November 24, 2014 | 1363 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2004 3:23:00 PM More reviews by PamperedPrincess842

I have very oily, acne-prone skin that is a foundations worst enemy. Nothing ever seems to last on my skin or cover everything up as well I want. I have very fair skin, so every little red pimple, dot,scar, or whatever, shows up. I feel naked and vulnerable if I walk out of the house without foundation on. Yet, with summer coming, I was wondering if I should just give up on wearing foundation. It's only going to melt off my face or change colors or magnify my pores. What's the point? Then I tried Revlon Colorstay Make-Up in Ivory. I AM IN LOVE!

It gives excellent full coverage, lasts for hours, the color is a good match for my skin(not too orange), it doesn't settle into my pores and make them look huge. It's near perfect. I so wish I had tried this stuff 7 years ago when I was 13 and started my quest for the perfect foundation. No foundation ever lasts on my skin! This is the only one.

I don't like the glass bottle packaging, I don't like that it dries quickly which can make it difficult to blend, and I don't like the $11.99 price tag at CVS. But I still love this stuff and will continue to buy it forever and ever! It makes my skin look so much better, and that is all that matters to me =)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2004 9:41:00 PM More reviews by gruveechik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i'd give 5 lippies for perfect Caramel Colour. 3 huge lippies off b/c of ingredients: why Retinyl Palmitate?! that's a MAJOR irritant & only afterwards did i realize this foundation has it - dinosaur companies use this form of VitA! Re-read other MUA reviews (on other irritating ingredients) & was too scared to wear this stuff for a day. i don't ever get bumps/acne - except from Retinyl Palmitate & i'm very upset that here in Canada - Revlon only carries Caramel in this foundation & in Skinlights. i suspect this may be an excellent product if it wasn't for the Retinyl Palmitate. Hey Revlon - RU trying 2 drive me nuts? Why not carry New Complexion in Caramel here in Canada? Sorry MUAers - this is a huge rant - i'm down to scraping the bottom of my old foundation stick (Olay #82) = desperate & majorly pissed off with Revlon sucky CANADA!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2004 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Jessica_Dior

i have been using the colorstay ever since the line started
    i have very oily skin
    it is best that i have used
    wish revlon would some light reflective properties to the foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2004 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Corey73

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have had so much trouble with finding foundation in the past. I have extremely oily skin which, in my thirties, still breaks out in tiny zits here and there. I have been using retin-a since my twenties and a few months ago, I started working long hours on film sets in LA, CA in different locations and climates and not since high school, started getting some cystic acne. I now use Tazorac also.

My skin is now in better condition, but still oily and I still get small breakouts around the T-zone from time to time. Most foundations slide off me within hours or change color.

I found Revlon color stay on a tip from Allure Mag. I have used Natural Beige and Medium Beige. This stuff is amazing. I have worked 16 hour days on a set and it still stays! I have gone snowboarding in below freezing conditions and it still stays and I have received compliments on my skin!

The bottle is a bit cumbersome. Someone on this board mentioned a pump bottle. I have yet to see one. I use a Q-tip for application over a moisturiser. I concentrate mostly on my T-Zone which tends to get a bit red and oily. Other than that I just need a thin coat. A little goes a long way. You do need to work fast. The oil free stuff dries quick.

It is a bit pricey for drugstore foundation, but it is worth it.

I find that I don't have to blot my face nearly as much as before, and when I do this foundation doesn't budge.

I also work part-time as a go-go dancer in a night club. I work as many as twelve 10 to 15 minutes sets dancing within a five hour period. My make-up still looks fresh at the end of a shift!!

I highly recommend this to those of you with shiny or problem skin.

Also, when I travel, I either pack the bottle in a plastic lock bag or pour some into a smaller container. No shattered glass so far:-)

Also, today I had lunch w/ a friend. We had drinks @ Hard Rock Cafe and was carded in the middle of the day. The bartender did a double take. I am 36. That's how good this foundation works for my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2004 1:22:00 PM More reviews by marciabrdy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used this for years. Its great for covering acne and making your skin appear flawless. It does need to be blended in quickly as it dries fast. I go back and forth between this and Lancome Maquicontrole but always come back to the Revlon. Cant beat the price either.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2004 12:31:00 PM More reviews by t4729

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Good full coverage...but can be cakey if applied to heavily.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2004 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Bri_Bri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bought this stuff (gasp! a drugstore brand!) after reading reviews on here, and I'm wearing it for the first time right now. It looks different in every lighting! I'm not sure I like it...blending was easy, product high-quality, but even the lightest shade's too dark, and it's fairly unnatural. It looks excellent in some mirrors, though...who knows. Will update this later.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2004 2:27:00 AM More reviews by rachum2323

I have been purchasing this product for over a year now and rely on it to cover acne scars, ruddiness, and acne, which it does VERY well and it's wonderful medium/heavy coverage is definitely its best PRO. Some CONS are that it is extremely difficult to blend perfectly. I use a darker shade that my skin tone because i am ghost white and find that a darker shade gives me a healthier glow, however, this is not a good foundation for that sort of thing because it is hard to blend at the jawline and onto the neck. I also think it may cause me to break out because it is of such heavy consistancy, but until i find another foundation with such great heavy coverage that won't rub off, i'll stick to this one! (btw, if someone DOES know of a foundation that offers heavy coverage, let me know!:)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2004 4:35:00 AM More reviews by honeybearkitty

This is just ok. I found a *perfect* color for my MAC NC20 skin - 02 Buff. However, it is very hard to apply - extremely thick and dries fast. Looks cakey over my blemishes (which someone noted earlier - I'm not fooling anyone!) The packaging is bad - the top of the bottle is too big to shake out on one finger, if that makes sense... It is so hard remove this makeup too! I use jojoba oil first all over to get the worst off, then cleanse twice to get the rest. I *might* buy this again, but I would only wear it for a night out when I wouldn't be in bright lights, since then, it gives a very porcelain look.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2004 5:47:00 PM More reviews by ShellTay

I can not tell you how much I HATE this foundation. I have oily skin that needs some covering too. This is just too cakey, obvious, thick and overall yucky. I like the lighter "natural" colorstay foundation MUCH better.