Dickinson's Witch Hazel

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: Witch Hazel (100% All Natural) (Containing Alcohol 14%) (Astringent)

on 2/27/2010 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this product! It's absolutely fantastic, my favourite toner of all time.

I have quite oily skin, especially on the T-zone of my face. The biggest problem i have about my skin is the blackhead area on my nose (they're not actually blackheads but "black shaded" pores. This happens when the oil in the pores come into contact with air, causing it to turn black). This problem of mine has frustrated me ever since senior high school. I have tried heaps and heaps of cleaners throughout my teen years and none of them has helped - none!

Witch hazel has saved my skin - it literally refines pores making them shrink. After cleaning my face with warm water and of course a cleanser, i apply the witch hazel with a cotton ball. I can say that around 10 minutes after application, the size/colour of the pores become almost invisible. I have being to dermatologist, done facials but none has helped. Recently, i have come to the realisation that only cleaning my skin won't do the job - i have to cleanse and find a way to close the pores so that the pores remain clean. And witch hazel is the product which keeps 'em closed.

Highly recommended! <3

on 2/17/2010 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've picked this up and put it back countless times, in hope that I could get the Thayer's. However my local GNC always seems to be out of stock and I finally just went with Dickinson's since it's available and half the price at the grocery store.

The one thing that I really didn't like was the smell, but I found that if you keep it in the frig it not a problem. As a toner I didn't see the results like I did with LUSH toner tabs, but it does do it's job. So I'm going to switch back a forth between the two since the toner tab (left-overs) has such a short shelf-life and more $ in the long run.

UPDATE: I finally did get the Thayer's witch hazel but started having mini break out. Switched back to this and it cleared it up in a few days.

(01/01/2011) I'm still using this twice a day, I've purchased the Sephora Liquid Dispenser Bottle to put this in and it works out great. Oh I don't have to keep in the frig anymore, because I've become desensitized to the smell.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used to love this, but then the alcohol in it began to really irritate my skin and I had to stop using it. It did help some with acne, but I'm going to try apple cider vinegar instead.

Why couldn't they make an alcohol-free version of this? Jeez.

on 2/9/2010 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I use this everyday morning and night. I actually pour it into baby wipes and then use the baby wipe to apply it to my face. It's quick and easy for me.

on 2/2/2010 4:32:00 PM

I bought a bottle of Dickinson's witch hazel a few weeks ago and waited to post so I could try it out. I was wary of toners because I have had bad experiences with both high and low end. Elizabeth Arden's made me break out, and other drug store brands ravaged my skin. Dickinson's did neither. I cleaned my face with it on a cotton ball after my nightly face washing or shower, using more than one cotton ball if needed. It leaves my skin feeling very refreshed and I will say my complexion has improved greatly. I do need a moisturizer because while it doesn't strip my skin as harsher toners do, it does have the tiniest amount of alcohol. I find that if I always moisturize right after, I have no dryness problems with this. For reference, I have pretty sensitive, oily acne prone skin. The packaging is good, you get an enormous amount for cheap and the hole in the lid is small enough to control the amount of product you want. Overall, I am very pleased with this product and will continue to use as long as it keeps improving my complexion.

on 1/27/2010 9:48:00 PM

I don't even know why I ever bothered wasting money on expensive toners. Ever since starting to use this, my skin is CLEAR. The only breakouts I get are now from TOTM, and this stuff helps clear it up quicker.

on 1/22/2010 9:50:00 PM

I have been using Witch Hazel for about a week now. I wanted to venture off when I noticed I was running out of my Tea Tree toner from The Body Shop. I liked the Tea Tree toner since I noticed it removed most of my left over makeup. One thing I started noticing as I continued to use it was that after I would apply it on it would make my skin tight. I read the reviews about witch hazel and thought I would give it a try since I seen it at Target. I grabbed the bottle and my mom says "there you go again trying new stuff". I really had nothing to loose since the price was very reasonable and that I could use it for other things as well. Came home and removed my make up with a Dove face bar (which I cant find anywhere anymore :( ???) after most of it came off the first thing I did was smell the witch hazel since everyone would say it wasnt the best smell. Yeah they were right. It did remove the left over makeup and cleaned up very nicely without leaving any kind of residue. Left my skin super soft and very calm. Other toners I have tried give me that red face and this one didn't. I will continue using it and hopefully it continues to do what its doing now. I would recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin and that wants something a little more natural without too many ingredients. Eventhough it has 14% alcohol it does not give me that stinging sensation that the tea tree or other toners have left me with. Overall good product.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I'm on my second bottle of this stuff. (The first bottle leaked when I traveled...not an air-tight container, just to warn everyone!)

I saw it at Ralph's originally, and I'm trying to move towards more natural products, so I figured I'd give it a try. It doesn't smell great, but it's tolerable, and the smell goes away quickly.

Sometimes my pores are pretty big in the morning when I wake up, and it definitely makes my pores smaller. It's also good for redness - I'm a bit of a skin-picker (bad, I know) and this stuff helps reduce some of the redness. I have really sensitive skin, and I haven't had a reaction to this, so I think I'll stick with it. I don't know if it helps with acne or blackheads, though. Three lippies because I expect a lot from my products!

on 1/17/2010 10:18:00 PM

I wasn't that impressed with TN Dickinson's Witch Hazel. I heard alot of great things about this product; so I thought, "Oh, why not?" You get alot of product for about $3-4 dollars, which is great. One thing that you must know is that it smells like pee; I know, gross. But it does work great for getting your skin clean. I've heard that it also helps acne; for me, I didn't really see a difference in my acne. But try it out, and see how it works for you. I wish you luck...

on 1/14/2010 12:10:00 PM

HG toner! I use my a generic witch hazel though, but I feel its all the same. I love this stuff. I am acne prone and I feel that this fights any bacteria on my face and treats my acne. Its gentle and soothing and my skin loves it.

Popular Face Skincare Products