Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 10/3/2004 9:30:00 AM

I bought this product because i had a go to ball to, and had applied so much fake tan that my normal foundation (elizabeth arden bare perfection) didn't match my skin. The MA helped me find a great match for my "new" skin colour, which with the coverage of this is really important. The coverage is meant to be full, but you could apply just a thin layer to get sheer coverage. Stayed put all night when i used it with SM primer, and Jurlique silk dust. The glass container was pretty awlful but i would buy this product again because it does what its meant to!!! Update: don't use this if you want to look great in pictures, goes horribly white in photo's

on 9/30/2004 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have an oily complexion with some scarring from blemishes as a teenager. This product is overall the best I have tried, and I have tried them all from cheap drugstore buys to department stores. Revlon is a classic in my opinion.

on 9/20/2004 11:08:00 PM

After using Clinique for years, I thought there HAD to be a better mattifying foundation for my pinkish combination skin to even out skin tone and not break me out. Since using this, my skin looks perfect, even without powder all day and does not look masky or cakey at all. Blending is easy when done fast (as I do) but I feel this would not be good for very dry skin. The color selection is great especially because they are pink based compared to the orangey tones from drugstore brands that normally dont match my skin at all. This is my HG foundation and will never need to try anything else!

on 9/19/2004 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Although I'm huge fan of Classified Cosmetics ERA spray on foundation and it remains my favorite, this Revlon probably comes in second. I have 40 yr old skin, some lines/wrinkles, sunpots, red areas ~ just generally not very pretty skin. Revlon Colorstay covers everything beautifully and leaves me with a nice even complexion. I've found that putting a foundation primer on first and letting it set a bit helps in the blendability (is that a word?) of this product. I have tanned skin and find that Natural Tan works well for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product I have mixed feelings about. I like the coverage, spf, oil free, but it cakes mid day, and the color selection is little to none. I guess this is good if you run out of nice HG foundation and need something to get you by until the next mall trip.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I wore this foundation a few years ago and decided to give it another try. I tried to apply this foundation using a sponge and it streaked all over my face. I resorted to using my fingers and it applied much smoother. This foundation has very full coverage. The first few hours, my oily skin stayed matte (a minor miracle). After 4 hours, though, the foundation started sinking into fine lines that I didn't know I had and settling into my pores. It almost looked like the oil on my face separated the foundation!! This foundation may be okay for someone with normal to combination skin, but it just didn't work for my very oily skin :-(

I have quite oily skin, with a few blemishes and some red blotches (from old pimples) and just general un-even skin tone.
I was at the Revlon counter and the SA suggested it.
It is fantastic. It lasts all day and keeps the shine at bay. It has great coverage.
It retails for $34.95 in Australia

on 9/16/2004 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I have extremely oily skin, but this foundation still wears well on me.
In fact, this is the first foundation I've ever worn that doesn't just "float" in a greasy layer on my skin after a few hours of wear. It does a good job of keeping oily shine to a minimum, too, which is no easy feat on my face.
I use the "Ivory" shade, and it works very well on my very fair, slightly pink-toned complexion.
There is only one thing for which to watch out when using this foundation: Apply to only small areas of the face at a time, and BLEND QUICKLY!
Once this stuff sets,it's not going anywhere.
But it really is not difficult to get a smooth, natural look with this foundation, as long as you pay attention to what you're doing.
I will keep buying this stuff until or unless Revlon either discontinues it, changes the formula, or raises the price drastically.

on 9/10/2004 4:32:00 PM

I used to really like this foundation, but it just looks and feels too much like a mask for me now that my skin has improved and I don't have as much to cover. I gave 3 lippies basically for the coverage and the fact that the shade I used was a perfect match for my skin tone. The packaging, a glass bottle, could be better, but could also be worse. I can remember knocking it over a few times while I was using it and since the opening is so big, I lost a lot of the makeup! It got me through some times when I had scars from breakouts in my teens. But now I prefer something lighter and not as matte. They're not joking when they say Color STAY either! This stuff isn't easy to wash off. Even after washing twice and using toner it still felt like I had traces left on my skin. Overall, useful when I needed it, but too heavy for me now.

on 9/10/2004 2:48:00 PM

Finally, after reading Paula Begoun's reviews for years about this foundation, I actually bought it.
I have a very oily skin and am sick of trying to find something that really does the job....but I am very impressed with this.
Applied over a light moisturiser with a damp sponge it covers well without looking glucky, and it lasts perfectly, even in the heat.
I did have slight problems applying stick blush over it because it dries quickly....maybe mix the blush with a little moisturiser so that it spreads more easily.
Anyway...recommend it 100%