December 19, 2014 | 1046 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

REFORMULATED. Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=153868/ColorStay-Makeup-%2824-hour-formula---2012/2013%29/Revlon/Liquid

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2004 1:30:00 PM More reviews by germanxtc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation! I have really oily skin so I'm always hunting for a product that stays on. I'm also always hunting for a product that matches my skin. Luckily I found a product that does both in this. I have constant acne and I have to say this has yet to break me out. Any zits that have come up have been the same ones I would normally get. Actually I've been breaking out a lot less which probably is because this makeup is oil free and non-comogenic so it doesn't cause breakouts. So far I am very impressed with this product. It doesn't seem to disappear during the day which was a constant problem with all my other foundations b/c of my oily skin. I don't care for the bottle though. The mouth is way to big. The best way to handle it is to do like the last reviewer: put your sponge over the mouth & tilt, then wipe the excess off onto/into the bottle's mouth. Update: Still loving this product. I hardly ever breakout now which means I'm able to use a lot less of this since I'm no longer trying to "hide" my skin. I saw the Colorstay Natural in the store the other day and all I can say is I really hope they make the bottle for this like the Natural bottle. That one has a pump top unlike this one that has a super big mouth which causes too much to come out. Also, my makeup is still staying in place. No coming off AT ALL during the day. Still the best lower priced foundation I've ever used. Really.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2004 1:03:00 AM More reviews by evonneho

I live in a really hot and humid climate all year round, and any other foundation I have used looks slick and slides off by mid-day. The Colorstay however, stays put and makes my skin look flawless! A caveat: apply only on well-moisturized skin, or it will cake, streak, be impossible to blend and highlight your pores! I use a wedge sponge to cover the top of the bottle, tip it upside down and then wipe off the excess against the inside of the rim and apply to one part of my face (eg. entire forehead), and repeat for the other parts. I use very little but it is enough to cover enlarged pores, small flaws and even my skin tone. No one can tell I'm using makeup! I remove with wet wipes before washing my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2004 3:08:00 PM More reviews by rock_chip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am extremely happy with this foundation. After hemming and hawing over the shade selection, I have decided 02-Buff is a dead-on color match (MAC C2). It disappears into my skin and provides a medium-to-full coverage. It does a great job hiding imperfections and redness. I apply with my fingers during the week on my chin and nose area only, then I usually do a full face with a sponge on weekends. It looks great both ways. It does not make me break out. This usually looks its best after it's been on your face for a little while and it has "set". I use Revlon New Complexion Pressed Powder in Even Out with this, and they both do a great job at getting rid of any redness. This stays put all day, no matter what your day involves. HG for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2004 7:01:00 PM More reviews by FranP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product did not work at all for me. When I would first put it on it was okay, I DID NOT have a problem with blending. My problem with this product is that I have very oily skin and this just like all liquid foundations I have tried, did not last and contributed to me having a very shiny face. I will be giving the bottle I have away, and not ever buying this again. I am still on the search for a good foundation for my very oily skin. If any one can help me that would be great. I do not buy department store brands, I am always on a budget, when it comes to cosmetics.*EDIT* This is not that bad afterall if you use the Jane Oil Free pressed powder in Colorless over the top..Read my review on that. I read lots of great reviews on the pressed powder and decided to give it a try. It made a big difference about how I feel about the Colorstay foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2004 9:09:00 AM More reviews by heywhatsupilikeyourhair

This is an exellent foundation for normal to very oily skin, as I have. Dryer skin types may want to avoid this as it is deffinately mattifying. Is a liquid formula that needs to be worked with very quickly, as once it dries, its not going to budge- at all. Also, not a buildable foundation. I also find that it is best to put a layer of powder in between it and your concealer (if needed-gives great coverage on it's own), blush, etc. A little pricy for a drugstore brand, (about $13, but regularly on sale)but well worth it. Nude is a great color for paler complextions as it is not too yellowy/pinky/orangy. HG been wearing for years.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2004 1:24:00 PM More reviews by msmccuen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use colorstay natural for a sheerer more comfortable feel and I always spot conceal with the regular color stay. If I am having a bad skin day I use the reg. colorstay because it has amazing coverage.I have very oily skin & this works great to control shine as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2004 4:20:00 PM More reviews by pussycatdoll13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow! I cannot believe I have fallen in love with a drugstore foundation! This one is worth a try if you need coverage and lasting power! It is a little hard to blend because you dont have much time until it sets. It feels a little on the sticky side but that goes away with a light dusting of powder. I want to try the Stay Natural next!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2004 11:30:00 AM More reviews by kings_20

I have tried this a couple of times and I find it alright. For me blending wasn't a problem. You just have to make sure that your face is well moisturized first. It is quite matte, which is good for my shiny nose but drying on my cheeks a bit. The colour I chose was medium beige. It's a pretty close match but would prefer if it were a little less pink. It did last quite a while so that was good. Not sure if I would repurchase or not. I will update if my opinion changes. Got this on sale for $11.00 CDN. Also, a little goes a looonnnggg way so the bottle should last you quite a while. UPDATE!! I love this stuff. It still looks fresh by the end of the day and my shiny nose is still matte as well. This is amazing stuff. The bottle it comes in is huge too. LOVE IT!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2004 7:45:00 PM More reviews by mikeyrose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Color Stay Foundation in Buff 02 is a HG foundation. The only foundation I've found that doesn't slide off my oily face after a few hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2004 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Mouray

I've tried so many foundations over the years simply because I could never find one I that truly worked for me. I love this makeup. I have a process I go through when applying it. First I apply Clinique T-zone control then the Revlon liquid (goes on as light or as heavy as I need it) and follow with brushing MAC studio fix on over it. It's the perfect combination for flawless skin on me, and it's not thick and heavy at all. My only concern is that Revlon might someday discontinue making this makeup. It's so cheap and for the results it provides ... It's so worth it. It's like an airbrush at your fingertips.