July 25, 2014 | 965 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2004 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

wow this stays put. i mean it really does. i swear by it. one of the only foundations where i just don't do touchups anymore. before this i used to pop out my compact powder to touch up on my shinys...but now after discovering this...i rarely or never touch up anymore. a little on the pricey side though for a drugstore brand...cost me $10. but it's worth it. great, full coverage. covers everything...almost to the point of not needing a concealer. doesn't break me out...a little hard to work w/ if you have dry skin like i do...so you really need a good moisturizer for this one. could be my new HG foundation...i still have to try out almay lasting. my only gripe about this foundation...it's so hard to get off! i need a makeup remover for this one or else i'll end up scrubbing it off at night which isn't a good thing. other than that...this is a great foundation because of it's staying power.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2004 3:27:00 PM More reviews by craff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Unlike some others, I don't find this foundation hard to apply(probably because I apply in sections anyways), nor do I find it drying. I have combo/dry skin, and this foundation reduces shine in my t-zone (even hours later), matches my skin tone pretty well (Buff), and doesn't dry out my skin (maybe because I apply moisturizer - Dove Sensitive Essentials Day Lotion) before applying foundation. I only wish that the packaging for the full size is like the sample. I'd prefer it in a plastic tube much more than in a glass bottle with a wide neck. Other than that, this is the best foundation I've tried.
    **Update: Unfortunately this turned out to be too drying for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2004 5:19:00 PM More reviews by laureg

i really like this stuff, and have used it for years. it doesn't streak, fade, or turn a nasty color by the end of the day. on it's own, it gives very opaque coverage, and i look like i am definitely wearing foundation. so i mix it with sunscreen to make a great tinted moisturizer. add a drop of their skinlights into the same concoction, apply, and voila! a beautiful dewy face that only took, uh, 3 products to create.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2004 3:23:00 PM More reviews by PamperedPrincess842

I have very oily, acne-prone skin that is a foundations worst enemy. Nothing ever seems to last on my skin or cover everything up as well I want. I have very fair skin, so every little red pimple, dot,scar, or whatever, shows up. I feel naked and vulnerable if I walk out of the house without foundation on. Yet, with summer coming, I was wondering if I should just give up on wearing foundation. It's only going to melt off my face or change colors or magnify my pores. What's the point? Then I tried Revlon Colorstay Make-Up in Ivory. I AM IN LOVE!

It gives excellent full coverage, lasts for hours, the color is a good match for my skin(not too orange), it doesn't settle into my pores and make them look huge. It's near perfect. I so wish I had tried this stuff 7 years ago when I was 13 and started my quest for the perfect foundation. No foundation ever lasts on my skin! This is the only one.

I don't like the glass bottle packaging, I don't like that it dries quickly which can make it difficult to blend, and I don't like the $11.99 price tag at CVS. But I still love this stuff and will continue to buy it forever and ever! It makes my skin look so much better, and that is all that matters to me =)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2004 9:41:00 PM More reviews by gruveechik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i'd give 5 lippies for perfect Caramel Colour. 3 huge lippies off b/c of ingredients: why Retinyl Palmitate?! that's a MAJOR irritant & only afterwards did i realize this foundation has it - dinosaur companies use this form of VitA! Re-read other MUA reviews (on other irritating ingredients) & was too scared to wear this stuff for a day. i don't ever get bumps/acne - except from Retinyl Palmitate & i'm very upset that here in Canada - Revlon only carries Caramel in this foundation & in Skinlights. i suspect this may be an excellent product if it wasn't for the Retinyl Palmitate. Hey Revlon - RU trying 2 drive me nuts? Why not carry New Complexion in Caramel here in Canada? Sorry MUAers - this is a huge rant - i'm down to scraping the bottom of my old foundation stick (Olay #82) = desperate & majorly pissed off with Revlon sucky CANADA!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2004 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Jessica_Dior

i have been using the colorstay ever since the line started
    i have very oily skin
    it is best that i have used
    wish revlon would some light reflective properties to the foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2004 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Corey73

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have had so much trouble with finding foundation in the past. I have extremely oily skin which, in my thirties, still breaks out in tiny zits here and there. I have been using retin-a since my twenties and a few months ago, I started working long hours on film sets in LA, CA in different locations and climates and not since high school, started getting some cystic acne. I now use Tazorac also.

My skin is now in better condition, but still oily and I still get small breakouts around the T-zone from time to time. Most foundations slide off me within hours or change color.

I found Revlon color stay on a tip from Allure Mag. I have used Natural Beige and Medium Beige. This stuff is amazing. I have worked 16 hour days on a set and it still stays! I have gone snowboarding in below freezing conditions and it still stays and I have received compliments on my skin!

The bottle is a bit cumbersome. Someone on this board mentioned a pump bottle. I have yet to see one. I use a Q-tip for application over a moisturiser. I concentrate mostly on my T-Zone which tends to get a bit red and oily. Other than that I just need a thin coat. A little goes a long way. You do need to work fast. The oil free stuff dries quick.

It is a bit pricey for drugstore foundation, but it is worth it.

I find that I don't have to blot my face nearly as much as before, and when I do this foundation doesn't budge.

I also work part-time as a go-go dancer in a night club. I work as many as twelve 10 to 15 minutes sets dancing within a five hour period. My make-up still looks fresh at the end of a shift!!

I highly recommend this to those of you with shiny or problem skin.

Also, when I travel, I either pack the bottle in a plastic lock bag or pour some into a smaller container. No shattered glass so far:-)

Also, today I had lunch w/ a friend. We had drinks @ Hard Rock Cafe and was carded in the middle of the day. The bartender did a double take. I am 36. That's how good this foundation works for my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2004 1:22:00 PM More reviews by marciabrdy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used this for years. Its great for covering acne and making your skin appear flawless. It does need to be blended in quickly as it dries fast. I go back and forth between this and Lancome Maquicontrole but always come back to the Revlon. Cant beat the price either.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2004 12:31:00 PM More reviews by t4729

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Good full coverage...but can be cakey if applied to heavily.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2004 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Bri_Bri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bought this stuff (gasp! a drugstore brand!) after reading reviews on here, and I'm wearing it for the first time right now. It looks different in every lighting! I'm not sure I like it...blending was easy, product high-quality, but even the lightest shade's too dark, and it's fairly unnatural. It looks excellent in some mirrors, though...who knows. Will update this later.