October 24, 2014 | 1715 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2009 1:11:00 AM More reviews by brandylee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Got this as a sample from Lush. I told the SA that I have very oily skin but it can be sensitive so she gave me a sample of this and aquamarina. Thinking back, I would have rather took a risk and got something to help me feel cleaner (herbalism, ocean salt, etc.). I really like things that lather so this didn't really make me feel clean. The smell is weird and it did make my face feel smooth, but I think it has oil in it so I think that's what is making my face soft, and my face is oily enough! I don't agree with the statement that cleansers shouldn't strip all of your natural oils out or you will overproduce oil- I've talked to many dermatologists who say that for me, it is a totally internal problem that is not affected by external products- but I'm basically just stating that I need something a little more drying becaause that is what it takes for me to feel clean. I would not buy or recommend this, but I suggest trying a sample because so many people seem to love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2009 10:26:00 PM More reviews by lillulu

I didn't really like this. I read some reviews and was excited to try it. it did nothing for me. I did not like the packaging. I was very disappointed in this product. I never got the right consistency with this product. It was a waste fo money for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2009 12:01:00 AM More reviews by aastew

When I first used this I immediately loved it. It makes your skin so soft. Then, after about a week of using it every morning in the shower, my face started breaking out. I have combo skin. If you never have breakouts, this might feel very nice on your skin, but if you are prone to breakouts every now and then, I would say, Beware......

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2009 11:36:00 PM More reviews by acheong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this product almost daily. I guess it's supposed to be an exfoliater, but it's gentle enough for more frequent use. The ingredients are all natural, so it only lasts around 3 months. My latest purchase of this was the 3.5 oz size online, and I received it in a flimsy plastic box, with the lid taped down (1 lip off for packaging). I recommend putting the product in a better container. What I do is put a week's amount into a small black screw on container a LUSH store gave me when I got a sample of the cleanser. I like using this in the shower because it can get a little messy with the lavender bits. I get a pea size amount in my palm, sprinkle a tiny bit of water on it, and then mix/mash it so it's easier to spread on my face. :) My face always feels balanced (very clean, but not dry, which is what my skin tends to be) after cleansing with this.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2009 5:40:00 PM More reviews by LanaPalooza

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this during my last visit to LUSH. I have semi-oily skin and tend to breakout if I don't use a cleanser that works for me. When I tried this out, I was left feeling oilier than before I started off. This is a very gentle cleanser and will be good for normal skin. My mother loves it! As for me, I'll stick to Herbalism. It works wonders! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2009 2:52:00 AM More reviews by HollyScott

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't feel like this cleaned my skin at all. I wear a decent amount of makeup and I guess my skin is kind of greasy at the end of the day. This didn't work well for me at all. I like a clean finish and AOBS did not give me that.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2009 8:31:00 PM More reviews by hellokittyfan1974

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked AOBS but I used mine more as a weekly face scrub/mask. I can't see using this as an every day cleanser. I used mine 2-3 times a week as a exfoilator and have not had any problems or break outs on my combination skin. I sometimes also would scrub it on my wet face and let it dry like a mask for for a few mins before I washed it off. You only need a tiny bit (pea sized) for you face so my jar lasted a long time too. The downside to this product is that it is messy and will drip down you arms if you use it in the sink. I've started to use mine in the shower and it's less of a problem and easier to rinse off. I'm holding off on getting this again.....I see that "Dark Angel" (for oily skin) has already hit the UK and want to try that next if it ever makes it's way over the pond.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2009 5:54:00 AM More reviews by JulesGrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This cleanser does leave your skin soft and smooth, not at all screaming for moisturiser right away. The reason I only give it a four is that it really is more of a gentle scrub then a cleanser. If it had not had the crushed almonds and silly lavender flowers in it, I think this would definitely have been my HG morning cleanser since I love that it does not so much cleanse as gently refresh your face.

edited to add:
After much experimentation I am returning to this as a morning cleanser since I just want something refreshing in the morning. I alternate it with a real scrub. In the evenings to remove make-up I use another cleanser. This is a nice addition, but not a cleanser to be used as the only one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2009 8:24:00 PM More reviews by tsaraya29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Rarely have I ever felt the results of a cleanser after the first try, but this has won me over on just one use. I have been trying to stick to one skin care regimen (clinique) for a couple of months now - and I tried AOBS for the first time and noticed an immediate difference on how my skin felt aftewards - smooth, soft, and not overly stripped or dried out. I actually went to the Lush counter to pick up coal face, but the rep recommended Angels for my combo oily/dry skin. This worked like a dream and I'm so glad she recommended it. Will update this review in a couple of months.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2009 5:14:00 AM More reviews by stinky303piggy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i am a skincare junkie but this has really opened my eyes to face cleansers. it has crushed almond pieces for a gentle exfoliation and lavender to control oil. im personally not a fan of anything lavender but i cannot live without this. its amazing with my break out i can start to see results the next day when i use this and the fresh face pharmacy soap as a spot treatment. only downfall is you have to mix it but i would highly recommend it!