October 20, 2014 | 973 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Superbalanced Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2008 8:46:00 PM More reviews by mariets1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation in creme chamois is my HG, it makes my skin look flawless and lasts all day. I always get complments when I use it....

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2008 10:39:00 PM More reviews by jennasings

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Since this product was supposedly designed for combination skin, I really wanted this to be a HG. The color matched very well, and my face looked flawless...for about three hours, before it came off, even when I wore it with primer and a powder on top. Also, you definitely need a concealer with this foundation. The packaging is also somewhat disappointing, because the hole is very small, and the square packaging makes it difficult to see how much is left. I don't dislike it so much that I would return it, and I am content to use it up, but I won't buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2008 10:46:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a medium coverage, natural finish foundation for my combination, somewhat sensitive skin when I found this wonderful liquid. I found a near perfect match in Breeze, which was surprising since my cool fair skin is hard to match. While it claims to control oily areas and moisturize dry areas, I agree with Paula Begoun when she says this is absolutely impossible. It does, however, wear well on both oily and dry areas, and keep shine off the face. Set with a light dusting of powder, this foundation wears beautifully all day. And while I love the feel of the square glass bottle, the hole makes dispensing a tiny bit difficult.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2008 7:08:00 AM More reviews by gnaffchic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Let it be known that I am a foundaton hater in general - I only had a sample of this so if you love foundation & wear it regularly, don;t read my review, but if you're looking to try a first one, read on.
It felt really greasy when I first put it on, despite claiming to absorb oil, which I was a bit shocked at. It also had a weird chemical smell-Im hoping that was a bad batch or something, it was a little like alcohol & was bad enough to make my nose run.
It took about 15 minutes to set into my skin. I don;t know much about foundation but that seemed ridiculous for me. I needed to set it with powder because it sat shiny on my normally un-shiny normal skin, but I do that with everything.
I wore it for about an hour. It rubs off insanely easy & I felt liek I was wearing a mask.

It did have good points. It covered marks really well & was very blendable. But There has got to be better out ther - I honestly like L'Oreal True Match's texture over this.

I don't wear foundation but I do know how to apply it & how much to apply, so I didn't just slop it on.

Wouldn;t reccommend I'm afraid.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2008 1:18:00 PM More reviews by griffial

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite foundation. I have combination skin, with some parts prone to dryness (flakes) and others prone to blackheads and mild zits, and this foundation really does even everything up. It feels light and comfortable on my face, and provides the perfect amount of coverage for me -- it provides coverage and evens my skin tone without looking like I'm wearing makeup. Alabaster is my shade.

I bought it about a year ago at the recommendation of a Clinique counter person, and use foundation so rarely that I still have half a bottle left. I'll probably buy this again when it's used up, though. It's the best foundation I've used. I will say that I haven't tried many foundations, and haven't had much trouble with foundation products, so maybe I'm an easier-to-please customer than average. But I can say that it definitely evens up my combination skin, while providing just the right amount of coverage and comfort for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2008 3:45:00 PM More reviews by PaintedBlue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So far, it's one of the least offensive foundations I've found...which says a lot.
It seems to give me a smoother appearance and doesn't feel like a bunch of goo on me. I apply it with a dampened cosmetic sponge.
*SIGH* When, oh when, will I find the perfect foundation?

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2008 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Apple0985

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This isn't my favorite Clinique foundation, but it does offer some great benefits. Having somewhat dry cheeks but a minor amount of oil in my T-zone this foundation offers my skin the moisture it needs and keeps it balanced (hence the name) where I need it to be. I have a lot of redness and the coverage provided by this foundation seems to help cover and conceal the redness. I've never had any bad reaction to this foundation, and I have even recieved compliments when I have worn it. It goes on evenly with a foundation brush and stays on for the duration of the day. It comes in a glass bottle and when you think you are getting low get a refill before you end up like me scraping the inside of the bottle wiht a Q-tip.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2008 2:52:00 AM More reviews by modestgoddess

Although this was a step up from my normal drugstore foundation, I wasn't really happy with it for these reasons:
1. in certain lighting it appeared orange-ish and unnatural
2. the coverage wasn't that spectacular
3. the claim of hydration and oil absorption wasn't actually true, I have combination skin, and my oily t-zone was still oily, while the dry parts of my face stayed flaky
4. the bottle tended to give either too much makeup (a waste) or too little (and then I would shake it and end up with too much)
5. it tended to streak unless applied with a foundation brush, and then it still looked slightly unnatural
6. sometimes it looked cakey (especially for the dry parts of my face)

However, I have to say that the clinique saleslady was very nice and it looked good in the store, but after using it for 5 months I have to say I will be looking for a new foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2008 1:22:00 AM More reviews by sauvyanna

I'm completely displeased with all Clinique products I've ever tried(exept for few lip sticks). This was no exception. It does not cover! And the concealer is rubbish, whipes off within minutes. This stuff made my acne look purple, evened out my skin tone SLIGHTLY, but made my face look pink(my skin is incredibly pale), with an obvious caked-on make up look. Good thing most of it's refundable..if you're willing to fight for it that is.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2008 5:26:00 PM More reviews by krsmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

At first I thought this might be okay for my oily skin, after all the bottle reads "absorbs oil where oil-control is needed; moisturizes where hydration is needed. Slips onto skin easily." I found that it did nothing to control my oil and didn't work to hydrate a dry area around my nose. It provides light to medium coverage. It didn't cause me to break out, even after sleeping with it on once (usually I would have awakened to an oily, pimply mess). It is not long lasting and I found that it went on well if I used my MAC 187 brush but I think it looks just slightly orangey. Packaging is poor as I seem to get too much or not enough out. Will not purchase again.