Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 11/26/2004 10:02:00 AM

I've tried so many foundations over the years simply because I could never find one I that truly worked for me. I love this makeup. I have a process I go through when applying it. First I apply Clinique T-zone control then the Revlon liquid (goes on as light or as heavy as I need it) and follow with brushing MAC studio fix on over it. It's the perfect combination for flawless skin on me, and it's not thick and heavy at all. My only concern is that Revlon might someday discontinue making this makeup. It's so cheap and for the results it provides ... It's so worth it. It's like an airbrush at your fingertips.

on 11/25/2004 3:58:00 PM

First off, this smells funny. I work with a lady who must wear this, and I've always thought she smelled funny, and this (along with baby powder) is what she smells like. So that's a negative for me right off. I found that this foundation was very nice on my cheeks and chin, but very cakey on my forehead and nose, where I always have dry flakes. I didn't notice it staying on any longer than anything else, or being harder to take off than anything else. I do like the pump bottle alot though. Also, it's rather expensive for drugstore foundation, but I got a free cream blush with it, so it wasn't that bad of a deal.

on 11/25/2004 2:46:00 PM

this is my holy grail. Ive been looking for something so long that controls oil/lasts all day/feels nice.. and buff is the colour for me. it looks a little light at first going on.. but once its sets, im good to go!

When I first tried out this foundation, I thought I had struck gold. I was told that it is a pretty heavy coverage foundation, so I knew just to use a little bit. I found it blended quite easily with a sponge and covered my face perfectly. I was amazed.

But, after a few hours I looked in the mirrior and it looked like HELL. Like another reviewer said, it seeps into the fine lines and pores. It makes you look like you have a horrible skin texture and are wearing far too much makeup.

Thumbs down. I will never buy this product again.

on 11/20/2004 10:46:00 PM

I have used colorstay foundation since it came out, and have never found a formula that is quite as good for my skin. It really lasts the entire day, and provides great coverage! The formula is fabulous.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I do have to say when i first got this foundation i loved it to death. It covered pretty well, and i liked the texture however when i bought it the c olor was WAY to dark for me. I recently bought it again and the color nude(i think its the 2nd lightest shade) is still pretty dark for me so next time i will have to buy the LIGHTEST. What really sets this fndt apart from all of the others is that it looks TOTALLY natural outside! Usually when i wear foundation(even sheer ones) i feel like people can see it on my face in the sunlight but this isnt the case with this. I am still trying to find a foundation thats a little better, but until i find my HG this will do=-) I do recommend trying it though!

on 11/12/2004 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I picked "honey beige" for myself, it goes on easily, and does cover my redness. But it looks not very natural on me(people can tell I'm wearing makeup). Overall, it is a good foundation. And the price is good too. :)

on 11/10/2004 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

The formula is a little better than some department store brands, and I liked the pump on the bottle. Yayy. The color selection though, is a whole separate issue. The darkest shade (Cappucino), still looks a little too light and chalky on me. I had to use a darker powder over it to make it look presentable.
I didn't have much trouble removing the makeup, but then again I have oily skin, so the oil probably helped dissolve it some over the course of the day. I have since returned this.

on 10/29/2004 4:02:00 AM

Yes, I agree. This foundation stays on like nobody's business, but... How do you get this stuff off at night?! I found it too hard to take off, so I moved onto Color Stay Stay Natural instead.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i don't know why i always come back to you