Clinique Superbalanced Foundation

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone, Isotetracosane, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Tocopheryl Acetate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Coconut Acid, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Lecithin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Polyethylene, Alumina, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides Updated: 7/5/2013 New formulation

on 6/13/2008 2:55:00 PM

I wanted to love this product. It looks really great when i put it on at first, really natural...gives moderate coverage and has a slightly dewy sheen to it which i really liked. But after an hour or so ever WITH powder the dewy sheen turned to oil,...and unfortunetly got much oilier as the day drew on. This is a really nice foundation if you have normal skin...if you have oily skin i wouldnt reccommend this.My skin isnt even that oily...so i took a lippie off because of the oil.

on 6/4/2008 1:31:00 PM

So I have been around to every single makeup brand -Lancome, Yves St Laurent, Estee Lauder, Nars, Smashbox, Bobbi Brown, MAC, & Revlon, and the list goes on...most recently I have been using MAC studio fix, in which the coverage is great but lately it seems too cakey and I'm pretty sure it has been causing my awful breakouts...so I wanted more of a light coverage with a natural finish. I received a sample of this and tried it for the first time. I LOVE how it goes on, so smooth and a bit dewy, and makes my skin look luminous. I have really oily spots in some places, and very dry spots in others, and my skin feels completely balanced and perfect..I just need some getting used to the light coverage. I do have some marks that I cover with concealer, but I am hoping this will stop my breakouts and then I can just be happy with the natural look..this stuff will be great for the summer time!

I keep coming back to this. I've tried Maybelline Pure Makeup - which sunk in to my pores and did not cover well at all, I've used Clinique Superfit - a little too dry for my skin and perhaps not enough coverage, Revlon Colourstay which clogged up in my pores and wouldn't blend (mind you, that was a while ago and I didn't really know how to use it!) and it seems that Superbalanced fits most of the criteria for me. Although sometimes I feel it doesn't have enough coverage, it is buildable, and I've learnt to warm up the foundation on my hand before applying - it's made a huge difference, so now it doesnt cake up around my mouth and nose. The bottle is a little annoying because you get a lot of foundation rushing out, but I'm fine with that because I like the foundation too much! It gives a really nice dewy finish for me and seems to stay on quite well. I think I was using Alabaster and went to Petal, but I think it's a little too pink for me when I put it on. It does seem to settle in to my skin and become the right colour, but that's after an hour or so. I'm trying to use it up so I can go back and find the best colour.

on 5/18/2008 9:19:00 AM

This is my "when all else fails" foundation that like the reviewers below me, I always seem to come back to after straying. I have been using this product for years and I would probably not use anything else if it weren't for the fact that the color is a teeny bit off, although it's still blendable enough to pull off. Another thing that is great about this foundation is that it doesn't break me out and it really does do a great job at keeping my combination skin "balanced".
I recently switched to Bobbi Brown's Moisture Rich Foundation in Beige which was the perfect color and consistency for me, however I have started to get a bunch of bumps all over my chin and forehead so I am on a break now to see if that might have been the culprit. Thank goodness I have good ol' superbalance to come back to :)
Once again, if it weren't for the fact that the color was a tiny bit off this would be HG status for me. I highly recommend this to any person with combo skin.

on 5/16/2008 2:59:00 PM

Like the reviewer below I also strayed in search of something new only to end up back where I started. I can't say enough good things about this foundation and I can't believe I wasted so much money on other products that do not compare. I've tried every foundation and TM out there. Since taking a break from this lovely foundation I have landed myself at the derm's office because of breakouts and discoloring caused by the breakouts from all the products I've tried. I've also developed melasma and let me tell you I'm now on the path to skin recovery. With my derms help and sticking to one foundation that doesn't break me out and covers my melasma that I'm in the process of fading like a dream I'm here to tell you this stuff is my little miracle in a bottle and I will never stray again!

on 5/13/2008 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am using this foundation during the warmer months and I really enjoy it. It produces the right amount of coverage without looking cakey and it doesn't try out my already dry skin. I used this foundation several years back when I had oily skin and it worked great then too...which tells me it truly is "superbalanced."

on 5/11/2008 9:58:00 PM

After 5 years of intense flirting with all sorts of other brands and formulas, from Armani to Senna to MAC and everything in between, to a gazillion brands of mineral makeup, I have come full circle back to SuperBalanced in Breeze.
I can't believe I ever left - this really IS the best foundation in the world, just enough coverage, perfect color, perfect moisture level. Its the "my skin but better" thing everyone talks about that eluded me for 5 years since I gave my last bottle away. I am thrilled to have rediscovered this amazing stuff, even though the packaging sucks (what up with that teeny opening and the difficulty in dispensing, huh?). My super sensitive skin never has flakies, allergic eczema outbreaks or any other disaster when I use Superbalanced, its never too dry or too oily, its just right.
So I ask myself, why did I ever stray? And what to do with all the other foundations I bought in the last 5 years, hmmm?

on 5/6/2008 10:33:00 PM

Good price, which is why I tried it out. But that's about the end of what I liked about this product.

The container is awful. I had a hard time every morning getting the foundation out of the bottle without pouring it all over my foundation brush. I just don't have time in the morning to wait patiently while the liquid takes its time to trickle out of the tiny top opening.

The coverage is not enough for me. I have pink cheeks, and I ended up having to conceal my entire face before applying this foundation. Talk about a hassle.

Would not buy again.

on 5/6/2008 12:51:00 AM

I don't like the packaging at all. It's bulky and the glass means the first time I drop it it will probably break. I end up using what's in the cap when I open the bottle and having to wipe around the top all the time and wasting product. I think this is a sheer to medium cover foundation, and Ivory is a pretty good match for my slightly yellow toned skin - maybe a bit muddy though. I also tried Fair but it was a bit pink, I guess ideally I would mix the two but I can't be bothered. Can streak if not applied well and disappears quickly if worn without powder. I use it mainly for evening and set it with a little loose powder and find it's a nice finish, not too dewy but not too matte either and helps the staying power. It doesn't photograph well (for some reason it makes me look blotchy in photos...maybe it's slipping around on my face?). Covers the redness on my cheeks when set with powder. This is the first department store foundation I've ever bought and I still use this despite having tried many other ones since. I would recommend this for people who have decent skin already and mainly want to even out skin tone, I don't see this covering major acne or scarring or discolorations.

on 5/5/2008 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So I was in Sephora this past weekend and decided to try something new. I got this in Cream Chamois and it is the perfect match to my skin color. I usually use Almost Makeup in Neutral, but I wanted something with a little more coverage. This fit the bill. I have normal combination skin, but tend to get oily through the t-zone by the end of the day. I used an little Translucent loose powder to set and was extremely pleased with the results. My boyfriend loved that I didn't get makeup all over his shirt we he hugged me (HUGE PLUS).

Definitely worth a try, for $19.50 its way less than other brands and works very well. ( I gave it 4 lippies because I've only had it a few days. I will update it my opinion changes.