Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherolrosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

on 8/23/2009 10:39:00 PM

I love this product. It is one of the few lip balms that actually stays put for more than just a few minutes.
I have dry lips and most other products I have used are medicated and end up drying me out even more or just sink right in, leaving my lips exposed to the elements.

Some people have reviewed that they don't like that this product seems to sit on top of the lips and never sinks in...I actually like that about this product. I find it acts as a barrier to the sun, heat and dry air. I find that hours after putting this lip balm on my lips are very soft and I can still feel the product on my lips. It is not greasy and provides just a hint of color.
I liked it so much I bought a second tube just so I won't ever be without!

on 8/21/2009 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I got mine as a freebie with a coupon received in the mail. I don't know that I will be purchasing any after this tube is gone. I keep it in my makeup with all my lippies. I don't find anything amazing about this Burts Bees lip balm. I was expecting to have nicely moisturized, healed lips. Nope. It didn't do anything to do the opposite, it just didn't do anything great. I hated the smell at first... it reminded me of the candles you burn while outside to keep bugs away. After having been using it for several weeks, though, I don't seem to mind it any longer.

on 8/16/2009 8:02:00 PM

Another quest to find the perfect lip balm...

I decided to jump on the suggestions given by some in a forum/thread on MUA - and purchased the two-pack of this stuff @ Target. I like the cooling effect, the fact that it's made of organic ingredients. It softens up my lips but I think it does TOO GOOD of a job of that - the top layer of skin on my lips end up peeling away, and no matter how nice my lips look that day, a layer peels off every time I use it. It's not a bad thing: I use this after showers to exfoliate my lips now, but it's not something I would use when my lips are chapped/sore/burning/etc.

Good lip conditioner to exfoliate. =D

on 8/5/2009 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really tried to like this product, but I felt like this lipbalm did nothing to relieve my lips of dryness. This just sat on top of my lip and did nothing to moisturize them.

on 7/30/2009 1:51:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I just got this today and it works OK... I LOVE the smell unlike some reviewers have said. I really like the fact that it's 100% natural and has a slight tint of color. The color may go away like 15 mins after applying but I didnt get it for the color anyway. It doesnt excactly 'moisturize' my lips but it stays on REALLY long! Overall, it's fine, nothing special. Alot of the reviews complain about smell and taste but the smell seems very pleasant and lips balms arent exactly for eating =/...plus it's BEES WAX. What do you expect?

on 7/29/2009 6:04:00 PM

I like the smell of this and the color it gives your lips, but it doesn't do that great a job of keeping them moisturized. Plus I don't see that it has any SPF.

on 7/27/2009 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this stuff. Not the best lip balm I've tried, but it's definitely up there. I love its sheer red shade that it leaves on your lips... very natural and pretty. I'm not a fan of the flavor but my friends says it smells lovely. I mainly like it for its function--a bit waxy, but when I put it on, it's pure, long lasting relief for flaky lips. I prefer this over the original because it does not contain menthol.

on 7/23/2009 3:25:00 AM

I use the original version regularly, but thought I'd try this pomegranate one for a change. I actually ended up throwing it out. It felt really oily but didn't really moisturize my lips like the original. I also couldn't stand the smell.

on 7/23/2009 3:08:00 AM

I got this by accident because my dad thought this was the original one so he bought me it when he was at work.I actually don't like it. It really moisturizes the lips but the smell throws me off. I just hate the smell. I'm good with sticking to my original Burt's Bees

on 7/21/2009 4:40:00 PM

I received this as an extra in a swap. I had high hopes for this, since I'm a fan of Burt Bee's (especially their tinted lip balms). However, this fell short to expectations. This leaves my lips feeling *moist*, but not hydrated. I applied this on at night and woke up with the same dry lips. I applied this a few hours ago, and my lips still feel moist. But when I rub it together it still feels dry and peel-ey. Lasting power is great, I just wish it actually did something to the condition of my lips. I'm still going to stick with it and will update if anything changes. But for now, it's pretty "meh".

Popular Lip Treatments