September 1, 2014 | 2161 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2004 9:20:00 PM More reviews by mich52331

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff hides my mild acne scarring, redness, and undereye circles. My skin stays oil-free for most of the day. Coverage is super-matte, which I adore!

Unlike other reviewers, I find it easy to apply. Just don't put too much on. Apply a thin layer, then apply more with a concealer brush over scars, etc.

I don't think the finish is as stiff and dry as some reviewers say. Still, there are more natural-looking products out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2004 5:19:00 AM More reviews by mizzypuss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Revlon makes some of the best cosmetics I've ever used, their lipstick, especially. But this review is about Revlon foundation, so I must force myself to stay on the subject. >^_^<

Revlon's ColorStay foundation is awesome stuff. Revlon is the Cadillac of all supermarket cosmetics, if you will. The foundation spreads well, has a nice selection of colors, and STAYS PUT. When you put it on, you actually have to give it a few minutes to dry and set before doing anything else.. but after it sets, it stays. You could do almost anything in this foundation and it wouldn't bother it in the least, and it washes off easily. Definately reccommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2004 9:33:00 AM More reviews by gnippy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I received this item in a swap. After the mixed reviews I wasn't sure what to expect but I wanted to give it a try. I have been amazed how well this product works for me. It really stays on, and looks fresh and natural after hours of wear. My face stays matte and there is no smearing or running. It blends well and ofters medium coverage. I love the pump container as it is easier for me to control the amount of foundation I use therefore less waste. This has become one of my HG foundations.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2004 12:25:00 AM More reviews by owwlala

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Hmmm, this is a good foundation for someone who needs light/sheer coverage since this is not a buildable foundation. The color selection is poor (PINK/ORANGE) and for a retail store the price tag is steep although the bottle is bigger than normal. The wide top bottle causes too much to come out and is GLASS so don't drop it on your bathroom floor. For my oily skin w/olive undertones this will not be a re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2004 10:56:00 PM More reviews by nicole1128

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried almost every foundation on the market and this one offers one of the best coverages. However, if you don't blend it in super fast, it'll dry in a matter of seconds and good luck trying to get it off. I have combination skin and I'm afraid this foundation dries me out too much. I hate the way my face feels after I apply it. It feels like superglue. I think it'd be a great foundation for those with extremely oily skin but steer clear if you have dry skin. This stuff is so hard to get off...it feels like spackle. I had to wash my face pretty hard 3 or 4 times just to get it off! I don't think i'd repurchase it but since this is the only foundation that covers my blemishes very well, I'm not left with much of a choice. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone looking for a "barely there" look. Meh.

edit: This foundation is strange. It goes on really dry for about the first 2 hours and then after that, I get very oily. Anyone else get a spotty look on their nose? It looks as if the oil seperates the makeup. I can't find a way to prevent it. Darn. I was liking this foundation too..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2004 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

wow this stays put. i mean it really does. i swear by it. one of the only foundations where i just don't do touchups anymore. before this i used to pop out my compact powder to touch up on my shinys...but now after discovering this...i rarely or never touch up anymore. a little on the pricey side though for a drugstore brand...cost me $10. but it's worth it. great, full coverage. covers everything...almost to the point of not needing a concealer. doesn't break me out...a little hard to work w/ if you have dry skin like i do...so you really need a good moisturizer for this one. could be my new HG foundation...i still have to try out almay lasting. my only gripe about this foundation...it's so hard to get off! i need a makeup remover for this one or else i'll end up scrubbing it off at night which isn't a good thing. other than that...this is a great foundation because of it's staying power.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2004 3:27:00 PM More reviews by craff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Unlike some others, I don't find this foundation hard to apply(probably because I apply in sections anyways), nor do I find it drying. I have combo/dry skin, and this foundation reduces shine in my t-zone (even hours later), matches my skin tone pretty well (Buff), and doesn't dry out my skin (maybe because I apply moisturizer - Dove Sensitive Essentials Day Lotion) before applying foundation. I only wish that the packaging for the full size is like the sample. I'd prefer it in a plastic tube much more than in a glass bottle with a wide neck. Other than that, this is the best foundation I've tried.
    **Update: Unfortunately this turned out to be too drying for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2004 5:19:00 PM More reviews by laureg

i really like this stuff, and have used it for years. it doesn't streak, fade, or turn a nasty color by the end of the day. on it's own, it gives very opaque coverage, and i look like i am definitely wearing foundation. so i mix it with sunscreen to make a great tinted moisturizer. add a drop of their skinlights into the same concoction, apply, and voila! a beautiful dewy face that only took, uh, 3 products to create.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2004 3:23:00 PM More reviews by PamperedPrincess842

I have very oily, acne-prone skin that is a foundations worst enemy. Nothing ever seems to last on my skin or cover everything up as well I want. I have very fair skin, so every little red pimple, dot,scar, or whatever, shows up. I feel naked and vulnerable if I walk out of the house without foundation on. Yet, with summer coming, I was wondering if I should just give up on wearing foundation. It's only going to melt off my face or change colors or magnify my pores. What's the point? Then I tried Revlon Colorstay Make-Up in Ivory. I AM IN LOVE!

It gives excellent full coverage, lasts for hours, the color is a good match for my skin(not too orange), it doesn't settle into my pores and make them look huge. It's near perfect. I so wish I had tried this stuff 7 years ago when I was 13 and started my quest for the perfect foundation. No foundation ever lasts on my skin! This is the only one.

I don't like the glass bottle packaging, I don't like that it dries quickly which can make it difficult to blend, and I don't like the $11.99 price tag at CVS. But I still love this stuff and will continue to buy it forever and ever! It makes my skin look so much better, and that is all that matters to me =)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2004 9:41:00 PM More reviews by gruveechik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i'd give 5 lippies for perfect Caramel Colour. 3 huge lippies off b/c of ingredients: why Retinyl Palmitate?! that's a MAJOR irritant & only afterwards did i realize this foundation has it - dinosaur companies use this form of VitA! Re-read other MUA reviews (on other irritating ingredients) & was too scared to wear this stuff for a day. i don't ever get bumps/acne - except from Retinyl Palmitate & i'm very upset that here in Canada - Revlon only carries Caramel in this foundation & in Skinlights. i suspect this may be an excellent product if it wasn't for the Retinyl Palmitate. Hey Revlon - RU trying 2 drive me nuts? Why not carry New Complexion in Caramel here in Canada? Sorry MUAers - this is a huge rant - i'm down to scraping the bottom of my old foundation stick (Olay #82) = desperate & majorly pissed off with Revlon sucky CANADA!