August 20, 2014 | 1608 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Superbalanced Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2008 3:45:00 PM More reviews by PaintedBlue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So far, it's one of the least offensive foundations I've found...which says a lot.
It seems to give me a smoother appearance and doesn't feel like a bunch of goo on me. I apply it with a dampened cosmetic sponge.
*SIGH* When, oh when, will I find the perfect foundation?

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2008 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Apple0985

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This isn't my favorite Clinique foundation, but it does offer some great benefits. Having somewhat dry cheeks but a minor amount of oil in my T-zone this foundation offers my skin the moisture it needs and keeps it balanced (hence the name) where I need it to be. I have a lot of redness and the coverage provided by this foundation seems to help cover and conceal the redness. I've never had any bad reaction to this foundation, and I have even recieved compliments when I have worn it. It goes on evenly with a foundation brush and stays on for the duration of the day. It comes in a glass bottle and when you think you are getting low get a refill before you end up like me scraping the inside of the bottle wiht a Q-tip.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2008 2:52:00 AM More reviews by modestgoddess

Although this was a step up from my normal drugstore foundation, I wasn't really happy with it for these reasons:
1. in certain lighting it appeared orange-ish and unnatural
2. the coverage wasn't that spectacular
3. the claim of hydration and oil absorption wasn't actually true, I have combination skin, and my oily t-zone was still oily, while the dry parts of my face stayed flaky
4. the bottle tended to give either too much makeup (a waste) or too little (and then I would shake it and end up with too much)
5. it tended to streak unless applied with a foundation brush, and then it still looked slightly unnatural
6. sometimes it looked cakey (especially for the dry parts of my face)

However, I have to say that the clinique saleslady was very nice and it looked good in the store, but after using it for 5 months I have to say I will be looking for a new foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2008 1:22:00 AM More reviews by sauvyanna

I'm completely displeased with all Clinique products I've ever tried(exept for few lip sticks). This was no exception. It does not cover! And the concealer is rubbish, whipes off within minutes. This stuff made my acne look purple, evened out my skin tone SLIGHTLY, but made my face look pink(my skin is incredibly pale), with an obvious caked-on make up look. Good thing most of it's refundable..if you're willing to fight for it that is.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2008 5:26:00 PM More reviews by krsmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

At first I thought this might be okay for my oily skin, after all the bottle reads "absorbs oil where oil-control is needed; moisturizes where hydration is needed. Slips onto skin easily." I found that it did nothing to control my oil and didn't work to hydrate a dry area around my nose. It provides light to medium coverage. It didn't cause me to break out, even after sleeping with it on once (usually I would have awakened to an oily, pimply mess). It is not long lasting and I found that it went on well if I used my MAC 187 brush but I think it looks just slightly orangey. Packaging is poor as I seem to get too much or not enough out. Will not purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2008 8:01:00 PM More reviews by glossbabe

I have been using this product for several years. I still love it. I did just have to buy some Clinique concealer since my pregnancy is doing all kinds of strange things to my skin but before that, the foundation covered acne scars, etc. to the point where I was actually repeatidly complemented on my skin!!! One lady even told me I had beautiful skin when actually I have terrible skin!!! I love the way this foundation feels on - like I have nothing on at all! I also love how easy it is to apply. Wonderful product that I will continue to use!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2008 3:48:00 AM More reviews by nogenrewriter

I really wanted to like this because it was so cheap. Only $35 for both this and concealer! It looked great in the store and I was so pleased with it. However, I put it on before work the next day and when I went into the bathroom...I was bright orange. I literally took paper towels and rubbed SO much of it off. The texture was nice and I liked the coverage, but until my face is pigmented like an actual orange, I will be looking elsewhere...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2008 3:48:00 PM More reviews by cazs

ive been using this product for about three years now. superbalanced is designed for a combination type skin and is oil free. its meant to dry out ur oily bits and moisturise ur dry bits or something along those lines. It comes in a glass bottle with screw top and u just pour it out. Its not that practical or hygenic i suppose because u have to pour back any that u havent used from ur hands into the bottle and then to get to the stuff at the bottom u have to use a cotton bud to scoop it out, bit messy really. the coverage is quite good. it does have a wide range of colours in this line, clinique is quite well known for this. However, i find them to be a bit too pink based, which means they can come out a bit orangey especially if ur not tanned. Sadly im not, im very pale and i use the Alabaster shade, the lightest in the range, which is still slightly 2 dark for me. (for any1 esle u has the same prob, max factor miracle has a new 1- miracle touch, cream ivory which is even paler, but more on that in that section...). Dont use the clinique website as a guide to colours, because its very misleading, the alabaster is the 3rd on the list when in reality its the palest shade, and the sample colours they show you dont match up to their true colour. for example, on the website light28 look paler than alabaster27, but its way darker, I know, Ive had both. (it can help to mix in a little moisturiser with it to pale it out but obviouly this thins out the coverage) So my advice go check the colours out in the store. U can use it on its own, but i think the stayin power is improved when u dust a bit of powder over it. I use their translucent powder with a big brush just to set it. All in all, not a bad foundation, and quite highly rated in beauty tests from mags etc ive read.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2008 3:22:00 PM More reviews by honey123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this before Christmas as my Dermalogica treatment foundation was nearly out and anyways it was too dark for my winter skin colour (in no 1!!) and not nearly enough coverage for my getting worse Rosacea'd up skin.

I think £17.50 is reasonable for a good foundation. The packaging - jeez - I hate non pump/tube receptacles as too easy to get too much out and then when you are near the end impossible to get the last of it.

I was given Alabaster no 27, but have since found from their website there are two lighter ones!! This is a tad too dark for me. I need to layer it one to cover the redness in my cheeks, chin and forehead.

The goodnews though is it lasts all day. I went for a 3 hour walk in the rain over the weekend and it got through it no problem no touchups throughout the day and I needed no powder which for my Jekyl and Hyde skin is very good.

This does not settle in my pores like others have in the past. It does not irritate my VERY sensitive skin. I always had the preconeived idea that Clinique would be too harsh for me and it put me off using any of their products until now, I just got the antiredness solutions cleanser and the two different moisturisers they have passed my ingredients check and I have patch tested and are ok, reviews to follow when I have used them more.

I apply with a foundation brush (Prescriptives from 5 years ago!) as the SA said sponge would just take too much of the product.

I would buy again but in a lighter shade and i think for better coverage of redness i will need a conealer which i was hoping to do without.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2008 8:50:00 PM More reviews by pinkerfly42

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very fair, sensitive skin and I received a Macy's giftcard and decided to get some foundation. I was using BE but because of my dry patches from the winter, it wasn't covering anything very well. I bought this foundation because Clinique doesn't bother my skin but I was very disappointed in this. The coverage was pretty good even though it did not last all day. After about a week or so, I noticed that my skin did not feel the same. It became bumpy and my skin is usually very very soft. It felt like my skin changed, I don't know, so I did the process of elimination and discovered that this foundation was the problem. A shame because the coverage was good but I guess it has something weird in it. Anyway I'm gonna try to return it so I can use my giftcard on something that works.