LUSH Angels on Bare Skin

3.9

Ground Almonds Glycerine Kaolin Water (Aqua) Lavender Oil Rose Absolute Chamomile Blue Oil Tagetes Oil Benzoin Resinoid Lavender Flowers *Limonene *Linalool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Surprisingly, this was amazing on my skin. To be totally honest, I haven't had much luck with Lush skincare, despite the fact I have tried nearly every Lush product by now. The cleansers are generally either like soap or like just washing my face with water. However, I found Angels on bare skin was not bad when i first used it a few years ago. I quite like the smell, and the texture is amazing. I have combination to oily skin and was expecting it to be a disaster, but it worked well and my skin was beautifully soft. The only downside is that a) I had to use quite a bit and b) I wasn't wearing make up at all at the time. That being said, I'm really not sure it would work nearly as well today :)

on 8/23/2009 12:51:00 PM

I absolutely love this cleanser and wont use anything else.
I have EXTREMELY sensitive skin, everything I have ever tried (Aveeno, Avene, La Roche Posay, Vichy) has left my face bright red, stinging, burning, and irritated, even cleansers without soaps, alcohols, or acids. I had been using other Lush products for years and decided it was time to try one of their cleansers, and since it only had 5 ingredients I figured there wasnt much chance of it irritating my skin, and I was right.
Yes, it takes a few more minutes than other products, but its so worth it. Not only does it clean my skin without the burning, but it makes it feel soft and moisturized too. I just use it at night, and then when I shower in the morning I just let the water hit my face and nothing else.
I cant say enough good things about this product, it really has been a miracle for my sensitive skin.

on 8/13/2009 7:02:00 PM

I love how soft and smooth this made my skin!! Unfortunately it also broke me out. I can't use anything that contains Koalin, and this cleanser contains that. i thought it was ok since i got a sample and it "seemed" ok. I was wrong :"( Now i'm stuck with 100grms of this stuff i can't use!

on 8/13/2009 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this product. I definitely do not have the best skin- red, oily and dry, and sensitive- but this really seamed to help, exfoliates well while still being gentle. I took a lipie off only because it expires in 3 months and i liked it so much when i first got it i bought a bunch haha (which I should have been aware of since its lush)

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

this is my everyday cleanser. I use this during the day and it really helps. I have mild keratosis pillaris in my face and this really works without drying your face.

on 8/9/2009 7:19:00 PM

I have to be fair; for my needs, Angels on Bare Skin is a poor performer. I have oily, blackhead-prone skin that's otherwise quite clear. I need a good, hardworking cleanser to strip it of its daily dose of makeup, powder, and sunscreen. This isn't it.

Mind you, I was told by the LUSH employee that this is more of a gentle morning cleanser, designed for those with not-so-oily skin, and although it is an exfoliator, it's very light. For that reason, it's great to use daily and it does feel my skin feeling soft and supple. But I just don't feel clean after using this.

For those with skin like mine, you're better off with Dark Angels, a hardcore exfoliator which will suck the blackheads away and leave you with baby soft skin.

on 8/8/2009 7:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I so desperately wanted Angels on Bare Skin to like my face, but it just didn't - they fought like cat and dog. On the one hand, it left my face silky satin smooth and I loved the product scent, the natural ingredients, its moisturizing properties and the method of cleansing by mixing into a paste and it never broke me out. But I had a terrible allergic reaction to this no matter what condition my skin was in and I tried and tried again, but to no avail. I just kept ending up with neon-red skin that was tight, sore and felt like it was on fire. I've no idea which ingredient(s) caused it as I rarely have problems with LUSH products, but this and Ultrabland both had the same effect, despite both being created for sensitive skin. Strangely, I've had better luck with Dark Angels which is a much stronger version aimed at young, oily skin! AOBS is by no means a make-up remover but a lovely morning cleanser, scrub and facial treatment for people with better behaved skin than mine. *sigh*

on 8/5/2009 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Oh how I love this stuff! I sampled it when I got Dark Angles and fell in love. It's the perfect AM cleanser for me. I work it into a paste and softly pat it on my face before I rub it so that none falls off! Leave it on while you shave in the shower or wash and it makes your skin so soft and smooth! I find it calms the horrible red remmains of a chin breakout that is dead but still inflamed looking.

on 8/4/2009 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have normal skin that doesn't usually act up or break out. I bought this along with Celestial for a new skin routine. The SA applied this all over my hand and I remember thinking to myself, why is she rubbing wet horse food all over my hand? After she rinsed me off, I felt my skin and was amazed at how soft and clean it was, so I bought about $10's worth and decided to give it a try.

It's been about a month, and I use this product religiously. The smell was a bit strange at first - certainly not anything like the fruity or flowery cleanser smells I was used to - but it's grown on me and I actually enjoy the refreshing scent now. It's kind of annoying to wet it and knead into a paste, but it only takes about 10 seconds and I like that a little bit of product goes a long way. I use this pretty much every day because my skin isn't super sensitive, but every once in a while I exfoliate with this for five minutes and leave it on my face for another five minutes. It leaves my skin feeling soft and fresh, and it's helped clear up some blackheads around my nose.

As with all facial products, I would highly recommend picking up a sample first. This product worked well on me but that's no guarantee that it'll do the same for you...always read these reviews with a grain of salt!

on 8/2/2009 9:21:00 PM

This stuff is amazing for rashes and exfoliating once a week.
I had the worst contact dermatitus from trying all sorts of creams with SPF included.
Nothing was clearing it up. My face looked like a science experiment for hives and the effects allergies have on unfortunate individuals.
I had heard so much about LUSH and was really into the no chemicals groove.
So off I to the nearest LUSH, smelling everything in sight, then explaining my rash and my skin's tendancy towards dryness. "Use AOBS twice a day and your rash will go away" claimed the helpful sales assistant.
1 week later and oh my god.
The rash was gone and my skin was back to being beautiful.
Now, I only use this once or twice a week, but for rashes and dermatitus from harsh products, this is a miracle.
Oh, and I love the smell. So. Much.
Whenever I get stressed or can't sleep, I go into my bathroom and smell all my LUSH products (: