October 25, 2014 | 1683 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2004 1:45:00 PM More reviews by katlynel

This stuff is amazing. I'd been holding off on it because I wasn't sure about the color selection, but I sprang for it, and it's phenomenal. The shade 02 Buff corresponds to MAC NC20ish (don't you hate it when people write reviews and say "the color Buff is perfect for me" without telling you their coloring for reference?). Anyway, this stuff sinks right in and looks totally matte and believable, toning down my redness and covering up my zits so I need only the tiniest dab of concealer. It doesn't need to be set with powder. I get zero oil breakthrough over the course of the day, which is amazing given that I ALWAYS get oil breakthrough. Doesn't rub off (I hate worrying about my foundation rubbing off onto other people or onto my clothes). No zits, and *everything* gives me zits. I'd love an SPF higher than 6, but I break out from chemical sunscreens, so I love the titanium dioxide base of this. SPF 6 is a lot better than nothing.

I got a 99 cent sample of this before buying and I loved applying it with a fingertip and the little squeeze tube. The wide mouthed glass bottle on the full size is awful. I wonder if I can figure out a way to transfer it into the little squeeze tube. :( Anyway, great foundation, pricey for drugstore foundation but a bargain compared to the department store foundations it outperforms.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2004 6:05:00 PM More reviews by babeonabroomstick

I did not like this foundation at all. It completely broke out my skin. The coverage is unnatural and looked like a mask. I wish I would have kept my receipt to take it back, it was about $11.99 of garbage.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2004 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Christine124

A staple of my cosmetic drawer, this foundation lasts and lasts, and even with my oily skin, I need few touch ups. Usually just my nose. Covers all the redness and scars. I have tried others, and keep finding myself back here when it comes to long wearing foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2004 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Designkelly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation, its my HG. I've repurchased it various times over the years and have yet to find something better. I've stuck with it and have not regretted it. Everytime I look for another foundation I stop and realize how much I like this one...I hope it never becomes discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2004 4:17:00 AM More reviews by ibeatfaces

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As a professional makeup artist, as well as a consumer, I can say that very few foundations live up to the "last all day" hype..this one does!!! Not only does it last all day..it covers imperfections beautifully...the color selection could be better (I have to mix it with a little MAC studio-fix to get the perfect shade) but aside from that its awesome!!! You have to blend fast because once it dries its on until you wash it off...at 11.99 I couldnt ask for anything better!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2004 4:02:00 PM More reviews by osujen25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this foundation is a medium coverage and does stay put, i bought in the color nude and it is a good medium shade. it covers well, but unlike another reviewer, does not cake up over pimples, in fact some of mine still show through. it does dry very fast (faster than most oil free foundations) and the bottle opening is way too big. it does take a bit to get off, but as expected with long lasting makeup. will prob. try something else when runs out but will def. return if nothing covers as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2004 2:42:00 AM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

with my c3 skin, i use medium beige....i have combo skin and it held up extremely well with my oilies in conjunction with shiseido spf 55 s/s or sofina lucent...gives me medium-full coverage, can be layered and one of the top d/s foundations...i only buy it if its bogof though...great product if ur on a budget

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2004 11:21:00 PM More reviews by sweetcherrie14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I basically bought this foundation because i didn't feel like blowing my 200 dollar paycheck on a becca foundation and concealer. I had heard that revelon was a pretty good line (though I had never used it before) and I really liked thier commercials on TV..so, in my search for my HG foundation, I picked this up...I (illegally) tested it in the store and found that I loved the coverage. It was sheer but still enought to cover up all the nasty blackheads on my cheeks and nose (if anyone knows how to get rid of these, my email is sweetcherrie14@hotmail.com) I used "nude"...i'm probably really "ivory" since i'm really pale but since it's summer i have a bit of color in my face...The price was somewhere in between 11-13 dollars. I really liked the coverage and the staying power isn't that bad...it actually lasts me pretty much throughout the day - i had to do one quick touchup. The packaging is just okay - it's kind of like a glass bottle and you twist off the top to open it. It doesn't come with a sponge or anything to apply it with so the stuff gets all over your hands when you're putting it on...so i took off points for that...other than that - this is my HG for now - my only drawbacks were the price and the application. i'm actually quite surprised at how well it works for a drugstore brand...like someone already posted - "revlon is the cadillac of drugstore cosmetics"...I will repurchase (unless i find something better for cheaper!)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2004 10:35:00 AM More reviews by cshell14867

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a very good foundation for skins with inperfections! I use the Medium Beige and it suits me fine.
    I moisturize my face and let that dry.Then I apply very very lighty on my whole face then reapply on scarred areas. You have to apply very lightly and spead quickly or it cakes. If you moisturize before application this foundation goes on much smoother. This foundation lasts all day and doesn't budge. I do reccommend this foundation for people with combo/Oily scarred or acne prone skin. Covers beautifuly and lasts!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2004 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Angela4508

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure what the difference is in the MUA listing for Colorstay foundation or liquid. Any way, I use the regular Colorstay Liquid foundation in Buff. I'm early 30's with oily skin and a PPP complexion. This foundation works well for me. It does dry quickly but no more quickly to me than Macqicontrole by Lancome. Just apply it one area at a time. I've never had a problem putting this on. It stays like they say it does and it really helps keep the shine away. I don't touch up nearly as often as I normally do and it makes my skin look great. The only con to me is the glass bottle with the opening that is too big. Will buy again for sure.