Maybelline Define-A-Brow

4.2

Ethylhexyl Stearate, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Silica, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Methylparaben, Tocopherol, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Retinyl Palmitate, Propylparaben, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Ethylparaben, May Contain (+/-):, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Mica, CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 75470 (Carmine) (Carmine), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77400 (Copper Powder) (Bronze Powder), CI 77400 (Copper Powder), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) (Titanium Dioxide), FD&C Blue 1 (Blue 1 Lake), FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake (Yellow 5 Lake)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I purchased this for $4.49 on sale at Walgreens. It usually retails for $6.49 but i had a coupon. I didn't have high hopes for this but i was pleasantly surprised with it. I'm usually not one for eyebrow pencils because they look pretty fake, but not this one. Because the pencil is so super fine, it's really easy to make hair-like strokes with it. I won't say i'll throw away my brow powder, but i will definitely think about using this pencil a lot more often. It also works really well with brow stencils, which i use on a daily basis. I would definitely purchase this again and would choose this over a high end brand any day.

on 9/10/2008 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I usually use mac's shadow "Espresso" and their little brush for my eyebrows, but one day i forgot my bag at my parents home, so I rushed to walgreens to get an alternative. I found this pencil and bought it on a whim, but it is SO great, I've stopped using my mac shadow and brush for my brows. It stays on ALL day, wheras with the mac shadow, I'd find myself constantly reapplying or touching up through out the day. Its not as harsh and you can make it as "defined" or natural as you want it. I love it! Would buy it again and again, would DEFINITELY reccomend this to others!

on 8/30/2008 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

i bought this yesterday and used to it today when i left to go shopping with my mom. i loved it as soon as i started applying i even was complimented on how nice my eyebrows looked! lol! i dont like the price.. maybe because its quite small, but overall a great product. im actually going to buy a few more since soft black is hard to find around here. oh and the soft black matched well with my black hair and brows. possibly my HQ product, along with wonderbrow wax!

on 8/27/2008 8:36:00 PM

I was actually fairly upset with this product yes it has its pros and cons however the cons weigh out the pros (for me) ... I have absolutely no eyebrows -thinking this would be a perfect alternative for a quick on the go kind of fixer up - and when i applied it to my skin it was so stiff and waxy it broke of at the product tube ( i only twisted enough 1-3 times to see the product) I pushed it onto my eyebrow area -nothing- no color or anything- twisted it 2-4 more times -i then applied to the back of my hand - nothing only the slightest color - i thought well it may be my skin tone - i tried it on one of my clients - who has almost tone 1 skin color (i'm a 3- light) it didn't even stay on her- I bought Light Brown and Medium Brown neither deposited enough color to even appear that this made a difference - yes the brow comb is cool - but i wont buy it again...i'll just stick with my eyeshadow and anastasia powders ....(oh btw- I am a professional makeup artist- and i am not unexperienced when it come to makeup - just to clarify!!)

on 8/25/2008 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This product is fantastic. It's comparable MAC's eyebrow crayon, but for 1/3 of the price!

The pencil has a very thin tip, but does not break as easily as the MAC version. The consistency is waxy enough to tame the brows and avoid smudge, but creamy enough to apply easily. The added comb on the end of the pencil is convenient for brushing down stray hairs and a bit of blending.

Application is easy and the result looks pretty natural.

The presentation of the product is convenient. It's a twist-and-click type of pencil that required no sharpening.

I have dark brown eyebrows and auburn hair and "Medium Brown" was a great middle ground color-wise.

I would definitely recommend this product and buy again in the future.

on 8/23/2008 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the best brow pencil! I am obsessed with having the best brows possible given what I have and I am never straying from this pencil! It looks so natural and stays on all day. I shape with the pencil and also add a little brow powder, then set with gel and my brows look fabulous! I use dark brown and it is the perfect color, not reddish like some dark brown brow pencils are. Definitely give this a try!

on 8/7/2008 2:37:00 PM

Let me start by saying, I am a brow nut. I have sparse light brown brows, and want them to look full, yet I refuse to use anything that doesn't look very natural. I was a huge fan of Bare Escentuals brow powder, but needed something faster for everyday use. This pencil is great. I use the dark blonde shade, which is prefect for my light brown hair and brows. Using the comb after penciling in really helps soften any hard edges. I always finish off with a brow gel too to keep my brows perfect all day. I never thought I would use a pencil over powder again, but this is excellent.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a wonderful drugstore find. Brows are my mu obsession, so I have tried nearly every product available. I keep coming back to this. I prefer the Medium Brown. It has an ultra-fine point, and blends very well. Stays put without needing touchups for my entire work day (9 hours). Maybelline claims it's waterproof, but I haven't tested it under those conditions. The one thing I wish they would change is that worthless comb on the end. Replace it with a good spoolie (w/cap), please!

on 7/20/2008 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I love this brow liner! I bought Dark Brown, which I though was going to be too light because I've tried Maybellines former brow liners and the "darkest" browns were actually "light" brown. But actually it was pretty dark. It blended into my natural brows, without looking obvious. What I love about this product is that the point is really fine. I am able to fill in my brows nicely and create thin lines. Best part is that I dont have to sharpen it. Also, theres no issue with smudging. The liner stays put all day and night, as long as you dont rub your brows vigorously.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

EDIT: So came the day, when I got a little too happy with my plucking and my MAC pencil was all out. Tried to use the Maybelline and no matter how light my hand was, it gave me 'angry' brows. Tried and tried. The 'point' is larger than MAC's 'point'. Could not get a natural, hair like line out of it for the areas that had no hair, was fine to fill in between hairs, but drawing new 'hairs', fuggedaboutit. So... Back to MAC, I go.

___________________________________________________
MAC may be in trouble. Well, maybe not. I bought this for my emergency/touch up makeup kit. You know the one, the one that you wouldn't mourn for days if you lost it. (I keep comparable products in my handbag, for emergencies or quick touch ups, but do my makeup with my MAC favorites in the morning before leaving home)

Very, very comparable to MAC crayons (MAC: Spiked, Maybelline: Dark Brown). But if your hand is a little heavy the lines go awry.

Would definitely repurchase. Great backup as well since I'm not buying a $14 pencil to have it sit there til I need it. For $6 bucks, good stuff.

Popular Brows Products