October 23, 2014 | 1976 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by chrissadonner

Works pretty well as a blotting powder, however I don't like it for setting my makeup, as the matte finish doesn't last very long. I get pretty shiny in my t zone, nothing too extreme, which is why I find it odd I have completely different results from those on here with very oily skin, must just be my skin or something, but definitely worth checking out if you're in the market for a good blotting powder, however be careful if you have dry skin, might appear cakey/accentuate dry patches (as with any powder, really)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddict76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have used other powders such as MAC blot, careblend, MUFE high def, Dior forever, Maybelline dream matte, etc. I've been loving this powder, mainly for oil control. It can look cakey if you apply too much. But for me, it really controls my oily t-zone throughout the day. Yes packaging sucks but for the price it does the job. I'm around NC25-30 and used Sandstorm. I've recently tried Translucent which works as well.
BTW, Riteaid is having 40% off Rimmel products this week so I stocked up on these for only $3.41

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by materialface

After seeing one of my fave youtube beauty gurus Pixi2woo rave about this powder and see her continuously using this powder to set her foundation, i knew I'd love it. We are both fair skinned with our problematic areas being our t zone.

love:
- the price: I bought it for $6 CAD and this is a great price for a powder. I do recall seeing this priced for $4.99 CAD but now its marked up. nontheless, still a good price.
- it is finely milled powder even though it's pressed. this helps give my face a flawless poreless finish
- i am hardly ever oily in my t zone now!!! I used to use my MAC natural skin finish over any foundation I use, then would use MAC blot powder for when I get oily but I havent reached for either for the past 5 days since i bought Stay Matte powder!!! That says a lot.
- does NOT cake on your face. Mind you, I bought this in translucent but even my MAC blot powder with close to no color in it would make my forehead a bit cakey sometimes.

con:
- the packaging.... I must say I HATE the packaging. It's cute when you have it just sitting on your vanity, but when traveling, the cover does NOT stay on, and the label on mine will be rubbed/scratched off soon which I hate :( Rimmel's bronzers also come in this packaging which is a pain also.

regardless of my one con, this powder is AMAZIIIIIING. I've been wanting to buy Chanel's translucent loose powder but after buying this recently, rimmel stay matte is my current HG powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2013 3:13:00 AM More reviews by elisejarnved

I actually used this for awhile, but suddenly realized it wasn't good on my skin. It made my bumpy skin more noticable, it looked powdery very fast, i really nejeded a light hand. But omg i could not take the smell!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 2:37:00 AM More reviews by AwsElle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Other

One word: Amazing! I had heard so many amazing things about this powder and even though I had serious doubts about how well a drugstore powder would compare to high end brands, I decided that it was definitely worth a try since it is so affordable - even if it was horrible it wouldn't break the bank. I will never spend over $50 on powder ever again! This is the only powder that has ever kept me shine free all day long (at least 8 hours without having to blot or re-apply)! The only negatives about this product is that the packaging since the lid falls off so easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by anjamanninen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Creamy Natural, number 011. This is my holy grail powder. I have extremely oily skin, and I have tried numerous powders. With this, you get sooo much product compared to other brands, plus, it's only about $3. Yeah, the packaging sucks, but I honestly don't care, because all it does is just sit on my vanity or in my drawer. So there's no chance of breakage, This stuff keeps my skin matte for about 4 hours, and after about 5 my skin will get oily in my t-zone, but it's just a natural shine. It keeps my skin looking clear and it has a little bit of coverage as well. It has zero shimmer, glitter or shine and it doesn't cake at all. I use a powder puff and press it onto my skin, and after I put on my blush and bronzer, I take a big fluffy brush and lightly blend it out so the excess powder is removed. I would definitely recommend!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

This is a nice product, especially if you want a cheap, effective matte powder to set your make up. I hate spending a fortune on something I don't use a great deal of and this is perfect for just sweeping over the t-zone to give you a matte look where you need it most. I have this in 001 Transparent, and you can't seem to use to much of this, it doesn't get cakey and I also like that you can still get a quite natural, dewy finish despite it being a mattifying powder. I would recommend and buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this powder in the shade 001 transparent after hearing amazing things. This claims to make your face "matte" and shine free. Well let me tell you it is a pot of GLITTER. The kind that we used to play with in middle school. If you do not believe me and you own this product hold it up against the sun. Even the swatch it is a shimmery mess! I personally don't find glitter all over my face very flattering. It makes my face more shiny and very fake.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by MP70

This is the best powder I have used in a long time. Tried it on a whim one day, I had left my make up at home and just had a facial, so because it was cheep and on sale, I thought I'd give it a try. I didn't know how good this product would be. It goes on light, doesn't cake and covers awesomely. The best thing about this powder is it last and it keeps shine away, totally, for the whole day. The packaging not so great, no mirror and weak close. But then again this powder so good and has such lasting power touch ups are not really needed so leave it home.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by iheartmakeup963

Lovvvvvve this powder. It is very finely milled and kinda reminds me of benefit hello flawless. Unforrtunatly the colour selection is limited but if you can find your shade I'd highly recommend you buy it. It's better than covergirl clean pressed powder in my opinion. But the only down side is the packaging, it sucks the plastic lid pops fully off not held on by a hinge and doesn't screw on fully but I'd still recommend this product 100%