January 31, 2015 | 1193 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Superbalanced Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2008 3:57:00 PM More reviews by JMarieA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am using this foundation during the warmer months and I really enjoy it. It produces the right amount of coverage without looking cakey and it doesn't try out my already dry skin. I used this foundation several years back when I had oily skin and it worked great then too...which tells me it truly is "superbalanced."

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2008 9:58:00 PM More reviews by Moyra

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After 5 years of intense flirting with all sorts of other brands and formulas, from Armani to Senna to MAC and everything in between, to a gazillion brands of mineral makeup, I have come full circle back to SuperBalanced in Breeze.
I can't believe I ever left - this really IS the best foundation in the world, just enough coverage, perfect color, perfect moisture level. Its the "my skin but better" thing everyone talks about that eluded me for 5 years since I gave my last bottle away. I am thrilled to have rediscovered this amazing stuff, even though the packaging sucks (what up with that teeny opening and the difficulty in dispensing, huh?). My super sensitive skin never has flakies, allergic eczema outbreaks or any other disaster when I use Superbalanced, its never too dry or too oily, its just right.
So I ask myself, why did I ever stray? And what to do with all the other foundations I bought in the last 5 years, hmmm?

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2008 10:33:00 PM More reviews by kelseypaige

Good price, which is why I tried it out. But that's about the end of what I liked about this product.

The container is awful. I had a hard time every morning getting the foundation out of the bottle without pouring it all over my foundation brush. I just don't have time in the morning to wait patiently while the liquid takes its time to trickle out of the tiny top opening.

The coverage is not enough for me. I have pink cheeks, and I ended up having to conceal my entire face before applying this foundation. Talk about a hassle.

Would not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2008 12:51:00 AM More reviews by minax

I don't like the packaging at all. It's bulky and the glass means the first time I drop it it will probably break. I end up using what's in the cap when I open the bottle and having to wipe around the top all the time and wasting product. I think this is a sheer to medium cover foundation, and Ivory is a pretty good match for my slightly yellow toned skin - maybe a bit muddy though. I also tried Fair but it was a bit pink, I guess ideally I would mix the two but I can't be bothered. Can streak if not applied well and disappears quickly if worn without powder. I use it mainly for evening and set it with a little loose powder and find it's a nice finish, not too dewy but not too matte either and helps the staying power. It doesn't photograph well (for some reason it makes me look blotchy in photos...maybe it's slipping around on my face?). Covers the redness on my cheeks when set with powder. This is the first department store foundation I've ever bought and I still use this despite having tried many other ones since. I would recommend this for people who have decent skin already and mainly want to even out skin tone, I don't see this covering major acne or scarring or discolorations.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2008 12:53:00 PM More reviews by jhoggan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I was in Sephora this past weekend and decided to try something new. I got this in Cream Chamois and it is the perfect match to my skin color. I usually use Almost Makeup in Neutral, but I wanted something with a little more coverage. This fit the bill. I have normal combination skin, but tend to get oily through the t-zone by the end of the day. I used an little Translucent loose powder to set and was extremely pleased with the results. My boyfriend loved that I didn't get makeup all over his shirt we he hugged me (HUGE PLUS).

Definitely worth a try, for $19.50 its way less than other brands and works very well. ( I gave it 4 lippies because I've only had it a few days. I will update it my opinion changes.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2008 1:52:00 AM More reviews by spooky2b

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It feels very light, but covers very well.Not too oily, but just a light dewy finish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2008 2:09:00 PM More reviews by b3l0vEd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG foundation and has been so for the last 5 years. I used to use this a lot when I was 15 - 17 because I had some acne on my forehead and chin and this covered up the red spots perfectly without looking cakey, and without causing further breakouts on my skin. After my skin cleared up, I started using tinted moisturizers, but would still use this when I went out at night or when I wanted more coverage. I have clear skin right now thanks to my bcp, and this foundation gives me a sheer to medium coverage, which is exactly what I'm looking for. This foundation gives me a natural finish, which is not too matte or too dewy. I'm NC30 for reference with slight yellow undertones, and I use superbalanced in Cream. Its fragrance free and doesn't clog pores, and It doesn't turn orange throughout the day or make me oily, but maybe that's because I set it with powder. It does, however, rubs off and melts off when I've been sweating a lot. But if I wear a primer underneath, it will stay on. The price is quite reasonable for such a great product, compared with other HE brands, this is one of the cheapest out there. Plus this is supposedly good for your skin because its developed by dermatologists. I've already repurchased twice, and will continue to do so.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2008 12:10:00 PM More reviews by eunsunan

i really like this product. i have severe combination skin and it really does "balance" the needs of the dry parts and the oilier parts well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2008 8:46:00 PM More reviews by mariets1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation in creme chamois is my HG, it makes my skin look flawless and lasts all day. I always get complments when I use it....

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2008 10:39:00 PM More reviews by jennasings

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Since this product was supposedly designed for combination skin, I really wanted this to be a HG. The color matched very well, and my face looked flawless...for about three hours, before it came off, even when I wore it with primer and a powder on top. Also, you definitely need a concealer with this foundation. The packaging is also somewhat disappointing, because the hole is very small, and the square packaging makes it difficult to see how much is left. I don't dislike it so much that I would return it, and I am content to use it up, but I won't buy this again.