Clinique Superbalanced Foundation

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone, Isotetracosane, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Tocopheryl Acetate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Coconut Acid, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Lecithin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Polyethylene, Alumina, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides Updated: 7/5/2013 New formulation

I bought this at the Clinique counter where the salesperson matched me. I was "petal". the consistency is very thin. I find that it has a tendency to turn orange after a while and doesn't look natural. It's not horrible but definitely nothing special.

on 7/15/2008 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have this foundation in17 Amber. I think it looks great on darker skin with red undertones. The coverage is great and it goes on very natural looking. The only thing it is missing is SPF. Other than that, it would be just right!

on 7/12/2008 10:27:00 AM

I found this foundation to be really messy and hard to apply. Even though the liquid is thin I felt that my skin looked cakey in some areas even with blending. I tried applying with fingers, foundation brush and sponge and could not get a good result with any of these. I also felt that the colour had too much of a yellow base and this did not suit my skin tone. I won't be buying this again.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought this foundation after hearing great feedback from friends and co workers. This foundation does provide excellent converage, doesnt have a weird smell and holds up for hours, unfortunately I had an allergic reaction to it that made my eyebrows fall out and my skin peel. Although I had a reaction this is a great product and will work fine for anyone with out sensitive skin.

on 7/9/2008 10:54:00 AM

I bought this in the color Breeze, I am pale and I believe this is the lightest color, the lady at the counter told me this would be the best for my skin which is oily, shows pores in the tzone and dry sometimes too. I love it, it really smoothes on and gives me a natural look, covers any redness and blemishes I have, I love the smell, color, product over all is great!

on 6/30/2008 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this make up because I liked the texture of it. I hate foundations that are too thick because it looks cakey. It seemed so thin so I thought that it wouldn't do this. Well I tried it and it made my skin look cakey even when you use a little. I didn't like it that much, I don't think it's worth the money.

on 6/21/2008 7:25:00 PM

I am not a foundation person. I don't like the feeling of anything on my skin, and this one sinks right in and feels amazing..like there is nothing there at all! I also loved that I got a good colour match. I often find it difficult to find shades for my pale complexion, but it matches perfectly. It was $25 but I don't mind spending that much on a good foundation.

on 6/13/2008 2:55:00 PM

I wanted to love this product. It looks really great when i put it on at first, really natural...gives moderate coverage and has a slightly dewy sheen to it which i really liked. But after an hour or so ever WITH powder the dewy sheen turned to oil,...and unfortunetly got much oilier as the day drew on. This is a really nice foundation if you have normal skin...if you have oily skin i wouldnt reccommend this.My skin isnt even that oily...so i took a lippie off because of the oil.

on 6/4/2008 1:31:00 PM

So I have been around to every single makeup brand -Lancome, Yves St Laurent, Estee Lauder, Nars, Smashbox, Bobbi Brown, MAC, & Revlon, and the list goes on...most recently I have been using MAC studio fix, in which the coverage is great but lately it seems too cakey and I'm pretty sure it has been causing my awful breakouts...so I wanted more of a light coverage with a natural finish. I received a sample of this and tried it for the first time. I LOVE how it goes on, so smooth and a bit dewy, and makes my skin look luminous. I have really oily spots in some places, and very dry spots in others, and my skin feels completely balanced and perfect..I just need some getting used to the light coverage. I do have some marks that I cover with concealer, but I am hoping this will stop my breakouts and then I can just be happy with the natural look..this stuff will be great for the summer time!

I keep coming back to this. I've tried Maybelline Pure Makeup - which sunk in to my pores and did not cover well at all, I've used Clinique Superfit - a little too dry for my skin and perhaps not enough coverage, Revlon Colourstay which clogged up in my pores and wouldn't blend (mind you, that was a while ago and I didn't really know how to use it!) and it seems that Superbalanced fits most of the criteria for me. Although sometimes I feel it doesn't have enough coverage, it is buildable, and I've learnt to warm up the foundation on my hand before applying - it's made a huge difference, so now it doesnt cake up around my mouth and nose. The bottle is a little annoying because you get a lot of foundation rushing out, but I'm fine with that because I like the foundation too much! It gives a really nice dewy finish for me and seems to stay on quite well. I think I was using Alabaster and went to Petal, but I think it's a little too pink for me when I put it on. It does seem to settle in to my skin and become the right colour, but that's after an hour or so. I'm trying to use it up so I can go back and find the best colour.