April 20, 2014 | 1650 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Discontinued and Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2004 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Shugall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Well, to address the application problem: I suggest (for oily skin or combination skin), begin with a light moisturiser. before this sets, apply a layer of ColorStay Natural in your chosen shade. This takes a couple of minutes to set, so during this time, apply ColorStay foundation to any areas which need 'concealer-type' coverage. This eliminates the pore-showing problem and the mask effect. I do lots of late nights and went to a fashion show in this and the makeup artist asked who did my makeup! I wear this combination daily and find it'll all come off with Neutrogena's daily cleanser and cotton pads. And I never find it rubbed off on my clothes. A total favourite. However, if you want to avoid chemicals but want that flawless look, use Bare Minels instead. Takes practice but well worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2004 10:15:00 AM More reviews by amyleibrand

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Cakey, cakey, cakey. It definately provides maximum coverage, but you also look like your face will crack if you smile too often. It pools in the pores so they look highly defined. Not a natural look. Difficult to apply also because it dries very quickly and so you have to spread it on your face as quickly as possible. Also, the mouth of the bottle is HUGE, so it is very easy to spill when you're trying to get the product out. It would be much better if there was a pump attachment. Despite all that, it did provide maximum coverage and did not turn orange. It appeared slighly pink in the bottle (Ivory), and I have yellow-based skin so I was a little concerned, however the color evened out on my skin and matched well. Would not recommend unless you have sever blemishes.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2004 1:51:00 PM More reviews by FlaLadyB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After reading a local newspaper article that was about this specific foundation and how everyone liked it, I tried it. It works! Covers wonderfully and doesn't move all day. I do use a moisturizer (dry skin) and then Smashboxs Primer first. I DO use a MAKEUP BRUSH (Paul Dorf)and it does make one heck of a difference! I can put the foundation on quickly and smoothly (it does say on the bottle to Blend Quickly. I also do one half of my face at a time. I then use my MAC concealer and it blends in beautifully. I have been wearing it for 2 weeks now, looking for something bad to say about it! Nothing really.. I see other reviews have talked about it cakeing up, but I have not had that problem. I can say it's hard to clean it off my makeup brush, but I'll trade that for a nice finish on my face any time! Will buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2004 3:10:00 PM More reviews by ccwpun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i've been using this colorstay makeup in natural beige ever since they came out with the colorstay foundation line...so i guess maybe 6 or 7 yrs now? I actually don't wear it as a foundation (i think the coverage would be too heavy for me), i actually use it as a concealor to cover skin flaws (pimples, scars, brown spots) and its great for that because it stays on without rubbing off. i just dot a little on the area that needs to be concealed with my finger or small brush. so one bottle lasts long time for me. Stopped using this, i think it might have been clogging my pores, started using BE mineral concealer - multitasking.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2004 9:30:00 AM More reviews by Merryn

I bought this product because i had a go to ball to, and had applied so much fake tan that my normal foundation (elizabeth arden bare perfection) didn't match my skin. The MA helped me find a great match for my "new" skin colour, which with the coverage of this is really important. The coverage is meant to be full, but you could apply just a thin layer to get sheer coverage. Stayed put all night when i used it with SM primer, and Jurlique silk dust. The glass container was pretty awlful but i would buy this product again because it does what its meant to!!! Update: don't use this if you want to look great in pictures, goes horribly white in photo's

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2004 11:42:00 AM More reviews by doxie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have an oily complexion with some scarring from blemishes as a teenager. This product is overall the best I have tried, and I have tried them all from cheap drugstore buys to department stores. Revlon is a classic in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2004 11:08:00 PM More reviews by bebebleus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After using Clinique for years, I thought there HAD to be a better mattifying foundation for my pinkish combination skin to even out skin tone and not break me out. Since using this, my skin looks perfect, even without powder all day and does not look masky or cakey at all. Blending is easy when done fast (as I do) but I feel this would not be good for very dry skin. The color selection is great especially because they are pink based compared to the orangey tones from drugstore brands that normally dont match my skin at all. This is my HG foundation and will never need to try anything else!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2004 10:35:00 PM More reviews by expat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Although I'm huge fan of Classified Cosmetics ERA spray on foundation and it remains my favorite, this Revlon probably comes in second. I have 40 yr old skin, some lines/wrinkles, sunpots, red areas ~ just generally not very pretty skin. Revlon Colorstay covers everything beautifully and leaves me with a nice even complexion. I've found that putting a foundation primer on first and letting it set a bit helps in the blendability (is that a word?) of this product. I have tanned skin and find that Natural Tan works well for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2004 6:18:00 PM More reviews by talkaboutaddiction

This product I have mixed feelings about. I like the coverage, spf, oil free, but it cakes mid day, and the color selection is little to none. I guess this is good if you run out of nice HG foundation and need something to get you by until the next mall trip.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2004 4:30:00 PM More reviews by michellegorman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wore this foundation a few years ago and decided to give it another try. I tried to apply this foundation using a sponge and it streaked all over my face. I resorted to using my fingers and it applied much smoother. This foundation has very full coverage. The first few hours, my oily skin stayed matte (a minor miracle). After 4 hours, though, the foundation started sinking into fine lines that I didn't know I had and settling into my pores. It almost looked like the oil on my face separated the foundation!! This foundation may be okay for someone with normal to combination skin, but it just didn't work for my very oily skin :-(