Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 8/30/2013 11:39:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

At first, I somewhat like it it but the longer I used it, the more I disliked it. This is not supposed to give a coverage by any means but it looks so cakey on me and I don't even have dry skin!

It doesn't completely mattify my face and the packaging annoys me to no ends. There is no proper way to secure the product so it's a pain to travel with. The product itself isn't bad but I just prefer other powders that doesn't emphasize the imperfections on my skin.

on 8/30/2013 6:41:00 PM

I first started with this product when I first got in to make up. My first one was 002 Pink Blossom which was good as it kept me shine free but it was super natural, the only problem was the packaging, it had a brown base with a cheap plastic lid that seemed a millimetre bigger than the base so as a result it was not very transport friendly. Now as I'm getting older and heading towards adulthood I have changed my colour and started using 004 Sandstorm which I now use on its own (like before) or on top of matte foundation. Its been repackaged too, so if you think this new branding is bad you should have experienced the old school packaging! I'll apply my foundation at about 8:00, go over to top with Sandstorm to blend and smooth any uneven coverage. Then at about 14:00 I'll have to blot the tip of my nose as it gets shiny (no colour transfers to the tissue) and then I'm good to go until I get home!
There is usually a 2 for 5 offer going on at Boots for Rimmel products, this is a makeup bag staple of mine and I think it is well worth its low price. I would recommend blotting your shine areas before applying to get the maximum out of the coverage.

on 8/27/2013 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This rating is actually a 3 to 3.5, not completely a 3. I purchased this last week because of reviewers here and on YouTube recommending it. It is very inexpensive and I wanted to give it a shot. I have oily skin and had ran out of powder a while back. So when I applied this powder (in the translucent shade) over my foundation, I immediately noticed the difference. My face looked matte and flawless. I was so in love with how fresh and clean my skin looked and how velvety soft the appearance of it was. I then put my makeup away and headed out for the day. Looking in the mirror every now and then, I noticed that my makeup started to look a bit dewy after about the 2 hour mark. Hmm, a bit disappointing. I didn't bring it with me because the top seems to pop off very easily so transporting it in a purse or bag might end up in a mess. So, in order to keep your face matte, you will have to reapply this powder at least a few times throughout the day. My skin isn't SUPER oily but it seemed that it was too oily for this powder to last more than a couple hours. You'll probably have to find a compact to store this in to carry with you because, like I said, the top pops off easily.
I really do love the initial look of perfection this gives my skin. I think I'd be happy if it were to last just a couple hours longer so that I'd only have to touch up 2 or 3 times a day instead of the 4 or 5 times this seems to require. I would purchase again because it is cheap, but I will look for a longer lasting powder in the meantime.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This powder makes even my dry skin look like a cake! I don't even wanna know what it would look like on oily skin! Does not help mattify, instead it just builds up on your face. If you are looking for a good drugstore powder, pick up l'oreal true match....not this!

I bought this powder after hearing so meny good reviews, I have a dry T-zone,and oily every were else, also forehead acne, it's a amazing powder on its own but I found It sat in fine lines and caked abit, but overall amazing powder

I don't know why this product has such a hype around it. I have oily skin and this didnt make me stay matte for more than 5 minutes.

on 8/24/2013 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this powder! I'm on my fourth so far. I have very oily skin and this stuff keeps me matte for hours. The price is great, get mine for $6 at shoppers. The only downside is the packaging, the plastic is very thin so they crack easily. 2 of my powders have shattered. I wear "sandstorm".

on 8/23/2013 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This powder works really great for me. I'm 15 and my face (actually just my nose) gets really oily. This stuff manages really well to control the excess oil and gives my face a matte finish.

The only thing that bothers me is the packaging. Its lid seems to fall off really easily; I hope they'll fix that.
The powder comes in a lot of shades, so it's not hard to find the one that fits you the best. I'm in the shade Pink Blossom. Another thing I love about it is that it doesn't make my face look cakey at all, everything looks very natural. It is also very cheap, really affordable!
So if you're looking for a good powder at a low price, this is definitley for you. Hope this hepled ;)

on 8/20/2013 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I like this pressed powder. It has a smooth texture unlike many drug store powders and an all day matte finish. My only complaint is that wish it were in a mirrored compact because the container sometimes opens easily in my purse. It would also be nice if a puff or sponge were included.

on 8/20/2013 12:32:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this powder for the second time now and I really like this powder. I heard some beautyguru's on youtube talk about it so I thought : I have to try this powder out. The price is okay but the packaging is not very good. It opens very easily in your bag. But the powder keeps me matte for 5 to 6 hours in the winter and 3 to 4 hours in the summer. I have oily skin so that's pretty good.

Video Reviews & Tutorials