November 24, 2014 | 1241 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAlleyJunkie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't understand all the hype about this powder. It's not that great. It has a strong fragrance to it almost like a mix of floral and baby powder. If you want a really good powder try the Loreal True Match super blendable powder. This powder was decent but not that great. I guess if your on a super tight budget this powder is an ok option.

I would also like to include that this powder's packaging is terrible. The lid falls off so easily. It also doesn't come with a mirror or sponge which makes it hard for on the go application. Sigh.....

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by scarlettdesmarais

I love this powder!!! I use it everyday to set my foundation. I get the coloured ones so that I get a little bit of extra coverage but I've heard the translucent is good as well. It gives me a nice matte finish and then I usually spray with UD All Nighter which gives my skin a little moisture back so I don't look so powdery. Great powder and great price! The packaging is a little cheap looking but who cares at this price!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 1:33:00 PM More reviews by aabilez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First off, I don't think that stay matte is a very good name for this powder because I can't imagine it controls oil very well. Maybe it does but I am not oily so I cannot attest to that. Anyway I have dry skin and this is one of the only powders that does cake up on me and accentuate my dryness. I can pack it on and it still looks natural. I can use to set my TM or use it by itself.

The packaging sucks but fortunately this powder can be used with old school refillable powder compacts which I love!!!!! You can get them on ebay. Make sure you get one that has a pan of 67 mm or 2 3/4 inches.

The price is dirt cheap and I honestly find this comparable to MAC MSFN on my skin. I use creamy natural for my NC 15ish is skin and it is perfect. This may be my HG pressed powder. I haven't found anything quite as good yet.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by reaverpetermycroftstephen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm going to try something else before I get this again, but I'll probably like this best! :) I just didn't like how it's a powder, so when putting it on, it got a little messy. And I had to do a few touch ups. But ignoring that, it's great! And it never broke me out :) Perfect price too! It's a great coverage for the few blemishes I get on my chin, and helped minimized the look of my pores. And it matched my skin tone perfectly! Will buy again =D

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2013 4:08:00 AM More reviews by hellokatieeeeee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my first drug store powder and ever since buying this I began buying more and more products at the drugstore! I love this powder. This has replaced my Mac blot powder. It seriosuly does the same job but at a $4 price tag. It promises to keep you matte for 5 hours and it definitely delivers! Try it out, it won't hurt your wallet and you might just find a new love!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by erinkaulback

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I found this powder worked just the same as any other powder I've used that was NOT meant for oil control. I normally don't have oily skin so I don't really need to worry about mattifying powder anyways, but this actually made me super oily :(

Pros:
Comes with lots of product, it's bigger than any other powder I've used
Sets makeup nicely
Doesn't look cakey

Cons:
I found it made me more oily than usual
The smell is incredibly strong, like flowery perfume or something
The lid falls off sometimes

Overall I gave it a 3 because while it doesn't control oil, it is a good regular powder and it's a really good size for your money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2013 5:43:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference: nc27-30, warm yellow undertones, oily

I used to hate this powder!! I thought it made my skin super oily but I now realized it was because of the foundation I was using back then. I love this powder as much as I love my maybelline dream matte powder, which is my HG matte pressed powder. I picked this up in the shade "sandstorm". After applying my foundation, I apply this powder using my elf studio powder brush or my posh powder brush. This powder leaves my skin matte throughout the day without having to blot/touch up often. I don't mind the scent; it has a rosy/floral/baby powder scent?? I Frickin hate the packaging. The twist up lid is dumb and it would've been nice if there was a mirror to make touch ups on the go easier. Def would repurchase!

Update (1/28/14): still loving this product!! They finally have new packaging. The lid actually snaps down now and keeps it locked. Also, surface of the powder has the rimmel crown logo. Love it! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Renee2461

I have semi oily skin, so I wanted to get a powder that could make me matte all day. So I bought it, thinking it would be great. It was a very good powder, but about after three days of using it. I had little red bumps ALL over my face, they hurt and were very noticable. I knew it was the powder instantly. I stopped using it and the bumps went away the next day. I tried it again to see if it was a one time thing, but no, those painful bumps showed up again. So this is a good powder and all, but just not when im allergic to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by MakeupNerd13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my favourite powder of all time out of both drugstore and high end. It's amazing for the price that it is and to be honest I would pay more for it! The packaging could be better but considering the price I don't think you can complain... It keeps my face matte all day long with one quick top up and I have pretty oily skin but it doesn't leave you looking dusty or white, unless of course you cake yourself then I'm sure you will love this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by MaiRN

I have a super oily t-zone and it can get worse throughout the day. This product keeps my t-zone nice and matte and is also a good product for touch ups throughout the day. My advice? DO NOT OVERDO IT!! It can definitely make you look cakey and can even wash out your blush or bronzer. I'm very fair and bought this in the translucent color and found that small dabs are enough. The packaging is horrible though but I put a rubber band around it when I travel because the top of the compact is so loose!