Dickinson's Witch Hazel

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: Witch Hazel (100% All Natural) (Containing Alcohol 14%) (Astringent)

BEST toner hands down! DON'T waste your money any longer! I have combo/oily skin and this tones it perfectly. It's not too drying either, although I do recommend using a moisturizer after using it AND anytime after washing the face. We all need moisture, even us oilies. WILL definatley buy again. It's very inexpensive and you get a lot of product too. Thank goodness for drugstore finds like this!

on 12/8/2009 10:17:00 AM

I think I may have used this as a teenager. I decided to give it a try again after being reminded of it from reading reviews on here. I really thought it was going to be harsh, but for the cheap price, I thought "why not?"

I am amazed at the mildness of it. I don't get any stinging from it, and it isn't drying at all. I don't think the smell is horrible, and it disappears quickly. I don't use it daily, but I have never been one to use toner daily. I have used it to clean my face before reapplying makeup if I want to put fresh makeup on to go out for the evening, and it works great for that.

I have sensitive skin that gets dry, flaky and irritated once it gets cold out. This product does not irritate my skin at all.

The bottle is bulky, but I don't expect or need fancy packaging when I am getting this large quantity of product for such a cheap price.

on 12/8/2009 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Before buying this product, I read first about the benefits of witch hazel and constricting pores is one of it. It contains 86% witch hazel and 14% botanical alcohol which makes it 100% natural. I use Dickinson's every morning and evening after using my kojic acid soap. Since kojic makes my face dry, I always make sure to follow up my face with Dickinson's. It definitely locks moisture!!

My skin is now even with smaller pores. I can attest it because I'm prone to blackheads especially in nose area and now, blackheads are almost gone!! Bubble up!

Was walking through walgreens, when this baby caught my eye. I had previously read about this toner, but wasn't able to purchase it. Started using it a few days ago in the mornings and after my showers. The bottle is HUGE, and cheap for that much.

I've noticed my face looks healthier and not as irritated/shiny like a bowling ball from harsh chemicals from my kiehls blue astringent. Also seems like some acne scars have been lightening up as well, and hopefully I'll have a clear face again, even though I've been breaking out since the 5th grade..

Only complaints I have about this are the HORRIBLE smell (made me want to throw up the first time I smelled it) and the bulky bottle (it's a bit awkward squirting it out on to the cotton pad) as other MUA reviews have said. But hey, as long as it helps me get a clear, healthy face .. those are definitely not deal breakers (:

on 11/29/2009 12:26:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

This is a very good toner, regardless of its low price. I don't detect a tequila odor - maybe those reviewers that do should lay off the tequila. ;)

on 11/29/2009 12:17:00 AM

Dirt cheap, GREAT TONER!
absorbs fast, makes me feel refreshed, balances out my skin, just amazing stuff

on 11/25/2009 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

i bought the yellow Dickinson's bottle a little over a year ago at my local Walgreens. My pores get clogged easily..but i dont have acne so i was looking for another alternative from products that have the salicylic acid and benzoate in them. I do have VERY oily skin & flaky skin as well..(yeaa..weird combo?) & thought maybe it was the acne medications that were drying out my skin but producing more oil? Anyways....i just wanted something simple to clean my skin w/ out the harsh medications.. so i bought this. I prob used it 3 times since i bought this last year.... & its been sitting in my bathroom in the back of my cubbord ever since. Well thanks to MUA, i was reading reviews on the witch hazel & thought i would give it another try. I've been using this every day for the past month & its made such a difference in my skin! My face is less red & it helps keep my oil at bay! My face is sooooo soft because of this! This leaves my chin a littttttttle dry, so thats the only spot i have to really moisturize. Other than that... i love this stuff!

I took a lippie off just because it smells like old a** Tequila! So if you're hungover...do not use this! It made me want to gag!! ha! ....other than that..I will stay away from the harsh acne medications & use this!!!! :)

on 11/23/2009 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

The only problem I have with this product is the alcohol. Other than that, this thing is good. It has helped to soothe my skin which gets red easily. And the best of all, dabbing a cotton with the toner and leaving it on my skin for a few minutes can help reduce my new pimple. Everyone should at least try it since it is dirt cheap. Nothing to loose there.

on 11/15/2009 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Despite of what people said about how bad alcohol is to the skin, I just gave it a try. Although it has 14% alcohol in it, it said it's natural alcohol. I don't like the smell very much, but it will disappear after it dries. I use it after cleaning my face everytime, and it's so refreshing! You feel so clean afterwards. It doesn't irritate my skin at all. However, it's a bit dry to my skin and i have to put on moisturizer after and my skin looks nice!

This is the best toner I have ever used. My pores have shrunk and it has diminished a little bit of sun discoloration. That said it smells like sweaty gym socks. The smell is horrid. But I will not stop using it because of that. It works. Get past the smell and you'll be in love!

I recently rediscovered this after a brief hiatus. (forgot I had it) My boss had pointed out to me that it also cuts down on redness and scarring from eczema. Low and behold it does! I've mentioned in another review that I'm allergic to soap. I had broken out with red itchy patches all over and nothing short of a miracle (and LUSH dreamwash) could fix it. This cut down on scarring and made the redness disappear! Still smells like gym socks though. :)

Popular Face Skincare Products