October 21, 2014 | 961 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2004 12:25:00 AM More reviews by owwlala

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Hmmm, this is a good foundation for someone who needs light/sheer coverage since this is not a buildable foundation. The color selection is poor (PINK/ORANGE) and for a retail store the price tag is steep although the bottle is bigger than normal. The wide top bottle causes too much to come out and is GLASS so don't drop it on your bathroom floor. For my oily skin w/olive undertones this will not be a re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2004 10:56:00 PM More reviews by nicole1128

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried almost every foundation on the market and this one offers one of the best coverages. However, if you don't blend it in super fast, it'll dry in a matter of seconds and good luck trying to get it off. I have combination skin and I'm afraid this foundation dries me out too much. I hate the way my face feels after I apply it. It feels like superglue. I think it'd be a great foundation for those with extremely oily skin but steer clear if you have dry skin. This stuff is so hard to get off...it feels like spackle. I had to wash my face pretty hard 3 or 4 times just to get it off! I don't think i'd repurchase it but since this is the only foundation that covers my blemishes very well, I'm not left with much of a choice. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone looking for a "barely there" look. Meh.

edit: This foundation is strange. It goes on really dry for about the first 2 hours and then after that, I get very oily. Anyone else get a spotty look on their nose? It looks as if the oil seperates the makeup. I can't find a way to prevent it. Darn. I was liking this foundation too..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2004 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

wow this stays put. i mean it really does. i swear by it. one of the only foundations where i just don't do touchups anymore. before this i used to pop out my compact powder to touch up on my shinys...but now after discovering this...i rarely or never touch up anymore. a little on the pricey side though for a drugstore brand...cost me $10. but it's worth it. great, full coverage. covers everything...almost to the point of not needing a concealer. doesn't break me out...a little hard to work w/ if you have dry skin like i do...so you really need a good moisturizer for this one. could be my new HG foundation...i still have to try out almay lasting. my only gripe about this foundation...it's so hard to get off! i need a makeup remover for this one or else i'll end up scrubbing it off at night which isn't a good thing. other than that...this is a great foundation because of it's staying power.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2004 3:27:00 PM More reviews by craff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Unlike some others, I don't find this foundation hard to apply(probably because I apply in sections anyways), nor do I find it drying. I have combo/dry skin, and this foundation reduces shine in my t-zone (even hours later), matches my skin tone pretty well (Buff), and doesn't dry out my skin (maybe because I apply moisturizer - Dove Sensitive Essentials Day Lotion) before applying foundation. I only wish that the packaging for the full size is like the sample. I'd prefer it in a plastic tube much more than in a glass bottle with a wide neck. Other than that, this is the best foundation I've tried.
    **Update: Unfortunately this turned out to be too drying for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2004 5:19:00 PM More reviews by laureg

i really like this stuff, and have used it for years. it doesn't streak, fade, or turn a nasty color by the end of the day. on it's own, it gives very opaque coverage, and i look like i am definitely wearing foundation. so i mix it with sunscreen to make a great tinted moisturizer. add a drop of their skinlights into the same concoction, apply, and voila! a beautiful dewy face that only took, uh, 3 products to create.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2004 3:23:00 PM More reviews by PamperedPrincess842

I have very oily, acne-prone skin that is a foundations worst enemy. Nothing ever seems to last on my skin or cover everything up as well I want. I have very fair skin, so every little red pimple, dot,scar, or whatever, shows up. I feel naked and vulnerable if I walk out of the house without foundation on. Yet, with summer coming, I was wondering if I should just give up on wearing foundation. It's only going to melt off my face or change colors or magnify my pores. What's the point? Then I tried Revlon Colorstay Make-Up in Ivory. I AM IN LOVE!

It gives excellent full coverage, lasts for hours, the color is a good match for my skin(not too orange), it doesn't settle into my pores and make them look huge. It's near perfect. I so wish I had tried this stuff 7 years ago when I was 13 and started my quest for the perfect foundation. No foundation ever lasts on my skin! This is the only one.

I don't like the glass bottle packaging, I don't like that it dries quickly which can make it difficult to blend, and I don't like the $11.99 price tag at CVS. But I still love this stuff and will continue to buy it forever and ever! It makes my skin look so much better, and that is all that matters to me =)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2004 9:41:00 PM More reviews by gruveechik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i'd give 5 lippies for perfect Caramel Colour. 3 huge lippies off b/c of ingredients: why Retinyl Palmitate?! that's a MAJOR irritant & only afterwards did i realize this foundation has it - dinosaur companies use this form of VitA! Re-read other MUA reviews (on other irritating ingredients) & was too scared to wear this stuff for a day. i don't ever get bumps/acne - except from Retinyl Palmitate & i'm very upset that here in Canada - Revlon only carries Caramel in this foundation & in Skinlights. i suspect this may be an excellent product if it wasn't for the Retinyl Palmitate. Hey Revlon - RU trying 2 drive me nuts? Why not carry New Complexion in Caramel here in Canada? Sorry MUAers - this is a huge rant - i'm down to scraping the bottom of my old foundation stick (Olay #82) = desperate & majorly pissed off with Revlon sucky CANADA!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2004 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Jessica_Dior

i have been using the colorstay ever since the line started
    i have very oily skin
    it is best that i have used
    wish revlon would some light reflective properties to the foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2004 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Corey73

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have had so much trouble with finding foundation in the past. I have extremely oily skin which, in my thirties, still breaks out in tiny zits here and there. I have been using retin-a since my twenties and a few months ago, I started working long hours on film sets in LA, CA in different locations and climates and not since high school, started getting some cystic acne. I now use Tazorac also.

My skin is now in better condition, but still oily and I still get small breakouts around the T-zone from time to time. Most foundations slide off me within hours or change color.

I found Revlon color stay on a tip from Allure Mag. I have used Natural Beige and Medium Beige. This stuff is amazing. I have worked 16 hour days on a set and it still stays! I have gone snowboarding in below freezing conditions and it still stays and I have received compliments on my skin!

The bottle is a bit cumbersome. Someone on this board mentioned a pump bottle. I have yet to see one. I use a Q-tip for application over a moisturiser. I concentrate mostly on my T-Zone which tends to get a bit red and oily. Other than that I just need a thin coat. A little goes a long way. You do need to work fast. The oil free stuff dries quick.

It is a bit pricey for drugstore foundation, but it is worth it.

I find that I don't have to blot my face nearly as much as before, and when I do this foundation doesn't budge.

I also work part-time as a go-go dancer in a night club. I work as many as twelve 10 to 15 minutes sets dancing within a five hour period. My make-up still looks fresh at the end of a shift!!

I highly recommend this to those of you with shiny or problem skin.

Also, when I travel, I either pack the bottle in a plastic lock bag or pour some into a smaller container. No shattered glass so far:-)

Also, today I had lunch w/ a friend. We had drinks @ Hard Rock Cafe and was carded in the middle of the day. The bartender did a double take. I am 36. That's how good this foundation works for my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2004 1:22:00 PM More reviews by marciabrdy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used this for years. Its great for covering acne and making your skin appear flawless. It does need to be blended in quickly as it dries fast. I go back and forth between this and Lancome Maquicontrole but always come back to the Revlon. Cant beat the price either.