December 20, 2014 | 1631 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2009 7:32:00 AM More reviews by Mireille

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I never dreamed I'd find a cleanser as horrid as this! Greasy, gritty, and it left a thick film of debris on my face. Glad I only had a sample.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2009 12:13:00 PM More reviews by tuffins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I recieved AOBS through the 'Night in for Two' package that came free with my order. I am not really into the chamomile-tea lavender smell but that is something I can get past. The product itself isn't exfoliating enough for me, I prefer Dark Angels. It does a nice job moisturizing as I have dryish skin and doesn't leave me greasy. I can see how people with oily skin would really not like this! It is really gentle so I might pass it onto my sister who would really love this. If you *liked* AOBS but it wasn't exfoliating enough for you - try Dark Angels. EDIT: This broke me out on my NECK! I have never had neck acne before in my life and this was the only new product.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2009 5:35:00 PM More reviews by islanderrootz

I am a fan of Lush, yeah but I've been using this cleanser everyday, twice a day for around 5 months and unfortunately it's done nothing for me. The previous lush cleanser I purchased (Herbalism) came in a container but this one just came in the paper packaging which is quite fragile so it's not that great for travel use either.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2009 11:56:00 PM More reviews by elizaeliza

I love Lush products and I've used a lot of them in the past, but I had gotten away from their cleansers, mostly due to price.

After I developed rosacea, my skin started flaking terribly, and I was ready to pay more for skin care that made my face look better. I picked up AOBS and it has worked a treat. My skin does not flake at all any more, and the product doesn't make my rosacea flare.

I don't use this as a heavy-duty cleanser. I only use it as part of my morning routine. I use MAC Cleanse-Off Oil plus Cetaphil wash for removing makeup at the end of the day and I don't expect AOBS would take the place of them.

The packaging is not perfect but it works fine. I have to reach out of the shower and dry my hand off before I can get any of this out of the container but honestly, I'm so pleased to have non-flaky skin that I'll put up with a little bit of trouble from the container.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2009 2:46:00 PM More reviews by sneakattack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I liked this cleanser but it was a little too oily for my skin year round. I'd only use it in the winter when I get dried out. Love the smell though.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2009 5:56:00 AM More reviews by iKissingTheLipless

When I first started using this, about a month ago, I thought it was working nicely on my dry skin, and loved how soft my face felt after using it. About a week later, I noticed a pimple on my forehead and one above my lip (two places I never ever break out), and this was the only thing I had added to my regimen. Even though my skin is dry, I feel like the oils in this cause me to break out, and then the pimples get all peely and gross because of the dryness. I wish the lush lady had given me a sample size like I had asked for so I wouldn't have wasted $9.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2009 3:58:00 AM More reviews by rvmc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I prefer to use this as an exfoliant and then use a very gentle cleanser afterwards as I don't much like the slight film of oil. I generally mash some baking soda in for a little extra exfoliation. It's reasonably pricey in NZ too. Overall I suppose it's ok but nothing fantastic. Some of the oil leaked out from the paper when it was in my bag on the way home which wasn't too nice. I keep it in one of the black pots I had a fresh mask in, and that seems to work ok.

Probably won't repurchase seeing as it's so expensive, I'll most likely go for Trilogy exfoliant next.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2009 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Lakiwahine06

LOVE this product! I have combination skin. This is used as my morning cleanser. The smell isnt great, but after awhile you dont notice it. A little goes a long way. Take a pea sized amount in the palm of your hand, and rub into your palm with water to make a paste. Apply to your face in circular motions. It has i think pieces of almonds or something to that consistency, which makes for a great exfoliator. It tends to get a little messy, and isnt quick to just massage into your face and wash off. It doesnt take a little time to prepare and exfoliate. It leaves your skin so SOFT! I couldnt believe it. It is pricey, but for the amount that you get, it could last months! You can also ask for a certain amount whether by price or weight, and you can purchase it that way.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2009 1:11:00 AM More reviews by brandylee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Got this as a sample from Lush. I told the SA that I have very oily skin but it can be sensitive so she gave me a sample of this and aquamarina. Thinking back, I would have rather took a risk and got something to help me feel cleaner (herbalism, ocean salt, etc.). I really like things that lather so this didn't really make me feel clean. The smell is weird and it did make my face feel smooth, but I think it has oil in it so I think that's what is making my face soft, and my face is oily enough! I don't agree with the statement that cleansers shouldn't strip all of your natural oils out or you will overproduce oil- I've talked to many dermatologists who say that for me, it is a totally internal problem that is not affected by external products- but I'm basically just stating that I need something a little more drying becaause that is what it takes for me to feel clean. I would not buy or recommend this, but I suggest trying a sample because so many people seem to love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2009 10:26:00 PM More reviews by lillulu

I didn't really like this. I read some reviews and was excited to try it. it did nothing for me. I did not like the packaging. I was very disappointed in this product. I never got the right consistency with this product. It was a waste fo money for me.