LUSH Angels on Bare Skin

3.9

Ground Almonds Glycerine Kaolin Water (Aqua) Lavender Oil Rose Absolute Chamomile Blue Oil Tagetes Oil Benzoin Resinoid Lavender Flowers *Limonene *Linalool

on 8/13/2009 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this product. I definitely do not have the best skin- red, oily and dry, and sensitive- but this really seamed to help, exfoliates well while still being gentle. I took a lipie off only because it expires in 3 months and i liked it so much when i first got it i bought a bunch haha (which I should have been aware of since its lush)

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

this is my everyday cleanser. I use this during the day and it really helps. I have mild keratosis pillaris in my face and this really works without drying your face.

on 8/9/2009 7:19:00 PM

I have to be fair; for my needs, Angels on Bare Skin is a poor performer. I have oily, blackhead-prone skin that's otherwise quite clear. I need a good, hardworking cleanser to strip it of its daily dose of makeup, powder, and sunscreen. This isn't it.

Mind you, I was told by the LUSH employee that this is more of a gentle morning cleanser, designed for those with not-so-oily skin, and although it is an exfoliator, it's very light. For that reason, it's great to use daily and it does feel my skin feeling soft and supple. But I just don't feel clean after using this.

For those with skin like mine, you're better off with Dark Angels, a hardcore exfoliator which will suck the blackheads away and leave you with baby soft skin.

on 8/8/2009 7:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I so desperately wanted Angels on Bare Skin to like my face, but it just didn't - they fought like cat and dog. On the one hand, it left my face silky satin smooth and I loved the product scent, the natural ingredients, its moisturizing properties and the method of cleansing by mixing into a paste and it never broke me out. But I had a terrible allergic reaction to this no matter what condition my skin was in and I tried and tried again, but to no avail. I just kept ending up with neon-red skin that was tight, sore and felt like it was on fire. I've no idea which ingredient(s) caused it as I rarely have problems with LUSH products, but this and Ultrabland both had the same effect, despite both being created for sensitive skin. Strangely, I've had better luck with Dark Angels which is a much stronger version aimed at young, oily skin! AOBS is by no means a make-up remover but a lovely morning cleanser, scrub and facial treatment for people with better behaved skin than mine. *sigh*

on 8/5/2009 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Oh how I love this stuff! I sampled it when I got Dark Angles and fell in love. It's the perfect AM cleanser for me. I work it into a paste and softly pat it on my face before I rub it so that none falls off! Leave it on while you shave in the shower or wash and it makes your skin so soft and smooth! I find it calms the horrible red remmains of a chin breakout that is dead but still inflamed looking.

on 8/4/2009 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have normal skin that doesn't usually act up or break out. I bought this along with Celestial for a new skin routine. The SA applied this all over my hand and I remember thinking to myself, why is she rubbing wet horse food all over my hand? After she rinsed me off, I felt my skin and was amazed at how soft and clean it was, so I bought about $10's worth and decided to give it a try.

It's been about a month, and I use this product religiously. The smell was a bit strange at first - certainly not anything like the fruity or flowery cleanser smells I was used to - but it's grown on me and I actually enjoy the refreshing scent now. It's kind of annoying to wet it and knead into a paste, but it only takes about 10 seconds and I like that a little bit of product goes a long way. I use this pretty much every day because my skin isn't super sensitive, but every once in a while I exfoliate with this for five minutes and leave it on my face for another five minutes. It leaves my skin feeling soft and fresh, and it's helped clear up some blackheads around my nose.

As with all facial products, I would highly recommend picking up a sample first. This product worked well on me but that's no guarantee that it'll do the same for you...always read these reviews with a grain of salt!

on 8/2/2009 9:21:00 PM

This stuff is amazing for rashes and exfoliating once a week.
I had the worst contact dermatitus from trying all sorts of creams with SPF included.
Nothing was clearing it up. My face looked like a science experiment for hives and the effects allergies have on unfortunate individuals.
I had heard so much about LUSH and was really into the no chemicals groove.
So off I to the nearest LUSH, smelling everything in sight, then explaining my rash and my skin's tendancy towards dryness. "Use AOBS twice a day and your rash will go away" claimed the helpful sales assistant.
1 week later and oh my god.
The rash was gone and my skin was back to being beautiful.
Now, I only use this once or twice a week, but for rashes and dermatitus from harsh products, this is a miracle.
Oh, and I love the smell. So. Much.
Whenever I get stressed or can't sleep, I go into my bathroom and smell all my LUSH products (:

on 8/2/2009 6:55:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I like this cleanser! It is soft and smells really good, although I find that it doesn't mix with water that well. I love the way it smells, although it is a strong smell. Not really that exfoliating, the herbs jut kind of fall off my face. I gets my skin really clean and helps with the oil and the dry skin on my face, it is worth at least picking up a sample of!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This product was nice, but it didn't do anything completely amazing for me. I keep my container stored in the fridge to prevent bacteria/mold/whatever. I'm still not quite sure if I'm using it right. I take a large pea sized amount (I cleanse my face, neck & chest) & add some water to make it pasty....except it doesn't get pasty for me...just incredibly chunky. Either way, I give myself a thorough facial massage with this & leave it on for about a minute then gently rinse it off. I tone afterward & my skin feels nice. It's definitely less oily, but I still tend to get breakouts when I use this. I like it, though & will continue to purchase :)

on 8/1/2009 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is just lovely!! My skin was really acting up this winter, getting all flaky (while still being oily) and sensitive and gross. I switched my gel cleanser and my Clinique scrub for this wonderful stuff and my skin immediately became softer and the redness calmed down completely. I was a bit hesitant to use an exfoliating cleanser every day, but this hasn't been an issue at all.

The smell isn't fantastic (it reminds me of off prune juice), but it isn't strong, and it doesn't linger at all. I keep my chunk in a little plastic container in the shower and use a pea sized amount each time. You just have to mush it up in the palm of your hand a little before you spread it on your face.