Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Absolutely love it because it stays on almost all day, and it doesn't make my face look cakey! I do wish it came with a brush or something though haha

on 6/30/2013 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I had high hopes for this powder, but it just doesn't work for me. I usually have very dry skin, but for some reason this summer I have been getting pretty oily. So I bought this stuff based on good reviews, and I just can't get it to work. I've been using it for 2-3 weeks, and have tried it with both a puff and a fluffy powder brush. What I find is when I apply it with enough to get rid of shine and look matte, as the name describes, it looks terribly cakey and powdery. Though when I use it lightly so it won't cake I look shiny all day. I won't repurchase this or even use the rest (luckily it's cheap enough I can without feeling guilty). I'm glad this works well for others, but this isn't for me unfortunately. I'll have to keep searching for a great mattifying powder.

on 6/30/2013 2:15:00 PM

Second time ive repurchased it. Keeps me matte all day and doesnt cling to dry patches. Obly thing i hate is the packaging. Cant put it in my bag as the cover will fall off.

on 6/29/2013 7:14:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I wasent overly impressed with this pressed powder, at first I thought it was good but after a few days I realised why my foundation felt so caked on, and I was getting more spots, it was because of this. Since I stopped using this my foundation feels fresh and breathable and my spots have disappeared. I won't be repurchasing

on 6/25/2013 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Have the first ingredients always been talc and mica? I used to use this on a daily basis with no problem, but I just bought a new compact and it broke me out like crazy. Horrible, painful, deep cystic acne. Really disappointed, I used to love this stuff :(

Good, but not as epic as people claim. I bought this powder a few years ago as my Very First Makeup Product at age fourteen. I had never heard of it or read any reviews, I just knew my skin was oily and I needed a powder, so I picked this one up because it was cheap.

The mattifying effect is strong, but since I have combo skin it isn't particularly flattering to my dry patches. It keeps my t-zone matte for maybe four hours.

I honestly think some people just bought this product because they'd heard the hype from someone else because its just like every other powder ive used thats claimed to mattify the skin, it simply didn't work. I found it cakey over my foundation and after two hours my skin was tacky and oily again, ive applied this product sometimes three times during the day and i don't think its special at all.I was expecting this product to be a lot better with all the hype, won't be buying again.

on 6/23/2013 7:37:00 PM

I have oil, acne prone skin - and I love this powder. A light layer of this and I don't find myself using an oil sheet for 3 or 4 hours

Packaging is awful and you really can't take it with you, if you drop it from a foot or two above it will all crumble - but I just keep mine at home so I have no problem with it

If you want a pigmented powder, this isn't for you - but it IS a fantastic matte finishing powder to help keep your foundation in place

on 6/21/2013 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

While I would love to invest in meteorites, this is in my price range. I'm all for price and three to four hour blot time, also transparent is also pretty much that. Even if it does contain coconut oil, I haven't noticed my usual rashes and redness worsening as I'm allergic. The container is bad but for the price, put a hair tie around it, problem solved. At least its not wasteful bulky packaging with a cruddy brush or floppy sponge! Be warned about how you apply it. It works best in downward sweeping motions with a very soft, fluffy brush. I tried to pat it in with the elf powder brush and it was cake up city. Less is definitely more. Most probably won't buy again as there are so many other lovelies to try, and I'm not the most loyal lover. :-)

on 6/21/2013 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Duration- I have been using this powder for 3 months.

Price- Super cheap at the drugstore!

Packaging- It's a little on the cheap side. The lid can pop off if thrown into a bag.

Shade- I am in #11 creamy natural. Perfect!

Coverage- Light.

Finish- Matte all the way. It can look a bit cakey if too much is applied.

Oil control- It keeps my skin oil free for hours!

Other- It doesn't break me out.

Conclusion- This is a nice option, but there are powders that are less cakey and provide more coverage.

Video Reviews & Tutorials