July 29, 2014 | 1634 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2003 10:52:00 PM More reviews by blanksugar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It has good coverage and I like how it doesnt rub off unlike every other foundation ive ever tried. I dont like how it sets too quickly,how it can be drying and how it doesnt have enough yellow tones in it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2003 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Mamaspice

I have spent the past year flirting with powder foundation seeking a HG that could handle my oily skin. I read a review here and ran to the store to get this. How could I forget about my reliable Revlon? I am now wearing the oil free version of this in Sand Beige and just love it! Looks much more natural than any powder foundation and leaves me with the flawless finish I so highly desire. Workly quickly and smartly with this product and you too could have a HG foundation like I do.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2003 10:06:00 PM More reviews by foundmyhappyplace

Colorstay does just that. The color stays. I am impressed with that. My skin can get slightly oily throughout the day. I don't have to worry about my foundation fading when I wear Colorstay. The tone matches my fair skin well, also. Not too orangy for a drugstore brand. The product is, however, a little too matte and chalky. I am much happier with it if I apply a nice smooth moisturizer just prior to applying.

Update: I can't stand this foundation anymore. It says to apply to a small area at a time. Even when I do this, it tends to have an uneven texture and I can sometimes see "swipes" where I applied it. I don't think I will be buying this again

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2003 4:53:00 PM More reviews by jgirl528

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

EDIT: I still love this foundation because it's the only one that stays on my face the whole day and keeps me looking matte. Before, I used to have to blot and powder my face about 2 or 3 plus times a day but now I only do it once and I feel confident that my face is fine. The only thing I wish is that they made more colors to suit my skin. Until then, I really can't find another foundation better than Colorstay. If anyone knows of any foundation as good or better than Colorstay, let me know!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2003 10:24:00 PM More reviews by peachykeen01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation covers everything, and sand beige is a good match for my skin, but it doesn't stay on me! It might be because I still put green concealer on before, since everyone else says it stays on. I'd buy it again because it just makes your skin look perfect! *edit* I just use the foundation by itself now, and it stays on all day! I just put a few dots on the places I really need it, and then I use it on my whole face.
    *EDIT* I realized I just don't need this much coverage..also, it tends to look cakey most of the time. :-\

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2003 6:11:00 PM More reviews by bzbibi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Way too drying and looked sooo fake like latex on my face! It covers a lot, but it looks way too matte. My friend swore by it so I purchased it but I guess it doesn't work well with all people. I have asian skin that is slighly acnegenic and the color was also not a good match ^ i almost bought two colors to mix shades until i realised i did not even like the foundation itself!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2003 7:40:00 PM More reviews by 405hung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Is this the "love-or-hate-it" foundation?! It gives the even/full coverage within a second, but the trick is you only apply one small section of the face at a time, and better do it FAST. Most importantly, choose the color that match with your neck color, otherwise it will make you a chalky look. Finally, don't expect the foundation can come off with the ordinary face wash. I am using DHC deep cleansing oil and then Johnson& Johnson's body wash. I do it twice and always using the wash cloth at the same time. It really doesn't take me much time to remove the makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2003 1:24:00 AM More reviews by chaoz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

winter is always kind to my oily skin... but come summer... my foundation usually just can't WAIT to slide itself off my face!!! And I've tried many many long-lasting or oil-control foundations..... the winner without a question... is still the original Revlon Colorstay... a little quick to dry and relatively harder to blend... but works amazing every single time... better even than the new colorstay natural in terms of long-lastingness... try not to layer as it'll create streaks and cake up... also you'll need a pretty exact match in this otherwise it'll definitely make your face look like a real mask... all in all my holy grail in a bottle..... great stuff!!! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2003 5:42:00 PM More reviews by harleyandhank

I cannot keep makeup on my oily skin. This makeup stays on. I also need lots of coverage due to my bad skin. I do not feel this foundation on my skin due to the fact that it absorbs oil. I use buff and have never found a better match for my skin. Thrilled!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2003 3:40:00 AM More reviews by jomia23

Being a fair-skinned Asian, it was hard to find the right color, one which wouldn't look to pink on me. I also use bronzer instead of actually tanning my face. It seems that Natural Tan suits me best, without looking too fake. The consistency is very thick, so I like to apply it right after moisturizing. Then I wait for it to set completely before trying to dust powder on. Sometimes I don't have to. Nor do I need to use concealer or primer; and my HUGE PORES DO DISAPPEAR after application. For the first few hours, I am shine free and the makeup doesn't rub off on anything. Alas, due to my extremely oily skin, my face eventually DOES get shiny and when I blot my face, some of the makeup comes off, leaving me with a streaky face. This is my one nemesis, and it's really no fault of the product, just my skin! Sometimes it's less hassle to use MAC StudioFix (I'm NC40), but then I do need to use primer and concealer then, and then reapply later.**sigh** UPDATE (9/15/03): ACK~~ This stuff makes my chin break out in nasty, pussie, sebaceous zits! NEVER AGAIN!