November 26, 2014 | 1383 users online

Skincare - Face - Dickinson's Witch Hazel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2009 12:17:00 AM More reviews by devmar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Dirt cheap, GREAT TONER!
absorbs fast, makes me feel refreshed, balances out my skin, just amazing stuff

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2009 2:04:00 PM More reviews by ashley920

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

i bought the yellow Dickinson's bottle a little over a year ago at my local Walgreens. My pores get clogged easily..but i dont have acne so i was looking for another alternative from products that have the salicylic acid and benzoate in them. I do have VERY oily skin & flaky skin as well..(yeaa..weird combo?) & thought maybe it was the acne medications that were drying out my skin but producing more oil? Anyways....i just wanted something simple to clean my skin w/ out the harsh medications.. so i bought this. I prob used it 3 times since i bought this last year.... & its been sitting in my bathroom in the back of my cubbord ever since. Well thanks to MUA, i was reading reviews on the witch hazel & thought i would give it another try. I've been using this every day for the past month & its made such a difference in my skin! My face is less red & it helps keep my oil at bay! My face is sooooo soft because of this! This leaves my chin a littttttttle dry, so thats the only spot i have to really moisturize. Other than that... i love this stuff!

I took a lippie off just because it smells like old a** Tequila! So if you're hungover...do not use this! It made me want to gag!! ha! ....other than that..I will stay away from the harsh acne medications & use this!!!! :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2009 8:29:00 AM More reviews by scryllis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The only problem I have with this product is the alcohol. Other than that, this thing is good. It has helped to soothe my skin which gets red easily. And the best of all, dabbing a cotton with the toner and leaving it on my skin for a few minutes can help reduce my new pimple. Everyone should at least try it since it is dirt cheap. Nothing to loose there.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2009 7:59:00 PM More reviews by SensitiveCC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Despite of what people said about how bad alcohol is to the skin, I just gave it a try. Although it has 14% alcohol in it, it said it's natural alcohol. I don't like the smell very much, but it will disappear after it dries. I use it after cleaning my face everytime, and it's so refreshing! You feel so clean afterwards. It doesn't irritate my skin at all. However, it's a bit dry to my skin and i have to put on moisturizer after and my skin looks nice!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2009 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the best toner I have ever used. My pores have shrunk and it has diminished a little bit of sun discoloration. That said it smells like sweaty gym socks. The smell is horrid. But I will not stop using it because of that. It works. Get past the smell and you'll be in love!

I recently rediscovered this after a brief hiatus. (forgot I had it) My boss had pointed out to me that it also cuts down on redness and scarring from eczema. Low and behold it does! I've mentioned in another review that I'm allergic to soap. I had broken out with red itchy patches all over and nothing short of a miracle (and LUSH dreamwash) could fix it. This cut down on scarring and made the redness disappear! Still smells like gym socks though. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2009 11:17:00 PM More reviews by MandyinNYC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the best toner I've ever used. I bought this after I read an article about the effects of witch hazel and decided to keep it in the house at all times. When I ran out of toner I thought I'd use this for a while to see how it worked. That was two months ago. This cleared my skin up and helped even out my skin tone. My skin hasn't looked this good in years--I even feel OK going out sometimes without any powder or makeup on. I would have never done that before. I'm sure with continued use I won't have to use anything other than a light powder.

Also, you can't beat the price. I'm saving a lot of money by having this giant bottle instead of paying $8+ for an 8 oz. bottle of toner.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2009 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Encie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

i used this about a year ago when i had really bad acne and this seriously helped me so much. It was unbelievable and I was so happy something finally worked for me. I don't have it anymore because my acne's better so I don't need something as strong but i would definitely recommend this to anyone having acne troubles. the downside is that it's a bit pricey but personally, i would pay whatever for something i knew actually worked. and this definitely does.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2009 8:23:00 AM More reviews by nliedel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this to be more natural and not leave my skin so dry my oil production goes through the roof. I used it for a week and was so oily...I checked the ingrediants, something I should have done sooner, there is alcohol in there. No wonder my poor skin was ravaged.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2009 7:53:00 AM More reviews by smoque

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skincare has been evolving slowly from high end department store products to easily bought, inexpensive natural products.
I'm much happier with this product than the Clinique toner I'd been buying for years.
It's not as drying as any of the many-numbered, confusing Clinique toners, and I can buy it anywhere.
I don't get the flaking I used to with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2009 12:05:00 AM More reviews by marmiran23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

oh girls this is THE toner of ALL toners! it's just wonderful, i love everything about it except for the god awful smell but honestly i don't even notice it anymore. this does what a toner is SUPPOSED to do: bring the skin back to it's natural PH level after cleansing. but what's best is that it also removes left over makeup and really SOOTHES any type of irritation. i've also noticed that since using it, my acne is GONE. i don't know if i've FINALLY grown out of my acne (i'm 27, it's about time) or if its this product. it's cheap, so there is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't go buy it! so go get it girlfriends! you will LOVE it, i promise.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No