October 23, 2014 | 2007 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2003 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Ash50

I have been using the CSN for 6 months now with good results. However, I have been annoyed lately with my large pores and decided to give this foundation a try again as I used is for 4 years before CSN. I must admit, this keeps me looking matte all day long. It truly gives the best coverage of any foundation I've tried and I think that I will re-add it into my make up routine!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2003 10:33:00 PM More reviews by NewOrleansLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm very impressed with this. I live in a hot cliamte and didn't want to have to spend a lot of money on a "winter" foundation because I wouldn't get the chance to wear it as much (even in the winter).
    This has a good coverage, it hides my freckles. It does stay on all day but, that dosen't mean that it won't rub off onto clothes, or whatever it mayt come into contact with. No problems with acne or any other makeup induced problems. Although, my skin can, and has, taken to everything that I put on it without any problems. This is a heavy foundation, at least compared to what I am used to wearing, so your skin might react differently.
    Overall I'm happy that I gave it a chance.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2003 4:55:00 AM More reviews by asianstudent

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this a while back before I became hooked onto MAC products. It's not bad per se, providing good matte coverage, but several things to point out (that have been previously mentioned)... a) need to moisterize and prime underneath to help it glide on better, b) need to powder on top to set it, c) it still rubs off very easily, d) still has to be used in conjunction with concealer if you have even moderate colored scarring. But I never had any problems with acne using this(and I have oily skin). It's not bad, but esp for my asian skin, I prefer MAC.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2003 1:18:00 PM More reviews by JoyceA

I agree with other reviewers that you have to blend like mad to get this looking anywhere near natural, but its really worth the effort. I have pale pale skin and its a nightmare finding a foundation which is the right colour - either they are too yellow and leave an unsightly line where the makeup ends (my absolute number one makeup nightmare, both on myself and on other people) or else they are so pale that I look like something out of a horror film. But I have found a shade in this makeup that is so good that it could take an hour to blend it and I would still think its worth the effort. The only drawback it the packaging - how exactly am I meant to get the product out of a glass bottle without pouring it everywhere ? Presumably this is a not so cunning ploy to make me accidentally pour out five times as much as we need every time I use it.....

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2003 2:32:00 AM More reviews by Jenibel

Finally a foundation! My hg was discontinued, and I have found this. It covers very well, and you will have to blend it right away, because it can be fast drying. Also you have smooth it out around the nose area pretty fast before it sets. This stuff lasts all day! And covers very well, It is not sheer at all. I got 02, buff, which is a neutral light color. It has no pinkish or yellow undertones, and no orange at all. I think it is worth buying again and I am so glad I found it! After 2 bottles almost gone, i think I am very happy with it!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2003 12:08:00 AM More reviews by anne00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an ok product, not the best. For some reason it doesn't seem to last all day. I have combination skin and if you have dry parts the foundation will make it more noticeable. It dried pretty quickly, which makes it quite hard to blend. The foundation has a waterly texture. I will not be re-purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2003 4:22:00 AM More reviews by raffles

This is a great foundation for oily or combination skin that needs medium, long-lasting coverage. Be sure to blend this quickly (it dries in a second!) with a slightly damp sponge and you will get a great finish.

Some of the darker shades seem slightly 'orangey'. If you have fair skin you can use Buff, which is a better, yellow-based shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2003 7:48:00 PM More reviews by chi77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The reason why I keep coming back to this fdtn is possibly the price. It's cheap for a smudge-proof lasting fdtn with high coverage and a shade that matches perfectly to my skintone ("buff"). If you find this cakey, thick or coming off, you're probably applying too much. Let it set for 2 minutes and dust some loose powder. I have some visible pores and so applying a makeup base prevents those areas from caking. BTW, I only use 3 pearl drops for the whole face. HTH!! UPDATE: I can now skip makeup base cause I find my pores no longer look obvious. All thanks to Olay Total Effects and Clinique Total Turnaround!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2003 2:02:00 PM More reviews by natashik1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I like this foundation because it provides a good coverage for redness and small imperfections, as well as has a good staying power. Doesn't make my skin look greasy, feels nice to apply. However, I am still looking for that One foundation that will make me just plain Happy every time I use it. Please create such foundation, anyone? :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2003 5:46:00 AM More reviews by sugarbabydoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The only reason why I keep buying this would have to be that the shade buff is a pretty damn close match to my skin tone. Its a very cakey looking makeup on so your best bet is to probably mix it with a little moisturiser, its blendability is also pretty poor too