November 22, 2014 | 1815 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2004 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Eleanor_The_Cute

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had been looking for years for a foundation that stayed matte all day and wouldn't slide off . . . and I found it! Yay! Revlon ColorStay may be my Holy Grail (I'll have to wear it a few more times to be sure) because it keeps my oil-prone skin matte through a whole day working frozen foods at my local super Wal-Mart (read: hard physical labor), it sets to my skin quickly and I don't have to use powder or blotting papers, it feels light enough so my face feels naked but it covers well enough to hide cystic acne scars without looking cakey, it doesn't settle into my pores or move around on my face and every time I look in the mirror it really does look like I just applied it. I sweat at my job and even that doesn't phase this foundation. The bottle is a little aqward, and it's more expensive than most drugstore brands, and I do have to work fast to blend and I spend more time removing it at the end of the day than with other foundations, but those are merely minor, minor drawbacks which won't keep me from using it or from buying this makeup again. I am quite pleased with it overall. I wish I had tried it years ago! Update 02/18/04: The wide-necked bottle isn't a problem when I use a makeup sponge rather than my fingers. Sponges are more sanitary and you avoid getting oils in the makeup from your fingers, so I always use a sponge now. Applies and blends better with sponge, too. Am truly amazed at the staying power of this foundation. This is on my permanent Holy Grail list as the best heavy-duty coverage foundation with serious staying power & anti-shine properties.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2004 8:21:00 PM More reviews by perfumeslut

Skip this thick mess of a foundation and go straight to the paint store for some colored spackle. Unless you are 13 and experiencing terrible breakouts forget this. To much foundation when you hit 35 or so AGES you ladies. Stick to a lighter foundation like Loracs (which are the best) or try Revlons Colorstay Natural that has a much lighter consistency.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2003 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Racer_girl

I have been using this foundation since i first started wearing makeup (abt 3 years ago) And i have tried quite a lot of others (including high end brands)in between, none have matched up, and i keep repurchasing this over and over again.

It is a bit hard to blend if i compare it to other foundations, but i can live with that. Coverage is v.good, colour is great, not too yellowy or orangey looking, etc (i have alot of probs with foundation colors) It lasts all day, looks great and natural. plus, it's oil free and looks good in pictures. It doesn't look horrible at the end of the day like alot of foundations do.

Love it! I have yet to find something to match up.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2003 12:22:00 AM More reviews by playsomevinyl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

this makeup is way too thick and heavy. i like my foundation to look flawless and natural at the same time. this definitely isn't it. it makes me look terribly fake and dull...like i'm hiding something terribly ugly underneath. there is nothing pretty at all about it. unless you have extremely damaged skin you want to cover up, (this covers like a mask!) stay away from this. after a few weeks of using, my skin actually started to deteriorate. my pores also seemed to get noticebly larger as well. perhaps because it was so thick my skin wasn't able to breathe.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2003 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Ash50

I have been using the CSN for 6 months now with good results. However, I have been annoyed lately with my large pores and decided to give this foundation a try again as I used is for 4 years before CSN. I must admit, this keeps me looking matte all day long. It truly gives the best coverage of any foundation I've tried and I think that I will re-add it into my make up routine!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2003 10:33:00 PM More reviews by NewOrleansLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm very impressed with this. I live in a hot cliamte and didn't want to have to spend a lot of money on a "winter" foundation because I wouldn't get the chance to wear it as much (even in the winter).
    This has a good coverage, it hides my freckles. It does stay on all day but, that dosen't mean that it won't rub off onto clothes, or whatever it mayt come into contact with. No problems with acne or any other makeup induced problems. Although, my skin can, and has, taken to everything that I put on it without any problems. This is a heavy foundation, at least compared to what I am used to wearing, so your skin might react differently.
    Overall I'm happy that I gave it a chance.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2003 4:55:00 AM More reviews by asianstudent

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this a while back before I became hooked onto MAC products. It's not bad per se, providing good matte coverage, but several things to point out (that have been previously mentioned)... a) need to moisterize and prime underneath to help it glide on better, b) need to powder on top to set it, c) it still rubs off very easily, d) still has to be used in conjunction with concealer if you have even moderate colored scarring. But I never had any problems with acne using this(and I have oily skin). It's not bad, but esp for my asian skin, I prefer MAC.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2003 1:18:00 PM More reviews by JoyceA

I agree with other reviewers that you have to blend like mad to get this looking anywhere near natural, but its really worth the effort. I have pale pale skin and its a nightmare finding a foundation which is the right colour - either they are too yellow and leave an unsightly line where the makeup ends (my absolute number one makeup nightmare, both on myself and on other people) or else they are so pale that I look like something out of a horror film. But I have found a shade in this makeup that is so good that it could take an hour to blend it and I would still think its worth the effort. The only drawback it the packaging - how exactly am I meant to get the product out of a glass bottle without pouring it everywhere ? Presumably this is a not so cunning ploy to make me accidentally pour out five times as much as we need every time I use it.....

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2003 2:32:00 AM More reviews by Jenibel

Finally a foundation! My hg was discontinued, and I have found this. It covers very well, and you will have to blend it right away, because it can be fast drying. Also you have smooth it out around the nose area pretty fast before it sets. This stuff lasts all day! And covers very well, It is not sheer at all. I got 02, buff, which is a neutral light color. It has no pinkish or yellow undertones, and no orange at all. I think it is worth buying again and I am so glad I found it! After 2 bottles almost gone, i think I am very happy with it!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2003 12:08:00 AM More reviews by anne00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an ok product, not the best. For some reason it doesn't seem to last all day. I have combination skin and if you have dry parts the foundation will make it more noticeable. It dried pretty quickly, which makes it quite hard to blend. The foundation has a waterly texture. I will not be re-purchasing.