July 25, 2014 | 1535 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - 6 Piece Brush Set

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2008 8:09:00 PM More reviews by peggy1234

I love these!
Buy these-they are worth every penny and work perfect!
I got mine at Target.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2008 9:34:00 PM More reviews by xaznbaybiegurl3x

i got these brushes at Walgreens for $10.99. and i'd say these brushes are really soft. i really like the blush brush. the eyeshadow brush isn't that good bcuz it distributes color unevenly and the eyeshadow gets stuck onto the brush.the eyeliner brush i like alot. the concealer brush is really good b'cuz it can get into those hard to reach corners.it's a really good deal bcuz u get 5 brushes and it comes with a brush roll. i'd say i really like this brush set and i wanna buy the powder brush.when i first washed them they didn't shed at all.and that made me very happy.im happy that i tried this brush set.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2008 10:01:00 PM More reviews by rebeccav13

The brushes are incredibly soft - softer than anything I've tried. HOWEVER, the ones I like the most from this set are the ones I did not expect - the eyeliner and eyeshadow brushes. Very impressed with those.

I default more to my Sonia Kashuk brushes (Highlighter and Blush - white handles) for the face instead of the Ecotools blusher - they seem to deposit color better.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2008 4:18:00 PM More reviews by bellawoozel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I had been looking for a brush set for a really long time and I saw these one day browsing at Target so I decided to try them since they felt pretty soft and they seem to be really great quality and they don't shed when you use them. I really would like to buy a couple more of there brushes, but I would recommend having a variety of brushes because it doesn't come with all the ones you need for your eyes!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2008 7:55:00 PM More reviews by wslam00

UPDATED~~~This is really called a 6 piece brush set since they include the hemp roll as 1 piece. I don't really know what to think of this set-- nothing all that positive to say about it! I'm just glad the set was $10-12.
Blush brush - B/c of the size, I use it as a powder brush. I think it doesn't apply blush as well as my regular blush brush from Sonia Kashuk
Angled eyeliner brush - would be great to use for cream eyeliners as long as you want a thin line. I like to create a thicker line because of my monolids, and I am not good enough at using this shape liner tool to get it to look good. I actually get a nicer line using a small eyeshadow brush from Sonia Kashuk
Concealer brush - good standard concealer brush. I don't use a brush for concealer very often, but will keep this.
Eyeshadow brush - deposits eyeshadow especially DARK eyeshadow really uneven! I think the brush fibers are too close together and don't fan out.. or the material. Disappointing but you can use it as a concealer brush or paint pot eyeshadow base applicator.
Comb/Brush tool - it's a standard comb/brush tool.. I don't really use these!

Overall, I think the set is ok. If you can't tell, I love Sonia Kashuk's line of brushes and I think buying one of her sets with similar tools to these would be a better deal. Her brushes aren't bamboo but they are comparable to higher end brushes and definately better than this line!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2008 4:47:00 AM More reviews by ladycallie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Cheapest and best out there. I got mine at Target and I love them so much! I have some other brushes, but these really get the job done.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2008 7:40:00 PM More reviews by xizilia7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i LOVE this, as a biologist always looking for something friendly and cheap. this is IT. they are the softest bristles ever.

I have this set and all their other brushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2008 1:41:00 PM More reviews by stellina

Never in a million years would I have believed that dirt cheap synthetic makeup brushes could be so good. I was in the market for replacing some old MAC brushes from one of their holiday sets (not as good as their regular line) & after reading the reviews, I figured I had only $10 to lose if they didn't work. I was surprised beyond belief - these are incredibly soft, densely packed, and work just as well as my more expensive natural hair brushes. Given the super low cost, I also no longer have to fret about traveling with them. I hope they come out with some additional types soon, especially for eyeshadow. The set is an incredible value.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 5:06:00 PM More reviews by miyoshi637

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush set. I use the blush, eye shadow, and concealer brush everyday. The eye shadow brush has become my fav. It packs on my Mineral Eyeshadow very well and blends it all like a dream. The brush's are super soft and well worth the $9.99 I spent on them. Plus they're synthetic and made from renewable sources, how can you go wrong with brush's like this?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2008 11:16:00 AM More reviews by RACHJOY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought these brushes at Walgreens on sale for about $10 for the set. I love these brushes. They are !) beautiful 2) eco friendly 3) of superb quality and 4) cheap! I have yet to have a hair fall out of an of these brushes and they are washed weekly! The brushes are also so soft! The blush, powder, eye shadow, and concealer brushes are all tapered and made with synthetic fibers that are unbelievably soft! Great color pickup too. I have bought expensive brushes and I have thrown them out after finding these. Really no comparison as my expensive brushes have dropped hairs and lost their ability to apply like they did when they were new. Go buy these brushes. It will be the best investment you have made in a long time, and cheapest too!