September 20, 2014 | 1606 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2009 8:24:00 PM More reviews by tsaraya29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Rarely have I ever felt the results of a cleanser after the first try, but this has won me over on just one use. I have been trying to stick to one skin care regimen (clinique) for a couple of months now - and I tried AOBS for the first time and noticed an immediate difference on how my skin felt aftewards - smooth, soft, and not overly stripped or dried out. I actually went to the Lush counter to pick up coal face, but the rep recommended Angels for my combo oily/dry skin. This worked like a dream and I'm so glad she recommended it. Will update this review in a couple of months.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2009 5:14:00 AM More reviews by stinky303piggy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i am a skincare junkie but this has really opened my eyes to face cleansers. it has crushed almond pieces for a gentle exfoliation and lavender to control oil. im personally not a fan of anything lavender but i cannot live without this. its amazing with my break out i can start to see results the next day when i use this and the fresh face pharmacy soap as a spot treatment. only downfall is you have to mix it but i would highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2009 12:50:00 AM More reviews by cchien

i love this facewash. it completely changed my skin over the last four months. my pores are clean and tight, and my face is nice and smooth. i really hate having to mix it but its worth it. i use the breath of fresh air toner afterwards.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2009 11:30:00 AM More reviews by redlipstickbandit

I usually like Lush products but this just did not do it for me.Maybe I would like this in the winter when my skin is more dry but as we move into summer and I get more oily this broke me out like nobodys business.I also really didn't feel like it cleaned my face.I am starting to move away from Lush b/c the fragrances they add irritate my skin.Don't forget Lush is not all-natural.They are Mostly natural.I am going to go bar to my tea-tree oil soap that is 3 dollars for the whole bar.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2009 11:17:00 AM More reviews by notanotherbadhairday

I got this about two weeks ago and so far I really like it. This cleanser is more like an exfoliator to me. I only use it 3 times a week to get rid of dead skin cells. It works really well because it's so gentle. Most scrubs have harsh chemicals and rough bits that damage the skin, this doesn't.
You might be able to use this everyday, I just choose not to.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2009 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Veeverma

I really like AOBS - it IS a real nuisance to use - if your hands are too wet you'll drop it, sometimes it gets in the hair around my face and i have to make sure it's all washed out, it's difficult sometimes to get the exact consistency right - bit if you stick with it, your skin will definitely thank you for it.

It now comes in a plastic screw-top pot, which is a huge improvement over earlier when it just came wrapped in plastic - and looks like a sludgy, coarse blob.
Sounds revolting, but smells like lavender and once you add in a little water it turns into a milky paste which you genty cleanse your face with, using it as you would an exfoliant.

It exfoliates, cleanses and eliminates both dry patches as well as blackheads / bumps etc - which is pretty awesome.
I really do think it's worth the minor hassle - i now just pick out a small blob and genty massage into my damp face, which is the most easy and fuss-free way technique.

I think i'm hooked for life.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2009 1:27:00 PM More reviews by starlette155

Even though I am a devout LUSHie, I cannot give this product anything but a negative review. I received a generous sample of this with one of my mail orders, and decided to give it a whirl since it gets rave reviews. I liked it at first, but a few days into using it the result was the worst breakout I have ever experienced in my life. I got really painful cystic acne along my chin and cheeks. Angels on Bare Skin resulted in Demons on Bare Skin for me. lol. Since then my face has improved tremendously with another LUSH product, Coal Face. I love LUSH's skincare range, but Angels on Bare Skin just did not work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2009 12:17:00 AM More reviews by kaisze

I really really like this product. I have combo skin with an oily t-zone and very tried cheeks- this product is not too drying so it doesn't cause my face to flake. It is gentle enough to use everyday, I don't mind the pastiness of it because it doesn't take that long to get it to the right consistency just a few drops of water. As for the smell, at first I thought it smelt kind of weird but after a couple times of using it, it grew on me and now when I use it I can't stop smelling it.
I think it is safe to use twice a day for people with oilier skin but for me, I only use it at night before I go to bed. I also use Breath of Fresh Air Toner with it and it makes my face feel great! I will definitely repurchase this product once I run out!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2009 7:08:00 PM More reviews by kamlin98

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I always have this cleanser/exfoliator on hand. From time to time I get small bumps on my jaw line and my cheeks. I used to work at a spa and have used a ton of different exfoliators from the gentlest to chemical peel strength, but all of these either didn't do anything or irritated my skin. Angels is one of the first items I used from Lush, I took it home and used it everyday for about of week and it totally cleared up the bumps. I have used it for that purpose several times since then and it still works! I only use it for that purpose though because it is too gentle to serve as a regular exfoliator.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2009 7:00:00 PM More reviews by xokMb13

i'm giving this a 4 because it really wasn't for my skin, but i think it still would do great on other people. it does exfoliate, feels pretty good, and the thing i liked about it was that my skin felt really clean, and still moisturized and exfoliated. the reason why i rated this a 4 is because the next morning i woke up my face started to break out worse than it had before.
i really think this is a good product but would just work better on people who have no acne, or don't break out that much.