November 27, 2014 | 1562 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2010 9:49:00 PM More reviews by cfath

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Primer is the only thing I wear--no concealer, no foundation, no powder. So I'm always looking for the ultimate primer. I've tried various primers over the years and my fave is DHC's velvet skin. Had to try this product after all these rave reviews. I just wanna say thanks to whoever suggested using this--actually my pocketbook says thanks. It works and works well. My face looks flawless and matte all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by amaizeingndn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for about a year, and it is one of my must have things in my makeup bag. I have been using primer in general for about 4 years, and have tried Clarins, Estee Lauder, Smashbox, Too Faced, Lancome, and some drugstore brands. This is just as good as Smashbox or Lancome (which is my all time dept. store fave) and a fraction of the price. Primers are generally pricey, so this was a great find b/c I wear primer everyday. I don't think this has caused much breakout for me; I have oily acne prone skin so I will have blemishes no matter what, but it's the only thing that allows me to make my sking look flawless with makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2010 12:10:00 PM More reviews by serenity9278

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an amazing primer!! Its feels just like DHC velvet skin primer it controls oil and my makeup stays on so much longer.Even after i finish exercising my makeup looked like i just applied it.This is a replacement for those expensive make up primers.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2010 1:05:00 AM More reviews by cetoyant23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I am SO GLAD I discovered this through some gurus on YouTube, this stuff is just amazing, buying it was a little awkward because of the name I won't lie ;), but ZOMG does it do a bad ass job at making my pressed powder look absolutely airbrushed and perfect. I use Clinique pressed powder and I mix it w/ NYC translucent loose powder just a bit on my forehead and nose. But here's the trick, I apply this after my moisturizer, & I wait for it to dry a bit in order to kinda seep/blend a bit into my skin, so it gets comfortable and sets, so while waiting i'll apply my eyeliner and concealer, & then using my wonderful studio tools skunk brush I just swirl away, and beautiful skin all day :) Try it out now if you haven't already, I am sooo repurchasing when I run out, which will definitely be a while from now, you really don't need much a little more than a pinhead or else you'll be greasy which defeats the purpose,

Update 2013: I still use this, but instead of applying after moisturizer, I simply just mix it to my foundation (L'oreal True Match) & it just helps it blend like a dream & lasts long enough to make me happy. & Yes I have repurchased this, twice actually since I last wrote this review. Keep in mind, since this is basically all silicone, make sure you add it to a foundation that is silicone based, or they won't get along & you'll just be giving yourself a harder time with blending, plus it won't last. So keep in mind compatibility :)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by mavessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This did not work for me as a makeup primer. It indeed controls shine in the beginning but after an hour later, my skin was back to it's normal texture--oily and shiny. It also made my makeup melt and kind of fall off. So with that said, I will be using this for its intended use--as a chaffing gel.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 6:27:00 PM More reviews by frygirl2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is awesome. I have combo skin and this keeps me matte for hours. It feels great and makeup applies smoothly over it. I don't understand why people would be put off by the idea of putting this on the face - it's made to keep skin dry. I like the smashbox primers too, but why pay that much when this works just as well?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 2:51:00 PM More reviews by pastryadventure

I've used both this and Smashbox PhotoFinish, and while the products feel ever so slightly different out of the tube/pump, they work EXACTLY the same. I actually prefer the Monistat, because it doesn't ball-up like the SB can if you rub it too much. Also, you can actually use all of the product from the Monistat tube, instead of having 1/4 of it stuck in the pump bottle in the end the way it always is with Smashbox.

For the best deal, get it on Amazon.com in a 3-pack (with an additional 15% off if you sign up for the subscription program).

Given the HUGE price difference and product parity, this is a total no-brainer.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Morganna777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

it's no surprise this would cause breakouts, its almost pure silicones, try using a primer with willowbark or salicylic acid instead.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by nothingreally

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Ugh, products like these are so frustrating. It keeps me matte for 10hrs+, my mineral foundation glides on and stays perfect all day long. But it breaks me out. I still cheat sometimes and use this when I'm going to a special event and want to look nice. It's sad and I don't look very nice the next day, but it really is good primer, just not worth the aftermath. Oh, and I did feel kind of weird buying it, but that's when self-checkout lines come in handy ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2010 4:25:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunky

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am embarrassed to say I didn't think of this before....I have used laura geller, laura mercier, avon, urban decay, and cliniqe primers. I have very large pores on the side of my nose. I really need something to make them appear smaller or I look horrible. I loved the laura geller Welcome Matte, but they stopped making it. I returned Urban Decay cuz it made me break out and was REALLY thick.
I already had a tube of this. I read the ingredients, and they are very similar to some of the better primers I have used. Tried it all over my face except eyes( cannot beat Urban Decay shadow primer) and put a little extra on the sides of my nose. Dusted on my Loreal Mineral foundation, and I nearly fell out of my chair. My pores were practically invisible, and my whole face was smooth and not splotchy. To say I have spent alot of primers is an understatement, and to think this little beauty was right under my nose(literally now)! I will continue to purchase this and would recommend to anyone who would believe me. It's hard to if you don't know what kind of ingredients to look for. But I read ingredients of everything I put on my face or hair, and this stuff really makes a great face primer. YAY!