TRESemme Instant Heat Tamer Spray

4.1

Water, Amodimethicon , Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, PVP, Polysorbate 20, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, DMDM Hydantoin, Trideceth-12, Cetrimonium Chloride, Benzophenone-4, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Silk, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Biotin

on 12/7/2010 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Fantastic drugstore product. I had been using Redken's Iron Silk, a spray that's meant to be used with a flat-iron, and liked it just fine. I bought this on a whim and have probably been using it for 9 months or so and I couldn't find it the other day, so I grabbed my old Redken one - and I liked it less than Tresemme's! Crazy. I don't notice a huge difference when I'm using these products; they both keep my hair smooth and straight and smell nice (though I prefer the scent of the Tresemme one) and the straightness of my hair lasts into the next day, but I find my hair feels heavier and gunkier the next day with the Redken spray. I love finding a drugstore product that's better than its expensive twin. :D The only reason I gave it a 4 is because I don't think either of these products do much in the way of protecting my hair from heat damage - but that's okay. I'll definitely repurchase the Tresemme, I'm totally happy with it.

on 12/4/2010 10:07:00 PM

I bought this product because of the amazing reviews on MakeupAlley!
Honestly i don't feel any difference after using it! Its like water! My friend is a hairdresser and she said that nothing can really protect you from heat damage! If you use your flat iron or curling iron, the heal WILL damage your hair in a way or another..and these products dont really CURE the damage. They might make your hair feel smoother cuz the product has glycerin or something similar..but at the end, your hair is still going to be damaged.

on 11/29/2010 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I heard everyone raving about this but honestly its not that great. When I first put it on I loved how it sprayed and the sturdy and edgy packaging. But it smells TERRIBLE that alone would make me never buy this product again. (some of my guy friends smelled my hair and said it was a turn off) so if you do want this product I would recommend a body spray or perfume to spray on your hair after wards. Also it made my hair go flat, it lost volume and its curl (I curled my hair) and It looked horrible at the end of the day. When I straiten it, its okay but it still makes my hair flat (I don't put any on the roots, and I have naturally voluminous so i know its this product that did it.) On the upside though it made my hair soft and shiny after the heat. But most heat sprays do so I'll just skip this product next time.

on 11/29/2010 12:26:00 AM

Love it , it doesn't grease your hair out :)

on 11/28/2010 7:22:00 PM

HG! this product is the only one for me!

I have very fine/thin hair, so I really need to avoid using too many products, or products that will leave buildup or feel heavy or greasy in my hair.

you will NOT feel or notice this product in your hair no matter how much you spray on, but this stuff works wonders!

after one use before blowdrying, my hair is less fried and WAY softer and shiner than without using it. I also use it before using my CHI flatiron and have really great results!

It really protects your hair and makes it feel soft and healthy, and for me it also helps with detangling and controling frizz!

it has a very light, pleasent scent, bairly noticeable, but the scent will stay on your hair (which I like, but some people might not.)

it has a manual-spray top that always gives an even, light mist on your hair and has yet to clog for me....however some people might find the positioning of this nozzle difficult to use in those hard-to-reach places on your head.

BEST OF ALL: its a LARGE bottle that is DIRT CHEAP! worth a try!

on 11/28/2010 6:39:00 PM

Love this product! Great price, smells great too. I spray this in my hair after I towel dry my hair and it helps with de-tangling my hair also before I blow dry.

on 11/27/2010 8:40:00 AM

This is the first and only heat protector product I have used. It has a nice smell and causes the hair to smoothen and straighten. It is easy to open and close. I highly recommend this product.

on 11/27/2010 1:56:00 AM

dear lord this product smells like WOW
i cant stop smelling my hair when i spritz it in. omg its..love really
sometimes i wish it was socially acceptable to wear this scent as a perfume cuz, i love it. *sniff
in regards to function, i do believe it works as this is the first time in years i have noticed that my hair hasnt been sprouting split ends or signs of weakening hair etc.
plus, it smells perfect
i wish the whole world could smell like this. i do blieve it would make it a better place. maybe even bring about world peace. yes. i think it would :)

on 11/25/2010 1:43:00 PM

AMAZING HEAT PROTECTANT!

this makes my hair so soft and shiny, and i find it doesn't make my hair flat!

and it protects to!

Edit: Okay, i found out my this WASN'T causing my dry scalp (it wasn't dandruff ^^;) problem, it was actually my shampoo that was doing it.

on 11/24/2010 6:28:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

LOOOVE this product! It smells great and works great. I do notice a difference in how my hair looks when I don't use the product and when I do. I would highly recommend to anyone.

Popular Styling Products