September 1, 2014 | 1999 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2011 9:41:00 PM More reviews by lasteluv

I went up to the MAC counter one day to ask the girl, "how do all of you MAC girls get your eyeshadow to stay on all day? It looks like you just put it on and you've probably had it on for hours." The MA replied, "it's the base." I was shown Painterly. I have been hooked ever since. I use it as a base for any eyeshadow I have and love that doesn't have staying power especially my matte colors. This p/p does the trick of making any e/s stay on all day until I take it off at night. I would definitely purchase again although I'd like to try out some other colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by jls517

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've had Painterly for about a month now and been using it everyday. I bought it because my eyeshadow seem to fade after a few hours and I get really bad creasing. I must have oily eyelids! The MA at MAC gave me painterly and it matches my skin pretty well. If I put it on lightly it disappears, but if I put it on heavier you can see it. I'm not really a fan of how matte it is, but as a base alone it works. I only gave this a 3 because I'm still getting some creasing. I've been experimenting with how much I put on to try to determine how to keep it from creasing. I've gotten it on lightly (patting and not wiping) with Twinks to last 8 hours. Other days I've done a heavier bit with Satin Taupe and it creased after 3... I've been trying to apply a light layer, but it's not always 100% crease proof on me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by diorchic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nice product but I think groundwork and bare study is more suitable for my skintone(nw43)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by becasaurus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have super super oily eyelids and UDPP didn't work for me, Too Faced shadow insurance didn't work for me, and Kat Von D's primer didn't work either so I bought painterly and although I have to put 2 layers on my lids it keep my shadows from creasing ! Sometimes if I sweat or its really humid my shadows will crease a bit but with painterly everything stays looking perfect and smooth:). I use this every time I put on eyeshadow, no exceptions!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 2:05:00 PM More reviews by findingeva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I L.O.V.E paint pots, I've got 3 of them and they are amazing whether you use them on their own or as a base.
When you use them as a base however, make sure you add a bit of powder on your eye lids, which will soak up the oil and then apply the paint pot with a brush ( I use the EcoTools eye shadow brush, it's great and just the right size, also MAC 242 and 252 brush work well, but i prefer the EcoTool one) and then on top add your normal eye shadow powder, this technique will help your eye shadow last the whole day and night!!
I do find that if i don't apply the powder under the paint pot, then it tends to crease quite quickly.
I'll be a paint pot girl for life, and they last for a very very very long time which makes them well worth the money!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by debbiedhebz

I can't wear any eye shadows w/o this! it makes everything so much easier! it covers any veins on your eyes and makes your eye shadow lasts longer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by kimwhittkeli

this stuff is awesome, i love that you can put your finger in the jar or get a small brush in the pot, it's very user friendly and it works so well to keep my eyeshadow on will repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by hermommy09

HG for me! I use this literally everyday and it evens out my lids and keeps my e/s from creasing. i would give it a 5 but on long days my e/s does crease sometimes and doesnt always keep my e/s vibrant

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by bittersweetmoment

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It took me a long time to finally purchase this paint pot and I'm wondering why I neglected it for so long. Maybe only because the simple, neutral purchases are the least exciting? BUT! This paint pot so excites me. It is so smooth and creamy and sets so well. I haven't touched my UDPP since I purchased it. I am in love with this product and paint pots last for a long time but I will definitely repurchase whenever I need to. Really recommend this as a base for all those beginning their MAC collections!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2011 6:06:00 PM More reviews by kraftykaitie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have rather mixed feelings about this product. When I tried the tester at the counter, it felt so smooth and creamy and I just had to have it after all of the hype on YT. I got it home and it was nothing like that. It was dry and creased easily. After a little while though, I broke through that very thin top layer and found the creaminess I had been wanting. However, I still find that I need a base under this to keep it from creasing. It definitely creases less than any cream eyeshadows I have tried (with the exception of the benefit creaseless cream shadows.) What I love to use it for is to even out the skin on my eyelids and cover up any veins or discoloration. It works especially well when I am using lighter or less pigmented eyeshadows (as they don't cover all the veins on their own). I like the packaging. It's a little expensive, but really not bad at all for how long it will last. Would probably repurchase if I ever ran out, unless I found something similar that I wanted to try. My only concern with this: I have been using it more the past few days and have developed a patch of dry flaky skin on my left eyelid. I have never had this happen before. However, I have been using a different face serum and a different eye cream as well. I really hope it was one of those and not this product, as I really do like using it (and I just placed an order for 2 new LE PPs).