January 28, 2015 | 1919 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by erinbrittannyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Favorite drugstore powder. Great for touching up. Delivers sheer coverage and doesn't last all day, but does last awhile and it's best for touching up. Plus the price is ridiculously cheap.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Sroupas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hate this stuff. Don't be fooled by the name. I thought this stuff would save me in times of need- but it just made my face look like baby powder exploded all over me. It was awful- I was cakey and my face looked dried out- yet I was shiny..... The packaging is crap too. Don't waste ur money.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by ktmacup

Product is very cakey. Makes make oily skin look dry crackly and made my face break out like crazy. Great price but waste of money. Would not buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This powder is just okay. I have bought a few times in the past, but I do notthink I will repurchase, because I recently found a different pressed powder that I like a lot better.

First, I think this powder is very affordable. It is under $4 at Walmart.
My skin is annoying sensitive, and this powder does not irritate it or make me itch, which for me is huge.

Now for the negatives
First, I think it is really hard to find the right color. I have a medium complexion. The first time I purchased this powder I bought it in transparent, because I assumed that meant it would be colorless. But that is NOT the case with this powder. The transparent is NOT invisible. In fact, it was very noticeable and made me look like a ghost. The next time I purchased this powder, I bought a couple shades darker. But it still was too light and noticeable on my skin. It is pretty frustrating.

Another thing that bugs me about this powder is that it does not come with an applicator. I mean, I know powder applicator puffs are relatively inexpensive. But most other brands of powder include an applicator. I don't understand at all why Rimmel makes you purchase it separately.

This powder doesn't last very long at all. It claims to last 5 hours, but not for me. I would say it lasts an average of 2-3 hours at best. It also does not seem to do much to control shine. It is also easy to apply too much. If you do, it looks very cakey and not natural. I will not repurchase.

EDIT: 6/28/13
I have since started using loose powder and like that much better. It looks much more natural and truly is transparent.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Maybitters

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Aghh shimmer!! Why would they put shimmer in a stay matte powder!!! I have one of the coloured ones and was loving it, it really does keep my extra oily face matte, but I have a serious hate of anything shimmery/glittery as I am outside a lot and when I see others with sparkles all over them I think it looks ridiculous, my personal opinion obv. But if you are indoors all day then it works a treat, would recommend if you don't mind the little sparkles, and I imagine this product would last an age, making it extremely cost effective. The translucent shade is also riddled with shimmer, bummer

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by huka07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I like this powder, so far this is the best one I've ever had and I intend to keep using this. The most important thing is it does not break out my skin. Yes, it mattes on my face but since I have oily skin eventually my skin gets oily. It's not the powder ..it's my skin :)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by semiiraxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product does keep you matte, yes; but, when I put it on it makes me look really flakey and dry. My nose begins to looks scaley, like snake skin or something and I DO NOT have a dry nose. It makes me look really cakey and I really just am not a fan. It's a bummer that I bought it even though its cheap.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Aishteru85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't understand what's all the hype about... This is mediocre at best. Sure it is perhaps less powdery compared to other powders, provides extremely sheer coverage,using this as a setting powder still did not keep me mattified the whole day... I was perhaps matte for 3 hours tops and I started to get oily. Did not control my oilies... Do bear in mind I have oily skin and I live close to the equator line...so this may perhaps help those with little oil issues, have dry or normal skin to begin with...anyone with oily skin should skip this.... I am nc35, and I have this in warm golden? Still a tad lighter for me... But since its so sheer it's hardly noticeable...

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2013 8:48:00 AM More reviews by compliments

This powder is OK. Not more, not less ;) it does what a powder does: mattify. You know, every powder (with no added shimmer) will mattify your and absorb oil. This does not work wonders and you will have to reapply if you are very oily. Thats ok for me. But reapply with a light hand, otherwise it will get cakey. I like it because it's available in the shade transparent so it doesn't add any color, it doesn't clog my pores nor it will break me out and it smells nice ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by jealouspony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely ADORE this powder! I've tried soo many mattifying powders for my super oily t-zone and nothing has been good enough! I've mostly been looking at high-end brands, since I thought they would have better products - but nothing. Then I decided to try Rimmel, and just.. WOW! It stays put ALL day! I don't have to touch up at all, just slightly blot a little if it's been particularly hot that day. It's amazing and I'm so glad I found such a great product for an even better price!

I'm pretty dry in other parts of my face and the powder doesn't look cakey there adn doesn't settle into lines och flakiness. Amazing!