July 28, 2014 | 1973 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by SuperNyx7898

I had watched a video on Youtube giving this powder an amazing review. I had to get it. When I went to walmart, it was only about 5 dollars! Which is great when you're working off your allowance. Haha. Anyways, I love this powder. it's amazing. I never feel like I have too much make up on. This powder keeps my skin looking very airbrushed when used with a kabuki and it helps keeping me look fresh. Overall this is an amazing product. I didn't really like the packaging because of the cap. Never would I travel with this powder in fear of it spilling out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by ribbongal6941

All I can say is I LOVE this ( I have mine in transparent) Keeps things nice and matte

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by bleuciel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's an average powder, more suited for setting foundation than for keeping sebum at bay. It's not cakey and if applied correctly, does not give a powdery look. However, in my case, I use pressed powder to keep my oily T-zone under control and it fails at this task. I have to re-apply every few hours.
A HUGE MINUS is for the absolute crappy packaging. No sponge, the lid does not screw, no mirror, what is this???? How am I supposed to use this? Only at home and keep it safely tucked in my makeup bag??? This is preposterous, it's not that cheap in Europe. At 6-7 euros I'd say this is a medium-priced drugstore powder. Will not re-purchase and will stick to L'Oreal (though it too has some crappy packaging) or Bourjois.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Abomination

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Buyer Beware: MINERAL OIL is in this! I didn't even think products still used such a thing, but boy, I was wrong. If you are like me & suffer from acne, toss this stuff in the trash ASAP.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by browngabi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this product, seriously so cheap and works amazing. The packaging does suck but I've never had the lid come off in my makeup bag or spill anywhere; and for around $4(?!) you shouldn't expect terrific packing. I thought I would hate this since I have normal-dry skin but tried it out when I was at my sisters house and had to use her makeup for a night out. This powder did not look cakey and was more like a setting powder that held my foundation nicely. It's worth it just to try out and is ideal for those buying makeup on a budget. I've repurchased about 4 times, even if I have other powder I like to have this one in my collection as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2012 1:32:00 AM More reviews by jodiebug22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to love this powder when it was in the square packaging before they changed the formula and the container. Dont know what they did to the formula, but its not the same. Its okay, but nowhere as good as the previous version. Kept my oily skin under control for a couple of hours whereas the other one kept it oil free all day. I was heartbroken when I dropped it on the floor and broke my last square one :(
I have this one in the cupboard, but it just serves as an "emergency" one now. I might buy again, but only if it was on sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2012 9:04:00 PM More reviews by skywriter24

This a very good powder. It is very light and sets my foundation well. The only thing I hate about it is the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by violet5748

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really love this powder. I apply it with a makeup sponge after i put on my moisturizer and blot. I have horrible oily skin and all other powders or liquids have not helped at all. This hasn't helped me completely. It's not like i don't have to blot anymore, but i noticed it stays on all day long (even after i blot) and it has helped the oilyness somewhat. Comes off easy in the shower. It hasn't clogged my pores at all and does a great job at covering my small acne and scars. This is better though than any powder i've tried before. The price is unbelievably cheap. I bought it at walmart for about...3 or 4 dollars? Compared to all those other high-end powders i was really surprised this one worked especially because Rimmel is so cheap, many people think their products don't work. But they do. You'd be surprised sometimes how cheap things can actually be better than the expensive ones.

The only thing i have to complain about is the packaging. I would love to bring this powder with me on the go but i'm always afraid it's going to open because all it is, is a lid that doesn't snap or lock. I wish it'd come with a mirror or a makeup sponge by itself too, but i guess i can't complain so much considering the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by applecour

HG HG HG! I was skeptical about trying this powder. I was looking for a cheaper alternative to MAC's studio fix powder. The MAC powder was great, but I couldn't seem to find the right match for my skin, and it wast controlling oil in my t-zone that well.

I read some reviews on this powder and decided to pick it up at Target this past week. I got the color "transparent" which doesn't really look transparent at all. It's a very light neutral color. I should have gotten one shade darker, but ill use this one with some bronzes until its gone.

It's awesome! I apply moisturizer, concealer, and then buff this all over my face and neck with a fluffy powder brush. I never need to touch up throughout the day. It keeps the oil away without looking overly dry. It's also a light coverage and sets concealer very well. I've also slept in this (terrible I know) and have not noticed any negative effects.

I love this powder. I'll never be without it. I wouldn't recommend using it without a moisturizer though, or for someone with dry skin as it may make you flaky and even more dry.

EDIT: I've recently started setting my foundation with MAC's Studio Fix Powder + again, and find that it works better in that area. However, I will ALWAYS keep a Stay Matte on hand as a blot powder. I feel Studio Fix is too heavy for blotting, so this is perfect. It'll be my HG blot powder, and Studio Fix will be my HG setting powder/powder foundation (:

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2012 2:26:00 AM More reviews by rawortley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this powder. I have never found anything that will truley keep the area around my nose matte all day..but this does a great job eveywhere else and keeping the nose area matte the longest. My only issue is the packaging, being that most use this a a blotting powder it just seems it would make sense to make it in a compact. The stupid lid is always lost so fast. I have so much makeup and it takes so long with all the crap I gotta go through because of my ocd,everything has to be perfect most of the time, once it's time to leave everything is everywhere and trying to find the lid sucks. I can't just keep one in my purse because even when I know where the lid is it falls off so easy I'm afraid it will bust open in my purse. If they just made this in a normal compact it would be hg for me but they don't so while I'll cont to buy this I am still trying others to find possible hg.