Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 6/5/2013 12:56:00 AM

I've repurchased this many times, so I guess that means I really like it! It doesn't leave me cakey, even though it is matte and I am dry. I like to dab a kabuki brush in it and tap it around my face after foundation / bb cream. It seems to work better than all other DS powders I've tried. I like this and Coty Airspun a lot.

on 6/4/2013 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

PROS:
*the price was very decent, cost me only 4 bucks at Walmart.
*DID NOT cause me to break out which some matte powders tend to do to me.
*DID control my oil in my t-zone.

CONS:
*contains Talc, which is being known to not be one of the best ingredients for the skin. Can be irritating and cause acne.
*looks ashy and cakey on me
*horrible color selection, the most colors I've seen at any store in my area was 4 and I ended up just having to pick one that was a bit too light for me and just warmed it up with bronzer.
*I wish there was mirror in the compact to do touchups throughout the day. Also it just has a plastic top that tends to come off in my makeup bag a lot. Not very secure.
*Most of the colors I have found have most pink undertones, I am yellow so you can imagine how awkward that can look.

Pretty good setting powder , just apply with a light hand and after foundation is fully set so it doesnt cake up !

on 5/30/2013 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my all time favorite setting powder. I've used it for over a year a I rarely use any product consistently. It keeps my skin matte and helps my makeup last longer. Be careful not to use too much or you will look cakey!! I hate the packaging but it's so cheap I don't care. I have combo skin so not sure if this would work the same for oily people but it works great for me. I have already repurchased!

on 5/30/2013 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is an "okay" product. It's not horrible but not something to write home about either. I bought it after seeing it was highly recommended in the youtube beauty community. It didn't do anything great for my oily skin and it has a tendency to look cakey if you don't apply it lightly enough. I've found that Covergirl Advanced Radiance Powder works a lot better for my oily skin as it doesn't slide as much as this does. But if you are on a tight budget or need something in a jiffy - I'd go with this!

on 5/29/2013 8:40:00 PM

I am on my second pan, and I can't get enough of it! Super affordable, and I like it better than Make up Forever's pressed powder. The only thing I'd recommend when purchasing this product, jump up a shade, so you won't be washed out. Also, you don't need a ton for matte skin. :)

I have been using this powder for about 8 years and must have gone through so many! I have tried other more expensive brands but have always come back to this eventually. Just stops shine really well and is easy to carry around for touch ups throughout the day. Will never stop repurchasing.

on 5/27/2013 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has become my HG powder. I have tried many in hopes that they would help control the shine on my face and most have failed. I first heard about Rimmel Stay Matte while watching a beauty guru on youtube and she explained why she loved this powder, so I decided that I had to try! I was happy to see that it was very inexpensive, just in case I didn't like it I would at least know that I didn't waste a lot of money!

I'm glad I tried it. I LOVE it. The powder gives me a matte/silky finish that doesn't look cakey. My skin looks smooth, and the product has a mildly pleasant smell. And it really does control the shine on my face. Before this product, my face would be a greasy mess within a couple of hours after applying my face makeup. Now I don't have to touch up as much. The only complaint I have is that I hate the packaging. It would be nice if it was an actual compact with a mirror instead of the translucent twist-on lid. The lid comes off a little too easily, but other than that I think this is an excellent product at an amazing price.

on 5/27/2013 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Pros: cheap, colour matches my skin, biggest plus is that it is long lasting and does provide a matte finish.

Cons: does not come with a mirror or sponge/brush etc, the packaging does not close properly, feels heavy on my skin, can look cakey

I might buy it again but I will try to look for something better. If I could I would give this 3.5/5

EDIT: I noticed more breakouts... could be the powder but I'm not sure.

on 5/26/2013 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have a love/hate relationship with this product. I'm not your typical oily skin reviewer. I am your VERY oily skin reviewer. I have tried a lot of powders hoping to find "the one" that will magically last from morning to night with no touch ups. Never gonna happen...I know. So I read lots of reviews about this powder, seen many youtubers who "love" this powder and I have to say, it's not bad but definitely not "the one". I was really afraid it was going to make me breakout, but I have yet to see an increase in breakouts other than my normal, monthly hormonal breakouts. My matte-ness lasts for about a good 3, maybe 4 hours if I'm not out under the California sun. But after that my nose has its normal oil slicked appearance as well as my forehead and chin. I REFUSE to touch up powder in the middle of the day, worried that packing on more powder will be the one thing that will lead to those extra breakouts. Overall I do like this product. It's not the miracle I was looking for but it'll do for now. It's something that I know my skin reacts well too, as far as sensitivity and irritation goes, so it's more than likely that I will repurchase :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials