October 30, 2014 | 1745 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2004 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Angela4508

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure what the difference is in the MUA listing for Colorstay foundation or liquid. Any way, I use the regular Colorstay Liquid foundation in Buff. I'm early 30's with oily skin and a PPP complexion. This foundation works well for me. It does dry quickly but no more quickly to me than Macqicontrole by Lancome. Just apply it one area at a time. I've never had a problem putting this on. It stays like they say it does and it really helps keep the shine away. I don't touch up nearly as often as I normally do and it makes my skin look great. The only con to me is the glass bottle with the opening that is too big. Will buy again for sure.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2004 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Lora04

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this stuff once and will never touch it again! Aren't foundations supposed to be appliable? Who can get this stuff on? It spreads across your face like dried paint... I ended up looking splotched and flakey. Yuke!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2004 11:14:00 AM More reviews by nicole1128

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Every foundation has the opportunity to make you look cakey. It's all in how you apply it. You have to know how to apply this stuff right or it'll cake up. Also, a little of this goes a long way. When i first started using it, i put too much on and i could see the oils from my nose would seperate the makeup. Now I only use a tiny drop and I don't get that anymore. Also, you have to do your whole face rather quick or it'll be uneven and caked in certain areas. That's really the only downside I can find to this foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2004 8:33:00 PM More reviews by jassygirl85

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is over priced junk in my opinion. It's too thick and its super hard to blend b/c it dries so friggin quick. Feels like a mask on top of a mask! I would never wear this again. I didnt use it enough to say if it broke me out or not..but its so thick, it problably would have. I sold mine on ebay...but the lady who bought it told me she liked it. Maybe I wasnt applying it right. I dont know...but I thought the coverage was way to thick and it was hard to work with.I tried mixing it with some water, mixing it with a moisterizer, mixing it with witch hazel (I heard it makes foundation thinner), using a sponge...but still, the results were no good...Thumbs up to anyone who could work with this..Needless to say - I wont be buying it again.
    continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2004 8:20:00 PM More reviews by cocacolagirl

I'm a daily foundation wearer and I've used up 3 bottles of this foundation nonconsistently within 3 years. I've come to disliking it after finding a better foundation like "Almay Long Lasting" foundation. This "Revlon Colorstay" foundation was too thick for me. I have large pores and acne prone skin and this foundation enhanced the visibility of the pores. It is a good coverage foundation, but it is hard to apply. It does not blend in well when applying it and drys too quick to blend it in well. Worst of all it stays looking cakey and it made me break out. I realized recently that it was this foundation that was making me break out alot when I used it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2004 9:31:00 PM More reviews by chickadee71586

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this product. If you are looking for total coverage, this is certainly the product for you. One of the major cons about this item is that it is a little thick. It will definitly stay on all day, and it isn't cakey.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2004 9:28:00 PM More reviews by conniecorn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

i go back and forth with this one; i like it and i also like estee's day wear; i am always searching for a makeup that will stay on for a long period of time; this is close-pluses=lots of shades to pick from; cost negatives=hard to blend, can look maskey.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2004 10:48:00 PM More reviews by nicole1128

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm confused with this foundation. On certain days, it'll stay on for hours and not get shiny but on others, it'll melt off in an hour. I can't moisturize or wear anything underneath this foundation because it slides right off. I must have extremely oily skin. I also notice this does exactly the opposite of what it claims. About 3 hours later, I notice the shade turns darker. I thought this was called Colorstay for a reason? This is definetly a foundation you have to be careful with. It could look very cakey/chalky if you apply too much. It doesn't look right if you try to 'layer' it...it'll just bunch up and look too obvious. It's great coverage though. I don't even need concealer with it which is a huge plus. I also wouldn't recommend using powder..it'd probobly look very dry and chalky. I use a very, very small amount of powder on my t-zone to set it so it doesn't cake up. I couldn't find my shade so I'm mixing Sand Beige and Nude together and it's just right. I have to wash my face and reapply this about every 6-7 hours...that's probobly the biggest disapointment.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2004 9:20:00 PM More reviews by mich52331

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff hides my mild acne scarring, redness, and undereye circles. My skin stays oil-free for most of the day. Coverage is super-matte, which I adore!

Unlike other reviewers, I find it easy to apply. Just don't put too much on. Apply a thin layer, then apply more with a concealer brush over scars, etc.

I don't think the finish is as stiff and dry as some reviewers say. Still, there are more natural-looking products out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2004 5:19:00 AM More reviews by mizzypuss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Revlon makes some of the best cosmetics I've ever used, their lipstick, especially. But this review is about Revlon foundation, so I must force myself to stay on the subject. >^_^<

Revlon's ColorStay foundation is awesome stuff. Revlon is the Cadillac of all supermarket cosmetics, if you will. The foundation spreads well, has a nice selection of colors, and STAYS PUT. When you put it on, you actually have to give it a few minutes to dry and set before doing anything else.. but after it sets, it stays. You could do almost anything in this foundation and it wouldn't bother it in the least, and it washes off easily. Definately reccommended.