July 28, 2014 | 1152 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by EmmaKateB

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i absolutely LOVE this product. VERy moisturizing, tinted nicely. The coverage is light but that pretty good considering it doesn't feel like you are wearing anything more than a moisturizer. i will DEFINITELY be repurchasing when i run out!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Clo0107

Horrible for oily skin even with a primer underneath, and it hardly gave coverage.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just thought I would add a review for this as my mum uses it and loves it. She has a light-medium olive skin tone and the shade 'Medium' is perfect for her and prefers light-medium coverage.

This has the most subtle effect on the skin, the way I would describe it is a 'blurring effect' whilst looking very natural, which is exactly what she likes. For example, I used the Garnier Oil Free BB Cream on her and she felt that was too much coverage. My mum has oily skin and still gets break outs here and there but hasn't broken at all from this.

Personally I would not be able to use the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream as I prefer medium-full coverage because of my hyper pigmentation and acne marks. But for someone who doesn't like the look of makeup but wants to slightly even out their skin this would be perfect!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by shesELECTRIC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Loved how this made my skin look natural and fresh effortlessly but hated that it broke me out EVERY single time I used it. Will be throwing this product out and not using it anymore after it caused a massive breakout on my face.

For reference, I am about an NC42 and the colour Medium Dark was perfect for me.

Other notes: lasts about half day when powdered and 1/4 day without powder.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by mpatterson13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have never abhorred a product more than Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream. My skin is not sensitive in the least and not acne prone anywhere but my forehead, and even there, the acne is minimal. I am serious, I could probably smear lard on my face and roll around in the mud and come away with no increased breakouts. However, this product caused my face to break out in places I have never before had acne, like my cheeks, and I am talking nasty, deep, pimples that take weeks to heal. Also, about three hours after applying this product, my face looked rusty, orange, and oil-drenched. I stupidly used this for several weeks before throwing it in the trash, something I have never before done since I am very cheap and thrifty and hate wasting. Honestly, approach this product with caution.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Izbella22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this BB cream. i have it in medium and i have dry skin and it has light coverage for the "Hot" days......

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by misfitroses

I really like this bb cream. I have dry skin and it looks very nice on me. Even though i look a little bit shiny and i have to set it with powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2013 8:00:00 AM More reviews by peachgrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been wearing this BB cream for probably two months now...it's my go-to foundation as it is light, matches perfectly to my skin and I have also found it to be very buildable on those occasions when I need a little more coverage. Yesterday, I had to work the 138th Annual Preakness. I was up at 4 am putting on my makeup and did not take it off until around 9:30 pm when I finally made it home...and you know what? This BB cream stayed on my face ALL. DAY. I didn't have to do a single touch-up other than reapply lipstick every so often. My skin was seriously flawless the entire day...and some lady in a big floppy hat told me that my makeup was perfect!

Of course, with makeup being on my somewhat dry, sensitive skin for that long, I was worried about possible breakouts. This morning, I woke up...and not a single red speck. I love it! My face looks so clean and fresh.

The only reason I gave this 4 stars was because of the packaging. It can get a bit messy, but the product itself is a 10!!

Now, this BB cream is made for those who have the occasional breakout. It does not cover very well, but that is why I use a bit of powder concealer AFTER I put this stuff on. It seriously works and I have found that the concealer stays on longer this way. But since this stuff doesn't break me out...I don't usually need concealer!

Please, Maybelline...don't ever discontinue this amazing product!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by frankiedarling

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I first bought this product I was sure it was going to be my HG, but I soon discovered that I was wrong.

My skin is fairly nice, can get a bit oily in the t-zone with a spot or two now and then and a bit of uneven color, but I can get away with wearing no foundation. Nevertheless, being a perfectionist (with a self-professed beauty obsession) I wanted to find something that would even out my skin tone, wouldn't clog my pores and wouldn't break the bank.

I turned to Maybelline, a brand trusted by both my mother and I. The bottle wasn't huge (no big commitment, thank gosh), shade was correct (the lightest), had SPF in it, and the price was right ($8CA at Superstore, I believe). I wasn't sure about the whole "8-in-1 BB" claim, as most BB creams on the drugstore market are basically tinted moisturizers with a fancy label, but I digress. I went home, giddy with the idea that I had discovered a gold mine of skin perfection.

After washing my face the next morning, I slapped some on my face. Obviously this is an exaggeration -- you don't need very much at all, maybe a quarter-size amount or less. It blended into my skin flawlessly, and didn't collect in any fine lines or crevices. I put a bit of finishing powder on my t-zone and went off to school (approximately 8:30 AM). At around noon I went to the bathroom to check out my sassy self, and was completely disgusted at my appearance. Anymore oiliness on my face and you could've fried an egg on it. Seriously. My t-zone (which I had thoroughly powdered) was extremely shiny, as well as the rest of my face (cheeks, temples, etc).

Over the course of the week I tried a few different permutations: With, or without moisturizer underneath? More product, or less? Powder? Maybe a different powder? Primer? I tried everything I could think of to no avail, and by the end of the week I had suffered quite a severe breakout on my forehead and cheek, which has never happened before.

Alas, I was incredibly disappointed in this product. I realize that SPF often causes a bit of shine, but this was unbelievably overboard. Maybe this product would be better for someone with very dry skin, but for all you combination/oily ladies out there -- stay away!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2013 6:21:00 AM More reviews by sweets0002

Minimal coverage. Not great for people with combination/oily skin. Leaves a glowy look to the face because of the titanium dioxide sunscreen in it. For normal to dry skin, this would be great. I used Deep Sheer Tint