Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 4/14/2004 2:27:00 AM

I have been purchasing this product for over a year now and rely on it to cover acne scars, ruddiness, and acne, which it does VERY well and it's wonderful medium/heavy coverage is definitely its best PRO. Some CONS are that it is extremely difficult to blend perfectly. I use a darker shade that my skin tone because i am ghost white and find that a darker shade gives me a healthier glow, however, this is not a good foundation for that sort of thing because it is hard to blend at the jawline and onto the neck. I also think it may cause me to break out because it is of such heavy consistancy, but until i find another foundation with such great heavy coverage that won't rub off, i'll stick to this one! (btw, if someone DOES know of a foundation that offers heavy coverage, let me know!:)

This is just ok. I found a *perfect* color for my MAC NC20 skin - 02 Buff. However, it is very hard to apply - extremely thick and dries fast. Looks cakey over my blemishes (which someone noted earlier - I'm not fooling anyone!) The packaging is bad - the top of the bottle is too big to shake out on one finger, if that makes sense... It is so hard remove this makeup too! I use jojoba oil first all over to get the worst off, then cleanse twice to get the rest. I *might* buy this again, but I would only wear it for a night out when I wouldn't be in bright lights, since then, it gives a very porcelain look.

on 4/4/2004 5:47:00 PM

I can not tell you how much I HATE this foundation. I have oily skin that needs some covering too. This is just too cakey, obvious, thick and overall yucky. I like the lighter "natural" colorstay foundation MUCH better.

on 3/26/2004 6:53:00 AM

This is a good everyday foundation and it does last better than a lot of others. I have found that you need to get the application right to get the best from it so I apply with a sponge and blend and apply more where needed for a flawless look then set with powder and it does last all day. Good price, good product.

on 3/16/2004 1:21:00 PM

I've been using this product ever since it came onto the market and I absolutely love it. It provides excellent coverage, evens out skin tone and yet it doesn't cake on your skin. It's quite thick for a liquid and it dries fast, but if you spread it quickly over your face you get even coverage. I starting using it because most other foundations I'd tried didn't seem to last the distance by the end of the day (I used to have an oily T-zone). As I've gotten older ): my skin has become drier and more blotchy, yet this foundation still provides excellent results in terms of caking and coverage.

This product was the worst foundation I've ever tried. I have combination skin and after a few hours it looked like I had baked a cake on my face. I don't like the way it felt on my face, like a mask. It felt like my skin could not breathe with this product on.
~~~~~~~~~Thumbs Down!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

on 3/12/2004 3:51:00 PM

This is a very thick foundation that can get cakey if you aren't careful. It is pretty long wearing. It can be difficult to remove so a good make-up remover is essential. I have very light skin and the lightest color is a pretty good match(not perfect) for my skin tone. If you need a full coverage foundation it might be worth a try.

on 3/11/2004 4:45:00 PM

I was in a hurry to get a foundation and thought I should give this a try--it's not bad, but not good either. The consistency is way too heavy and thick for me, and while the color is the closest to my fair yellow-undertoned skin, it still isn't a match although at $11.99 (on sale) I didn't expect too much.

After a few hours I notice the caking and oily parts started to smear, and I don't have oily skin! It is also very hard to blend well because it dries up so quickly. It may be good for someone who needs heavy coverage, but this isn't for me.

on 3/9/2004 5:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite drugstore foundation. This is a medium to full coverage foundation that isn't too thick. Also, it doesn't budge and lasts all day. I use it in Camois (MAC C3) and it's a perfect match. On me, it looks very natural.

on 3/7/2004 11:51:00 AM

This is a good, somewhat pricey foundation. It covers well, and looks natural. It can make your skin a little dry though. It was hard to blend, but I found that putting moisturizer on my skin beforehand made the product go on smoother. Also, if you don't have a good cleanser/makeup remover this isn't going to come off. It really does stay! I love that because I have oily skin and most foundations tend to slide off but not this one!