Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

3.9

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.2%) Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/ Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trisiloxane. ---------------------------------------------------- COMPARISON: SmashBox Photo Finish Primer ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract.

on 3/30/2010 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Broke me out horribly! :( Loved the matte finish it gave me but a week later and I'm still fighting a bunch of whiteheads and painful blind pimples from it.

on 3/29/2010 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been comparing this to a sample of Laura Mercier primer, and this works better for smoothly covering the large pores in my nose. And it dries quickly. Doesn't do anything for helping eyeshadow stay, though.

on 3/20/2010 7:42:00 PM

Works better for what it's intended for. Around bikini line, between thighs, between toes (especially when wearing thong sandals).

on 3/20/2010 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

i didn't believe it when someone told me about using chafing gel as a primer...i thought it was weird...and then i tried it myself and i'm a convert!!! it works like a charm and is dirt cheap! it's one of the best kept beauty (and money saving) secrets in existence!!!

on 3/19/2010 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I originally bought this to use as a primer almost a a year or so ago after hearing, like everyone else, that it has the same ingredients as other primers. I loved the way it allowed my makeup to glide on and look so smooth but it also made my face feel weight down, which I didn't like. I tried it again this past sunday with my MUFE face and body and it made it look flawless and I used less product but it felt like I had on more product. Plus, my face has started to break out in little white bumps and that's the only thing different I have used in the last week. So while I liked it, I think it's time for me to invest in a real makeup primer and use my monistat for it original purpose, which it is great for.

on 3/18/2010 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was looking for a cheap alternative to my primer (Sephora’s Anti-Shine Primer- $18 for 1 oz.). I saw the reviews on this product and decided to try it out. My daily regiment consists of using a moisturizer first (Aveeno), then a primer (Sephora), and then my foundation (Urban Decay). I switched my primer to this and tried it for 3 days straight. Within those 3 days, my face started to itch horribly after a couple of hours, gave me redness, and clogged my pores causing acne. It was a few days before my period was set to start, so I assumed it was the hormones adding to this. I tried it again several days after my period and well before my next period, and the same thing happened.

Based on the texture I can understand why it would make a great primer, but I don’t think it works for everyone. I don’t have “sensitive skin” and I normally have clear skin most of the time other than those period moments. I do think that the ingredients in this product can cause some people to break out and have an allergic reaction like I did.

I wish this product had worked for me considering it’s about $7 at Target for a 1.5 oz tube which would’ve lasted awhile.

on 3/17/2010 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

The best primer there is. So cheap and it does what the other primers have failed to do for me. The consistency is silky. It makes my Colorstay application so much easier. It keeps the oilies at bay. It makes my pores look smaller. I am now on my 2nd tube and I recommend this to everyone I know.

on 3/15/2010 12:26:00 PM

Talk about cheapest and best primer EVER. Glides like a dream, helps makeup GLIDE easily, and it's just as good as any expensive primer i've tried.

Color & smell. It's colorless and odorless as well

You only need a dime sized amount for the whole face.

Do NOT forget to wait a couple minutes for the product to setlle down before u apply foundation.

Also, for those who find this irritating to your skin, I am sad to say other primers will do the same to you as the active ingredient in this and the expensive primers is DIMETHICONE, which is a silicone and can cause reactions on some people. DIMETHICONE is what will make your face smooth and makeup ready but MAY also clog your pores.

***EDIT*** I want to add. This breaks me out because of the silicon in it. Which is why I now use with CALADRYL. Apply CALAMINE lotion first (clear) and then apply primer. It works like a charm and NO BREAKOUT!!!

on 3/12/2010 5:47:00 PM

Really wanted to like this, but it makes me look so greasy and shiny after an hour or so. I've now tried this in the summer, fall, & winter. I'm not sure why it controls shine so well for others and not me... I wouldn't even consider my skin oily!! It DOES however make my makeup go on my skin evenly and nicely, though. Glad I didn't waste a lot of money on this. So sad it didn't work for me, I was pumped to use it. :(

on 3/6/2010 7:38:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I haven't tried this as an all-over face primer, as I noticed a lot of the reviewers have, but I do use this everyday as an eyeshadow primer. It really works! Absolutely NO creasing, unlike other high-end MU brand primers. I even wore this under my eyeshadow for a day of boating & tubing at the lake (with water sprayed in my face all day and being thrown off the tube into the lake) and at the end of the day everyone was shocked that my eyeshadow was still there and looking vibrant as ever! The only thing that might possibly make me love this stuff even more is if it came in white or skintone. Even as it is now (clear) it does make the colors pop a lot more than just putting them on sans primer, and its lasting power & de-creasing abilities is simply amazing. I will never be without a tube of this stuff! And the price just can't be beat!

Popular Primer/ Correctors