July 30, 2014 | 2194 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2003 8:23:00 PM More reviews by ellyray

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favourite liquid foundation ever, namely because it doesn't come off for HOURS, it's fairly heavy (I like a lot of coverage), and the best thing- you can put ANYTHING over the top and it won't budge or smudge! Gel and cream blushes, concealers, powders, eyeshadows- it's the perfect base because, unlike all other foundations I've used, once it's on it stays on. Sure, it comes at the cost of speed (you need to apply it very slowly and carefully as it does dry quickly), and if you don't like foundations you can feel then this isn't for you, because it goes on like paint and takes a good makeup remover to get off. But the visual results are amazing. You look as fresh after 10 hours as you do the minute of application, and it's great for small skin imperfections. Try it, try it, try it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2003 10:52:00 PM More reviews by blanksugar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It has good coverage and I like how it doesnt rub off unlike every other foundation ive ever tried. I dont like how it sets too quickly,how it can be drying and how it doesnt have enough yellow tones in it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2003 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Mamaspice

I have spent the past year flirting with powder foundation seeking a HG that could handle my oily skin. I read a review here and ran to the store to get this. How could I forget about my reliable Revlon? I am now wearing the oil free version of this in Sand Beige and just love it! Looks much more natural than any powder foundation and leaves me with the flawless finish I so highly desire. Workly quickly and smartly with this product and you too could have a HG foundation like I do.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2003 10:06:00 PM More reviews by foundmyhappyplace

Colorstay does just that. The color stays. I am impressed with that. My skin can get slightly oily throughout the day. I don't have to worry about my foundation fading when I wear Colorstay. The tone matches my fair skin well, also. Not too orangy for a drugstore brand. The product is, however, a little too matte and chalky. I am much happier with it if I apply a nice smooth moisturizer just prior to applying.

Update: I can't stand this foundation anymore. It says to apply to a small area at a time. Even when I do this, it tends to have an uneven texture and I can sometimes see "swipes" where I applied it. I don't think I will be buying this again

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2003 4:53:00 PM More reviews by jgirl528

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

EDIT: I still love this foundation because it's the only one that stays on my face the whole day and keeps me looking matte. Before, I used to have to blot and powder my face about 2 or 3 plus times a day but now I only do it once and I feel confident that my face is fine. The only thing I wish is that they made more colors to suit my skin. Until then, I really can't find another foundation better than Colorstay. If anyone knows of any foundation as good or better than Colorstay, let me know!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2003 10:24:00 PM More reviews by peachykeen01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation covers everything, and sand beige is a good match for my skin, but it doesn't stay on me! It might be because I still put green concealer on before, since everyone else says it stays on. I'd buy it again because it just makes your skin look perfect! *edit* I just use the foundation by itself now, and it stays on all day! I just put a few dots on the places I really need it, and then I use it on my whole face.
    *EDIT* I realized I just don't need this much coverage..also, it tends to look cakey most of the time. :-\

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2003 6:11:00 PM More reviews by bzbibi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Way too drying and looked sooo fake like latex on my face! It covers a lot, but it looks way too matte. My friend swore by it so I purchased it but I guess it doesn't work well with all people. I have asian skin that is slighly acnegenic and the color was also not a good match ^ i almost bought two colors to mix shades until i realised i did not even like the foundation itself!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2003 7:40:00 PM More reviews by 405hung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Is this the "love-or-hate-it" foundation?! It gives the even/full coverage within a second, but the trick is you only apply one small section of the face at a time, and better do it FAST. Most importantly, choose the color that match with your neck color, otherwise it will make you a chalky look. Finally, don't expect the foundation can come off with the ordinary face wash. I am using DHC deep cleansing oil and then Johnson& Johnson's body wash. I do it twice and always using the wash cloth at the same time. It really doesn't take me much time to remove the makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2003 1:24:00 AM More reviews by chaoz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

winter is always kind to my oily skin... but come summer... my foundation usually just can't WAIT to slide itself off my face!!! And I've tried many many long-lasting or oil-control foundations..... the winner without a question... is still the original Revlon Colorstay... a little quick to dry and relatively harder to blend... but works amazing every single time... better even than the new colorstay natural in terms of long-lastingness... try not to layer as it'll create streaks and cake up... also you'll need a pretty exact match in this otherwise it'll definitely make your face look like a real mask... all in all my holy grail in a bottle..... great stuff!!! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2003 5:42:00 PM More reviews by harleyandhank

I cannot keep makeup on my oily skin. This makeup stays on. I also need lots of coverage due to my bad skin. I do not feel this foundation on my skin due to the fact that it absorbs oil. I use buff and have never found a better match for my skin. Thrilled!