Dickinson's Witch Hazel

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: Witch Hazel (100% All Natural) (Containing Alcohol 14%) (Astringent)

on 1/5/2010 1:29:00 PM

I don't get what is so great about this. I don't notice a reduction in blackheads or my pore size. It isn't drying which is good, but honestly I don't see a purpose for it in my skin care regime

on 1/1/2010 9:49:00 PM

Witch hazel is dirt cheap, but it works fantastic. I've been using it for months after washing my face as a toner, and it has cleared my skin and shrunk my pores, I couldn't be happier with this product.

on 12/27/2009 10:06:00 AM

I have mixed feelings about witch hazel. On one hand, it is a very effective cheap toner. On the other hand, the smell really does put me off and I find it too stripping.
I think the key is to find some that is alcohol free or find a toner that has witch hazel as one of it's key ingredients. By itself, it takes too much of my natural oils on my face, and that only furthers the cycle of over productive oil secretion. I do however, like the price and the many uses it has, as well as how easily it can be obtained.

This is an okay product, but I feel that it would be a little drying to my combination skin. Also, it is not the best smelling product in the world. The bottle was HUGE and only wished that it came in a smaller package so I could have just tried it.

on 12/23/2009 9:44:00 PM

LOVE THIS! my sis and I have been using this for years. Gets off all of the makeup and oil left behind after washing my face. Feels cool and refreshing but doesnt sting (my issue with other toners). I do need to moisturize after using it.
This product has helped my face stay clear and I love how cheap it is to get a huge bottle (generic brands have worked just as good for me)

on 12/14/2009 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This toner is awesome! Cheap, effective, and huge! At first the smell really puts me off, but after a couple application, I'm used to it. With the help of cotton ball, it wipes off cleanser residue, dirt, and impurities all at once. Even though it contains alcohol, it doesn't dry out my skin. Now my skin is healthy and radiant thanks to the toner.

on 12/14/2009 6:15:00 PM

Very gentle toner/astringent for sensitive acne-prone skin. I always go back to this. I have tried Proactive toner, Clinique, Clean and Clear for Sensitive skin ( which irritated my skin and caused hives).
This doesn't sting.

on 12/13/2009 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I have been using witch hazel since Jr. highschool when I began to have pimple break outs. It alwayz did a great job for oil control. I think it is the best astringent toner around. Great for cuts, burns, bee stings as well. I like to put mines in a lil mist bottle. I spray it on my face or on a cotton pad to make sure I have removed all dirt and make up after washing my face and to close my pores . Its all natural and low in cost ... Great stuff !!!

on 12/9/2009 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I just started using this last night to heal up some breakout dryness and underlying pimples. My face is already smoother today. I love this stuff and only see things getting better as I use it more.

I soaked a cotton ball and rubbed it on my freshly washed face. It removed excess dirt. My face tingled a tiny bit and felt very cool after a minute. Once it dried, the smell and tingles were gone.

I have to say that the smell is absolutely disgusting. My husband hates it. So, I try to use it while he's at the other end of the house busy with something. Fotunately, after five minutes, the smell is gone.

I had a hard time finding this at my Target and almost left without it. I found it at the bottom shelf in the pharmacy department. So, don't give up if you don't find it in the face care section.

Just as a caution, my dog went a little crazy when I first put this stuff on. She wanted to get near my face. She has never acted like this before. So, keep this far away from your pets.

UPDATE (8/5/10): My husband and I went hiking in a very grassy park recently and got bitten by a bunch of chiggers. We had nasty looking welts all over our legs. After researching the bus, I found that the welts would last for a minimum of two weeks. If you'd seen my legs you would have known that was horrible news to me. My legs looked like they were covered in nasty rashes. I decided to try witch hazel on them and they disappeared completely within two days. My husband refused to use witchhazel at first because of the smell. When he saw my success, he tried it and received the same results. Great stuff!

BEST toner hands down! DON'T waste your money any longer! I have combo/oily skin and this tones it perfectly. It's not too drying either, although I do recommend using a moisturizer after using it AND anytime after washing the face. We all need moisture, even us oilies. WILL definatley buy again. It's very inexpensive and you get a lot of product too. Thank goodness for drugstore finds like this!

Popular Face Skincare Products