April 19, 2014 | 1772 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Discontinued and Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2003 10:24:00 PM More reviews by peachykeen01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation covers everything, and sand beige is a good match for my skin, but it doesn't stay on me! It might be because I still put green concealer on before, since everyone else says it stays on. I'd buy it again because it just makes your skin look perfect! *edit* I just use the foundation by itself now, and it stays on all day! I just put a few dots on the places I really need it, and then I use it on my whole face.
    *EDIT* I realized I just don't need this much coverage..also, it tends to look cakey most of the time. :-\

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2003 6:11:00 PM More reviews by bzbibi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Way too drying and looked sooo fake like latex on my face! It covers a lot, but it looks way too matte. My friend swore by it so I purchased it but I guess it doesn't work well with all people. I have asian skin that is slighly acnegenic and the color was also not a good match ^ i almost bought two colors to mix shades until i realised i did not even like the foundation itself!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2003 7:40:00 PM More reviews by 405hung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Is this the "love-or-hate-it" foundation?! It gives the even/full coverage within a second, but the trick is you only apply one small section of the face at a time, and better do it FAST. Most importantly, choose the color that match with your neck color, otherwise it will make you a chalky look. Finally, don't expect the foundation can come off with the ordinary face wash. I am using DHC deep cleansing oil and then Johnson& Johnson's body wash. I do it twice and always using the wash cloth at the same time. It really doesn't take me much time to remove the makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2003 1:24:00 AM More reviews by chaoz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

winter is always kind to my oily skin... but come summer... my foundation usually just can't WAIT to slide itself off my face!!! And I've tried many many long-lasting or oil-control foundations..... the winner without a question... is still the original Revlon Colorstay... a little quick to dry and relatively harder to blend... but works amazing every single time... better even than the new colorstay natural in terms of long-lastingness... try not to layer as it'll create streaks and cake up... also you'll need a pretty exact match in this otherwise it'll definitely make your face look like a real mask... all in all my holy grail in a bottle..... great stuff!!! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2003 5:42:00 PM More reviews by harleyandhank

I cannot keep makeup on my oily skin. This makeup stays on. I also need lots of coverage due to my bad skin. I do not feel this foundation on my skin due to the fact that it absorbs oil. I use buff and have never found a better match for my skin. Thrilled!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2003 3:40:00 AM More reviews by jomia23

Being a fair-skinned Asian, it was hard to find the right color, one which wouldn't look to pink on me. I also use bronzer instead of actually tanning my face. It seems that Natural Tan suits me best, without looking too fake. The consistency is very thick, so I like to apply it right after moisturizing. Then I wait for it to set completely before trying to dust powder on. Sometimes I don't have to. Nor do I need to use concealer or primer; and my HUGE PORES DO DISAPPEAR after application. For the first few hours, I am shine free and the makeup doesn't rub off on anything. Alas, due to my extremely oily skin, my face eventually DOES get shiny and when I blot my face, some of the makeup comes off, leaving me with a streaky face. This is my one nemesis, and it's really no fault of the product, just my skin! Sometimes it's less hassle to use MAC StudioFix (I'm NC40), but then I do need to use primer and concealer then, and then reapply later.**sigh** UPDATE (9/15/03): ACK~~ This stuff makes my chin break out in nasty, pussie, sebaceous zits! NEVER AGAIN!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2003 12:03:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

I was very divided about this product for a long time. I once met a flight attendant with incredible looking skin, and I asked her what skin care she used. She said her skin was "horrible" underneath her makeup, which she deemed miraculous. I was expecting her to tell me it was Chanel or something, but she said it was Revlon Colorstay - so of course, once I hit one of the airport stores, I purchased a bottle.

I was told the same thing: "gorgeous skin, beautiful finish, what are you using?" I was delighted! But as soon as I hugged a friend and my makeup came off on his shirt, I knew I was done with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2003 7:29:00 PM More reviews by tamstrat

Colorstay is a good foundation if you want long lasting coverage. Buff is a great color. The finish is heavy, so it is not for the faint of heart. But if you have imperfections in your skin (as I do) it is good for it's coverage. It doesn't blend easily however. That is the one thing I didn't like about it. But I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2003 3:31:00 AM More reviews by brandy102600

all i got to say is i love you colorstay. it makes me look polished and perfect, buff is my color, i love it love it love it,

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2003 12:24:00 AM More reviews by pupanella

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a fanatic about the perfect coverage for my blotchy, blemished skin. I must have tried over 25 various foundations over the years and this by far has the best coverage. There is a method to applying this but after a few days and a damp makeup sponge, the results can be great. There are enough colors to choose from. I have to be honest now, this past winter and spring, I was a daily user of this foundation and kept having chronic breakouts on my face that would not go away! I was so close to calling a dermatologist but changed foundations and in a month, my skin cleared up nicely. I still love this product for the great coverage, but would only use it now for special occasions, not on a daily basis!!!! I am almost positive that it contributed to my chronic acne problem I had.