October 25, 2014 | 1736 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - 6 Piece Brush Set

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2008 3:32:00 AM More reviews by Jetaime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am pretty darn pleased with this set! You get a blush brush, eye shading brush, eyeliner brush, lash & brow/groomer, and concealer brush. I have mixed feelings about the eyeshadow brush--it picks up well but the application isn't even enough as others have noted. I love wish perhaps that they had included a crease brush as well. The eyeshading brush is a bit large for my crease. The concealer brush is great--it's dense enough to pick up harder concealers like Laura Mercier's Secret Camouflage, which I use to hide acne scars. The blush brush is good but not my favorite. I usually blend with my fingers (on myself) for cream blush or stipple. It's a good powder brush though. The eyeliner brush worked surprisingly well as the did the lash comb. I will most likely mix and match this collection with some older Estee Lauder (actually quite good) eye brushes I have until I can afford to buy new ones. Love the eco-friendly value and hemp roll. This collection is worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2008 12:08:00 PM More reviews by TropicalyFrozen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This was the best makeup tool kit I have ever got. The brushes were so soft and felt wonderful on my face, kind of like silk. I love that the bushes are eco friendly, I also love how they are made from bamboo. Not only are the brushes a excellent quality they were cheap too. These brushes outdid any of my more expensive brushes, I would suggest these to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2008 8:13:00 PM More reviews by surrealmeal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased the Ecotools 5 piece brush set with the bamboo cup from Walgreens for $9.99 and I am very impressed. The brushes are high quality & incredibly soft. Synthetic taklon fibers make up the bristles, recycled aluminum makes up the ferrule, and ever-sustainable bamboo make up the handles.

The slanted eye liner brush is probably my favorite out of the set. It provides a smooth, firm line and makes it easy to line as close to my lashes as possible. It makes for a much more neat & natural look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2008 8:09:00 PM More reviews by peggy1234

I love these!
Buy these-they are worth every penny and work perfect!
I got mine at Target.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2008 9:34:00 PM More reviews by xaznbaybiegurl3x

i got these brushes at Walgreens for $10.99. and i'd say these brushes are really soft. i really like the blush brush. the eyeshadow brush isn't that good bcuz it distributes color unevenly and the eyeshadow gets stuck onto the brush.the eyeliner brush i like alot. the concealer brush is really good b'cuz it can get into those hard to reach corners.it's a really good deal bcuz u get 5 brushes and it comes with a brush roll. i'd say i really like this brush set and i wanna buy the powder brush.when i first washed them they didn't shed at all.and that made me very happy.im happy that i tried this brush set.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2008 10:01:00 PM More reviews by rebeccav13

The brushes are incredibly soft - softer than anything I've tried. HOWEVER, the ones I like the most from this set are the ones I did not expect - the eyeliner and eyeshadow brushes. Very impressed with those.

I default more to my Sonia Kashuk brushes (Highlighter and Blush - white handles) for the face instead of the Ecotools blusher - they seem to deposit color better.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2008 4:18:00 PM More reviews by bellawoozel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I had been looking for a brush set for a really long time and I saw these one day browsing at Target so I decided to try them since they felt pretty soft and they seem to be really great quality and they don't shed when you use them. I really would like to buy a couple more of there brushes, but I would recommend having a variety of brushes because it doesn't come with all the ones you need for your eyes!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2008 7:55:00 PM More reviews by wslam00

UPDATED~~~This is really called a 6 piece brush set since they include the hemp roll as 1 piece. I don't really know what to think of this set-- nothing all that positive to say about it! I'm just glad the set was $10-12.
Blush brush - B/c of the size, I use it as a powder brush. I think it doesn't apply blush as well as my regular blush brush from Sonia Kashuk
Angled eyeliner brush - would be great to use for cream eyeliners as long as you want a thin line. I like to create a thicker line because of my monolids, and I am not good enough at using this shape liner tool to get it to look good. I actually get a nicer line using a small eyeshadow brush from Sonia Kashuk
Concealer brush - good standard concealer brush. I don't use a brush for concealer very often, but will keep this.
Eyeshadow brush - deposits eyeshadow especially DARK eyeshadow really uneven! I think the brush fibers are too close together and don't fan out.. or the material. Disappointing but you can use it as a concealer brush or paint pot eyeshadow base applicator.
Comb/Brush tool - it's a standard comb/brush tool.. I don't really use these!

Overall, I think the set is ok. If you can't tell, I love Sonia Kashuk's line of brushes and I think buying one of her sets with similar tools to these would be a better deal. Her brushes aren't bamboo but they are comparable to higher end brushes and definately better than this line!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2008 4:47:00 AM More reviews by ladycallie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Cheapest and best out there. I got mine at Target and I love them so much! I have some other brushes, but these really get the job done.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2008 7:40:00 PM More reviews by xizilia7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i LOVE this, as a biologist always looking for something friendly and cheap. this is IT. they are the softest bristles ever.

I have this set and all their other brushes.