September 18, 2014 | 1699 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2004 2:33:00 AM More reviews by missglamourette

I have quite oily skin, with a few blemishes and some red blotches (from old pimples) and just general un-even skin tone.
    I was at the Revlon counter and the SA suggested it.
    It is fantastic. It lasts all day and keeps the shine at bay. It has great coverage.
    It retails for $34.95 in Australia

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2004 12:07:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have extremely oily skin, but this foundation still wears well on me.
    In fact, this is the first foundation I've ever worn that doesn't just "float" in a greasy layer on my skin after a few hours of wear. It does a good job of keeping oily shine to a minimum, too, which is no easy feat on my face.
    I use the "Ivory" shade, and it works very well on my very fair, slightly pink-toned complexion.
    There is only one thing for which to watch out when using this foundation: Apply to only small areas of the face at a time, and BLEND QUICKLY!
    Once this stuff sets,it's not going anywhere.
    But it really is not difficult to get a smooth, natural look with this foundation, as long as you pay attention to what you're doing.
    I will keep buying this stuff until or unless Revlon either discontinues it, changes the formula, or raises the price drastically.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2004 4:32:00 PM More reviews by PotNoodlez4

I used to really like this foundation, but it just looks and feels too much like a mask for me now that my skin has improved and I don't have as much to cover. I gave 3 lippies basically for the coverage and the fact that the shade I used was a perfect match for my skin tone. The packaging, a glass bottle, could be better, but could also be worse. I can remember knocking it over a few times while I was using it and since the opening is so big, I lost a lot of the makeup! It got me through some times when I had scars from breakouts in my teens. But now I prefer something lighter and not as matte. They're not joking when they say Color STAY either! This stuff isn't easy to wash off. Even after washing twice and using toner it still felt like I had traces left on my skin. Overall, useful when I needed it, but too heavy for me now.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2004 2:48:00 PM More reviews by ipomea

Finally, after reading Paula Begoun's reviews for years about this foundation, I actually bought it.
    I have a very oily skin and am sick of trying to find something that really does the job....but I am very impressed with this.
    Applied over a light moisturiser with a damp sponge it covers well without looking glucky, and it lasts perfectly, even in the heat.
    I did have slight problems applying stick blush over it because it dries quickly....maybe mix the blush with a little moisturiser so that it spreads more easily.
    Anyway...recommend it 100%

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2004 2:43:00 PM More reviews by lara_vixen

I generally like this product when I put it on in the morning, and then when I go to school it looks really blotchy. At first I thought maybe it was just the lighting, but then I will get home and it will look blotchy too! This particular foundation is way to thick for me and does not have an even consistency... And on those days that I fall asleep with my makeup on I wakeup to find that I look like I have some nasty skin disease! I wouldn't recommend this to anyone that has somewhat nice skin in the first place... But probably to to those who need alot of coverage, and who want to keep reapplying and trying to even it out all day. I am disappointed too because I spent $12 on a huge bottle of it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2004 1:45:00 PM More reviews by katlynel

This stuff is amazing. I'd been holding off on it because I wasn't sure about the color selection, but I sprang for it, and it's phenomenal. The shade 02 Buff corresponds to MAC NC20ish (don't you hate it when people write reviews and say "the color Buff is perfect for me" without telling you their coloring for reference?). Anyway, this stuff sinks right in and looks totally matte and believable, toning down my redness and covering up my zits so I need only the tiniest dab of concealer. It doesn't need to be set with powder. I get zero oil breakthrough over the course of the day, which is amazing given that I ALWAYS get oil breakthrough. Doesn't rub off (I hate worrying about my foundation rubbing off onto other people or onto my clothes). No zits, and *everything* gives me zits. I'd love an SPF higher than 6, but I break out from chemical sunscreens, so I love the titanium dioxide base of this. SPF 6 is a lot better than nothing.

I got a 99 cent sample of this before buying and I loved applying it with a fingertip and the little squeeze tube. The wide mouthed glass bottle on the full size is awful. I wonder if I can figure out a way to transfer it into the little squeeze tube. :( Anyway, great foundation, pricey for drugstore foundation but a bargain compared to the department store foundations it outperforms.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2004 6:05:00 PM More reviews by babeonabroomstick

I did not like this foundation at all. It completely broke out my skin. The coverage is unnatural and looked like a mask. I wish I would have kept my receipt to take it back, it was about $11.99 of garbage.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2004 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Christine124

A staple of my cosmetic drawer, this foundation lasts and lasts, and even with my oily skin, I need few touch ups. Usually just my nose. Covers all the redness and scars. I have tried others, and keep finding myself back here when it comes to long wearing foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2004 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Designkelly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation, its my HG. I've repurchased it various times over the years and have yet to find something better. I've stuck with it and have not regretted it. Everytime I look for another foundation I stop and realize how much I like this one...I hope it never becomes discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2004 4:17:00 AM More reviews by ibeatfaces

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As a professional makeup artist, as well as a consumer, I can say that very few foundations live up to the "last all day" hype..this one does!!! Not only does it last all day..it covers imperfections beautifully...the color selection could be better (I have to mix it with a little MAC studio-fix to get the perfect shade) but aside from that its awesome!!! You have to blend fast because once it dries its on until you wash it off...at 11.99 I couldnt ask for anything better!!!