April 17, 2014 | 1916 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Superbalanced Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2008 3:22:00 PM More reviews by honey123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this before Christmas as my Dermalogica treatment foundation was nearly out and anyways it was too dark for my winter skin colour (in no 1!!) and not nearly enough coverage for my getting worse Rosacea'd up skin.

I think £17.50 is reasonable for a good foundation. The packaging - jeez - I hate non pump/tube receptacles as too easy to get too much out and then when you are near the end impossible to get the last of it.

I was given Alabaster no 27, but have since found from their website there are two lighter ones!! This is a tad too dark for me. I need to layer it one to cover the redness in my cheeks, chin and forehead.

The goodnews though is it lasts all day. I went for a 3 hour walk in the rain over the weekend and it got through it no problem no touchups throughout the day and I needed no powder which for my Jekyl and Hyde skin is very good.

This does not settle in my pores like others have in the past. It does not irritate my VERY sensitive skin. I always had the preconeived idea that Clinique would be too harsh for me and it put me off using any of their products until now, I just got the antiredness solutions cleanser and the two different moisturisers they have passed my ingredients check and I have patch tested and are ok, reviews to follow when I have used them more.

I apply with a foundation brush (Prescriptives from 5 years ago!) as the SA said sponge would just take too much of the product.

I would buy again but in a lighter shade and i think for better coverage of redness i will need a conealer which i was hoping to do without.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2008 8:50:00 PM More reviews by pinkerfly42

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very fair, sensitive skin and I received a Macy's giftcard and decided to get some foundation. I was using BE but because of my dry patches from the winter, it wasn't covering anything very well. I bought this foundation because Clinique doesn't bother my skin but I was very disappointed in this. The coverage was pretty good even though it did not last all day. After about a week or so, I noticed that my skin did not feel the same. It became bumpy and my skin is usually very very soft. It felt like my skin changed, I don't know, so I did the process of elimination and discovered that this foundation was the problem. A shame because the coverage was good but I guess it has something weird in it. Anyway I'm gonna try to return it so I can use my giftcard on something that works.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2008 1:00:00 AM More reviews by ChillaFreak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this foundation!! I've noticed fewer breakouts since using this product. It's the only foundation I've tried that doesn't feel like its clogging my pores. I like the color breeze...it matches really well. I also use cliniques pressed powder afterwards. I love this....will definately repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2007 8:42:00 PM More reviews by suey421

I used this product religiously before I started my experiments with Sheer Cover. I loved it in Breeze. Matched my skin tone well and was a good staple for the 5 or so year I had used it daily. It didnt look phony on my face nor did it feel 'thick' on my skin. It lasted me a long time as well which was nice. If you can find a shade that matches your skin tone you will shouldn’t have any complaints about the product.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2007 12:27:00 AM More reviews by KND27

This is good foundation. It lasts forever! One bottle lasts me 3 to 4 months if I apply it properly (warming foundation on back of hand then applying). Coverage is ok, that is one reason why I only gave this product a three. You definitely have to use a concealer with this foundation.
It has decent staying power, it lasts me all day. Though if I am going out for drinks after work or something like that. I will touch up or re-apply.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2007 3:36:00 PM More reviews by itsmekylie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation was not for me! I tried this I returned my Superfit for being too orange. I thought it would be helpful with oil control as it is supposed to balance out oily areas by controlling shine and dry areas by adding moisture. And I was really happy at first, as they had a shade that matched my skin tone perfectly. :) BUT:
1) It didn't cover well, and it sunk into my pores.
2) It didn't control oil in any way, and I looked like I was wearing a slick mask on my face after like an hour! lol
3) It broke me out after two days- the large, deep kind of pimple. :(

I do have very oily skin and my skin is easily irritated. I would not recommend this for anyone with oily or breakout-prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2007 4:57:00 PM More reviews by brandbre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product goes on well and compliments my dry skin. I love the color because it does not leave an ashy look like alot of foundations do on darker skin tones.

The only thing I think this product is missing is sun screen. Then it would be perfect.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2007 7:15:00 AM More reviews by lou4k6

I really wanted to like this foundation, truth is, it was okay, i did kinda like it but it did not control my oil and when it comes to the evening it had totally slipped off, it doesnt wear that good, ( i have combo skin) It was really easy to apply but the colour was way too light for my medium-tan skin, the rep found the colour for me but it wasnt till i started using another foundation that i realised how much this was draining all of the colour out of my face, it looked slightly yellow and very odd on. I dunno perhaps if i had a darker colour i would of liked the finish better. If you have skin that is slightly oily or slightly dry and only wanted a sheer coverage i would probably recommend it but for anyone like me who has normal cheeks/very oily t zone, it doesnt do the job. Will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2007 5:49:00 PM More reviews by lelam7

Made my skin look cakey and my skin felt like it could not breath.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2007 12:46:00 PM More reviews by ashryan41

This is my favourite foundation, with only a few flaws. I love it for it's natural finish and just-right amount of coverage. It's hydrating without being oily, so it definitely lives up to it's name. However, I find the the colours are a bit too pink (Breeze and Alabaster) and thus makes my skin a little off under fluorescent lights. I wouldn't call this my be all and end all foundation, but for now it's as good as I've tried.