August 30, 2014 | 1705 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2004 4:32:00 PM More reviews by PotNoodlez4

I used to really like this foundation, but it just looks and feels too much like a mask for me now that my skin has improved and I don't have as much to cover. I gave 3 lippies basically for the coverage and the fact that the shade I used was a perfect match for my skin tone. The packaging, a glass bottle, could be better, but could also be worse. I can remember knocking it over a few times while I was using it and since the opening is so big, I lost a lot of the makeup! It got me through some times when I had scars from breakouts in my teens. But now I prefer something lighter and not as matte. They're not joking when they say Color STAY either! This stuff isn't easy to wash off. Even after washing twice and using toner it still felt like I had traces left on my skin. Overall, useful when I needed it, but too heavy for me now.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2004 2:48:00 PM More reviews by ipomea

Finally, after reading Paula Begoun's reviews for years about this foundation, I actually bought it.
    I have a very oily skin and am sick of trying to find something that really does the job....but I am very impressed with this.
    Applied over a light moisturiser with a damp sponge it covers well without looking glucky, and it lasts perfectly, even in the heat.
    I did have slight problems applying stick blush over it because it dries quickly....maybe mix the blush with a little moisturiser so that it spreads more easily.
    Anyway...recommend it 100%

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2004 2:43:00 PM More reviews by lara_vixen

I generally like this product when I put it on in the morning, and then when I go to school it looks really blotchy. At first I thought maybe it was just the lighting, but then I will get home and it will look blotchy too! This particular foundation is way to thick for me and does not have an even consistency... And on those days that I fall asleep with my makeup on I wakeup to find that I look like I have some nasty skin disease! I wouldn't recommend this to anyone that has somewhat nice skin in the first place... But probably to to those who need alot of coverage, and who want to keep reapplying and trying to even it out all day. I am disappointed too because I spent $12 on a huge bottle of it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2004 1:45:00 PM More reviews by katlynel

This stuff is amazing. I'd been holding off on it because I wasn't sure about the color selection, but I sprang for it, and it's phenomenal. The shade 02 Buff corresponds to MAC NC20ish (don't you hate it when people write reviews and say "the color Buff is perfect for me" without telling you their coloring for reference?). Anyway, this stuff sinks right in and looks totally matte and believable, toning down my redness and covering up my zits so I need only the tiniest dab of concealer. It doesn't need to be set with powder. I get zero oil breakthrough over the course of the day, which is amazing given that I ALWAYS get oil breakthrough. Doesn't rub off (I hate worrying about my foundation rubbing off onto other people or onto my clothes). No zits, and *everything* gives me zits. I'd love an SPF higher than 6, but I break out from chemical sunscreens, so I love the titanium dioxide base of this. SPF 6 is a lot better than nothing.

I got a 99 cent sample of this before buying and I loved applying it with a fingertip and the little squeeze tube. The wide mouthed glass bottle on the full size is awful. I wonder if I can figure out a way to transfer it into the little squeeze tube. :( Anyway, great foundation, pricey for drugstore foundation but a bargain compared to the department store foundations it outperforms.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2004 6:05:00 PM More reviews by babeonabroomstick

I did not like this foundation at all. It completely broke out my skin. The coverage is unnatural and looked like a mask. I wish I would have kept my receipt to take it back, it was about $11.99 of garbage.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2004 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Christine124

A staple of my cosmetic drawer, this foundation lasts and lasts, and even with my oily skin, I need few touch ups. Usually just my nose. Covers all the redness and scars. I have tried others, and keep finding myself back here when it comes to long wearing foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2004 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Designkelly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation, its my HG. I've repurchased it various times over the years and have yet to find something better. I've stuck with it and have not regretted it. Everytime I look for another foundation I stop and realize how much I like this one...I hope it never becomes discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2004 4:17:00 AM More reviews by ibeatfaces

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As a professional makeup artist, as well as a consumer, I can say that very few foundations live up to the "last all day" hype..this one does!!! Not only does it last all day..it covers imperfections beautifully...the color selection could be better (I have to mix it with a little MAC studio-fix to get the perfect shade) but aside from that its awesome!!! You have to blend fast because once it dries its on until you wash it off...at 11.99 I couldnt ask for anything better!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2004 4:02:00 PM More reviews by osujen25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this foundation is a medium coverage and does stay put, i bought in the color nude and it is a good medium shade. it covers well, but unlike another reviewer, does not cake up over pimples, in fact some of mine still show through. it does dry very fast (faster than most oil free foundations) and the bottle opening is way too big. it does take a bit to get off, but as expected with long lasting makeup. will prob. try something else when runs out but will def. return if nothing covers as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2004 2:42:00 AM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

with my c3 skin, i use medium beige....i have combo skin and it held up extremely well with my oilies in conjunction with shiseido spf 55 s/s or sofina lucent...gives me medium-full coverage, can be layered and one of the top d/s foundations...i only buy it if its bogof though...great product if ur on a budget