April 17, 2014 | 1362 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2012 6:42:00 AM More reviews by LeroyDuncan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

A very standard powder.
I bought this powder a couple of months ago.
I never hit pan on it, the packaging broke in my bag causing the powder to break up. There was no large impact, it just snapped in my bag. Packaging quality is bad, the plastic feels flimsy and I kind of saw it coming. If you are going to be taking this powder out with you, I highly recommend a sturdy refillable compact.
Now on to the product itself, when I first used it, it set my foundation well and did mattify my nose and T zone. No later than 3 hours later, my nose had already become shiny and so I dabbed a small amount on, a few minutes later, my nose was shiny again, telling me this powder isn't as great as it was made out to be, after about 4 hours of wear, the powder started to break down on my nose and cheeks making me look stupid. I have had poundland/dollarstore powders that have lasted longer.
In conclusion, it is a very bog standard powder and I wouldn't recommend it. Disappointing.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2012 5:45:00 AM More reviews by pinkgreenpurple

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My nose gets really oily during the day, and this doesn't do the best job at keeping it matte. It claims to last five hours, which it stands by for the rest of my face. 5 hours after applying this my nose looks like an oil slick. I wasn't expecting much out of this, but overall I think it does the job pretty well, as my t-zone does get really oily and I've never found a product to really control it. Just wish it could last a bit longer! The packaging is horrible though, I'm afraid to drop it for fear of the powder shattering! I have the shade 001 transparent, and although it's not actually transparent it's a nice winter shade for my NC15/20 skin. Overall, as long as you're not super oily I think this would work.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 11:21:00 AM More reviews by nabila714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

It's about $5 and you get i think like 14 grams of product that lasts forever. I just hit pan and its going pretty fast after that. I don't feel this gets cakey and provides very light coverage. Overall its a great setting powder. I might try the translucent shade next. I have dry skin and don't feel this makes my dry patches look even more dry. This over revlon photoready is AMAZING! the packaging sucks but i don't mind bc i don't carry it with me

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by frickinradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I found this was really good for my oily skin, but i have a feeling if you have dry skin you might want to avoid.
it's fab to wear over liquid foundation or straight over the skin (i use a light covering over my bb cream). it keeps matte all day, i have quite a physical job and its never gone cakey by the end of the day.
the colour selection is great (especially for pale skin tones, i find the transparent one is good for very pale skin).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by BizzyBunny

I like this powder. A Great drugstore find. Its a nice finishing mattifying powder. Dont expect it to hande your face if u are oily. Youll need a matte foundation and this over it to manage it. I have a foundation I like that sets dewey, and this corrects it to a more matte surface. Love it, and a steal at the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Ethana

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this powder has A LITTLE BIT of shimmer in it and the packaging sucks; and my face just get oilier in 2 or maybe even 1 hour. will never ever repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by pinkhearts87

I used too only wear mac studio fix in nw 15 or 20 and i was spending 60$ a month this actually lasts longer and covers better then mac the only 2 problems i don't like the yellow it gives off and if i even go a slight bit over i look like a clown i only can use a little i bought ivory but should try transparent next time but overall better then mac not too heavy cheap the bad it needs a prettier package but i guess that is why it's cheap and also it runs in the heat which sucks but i would def buy this again

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2012 4:42:00 AM More reviews by Lynntech

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It gives a matte finish. But it also makes my oily skin even more oily 5 mins right after I apply it.
Two lippies because it gives you decent amount of product for the money.
Packaging is a lil bulky.
Press powder performances very differently on different people, it just did'nt work for me, but it might work for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

This is a great powder for the money. I've used all kinds of powders from high end to low end.. This does what it is supposed to do. It sets my makeup and keeps my oily skin at bay for quite a few hours. I use creamy beige. NW25 in MAC for reference. This is just as good or even better than the MAC powders I have used. The packaging is horrible but will not make me not use this.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by Kellz052

I got this product in transperant help my foudation stay matte the color is NOT transperant it has a pale color so recommend it for fair skin.But it stand true too matte out skin esp for me in the T zone. I'm going to return it for a colored powder to better suit my skin tone. Also the price is amzing esp for the amount of product that you get!