July 31, 2014 | 1882 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2004 12:31:00 PM More reviews by t4729

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Good full coverage...but can be cakey if applied to heavily.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2004 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Bri_Bri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bought this stuff (gasp! a drugstore brand!) after reading reviews on here, and I'm wearing it for the first time right now. It looks different in every lighting! I'm not sure I like it...blending was easy, product high-quality, but even the lightest shade's too dark, and it's fairly unnatural. It looks excellent in some mirrors, though...who knows. Will update this later.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2004 2:27:00 AM More reviews by rachum2323

I have been purchasing this product for over a year now and rely on it to cover acne scars, ruddiness, and acne, which it does VERY well and it's wonderful medium/heavy coverage is definitely its best PRO. Some CONS are that it is extremely difficult to blend perfectly. I use a darker shade that my skin tone because i am ghost white and find that a darker shade gives me a healthier glow, however, this is not a good foundation for that sort of thing because it is hard to blend at the jawline and onto the neck. I also think it may cause me to break out because it is of such heavy consistancy, but until i find another foundation with such great heavy coverage that won't rub off, i'll stick to this one! (btw, if someone DOES know of a foundation that offers heavy coverage, let me know!:)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2004 4:35:00 AM More reviews by honeybearkitty

This is just ok. I found a *perfect* color for my MAC NC20 skin - 02 Buff. However, it is very hard to apply - extremely thick and dries fast. Looks cakey over my blemishes (which someone noted earlier - I'm not fooling anyone!) The packaging is bad - the top of the bottle is too big to shake out on one finger, if that makes sense... It is so hard remove this makeup too! I use jojoba oil first all over to get the worst off, then cleanse twice to get the rest. I *might* buy this again, but I would only wear it for a night out when I wouldn't be in bright lights, since then, it gives a very porcelain look.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2004 5:47:00 PM More reviews by ShellTay

I can not tell you how much I HATE this foundation. I have oily skin that needs some covering too. This is just too cakey, obvious, thick and overall yucky. I like the lighter "natural" colorstay foundation MUCH better.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2004 6:53:00 AM More reviews by flick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a good everyday foundation and it does last better than a lot of others. I have found that you need to get the application right to get the best from it so I apply with a sponge and blend and apply more where needed for a flawless look then set with powder and it does last all day. Good price, good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2004 1:21:00 PM More reviews by brigette76

I've been using this product ever since it came onto the market and I absolutely love it. It provides excellent coverage, evens out skin tone and yet it doesn't cake on your skin. It's quite thick for a liquid and it dries fast, but if you spread it quickly over your face you get even coverage. I starting using it because most other foundations I'd tried didn't seem to last the distance by the end of the day (I used to have an oily T-zone). As I've gotten older ): my skin has become drier and more blotchy, yet this foundation still provides excellent results in terms of caking and coverage.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2004 4:37:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product was the worst foundation I've ever tried. I have combination skin and after a few hours it looked like I had baked a cake on my face. I don't like the way it felt on my face, like a mask. It felt like my skin could not breathe with this product on.
    ~~~~~~~~~Thumbs Down!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2004 3:51:00 PM More reviews by axialmeow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a very thick foundation that can get cakey if you aren't careful. It is pretty long wearing. It can be difficult to remove so a good make-up remover is essential. I have very light skin and the lightest color is a pretty good match(not perfect) for my skin tone. If you need a full coverage foundation it might be worth a try.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2004 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Joseibi

I was in a hurry to get a foundation and thought I should give this a try--it's not bad, but not good either. The consistency is way too heavy and thick for me, and while the color is the closest to my fair yellow-undertoned skin, it still isn't a match although at $11.99 (on sale) I didn't expect too much.

After a few hours I notice the caking and oily parts started to smear, and I don't have oily skin! It is also very hard to blend well because it dries up so quickly. It may be good for someone who needs heavy coverage, but this isn't for me.