Dickinson's Witch Hazel

4.3

Active Ingredients: Witch Hazel (100% All Natural) (Containing Alcohol 14%) (Astringent)

Great toner! I use a little on a cotton ball and swipe over my face after washing. It gets any dirt off that my cleanser didn't grab and leaves my face feeling very fresh (without that tight, dry feeling from overstripping toners) I don't think it smells that bad, but it's not wonderful. Who cares anyway this stuff is wonderful. Reduces redness, smoothes skin, and clears blemishes. I swear without MUA I'd still be wasting money on bulls**t skin products! Thanks ladies!! OH, and witch hazel in combo with alcohol and aspirin equals the end of ingrown hairs/inflammation after waxing/shaving <3 Just look up "homemade tend skin recipe" on here.

Eyes: Violet

Before going on to what I want to say; I have to credit this stuff SO MUCH, it reduces skin redness, helps out with my pimples, irradicates dirt.. it's all around amazing. Unfortunately however - It STINKS! it is absolutely vile, I really can't stand it, so I'm definately going to have to find something to mask the smell because it's too good to miss out on. Will update once i've found some way to do that and have started using it on a regular basis. So far so good though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I cannot believe the results from this product. I constantly have breakouts on my chin and around my mouth..nowhere else really, and I also have plenty of red marks left over from previous breakouts and HUGE pores in those areas. I have been using this twice daily after washing my face and my skin is cleared up, I do not have any active blemishes in those areas, or anywhere! my red spots have even lightened up but that could also be that i started using the polysporin because of all the good reviews of it. This is definately a staple for my acneprone skin.

This stuff is the best it's natural and gentle. I have acne prone skin and use it to gently clean tone my face after washing with my face wash. It always gets off all the extra dirt that is left behind.

Great for shrinking pores, and getting off any last trace of oil or makeup that is left after cleansing. Leaves you with a slightly tight feeling but not overly dry. I love this stuff. I hate the smell, but the fact that it sucks up oil and shrinks pores makes it well worth it.

I love love love this stuff!! It takes off the stuff I missed during cleansing, it helps get rid of new pimples, calms down my redness,ITS NATURAL! and its really affordable! Which is always a plus. :) I got mine at Walgreens. And it was around 4 or 5 dollars.
I have acne prone skin and this stuff has helped me keep my acne at bay and helped kill (die pimples!) my old spots. But the only bad thing is that is smells like butt. Yeah, you read that right, like booty. Its a small price to pay for an amazing toner. Try it and you will love it! (^_^)

Ok, as a toner for the face, I find this product to be too harsh. I have oily/acne-prone skin and I HAD thought that this toner should be good for my skin. First time I put it on, it stripped my skin so much that my skin actually over-compensated by producing even more oil! I literally could feel the oil building up on my face. Anyway, subsequent uses appeared to improve, when my skin adjusted.

And then, bam, more break-outs. Upon closer inspection of my face, I realised that what the witch hazel did was it dried out the outer layers of my skin, which gave the appearance that my skin is improving (acne seemed to have dried out), but really, the acne is still active in the inner layers. So, all in all, I just don't like this for my face. Maybe if I use this just every alternate day, it'll be better, but I've had enough of it.

Now, you may be wondering why I have it 4 lippies anyway. It's because although this product is crap for my face, it is GREAT for everywhere else on the body. I especially love this as an after-epilation treatment. I'm incredibly prone to in-grown hairs and enlarged, inflammed pores on the legs because of the epilation. However, the witch hazel has done wonders to calm the skin down and drastically reduce the incidence of in-grown hairs.

So yes, it may not have worked for my face, but it works pretty damn well for my body. So 4 lippies for this!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Nice toner, natural, and cheap! I use this each night after cleansing to remove any extra traces of makeup, dead skin cells etc. It's a nice part of my cleansing routine. It does the job without irritating my skin- no stinging, no stripping the moisture. It does smell kinda nasty but once it's applied I don't notice it. No crazy skin side effects which is a good enough reason to keep using it. I will keep buying this, but it will be awhile before I run out!

I'm never without this product which I use as a toner before moisturizing and makeup every day. I wash my face at night and only use the toner in the morning. Sometimes I have added different essential oils to the product for fragrance and for various skincare elements that the oils provided-- but sometimes I have used the product straight. I've been using this product about 5-6 years now-- maybe longer. I'll never be without it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I should have reviewed this a long time ago, but, after discovering this on this website. I am a daily user ever since. I like that it is a natural, but very effective toner. In my experience, most natural products lack an active ingredient that makes an obvious difference, so they seem less effective. Example, salicylic acid, which is included in most alcohol based toners to exfoliate skin. This product in all its natural glory, is a wonderful astringent and face refresher that erases all residue or oiliness without using alcohol (or only about 14% alcohol)! It makes your skin feel clean yet normal with a slightly tightened feeling without the dryness. It seems to really prepare your skin for any moisturizer or treatment that you apply. Permanent beauty staple for me.

Popular Face Skincare Products