October 26, 2014 | 1046 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 6:27:00 PM More reviews by frygirl2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is awesome. I have combo skin and this keeps me matte for hours. It feels great and makeup applies smoothly over it. I don't understand why people would be put off by the idea of putting this on the face - it's made to keep skin dry. I like the smashbox primers too, but why pay that much when this works just as well?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 2:51:00 PM More reviews by pastryadventure

I've used both this and Smashbox PhotoFinish, and while the products feel ever so slightly different out of the tube/pump, they work EXACTLY the same. I actually prefer the Monistat, because it doesn't ball-up like the SB can if you rub it too much. Also, you can actually use all of the product from the Monistat tube, instead of having 1/4 of it stuck in the pump bottle in the end the way it always is with Smashbox.

For the best deal, get it on Amazon.com in a 3-pack (with an additional 15% off if you sign up for the subscription program).

Given the HUGE price difference and product parity, this is a total no-brainer.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Morganna777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

it's no surprise this would cause breakouts, its almost pure silicones, try using a primer with willowbark or salicylic acid instead.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by nothingreally

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Ugh, products like these are so frustrating. It keeps me matte for 10hrs+, my mineral foundation glides on and stays perfect all day long. But it breaks me out. I still cheat sometimes and use this when I'm going to a special event and want to look nice. It's sad and I don't look very nice the next day, but it really is good primer, just not worth the aftermath. Oh, and I did feel kind of weird buying it, but that's when self-checkout lines come in handy ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2010 4:25:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunky

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am embarrassed to say I didn't think of this before....I have used laura geller, laura mercier, avon, urban decay, and cliniqe primers. I have very large pores on the side of my nose. I really need something to make them appear smaller or I look horrible. I loved the laura geller Welcome Matte, but they stopped making it. I returned Urban Decay cuz it made me break out and was REALLY thick.
I already had a tube of this. I read the ingredients, and they are very similar to some of the better primers I have used. Tried it all over my face except eyes( cannot beat Urban Decay shadow primer) and put a little extra on the sides of my nose. Dusted on my Loreal Mineral foundation, and I nearly fell out of my chair. My pores were practically invisible, and my whole face was smooth and not splotchy. To say I have spent alot of primers is an understatement, and to think this little beauty was right under my nose(literally now)! I will continue to purchase this and would recommend to anyone who would believe me. It's hard to if you don't know what kind of ingredients to look for. But I read ingredients of everything I put on my face or hair, and this stuff really makes a great face primer. YAY!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2010 8:27:00 PM More reviews by miserlymom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great primer! I purchased mine for about $6 and there is 1.5 oz in the tube. I'm not creeped out by the fact that it is for use on inner thighs and bikini area. It goes on and feels very silky on the skin. I don't use it on the eyelids, but I do use it all over my face and under my eyes. It really helps to keep the foundation on and I've found it actually helps keep oils at bay too. So far so good, no break outs or irritation from it. And how can you beat a great "primer" for so little cash? I'll continue to repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 4:11:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Edit: after using this every day for a week it caused my skin to break out into cystic acne. :( So I am going to have to retract my personal approval. If it doesn't do this to you, awesome. But it definitely might.

I am so glad I heard about this product as a dupe for Smashbox photo finish primer. I had been wanting to get the Smashbox product but not wanting to shell out the money- then I heard about this product being basically the same and way less money. It definitely works! I have felt the consistency of both, and it is virtually identical. This product is a BIT more watery out of the tube, and is clear instead of white/brown/green like photofinish, but once applied to the face it feels exactly the same. This is due to having many of the same ingredients- so it's not a mere coincidence. This product leaves the skin feeling very smooth and makes foundation application smooth and great. Worked well as a primer, keeping foundation on. The only real downside of this product is the weirdness factor- it's kind of weird to be putting something all over your face that is meant for...not your face.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2010 1:08:00 AM More reviews by strawpearies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have dry and slightly "rugged" eyes..i use this as a primer under my eyes before concealer. It did create a smooth surface and lessen my fine lines. It feels really smooth but not that effective in filling up fine lines or comforting your dry skin for the entire day. Its a cheap and OK product..

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2010 7:48:00 PM More reviews by ck923

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this primer, it's so cheap covered to other primers such as Smashbox and I feel like the quality is pretty good. This really helps my makeup stay on and helps to provide a smooth canvas before applying makeup. I don't use this everyday and I don't think it's a good idea to use primers everyday since most primers have a type of silicone ingredient which clogs pores. So I only use this on special occasions and when I go out partying to help my makeup stay on the whole night.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Mom2pdm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE this stuff as a makeup primer. Goes on silky smooth and does wonders to keep makeup on all day :)