December 22, 2014 | 1756 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

REFORMULATED. Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=153868/ColorStay-Makeup-%2824-hour-formula---2012/2013%29/Revlon/Liquid

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2004 5:47:00 PM More reviews by ShellTay

I can not tell you how much I HATE this foundation. I have oily skin that needs some covering too. This is just too cakey, obvious, thick and overall yucky. I like the lighter "natural" colorstay foundation MUCH better.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2004 6:53:00 AM More reviews by flick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a good everyday foundation and it does last better than a lot of others. I have found that you need to get the application right to get the best from it so I apply with a sponge and blend and apply more where needed for a flawless look then set with powder and it does last all day. Good price, good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2004 1:21:00 PM More reviews by brigette76

I've been using this product ever since it came onto the market and I absolutely love it. It provides excellent coverage, evens out skin tone and yet it doesn't cake on your skin. It's quite thick for a liquid and it dries fast, but if you spread it quickly over your face you get even coverage. I starting using it because most other foundations I'd tried didn't seem to last the distance by the end of the day (I used to have an oily T-zone). As I've gotten older ): my skin has become drier and more blotchy, yet this foundation still provides excellent results in terms of caking and coverage.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2004 4:37:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product was the worst foundation I've ever tried. I have combination skin and after a few hours it looked like I had baked a cake on my face. I don't like the way it felt on my face, like a mask. It felt like my skin could not breathe with this product on.
~~~~~~~~~Thumbs Down!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2004 3:51:00 PM More reviews by axialmeow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a very thick foundation that can get cakey if you aren't careful. It is pretty long wearing. It can be difficult to remove so a good make-up remover is essential. I have very light skin and the lightest color is a pretty good match(not perfect) for my skin tone. If you need a full coverage foundation it might be worth a try.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2004 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Joseibi

I was in a hurry to get a foundation and thought I should give this a try--it's not bad, but not good either. The consistency is way too heavy and thick for me, and while the color is the closest to my fair yellow-undertoned skin, it still isn't a match although at $11.99 (on sale) I didn't expect too much.

After a few hours I notice the caking and oily parts started to smear, and I don't have oily skin! It is also very hard to blend well because it dries up so quickly. It may be good for someone who needs heavy coverage, but this isn't for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2004 5:30:00 AM More reviews by bunny207

This is my favorite drugstore foundation. This is a medium to full coverage foundation that isn't too thick. Also, it doesn't budge and lasts all day. I use it in Camois (MAC C3) and it's a perfect match. On me, it looks very natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2004 11:51:00 AM More reviews by WinterHobbes

This is a good, somewhat pricey foundation. It covers well, and looks natural. It can make your skin a little dry though. It was hard to blend, but I found that putting moisturizer on my skin beforehand made the product go on smoother. Also, if you don't have a good cleanser/makeup remover this isn't going to come off. It really does stay! I love that because I have oily skin and most foundations tend to slide off but not this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2004 9:52:00 AM More reviews by deefer

I have been using this foundation for over a month and i really thought it was my HG,it covered well, lasted all day, perfect but even their lightest shade (ivory) was making me orange (i hate that) blending it with moisturiser didnt hide that orange tide line, so im afraid ive given it up (untill the summer anyway) and am now giving urban decay a go at least this dosent come in that horrible glass bottle that revlon did!
As soon as revlon produce a lighter shade for this it will be back up there on my makeup stand

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2004 9:19:00 AM More reviews by innamorata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't really know how to rate this foundation. The color I purchased, Ivory, was a good match for my skin, although a little pale. But I could not tell if either of the next two colors, Buff or Nude, would work...so I stuck with Ivory. I have very pale skin with pink undertones that is way oily.

Application was iffy...it blended easily for me, but it just went on so thick! I don't like full coverage...who wants to see cake-y makeup on over a zit? You're not fooling anyone. This was definitely full-coverage makeup. I got around it a bit by applying with a damp makeup wedge...it did go on a bit more sheer, but not much. Plus, applying it this way increased the chances of streaky coverage.

It lasted about eight hours on me. After a couple of hours, I started to get incredibly shiny in the T-zone...but, unlike other makeup, the color itself didn't wash off, I was just oily. Using powder on top helped, although nothing I tried really worked (I tried Colorstay Powder and NYC Translucent). After eight hours there was evidence of the makeup breaking down...my nose started to look like the spackle was coming off...kind of that MJ tape-on-the-nose look. I definitely can't see me using this in the heat and humidity of a Midwestern summer. I think my skin was suffocating!

Which brings me to another point...I was driving myself crazy trying to figure out what this foundation reminded me of. I finally got it one day, as I was examining my face in the mirror...this reminds me of the makeup they put on the corpses at a funeral home!!! It's the same kind of look. NOT the best thought, huh!

And last...I think this is breaking my skin out...different than the zits I normally get. I've been very careful to remove all traces of this at night.

This really isn't working for me. Oddly enough, I don't have a problem with the wide-mouthed bottle...it makes it easier to use the sponge. The price is a bit much for a drugstore cosmetic...I paid eight bucks at Wal-Mart, but I've seen it as high as $13 at CVS.

UPDATE 4/20/04: I used this to cover a tattoo encircling the upper arm of an actor in our "Passion Play"...it just about covered it fully, although you could still see it slightly. The makeup did not come off during the play, however. Just thought that information might be useful to someone. :) continued >>