April 20, 2014 | 1303 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2008 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Mavilu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have super dry skin that will break up angrily or dry up terribly if disturbed and God knows it doesn't take much for that to happen.
That said, the Dove bar is the only soap I can use on my body and hands, in fact, during the driest months of the year, I would rather go dirty than use anything else, haha!.
It's so good that it is the only thing that will keep my hands from cracking in winter.
But!.
I recently decided to start using it on my face -bad idea-.
My skin felt supple and radiant but it gave me huge white heads and cysts at the rate of three or four A DAY.
I couldn't believe it, but it is the sad truth.
So, in conclusion.
Great for the body and hands but beware if you decide to start using it as a facial cleanser.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2008 5:33:00 PM More reviews by dominicangirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm genuinely suprised by the good reviews. I used this soap to wash my hands with the other day. Oh my...it left my hands feeling so DRY! It was like I'd just dipped my hands in a really strong alcohol and bleach solution =/ If it made my hands feel like that, there's no way I'd use this on my body or - god forbid - my face. The fragrance is really off-putting to my nose aswell, too strong and it doesn't even smell nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2008 4:26:00 PM More reviews by lelynator

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this soap!!

It doesn't leave my skin feeling dry like other soaps do
it actually leaves it soft and feeling amazingly great!!

STRONGLY RECOMMEND TO EVERYBODY!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2008 12:34:00 AM More reviews by amberryshortcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am the proud owner of the world’s worst skin. It's acne prone, super sensitive, covered in crater-like pores, and can go from dripping oil to dry and flaky in a matter of minutes!! (Ok, that last bit was a little bit of an exaggeration, but you get my point.) In hopes of taming the foul beast I have tried everything from Pro Activ to Burt’s Bees. Something’s worked better than others, but I never found the ONE that gave me satisfactory results. Figuring I have tried everything else on planet earth I decided to give Dove's Beauty Bar a try (Due to the rave reviews on MUA ^.^). I am SOOO glad I did. Dove has worked WONDERS on my acne without making my face dry and flaky, it hasn't caused any irritation (Except when I accidently inhaled the suds while soaping up in the shower) and it has left my skin soft and smooth. I use Dove's Beauty Bar as a facial soap and in the shower with a netted sponge. Awesome product and very cost efficient, will continue to buy over and over again!! :-)

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2008 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Alexandra1890

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product from Dove. My skin feels moisturized, clean and fresh. I love putting this bar soap on my skin because it's bubbly and foams a lot. I get every spot and the dirt just washes away. I massage the soap into my skin for at least 30 seconds to see effects. Works great. Probably use this all my life.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2008 2:43:00 PM More reviews by tennis4life

I am a big believer in simple skincare. All the women in my family use minimal products on their faces and have beautiful skin for their ages, and I unfortunately learned the hard way that using too many products on your skin will only harm it, not improve it. Even though it is not recommended to wash your face with bar soap, I find that it is the only thing I can wash my face with that will not break me out or irritate my skin. Whenever I stray from bar soap, out come the breakouts. Althought Cetaphil is my HG of bar soaps, Dove is a close second. It always cleans my face gently and and keeps it clear. I also use it on my entire body and never have dry skin. I personally love the scent and it never irritates me. It is sooo cheap too, and it's always on sale for 99 cents a bar. I don't think that it lasts as long as Cetaphil though, but it is cheaper to replace so I don't think its a big deal and I always use it when I run out of Cetaphil and want to wait until it's on sale. Definitely recommend for healthy skin! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2008 11:20:00 PM More reviews by ANSTAH

I LOVE dove products, and this bar soap is no exception. This is the only bar soap that I have/ probably will ever purchase. The scent is so light, and it doesn't suck the moisture out of your skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2008 9:20:00 AM More reviews by Magixz

Dove has always been my favorite bar soap. It softens and does not leave that tight dry feeling to the skin. Myself, husband and two teenage sons all use this soap for showers and we all love it. If the store is out of this brand, I do buy 'Olay, but it does not last as long due to the melt down of the soap. By melt down, I mean how it gets all gooie just sitting there after a shower. Dove does not do this. I will continue to buy Dove for out bar soap needs.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2008 11:11:00 PM More reviews by C10

My mom has bought this soap for as long as I can remember. I don't think I'll ever buy anything else.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2008 3:24:00 AM More reviews by Courtloux128

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of the ONLY bar soaps that I would use. It's much less drying on skin than other bar soaps and doesn't feel like it leaves as much residue. This is the one I would go for if you're trying to save money by switching to a bar soap instead of body wash.