Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 4/3/2005 12:18:00 PM

Unless you like spending hours in the bathroom removing your makeup, avoid Revlon's Colorstay foundation. Besides being mask-like and very drying on the skin, I cleansed my face three times and still found traces of this gunk in my pores. Yuck!

on 3/25/2005 2:31:00 AM

This was the first all day wear foundation I used when I was about 16 searching for a foundation to last in the hot weather and back then it was one of the only all day wear foundations I could find. I stopped using it after other affordable cosmetics companies started producing their versions as back then Colorstay foundation was like liquid cement a it dried so incredibly fact there was no time to blend into the rest of the face! And when it dried your face felt tight all day. Well I tried going back to it after all these years just to see if it's any better then Ultima's Wonderwear, but it tis not. Instead of Colorstay being really thick and drying fast it's now the exact opposite. It's very thin and does not provide full coverage and takes very very long to dry and that's w/ sitting in front of my fan for 10-15 min and it's still tacky! So it went from one extreme to the other. Not sure what's so difficult here as other cosmetics companies can get it right texture wise. Anyhow, I am back to my Ultima Wonderwear foundation which are now so much more affordable since I discovered the Revlon warehouse outlets store in Phoenix which I can call and place an order with anytime for any Ultima, Revlon, Almay product for 60% retail so instead of spending $21.50 from Ulta.com for my Ultima foundation I now spend $8.50 plus $3 or so for shipping. And the Revlon Colorstay is like $5 or so whereas in a store it's $12 or so. he Revlon warehouse number is 1-800-465-5592 and you can call from anywhere to order, just know what you want. I was lucky to actually visit there recently and they had everything and I got a huge department store size shopping bag of stuff for $92 which would had cost well over $300 at full price.

on 3/24/2005 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

In my opinion, this is one of the best drugstore liquid foundations. Colorstay is a senior in the market-- it has been around for years. Yet it continues to sell and sell. I've combination skin which is quite acne-prone and I've been using this foundation for 4 months without problems. It offers medium-to-full coverage and covers scars well except the dark ones. The downside of this foundation is that, it is quite thick so it feels like a mask on my face. Another gripe would be the tendency for this foundation to crack at the end of the day on the T-zone or oily areas; in a humid climate. So touch-ups are necessary. But for the kind of price that it has, I can't expect it to compete with high-end brand foundations. I would like to give this a 3.5 rating. But since that's not possible, I will give it a 4.

on 3/19/2005 3:30:00 AM

It matched perfectly to my skin color, and does a good job at covering up acne scars ...but the downfall is the consistancy was thick and heavy which i didnt like...it made my face itchy and i started breaking out soon after i started wearing this... i dont recommend

on 3/18/2005 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

As a foundation 'freak' I find it quite enjoyable to say I love this foundation.

I frequently change foundations with the season, my mood, my coloring, my event.

And I have to say this holds up (and beats) most of my high end foundations.... seriously I find myself reaching for this more than my Gerda Spillman, Lancome, or Laura Mercier.

The trick is in the application. It must be done quickly with a damp sponge!

My face looks perfect and fresh from morning 'till night!
LOVE THIS STUFF!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

this is a great product if u use it correctly. it offers good coverage but beware of putting too much on. a tiny bit goes a long way. i use it with a damp sponge working with one area of my face at a time since once it dries, u can't blend it. staying power is awesome!! I wore it while snowboarding one time..it stayed on even when my face was jammed into snowbanks or sliding face first down a snowy hill. it doesnt clog up my pores but i stress this point: dont put on too much unless ur day job is a clown *shudders*

on 3/5/2005 11:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love it! Is the only foundation I've used for over a year! It is definately for those that like some coverage. I use this with a foundation brush which I find sheers it out a bit. I use the Buff shade which is a perfect match for me. When I apply this, my skin is flawless and it lasts all work day long. I really recommend this for women who don't need extreme coverage, but who want to even out skin tone and cover some redness.

on 3/5/2005 3:50:00 PM

This foundation is really thick. Application is easy with a makeup wedge and the foundation provides good coverage, but it feels like I'm wearing a mask. And it does rub off onto clothes etc. I'm going to go back to the previous foundation I was using (prescriptives virtual matte). It gives a very light feeling full coverage.

Okay, this is my new fav. foundation. I bought this in Buff(NC20), matches pretty well, Buff seems like it's on the neutral side. This foundation is great for oily skins, it doesn't seperate on my nose where I'm oily. This stuff lasts I tell you! I would say that this has medium coverage, it can be very obvious you're wearing foundation if you put too much on.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a great foundation for people with oily skin who will take the time to work with it. In fact, research shows that only a Colorstay-type of foundation is the only kind that will actually stay on people with oily skin. You definitely need to use a sponge to apply it in quick strokes. If you still need more coverage in some areas, put a bit from the neck of the bottle on your finger tip and press-and-roll your finger on the area that needs to be concealed; this will work to cover pores as well and red spots/blemishes. As long as your second application for concealment is "pressed on" and not spread, it will not cake or streak. Also setting this with the right powder is essential and can provide some highlighting. I use Bare Essentials Mineral Veil and it looks awesome over this foundation; it has cornstarch, so it provides some extra oil-absorbing properties.

I have tried every foundation out there for my oily skin that has mild rosacea, and I always come back to this because it does not slip off (want to try Chanel Double Perfection Liquid next).

I use Buff as well and it blends in perfectly. When I get tan for the summer, I take two different colors and mix them for the perfect sunny shade.

See photos in my profile-I wore Colorstay Buff in all of them.