October 25, 2014 | 842 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2004 11:42:00 AM More reviews by doxie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have an oily complexion with some scarring from blemishes as a teenager. This product is overall the best I have tried, and I have tried them all from cheap drugstore buys to department stores. Revlon is a classic in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2004 11:08:00 PM More reviews by bebebleus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After using Clinique for years, I thought there HAD to be a better mattifying foundation for my pinkish combination skin to even out skin tone and not break me out. Since using this, my skin looks perfect, even without powder all day and does not look masky or cakey at all. Blending is easy when done fast (as I do) but I feel this would not be good for very dry skin. The color selection is great especially because they are pink based compared to the orangey tones from drugstore brands that normally dont match my skin at all. This is my HG foundation and will never need to try anything else!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2004 10:35:00 PM More reviews by expat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Although I'm huge fan of Classified Cosmetics ERA spray on foundation and it remains my favorite, this Revlon probably comes in second. I have 40 yr old skin, some lines/wrinkles, sunpots, red areas ~ just generally not very pretty skin. Revlon Colorstay covers everything beautifully and leaves me with a nice even complexion. I've found that putting a foundation primer on first and letting it set a bit helps in the blendability (is that a word?) of this product. I have tanned skin and find that Natural Tan works well for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2004 6:18:00 PM More reviews by talkaboutaddiction

This product I have mixed feelings about. I like the coverage, spf, oil free, but it cakes mid day, and the color selection is little to none. I guess this is good if you run out of nice HG foundation and need something to get you by until the next mall trip.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2004 4:30:00 PM More reviews by michellegorman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wore this foundation a few years ago and decided to give it another try. I tried to apply this foundation using a sponge and it streaked all over my face. I resorted to using my fingers and it applied much smoother. This foundation has very full coverage. The first few hours, my oily skin stayed matte (a minor miracle). After 4 hours, though, the foundation started sinking into fine lines that I didn't know I had and settling into my pores. It almost looked like the oil on my face separated the foundation!! This foundation may be okay for someone with normal to combination skin, but it just didn't work for my very oily skin :-(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2004 2:33:00 AM More reviews by missglamourette

I have quite oily skin, with a few blemishes and some red blotches (from old pimples) and just general un-even skin tone.
    I was at the Revlon counter and the SA suggested it.
    It is fantastic. It lasts all day and keeps the shine at bay. It has great coverage.
    It retails for $34.95 in Australia

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2004 12:07:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have extremely oily skin, but this foundation still wears well on me.
    In fact, this is the first foundation I've ever worn that doesn't just "float" in a greasy layer on my skin after a few hours of wear. It does a good job of keeping oily shine to a minimum, too, which is no easy feat on my face.
    I use the "Ivory" shade, and it works very well on my very fair, slightly pink-toned complexion.
    There is only one thing for which to watch out when using this foundation: Apply to only small areas of the face at a time, and BLEND QUICKLY!
    Once this stuff sets,it's not going anywhere.
    But it really is not difficult to get a smooth, natural look with this foundation, as long as you pay attention to what you're doing.
    I will keep buying this stuff until or unless Revlon either discontinues it, changes the formula, or raises the price drastically.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2004 4:32:00 PM More reviews by PotNoodlez4

I used to really like this foundation, but it just looks and feels too much like a mask for me now that my skin has improved and I don't have as much to cover. I gave 3 lippies basically for the coverage and the fact that the shade I used was a perfect match for my skin tone. The packaging, a glass bottle, could be better, but could also be worse. I can remember knocking it over a few times while I was using it and since the opening is so big, I lost a lot of the makeup! It got me through some times when I had scars from breakouts in my teens. But now I prefer something lighter and not as matte. They're not joking when they say Color STAY either! This stuff isn't easy to wash off. Even after washing twice and using toner it still felt like I had traces left on my skin. Overall, useful when I needed it, but too heavy for me now.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2004 2:48:00 PM More reviews by ipomea

Finally, after reading Paula Begoun's reviews for years about this foundation, I actually bought it.
    I have a very oily skin and am sick of trying to find something that really does the job....but I am very impressed with this.
    Applied over a light moisturiser with a damp sponge it covers well without looking glucky, and it lasts perfectly, even in the heat.
    I did have slight problems applying stick blush over it because it dries quickly....maybe mix the blush with a little moisturiser so that it spreads more easily.
    Anyway...recommend it 100%

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2004 2:43:00 PM More reviews by lara_vixen

I generally like this product when I put it on in the morning, and then when I go to school it looks really blotchy. At first I thought maybe it was just the lighting, but then I will get home and it will look blotchy too! This particular foundation is way to thick for me and does not have an even consistency... And on those days that I fall asleep with my makeup on I wakeup to find that I look like I have some nasty skin disease! I wouldn't recommend this to anyone that has somewhat nice skin in the first place... But probably to to those who need alot of coverage, and who want to keep reapplying and trying to even it out all day. I am disappointed too because I spent $12 on a huge bottle of it.