Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 5/27/2013 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has become my HG powder. I have tried many in hopes that they would help control the shine on my face and most have failed. I first heard about Rimmel Stay Matte while watching a beauty guru on youtube and she explained why she loved this powder, so I decided that I had to try! I was happy to see that it was very inexpensive, just in case I didn't like it I would at least know that I didn't waste a lot of money!

I'm glad I tried it. I LOVE it. The powder gives me a matte/silky finish that doesn't look cakey. My skin looks smooth, and the product has a mildly pleasant smell. And it really does control the shine on my face. Before this product, my face would be a greasy mess within a couple of hours after applying my face makeup. Now I don't have to touch up as much. The only complaint I have is that I hate the packaging. It would be nice if it was an actual compact with a mirror instead of the translucent twist-on lid. The lid comes off a little too easily, but other than that I think this is an excellent product at an amazing price.

on 5/27/2013 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Pros: cheap, colour matches my skin, biggest plus is that it is long lasting and does provide a matte finish.

Cons: does not come with a mirror or sponge/brush etc, the packaging does not close properly, feels heavy on my skin, can look cakey

I might buy it again but I will try to look for something better. If I could I would give this 3.5/5

EDIT: I noticed more breakouts... could be the powder but I'm not sure.

on 5/26/2013 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have a love/hate relationship with this product. I'm not your typical oily skin reviewer. I am your VERY oily skin reviewer. I have tried a lot of powders hoping to find "the one" that will magically last from morning to night with no touch ups. Never gonna happen...I know. So I read lots of reviews about this powder, seen many youtubers who "love" this powder and I have to say, it's not bad but definitely not "the one". I was really afraid it was going to make me breakout, but I have yet to see an increase in breakouts other than my normal, monthly hormonal breakouts. My matte-ness lasts for about a good 3, maybe 4 hours if I'm not out under the California sun. But after that my nose has its normal oil slicked appearance as well as my forehead and chin. I REFUSE to touch up powder in the middle of the day, worried that packing on more powder will be the one thing that will lead to those extra breakouts. Overall I do like this product. It's not the miracle I was looking for but it'll do for now. It's something that I know my skin reacts well too, as far as sensitivity and irritation goes, so it's more than likely that I will repurchase :)

on 5/22/2013 11:29:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

LOOOVE thiiisss. I don't really own a lot of Rimmel except for one of their lipsticks.. I heard A LOT of awesome reviews so I picked it up in translucent (I will be going to buy a colored one as well) I really like the smell, reminds me some what of aloe maybe? It feels soft if you touch it and soft on the skin and looks nice! Lasts a long time, will definitely be repurchasing! I'm not a fan of the casing tho, I wouldn't be carrying this around in my bag I'd be scared the lid would come off and get powder everywhere.

on 5/22/2013 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

As a mattifying powder, this worked... for all of three hours! I had to really cake this powder on to remove my forehead and nose shine. Not worth it, especially when my E.L.F. Studio Mattifying Powder costs less and works way better.

on 5/22/2013 9:32:00 AM

I have bought this twice now as I ran through the first one so quickly. It is an excellent powder- good to light coverage (works well with a concealer) and the shade Natural 03 blends really well with my skin tone. I highly, highly recommend this powder; it is my favorite in terms of coverage and price ($3.50 at Wally-world! Go get it!).

on 5/20/2013 10:12:00 PM

I ran out of my HG shine control powder by Neutrogena so I though I'd try this for my combo/oily skin and it was super cakey even if I put very little on my face. For a regular powder my favorite is Loreal True Match and for the oilies Neutrogena shine control. This didn't even compare.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my first Rimmel London's makeup purchases and i really like the results so far. I bought this product after running out of my Mac pressed makeup. I am almost halfway through the container and this is what i've experienced:

what i like about this makeup:
-gives my face a sheer dewy glow
-powder makeup that applies easily
-stays on for 6+ hours

what i dislike about this makeup:
-did not clear up acne
-does not cover up redness/post acne marks

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love this stuff. I have re purchased probably over 15 of these. Been using it on and off since middle school (I'm 21 now) I used to go back & forth with other powders but the last couple years this is all I use. The transparent one is actually fair enough for me, which is a plus by itself. Sometimes I press it into my skin with a flat top brush for more coverage, or you can lightly dust it. I like the way it looks, and it's great to buff out your blush if you use too much. I wouldn't say it keeps me matte all day but with my skin I can't really expect that anyway. It's a great quality powder from the drugstore!

on 5/16/2013 8:34:00 PM

The reviews are true. This is a Holy Grail powder. Truth be told, the packaging absolutely sucks. However, the powder provides complete coverage without being too cakey. The price is also right. I have really dry skin and this didn't make it flaky. Probably my favorite powder ever.

Video Reviews & Tutorials