November 23, 2014 | 1934 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Superbalanced Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2008 12:53:00 PM More reviews by jhoggan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I was in Sephora this past weekend and decided to try something new. I got this in Cream Chamois and it is the perfect match to my skin color. I usually use Almost Makeup in Neutral, but I wanted something with a little more coverage. This fit the bill. I have normal combination skin, but tend to get oily through the t-zone by the end of the day. I used an little Translucent loose powder to set and was extremely pleased with the results. My boyfriend loved that I didn't get makeup all over his shirt we he hugged me (HUGE PLUS).

Definitely worth a try, for $19.50 its way less than other brands and works very well. ( I gave it 4 lippies because I've only had it a few days. I will update it my opinion changes.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2008 1:52:00 AM More reviews by spooky2b

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It feels very light, but covers very well.Not too oily, but just a light dewy finish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2008 2:09:00 PM More reviews by b3l0vEd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG foundation and has been so for the last 5 years. I used to use this a lot when I was 15 - 17 because I had some acne on my forehead and chin and this covered up the red spots perfectly without looking cakey, and without causing further breakouts on my skin. After my skin cleared up, I started using tinted moisturizers, but would still use this when I went out at night or when I wanted more coverage. I have clear skin right now thanks to my bcp, and this foundation gives me a sheer to medium coverage, which is exactly what I'm looking for. This foundation gives me a natural finish, which is not too matte or too dewy. I'm NC30 for reference with slight yellow undertones, and I use superbalanced in Cream. Its fragrance free and doesn't clog pores, and It doesn't turn orange throughout the day or make me oily, but maybe that's because I set it with powder. It does, however, rubs off and melts off when I've been sweating a lot. But if I wear a primer underneath, it will stay on. The price is quite reasonable for such a great product, compared with other HE brands, this is one of the cheapest out there. Plus this is supposedly good for your skin because its developed by dermatologists. I've already repurchased twice, and will continue to do so.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2008 12:10:00 PM More reviews by eunsunan

i really like this product. i have severe combination skin and it really does "balance" the needs of the dry parts and the oilier parts well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2008 8:46:00 PM More reviews by mariets1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation in creme chamois is my HG, it makes my skin look flawless and lasts all day. I always get complments when I use it....

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2008 10:39:00 PM More reviews by jennasings

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Since this product was supposedly designed for combination skin, I really wanted this to be a HG. The color matched very well, and my face looked flawless...for about three hours, before it came off, even when I wore it with primer and a powder on top. Also, you definitely need a concealer with this foundation. The packaging is also somewhat disappointing, because the hole is very small, and the square packaging makes it difficult to see how much is left. I don't dislike it so much that I would return it, and I am content to use it up, but I won't buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2008 10:46:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a medium coverage, natural finish foundation for my combination, somewhat sensitive skin when I found this wonderful liquid. I found a near perfect match in Breeze, which was surprising since my cool fair skin is hard to match. While it claims to control oily areas and moisturize dry areas, I agree with Paula Begoun when she says this is absolutely impossible. It does, however, wear well on both oily and dry areas, and keep shine off the face. Set with a light dusting of powder, this foundation wears beautifully all day. And while I love the feel of the square glass bottle, the hole makes dispensing a tiny bit difficult.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2008 7:08:00 AM More reviews by gnaffchic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Let it be known that I am a foundaton hater in general - I only had a sample of this so if you love foundation & wear it regularly, don;t read my review, but if you're looking to try a first one, read on.
It felt really greasy when I first put it on, despite claiming to absorb oil, which I was a bit shocked at. It also had a weird chemical smell-Im hoping that was a bad batch or something, it was a little like alcohol & was bad enough to make my nose run.
It took about 15 minutes to set into my skin. I don;t know much about foundation but that seemed ridiculous for me. I needed to set it with powder because it sat shiny on my normally un-shiny normal skin, but I do that with everything.
I wore it for about an hour. It rubs off insanely easy & I felt liek I was wearing a mask.

It did have good points. It covered marks really well & was very blendable. But There has got to be better out ther - I honestly like L'Oreal True Match's texture over this.

I don't wear foundation but I do know how to apply it & how much to apply, so I didn't just slop it on.

Wouldn;t reccommend I'm afraid.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2008 1:18:00 PM More reviews by griffial

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite foundation. I have combination skin, with some parts prone to dryness (flakes) and others prone to blackheads and mild zits, and this foundation really does even everything up. It feels light and comfortable on my face, and provides the perfect amount of coverage for me -- it provides coverage and evens my skin tone without looking like I'm wearing makeup. Alabaster is my shade.

I bought it about a year ago at the recommendation of a Clinique counter person, and use foundation so rarely that I still have half a bottle left. I'll probably buy this again when it's used up, though. It's the best foundation I've used. I will say that I haven't tried many foundations, and haven't had much trouble with foundation products, so maybe I'm an easier-to-please customer than average. But I can say that it definitely evens up my combination skin, while providing just the right amount of coverage and comfort for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2008 3:45:00 PM More reviews by PaintedBlue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So far, it's one of the least offensive foundations I've found...which says a lot.
It seems to give me a smoother appearance and doesn't feel like a bunch of goo on me. I apply it with a dampened cosmetic sponge.
*SIGH* When, oh when, will I find the perfect foundation?