MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 3/30/2011 9:06:00 PM

I use Painterly on pretty much a daily basis to cover the veins on my eyelids. It works well for that, but I still have to use primer under it or it will crease within an hour. I have seen so many people use it AS a primer, and it just doesn't work for me in that respect. With primer under it, it lasts a few hours, with primer under and shadow over, basically all day. But I wish I didn't have to go through those steps to get it t last. So people with oily lids will probably not be able to use this on its own. A great alternative, which lasts about 6 hours on me with no primer, shadow, or creasing are MUFE Aqua Creams! Those are great.

on 3/28/2011 10:51:00 PM

My friend that works at Mac got me this when I told her I needed an eyeshadow primer. I use it only when I absolutely need it because I'm latina with a pinkish undertone and this color sorta makes me feel like my eyelids feel and look ashy lol but it does hold the colors

on 3/25/2011 9:33:00 AM

At first I really struggled buying this because the price is really high for such a small pot. But I took my chances and now I am a believer! I am sooo glad I bought this pain pot! I got those small blueish veins on my eyelids .. I really hate those. I always tried to cover them with a nude eyeshadow by Alima (Blonde). It worked for me but it wasn't the best solution. Painterly is for me the best solution to this problem :) It lasts all day long and I really have fun applying it. I found the ELF Eyeshadow brush working best for me for this product. I will sure buy this paintpot again! Also eager to try the other shades now (soft ochre I.E.)

on 3/25/2011 4:54:00 AM

I have been using groundwork for the past couple years and am finally running out, but I wanted something a little lighter in color. Tested this out several times at the counter and just wasnt loving it. I didn't like the texture. Then the girl gave me a sample to try for a while...I haven't picked up groundwork since. Although I have to be careful not to put too much on, I love how this evens out my eyelid skin tone. It doesn't hide the veins as well as groundwork, but I love the creaminess and it makes my makeup stay true to color all day. Will def be buying this next!

I was looking for a product to prevent creasing with eyeshadows and to create a neutral base for days when I wanted to look more pulled together. I'm fair with yellow undertones and Painterly was a bit ashy on me, but with the right amount of blending it wasn't a problem. While I liked the creamy consistency and neutral color, I was put off by the fact that it did in fact crease. I mean, the whole point of the product is to prevent creasing, right? Because I was dying to give Painterly the benefit of the doubt, I tried blotting my lids first, applying less, applying more, blending, using with and without shadow, and nothing worked. Maybe it's just me (and according to the MAC girl, it basically is, haha), but it simply didn't do as promised. You could definitely use a primer before, but that seems silly. Two primers doesn't make one right.

on 3/20/2011 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

for reference i am asian with yellow undertones and an NC35. Ive been doing alot of research before i bought this particular pain pot. Ive been torn between painterly and soft ochre! everyone says soft ochre is for people with yellow undertones! But for some reason painterly looked better on me. Soft ochre was too yellow, i felt like a banana! lol and paint pots are good base and primers! love them! they never creased on me! idk why people say it creases. its creamy but it dries really good on the lids. i have been using UDDP and after i found this, i never went back to using it. UDDP doesnt allow me to blend much, and paint pots do! i dnt use UDDP under the paint pot coz it pretty much holds itself well! definitely will buy over and over again!

on 3/20/2011 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I use this everyday as my eyeshadow base. It is the perfect tone for my NC20 skin and dark hair. It is great value for money - I bought mine back in 2009 and I still have 1/5 left. Will definitely be repurchasing.

on 3/17/2011 8:09:00 PM

Love this. Very easy to apply (I find that fingers work best as it can be too chalky if applied with a brush). Alone, it makes my lids even in color and allows my eye color to pop. With shadow, it allows the shadow to remain true, not migrate or break down. I even apply a bit to my undereye area at times to minimize dark circles. Does not budge.

on 3/17/2011 7:57:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Great shadow base! This works really well on my oily lids. I love how it gives me a clean & matte canvass. Using my ring finger, I just dab a bit of this product all over my lids. I usually use it under the neutral shadows from my Too Faced Palette. It's also perfect for toning down those super bright/vibrant shadows. Would repurchase!

on 3/17/2011 4:56:00 PM

I can't live without Painterly now! It takes the redness away from my lids so the real eyeshadow color can be seen :) I have been using the same jar almost daily for 6 months and have barely made a dent.

Top Rated MAC Products