer brush or paint pot eyeshadow base applicator.
Comb/Brush tool - it's a standard comb/brush tool.. I don't really use these!

Overall, I think the set is ok. If you can't tell, I love Sonia Kashuk's line of brushes and I think buying one of her sets with similar tools to these would be a better deal. Her brushes aren't bamboo but they are comparable to higher end brushes and definately better than this line!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2008 4:47:00 AM More reviews by ladycallie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Cheapest and best out there. I got mine at Target and I love them so much! I have some other brushes, but these really get the job done.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2008 7:40:00 PM More reviews by xizilia7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i LOVE this, as a biologist always looking for something friendly and cheap. this is IT. they are the softest bristles ever.

I have this set and all their other brushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2008 1:41:00 PM More reviews by stellina

Never in a million years would I have believed that dirt cheap synthetic makeup brushes could be so good. I was in the market for replacing some old MAC brushes from one of their holiday sets (not as good as their regular line) & after reading the reviews, I figured I had only $10 to lose if they didn't work. I was surprised beyond belief - these are incredibly soft, densely packed, and work just as well as my more expensive natural hair brushes. Given the super low cost, I also no longer have to fret about traveling with them. I hope they come out with some additional types soon, especially for eyeshadow. The set is an incredible value.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 5:06:00 PM More reviews by miyoshi637

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush set. I use the blush, eye shadow, and concealer brush everyday. The eye shadow brush has become my fav. It packs on my Mineral Eyeshadow very well and blends it all like a dream. The brush's are super soft and well worth the $9.99 I spent on them. Plus they're synthetic and made from renewable sources, how can you go wrong with brush's like this?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2008 11:16:00 AM More reviews by RACHJOY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought these brushes at Walgreens on sale for about $10 for the set. I love these brushes. They are !) beautiful 2) eco friendly 3) of superb quality and 4) cheap! I have yet to have a hair fall out of an of these brushes and they are washed weekly! The brushes are also so soft! The blush, powder, eye shadow, and concealer brushes are all tapered and made with synthetic fibers that are unbelievably soft! Great color pickup too. I have bought expensive brushes and I have thrown them out after finding these. Really no comparison as my expensive brushes have dropped hairs and lost their ability to apply like they did when they were new. Go buy these brushes. It will be the best investment you have made in a long time, and cheapest too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2008 5:09:00 AM More reviews by sunshowers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is hands down the best find I've had in a long, long time. The five piece set by Ecotools includes a blush brush, a lash comb/brow brush combo, a shadow shading brush, an eyeliner brush, a concealer brush, and a fabric brush roll to store your brushes in when you travel.

I guarantee that you will not find a better value. These came out to just about $13 Canadian. The brushes sell individually for between $3 and $6. I was just going to buy the shadow and eyeliner brushes for $4 each when I realized that for just $4 more I could get three other brushes. It was a no brainer.

As incredibly cheap as these are, they are beautiful brushes. I have no idea how or why they are priced so low. You better snap some up before they start raising the prices, because these are easily better than some of the brushes I've seen for double or triple the price. They're so soft, densely bristled, and work very well. I've been using them for mineral makeup and they're just perfect.

The only brush that feels a little cheap is the brow brush - it's a bit scratchy, but it does the job. All the other brushes are beautiful and look and feel like expensive brushes. The satin aluminum shafts look stunning against the pale bamboo wood, and the bristles are luxuriously dense and soft. I will write individual reviews of each of the brushes so I won't go into that here.

And then on top of the incredible price and the great quality, these brushes are earth-friendly. The handles are made from bamboo, which is highly sustainable. The bristles are synthetic Taklon. The metal band is made from recycled aluminum. Even the brush roll is made of cotton and hemp, and the plastic package is like a thick ziplock bag that can be reused.

Just know that if you buy these brushes you will get a fantastic product at a bargain price, and that you will be supporting an earth-friendly and animal-friendly company at the same time. I urge you to give these a try! For those in Canada, the line is carried by London Drugs.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2008 5:00:00 PM More reviews by wmoyal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Disappointed after reading the reviews...these are very stiff and I don't feel they apply dry product well. They may have potential for cream based products. Will probably only use the eyeliner brush. Even for the cheap price, have very little use for these and mad I wasted my money. I have definately been spoiled by the soft higher end brushes that last for years.
*Edit...if looking at the blush brush alone, I would give a 3-4...it is soft. Pickup of blush is fair.
Edit: Using blush brush, good results. Using the other brush for foundation, fair, usable. Eyeshadow brush failed. Liner pretty good. Updated to 3.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2008 3:28:00 AM More reviews by just_a_small_town_girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Somehow, I stumbled upon reviews for these heavenly brushes. I had been wanting a good set of brushes for a while now, and didn't understand what the praise for these brushes were for. I was like, "$10.99 for 5, of what seems to be, 'the most amazing brushes ever'.." ....right. But.. while on a hopeful run to Walgreens to find yellow tissue paper to help some college boys complete a homecoming float, I was waiting for my friend and I saw these. Remembering the such great reviews, I had to feel the testers they had hanging with the brushes. I think I fell in love. I remembered a review saying they searched many, many Walgreens stores before they found these brushes.. and with one 5-piece set (Blush Brush, Eye Shading Brush, Eyeliner Brush, Lash/Brow Groomer, & Concealer Brush all in a cute little Cosmetic Brush Roll) left.. I grabbed it! I also picked up a Powder Brush & a Foundation Brush just for the fact that I loved them, they're appearantly hard to find, and just because I could! I'm very impressed at how much better these brushes apply a pressed bronzer I use when compared to the brush I had previously been using! The coverage was so much more even and smoother. : ] I'm so happy to have found these, especially without paying a ridiculous, huge amount of money! haha