August 22, 2014 | 2085 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2004 8:54:00 AM More reviews by Bernardi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yuk. Lately I've tried to experiment with drugstore brands of foundations, and the conclusion I've come to for myself, is that you have to spend the bucks and get good foundation. This made me look gray, it didn't glide on very well at all and I literally felt it on my face. Terrible foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2004 11:25:00 PM More reviews by lorien

I love Revlon Colorstay foundation. I wear Buff and it's the greatest match among my big pile of foundations. It doesn't come off at all and stays put all day. Whenever I wear it, people say I have gorgeous skin, but indeed I don't :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2004 2:57:00 PM More reviews by GlamourKitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This make-up did wonders for me! I have been using it for quite some time. It gives me that flawless look thats very difficult for me to achieve. I have acne scars :::Sighs:: but this does the trick for me. Kinda hard to blend but otherwise works great. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2004 5:46:00 PM More reviews by MyNewHobby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This review is for ColorStay Natural. All I have to say is WOW! Use a brush to lightly apply this and a flawless face emerges. I am extremely impressed with how light and natural looking this is. It does not work well under my eyes(dark circles) so, I use regular CS with Maybelling Smooth Results Concealer and Clinique Continuous Coverage Concealer. Absolutely Flawless! I am fair w/combo skin and Ivory is a perfect match.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2004 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Designkelly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation, its my HG. I've repurchased it various times over the years and have yet to find something better. I've stuck with it and have not regretted it. Everytime I look for another foundation I stop and realize how much I like this one...I hope it never becomes discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2004 10:56:00 PM More reviews by atomic_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

There are definite pros and cons to Revlon Colorstay Foundation.

Pros: I have oily skin that's a bit red and blotchy due to severe acne that I suffered from years ago, so I look for foundations that provide medium to full coverage and have a matte finish. Colorstay has one of the nicest finishes I've ever encountered: it's smooth, even, and velvety, and doesn't emphasize my large pores or settle into themm The colour Buff matches my light skin well and doesn't have any pink or orange tone to it. And this foundation's claims of not rubbing off and staying put are very true...which brings me to...

Cons: This foundation is very tricky to apply. You can't use your fingers to blend it; a sponge is necessary (I found that a sponge-on-a-stick type brush worked OK, but even then, it was very difficult to blend). It sets very quickly, so if you make a mistake and overapply, you're out of luck, although a bit of powder can camouflage application errors. Finally, this makeup is rather difficult to wash off. After a few wipes with a baby wipe, scrubbing with Noxzema and a washcloth, and going over my face with toner, I was STILL picking up traces of makeup.

Another minor gripe: I hate glass bottles for foundation, and this one has a particularly wide opening, so it's very easy to pour out too much. A pump or a squeeze tube would be much more convenient!

Conclusion: Although I love the way it looks, Revlon Colorstay Foundation is not worth the trouble for everyday wear. I'll save it for special occasions. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2004 4:00:00 PM More reviews by puckerup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

YUCK!!! Did not work with my very oily skin. I was oily everywhere (cheeks, T-zone, chin) when I used this stuff. It enhanced my large pores, which was not a pretty picture. Not the type of girl that thinks only high end products are the bomb but this stuff...well, let's just say I will not repurchase. Like Revlon Colorstay Natural much better

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2004 5:05:00 AM More reviews by cherry_crush

dont even TRY blending this with your fingers. Compared to other foundations I LOVE the color, LOVE the consistency, but HATE the fact that unless you blend it within 6 seconds it dries and leaves lines that are impossible to rub off unless you clean your entire face. I guess this would be an excellent foundation if you know what youre doing, otherwise be careful!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2004 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Eleanor_The_Cute

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had been looking for years for a foundation that stayed matte all day and wouldn't slide off . . . and I found it! Yay! Revlon ColorStay may be my Holy Grail (I'll have to wear it a few more times to be sure) because it keeps my oil-prone skin matte through a whole day working frozen foods at my local super Wal-Mart (read: hard physical labor), it sets to my skin quickly and I don't have to use powder or blotting papers, it feels light enough so my face feels naked but it covers well enough to hide cystic acne scars without looking cakey, it doesn't settle into my pores or move around on my face and every time I look in the mirror it really does look like I just applied it. I sweat at my job and even that doesn't phase this foundation. The bottle is a little aqward, and it's more expensive than most drugstore brands, and I do have to work fast to blend and I spend more time removing it at the end of the day than with other foundations, but those are merely minor, minor drawbacks which won't keep me from using it or from buying this makeup again. I am quite pleased with it overall. I wish I had tried it years ago! Update 02/18/04: The wide-necked bottle isn't a problem when I use a makeup sponge rather than my fingers. Sponges are more sanitary and you avoid getting oils in the makeup from your fingers, so I always use a sponge now. Applies and blends better with sponge, too. Am truly amazed at the staying power of this foundation. This is on my permanent Holy Grail list as the best heavy-duty coverage foundation with serious staying power & anti-shine properties.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2004 8:21:00 PM More reviews by perfumeslut

Skip this thick mess of a foundation and go straight to the paint store for some colored spackle. Unless you are 13 and experiencing terrible breakouts forget this. To much foundation when you hit 35 or so AGES you ladies. Stick to a lighter foundation like Loracs (which are the best) or try Revlons Colorstay Natural that has a much lighter consistency.