October 2, 2014 | 1873 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2004 3:58:00 PM More reviews by RedNailPolish

First off, this smells funny. I work with a lady who must wear this, and I've always thought she smelled funny, and this (along with baby powder) is what she smells like. So that's a negative for me right off. I found that this foundation was very nice on my cheeks and chin, but very cakey on my forehead and nose, where I always have dry flakes. I didn't notice it staying on any longer than anything else, or being harder to take off than anything else. I do like the pump bottle alot though. Also, it's rather expensive for drugstore foundation, but I got a free cream blush with it, so it wasn't that bad of a deal.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2004 2:46:00 PM More reviews by subpop001

this is my holy grail. Ive been looking for something so long that controls oil/lasts all day/feels nice.. and buff is the colour for me. it looks a little light at first going on.. but once its sets, im good to go!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2004 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Michelle_My_Belle

When I first tried out this foundation, I thought I had struck gold. I was told that it is a pretty heavy coverage foundation, so I knew just to use a little bit. I found it blended quite easily with a sponge and covered my face perfectly. I was amazed.

But, after a few hours I looked in the mirrior and it looked like HELL. Like another reviewer said, it seeps into the fine lines and pores. It makes you look like you have a horrible skin texture and are wearing far too much makeup.

Thumbs down. I will never buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2004 10:46:00 PM More reviews by EES412

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used colorstay foundation since it came out, and have never found a formula that is quite as good for my skin. It really lasts the entire day, and provides great coverage! The formula is fabulous.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2004 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Cloudpuff_2007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I do have to say when i first got this foundation i loved it to death. It covered pretty well, and i liked the texture however when i bought it the c olor was WAY to dark for me. I recently bought it again and the color nude(i think its the 2nd lightest shade) is still pretty dark for me so next time i will have to buy the LIGHTEST. What really sets this fndt apart from all of the others is that it looks TOTALLY natural outside! Usually when i wear foundation(even sheer ones) i feel like people can see it on my face in the sunlight but this isnt the case with this. I am still trying to find a foundation thats a little better, but until i find my HG this will do=-) I do recommend trying it though!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2004 2:42:00 PM More reviews by danyanpi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I picked "honey beige" for myself, it goes on easily, and does cover my redness. But it looks not very natural on me(people can tell I'm wearing makeup). Overall, it is a good foundation. And the price is good too. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2004 8:37:00 AM More reviews by MostAdorable

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The formula is a little better than some department store brands, and I liked the pump on the bottle. Yayy. The color selection though, is a whole separate issue. The darkest shade (Cappucino), still looks a little too light and chalky on me. I had to use a darker powder over it to make it look presentable.
    I didn't have much trouble removing the makeup, but then again I have oily skin, so the oil probably helped dissolve it some over the course of the day. I have since returned this.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2004 4:02:00 AM More reviews by Optikon

Yes, I agree. This foundation stays on like nobody's business, but... How do you get this stuff off at night?! I found it too hard to take off, so I moved onto Color Stay Stay Natural instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2004 2:48:00 AM More reviews by iamabadfishtoo

i don't know why i always come back to you

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2004 1:07:00 AM More reviews by bingky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm an asian MMM, which means I have yellow undertones. I have this foundation in Sand and it works well. Not great, but good enough. The color match is alright, though in certain lightings (like ugly white flourescent lights in buildings) sometimes the foundation looks too pinkish.

As the bottle warns, you have to work quickly so the foundation doesn't set in patches all over your face. The easiest way to do it is not to do the usual five dots all over the face, but to do one area (e.g. forehead), one dot at a time. This is not a big problem though, and the tradeoff is a foundation that does stay on the face longer than non-long-lasting ones.

The coverage is not too heavy, which means certain blemishes will show through (for me this means a few dark pimple marks). I find this acceptable, as I don't want to go out with a mask on my face; all I really need is a nice long-wearing foundation which will even up my splotchy skin. I suggest you don't try to layer the foundation on too thickly, as I believe this is when it gets cakey, as other reviewers have said. Use a good concealer to hide blemishes or undereye circles instead. The foundation lasts almost the eight hours of my workday. I actually like it better an hour after I've put it on, as by then the just-put-on-foundation look is gone, and the effect is more natural.

The foundation stays on well enough to take powder and even gel (yes, gel!) blushes. I would consider repurchasing this, though I'd try other brands/lines first. I'm off to try Max Factor's Colour Adapt next, as I really want a natural look that will work well in any lighting.