July 29, 2014 | 2076 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Naahhh...I wanted to like this based on all the youtube hype, but I found it made my oily skin feel like I applied a stick of butter to it. It's true that a little goes a long way- I applied a very small amount and after blending found it felt extremely heavy and I felt almost like my skin was suffocating. I checked the ingredient list, and dimethicone was the FIRST one listed. It's been said that the 'cones form a barrier on top of the skin (like sealing it with plastic wrap) essentially trapping the oil in the skin (which can lead to breakouts, blackheads, etc.) I prefer a foundation that lets my skin "breathe", and allows the oil come to the surface to be absorbed, rather than trapped inside.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Labloah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product has really impressed me with its performance. It gives such a lovely finish to my skin, lasts for hours, and is so easy to apply and work with. Plus it looks amazing, I'm truly wowed by how good it looks.

It's a thick cream formula, which is housed in a heavy based clear glass screw top jar with a black lid. It's consistency is almost like a gel/cream hybrid, it's thick and scoopable, maintains a dip where the product is removed from the jar, but it's not heavy on the skin in the slightest. You really do only need a small amount to begin with, and coverage is truly buildable, ranging from light/medium through to full cover. I usually start by dotting on a small amount and blending out, it has a good amount of slip on the skin and is a dream to blend, so a small amount will cover a decent area consistently and uniformly. The best part is I can build up coverage on areas which may need a little extra, and it doesn't look at all cakey or heavy, it really blends into and on top of itself so seamlessly. There's no rush to blend it, and adding more doesn't upset any product that is underneath it, it just amps up the coverage as needed. I find too the more I work it on the skin, gently buffing it into each area, the nicer and more flawless the coverage and finish is.

In comparison to other long wear foundations, it really does have a great amount of working time on the skin, pretty much like any other regular liquid foundation, so you don't necessarily have to work fast or section by section, you can dot onto the whole face and blend it all at once, then go back and apply more to areas which need it without worrying that it will ruin the finish. Or you can work section by section to discern which areas need more or less coverage if you want to. I usually apply it directly to my face with my fingers, blend out using fingers and adding more where needed, then finish off with a stipple brush to give it a nice airbrushed flawless finish. It has a slightly wetter look and feel during application, but that diminishes soon after once it starts to dry down and set.

The finish on this is so nice on my skin, it's incredibly kind to fine lines, blemishes, pores or other skin inconsistencies, it just glides over and doesn't accentuate them, in fact it almost sort of blurs them somewhat. It leaves a gorgeous glowing satin finish once it has dried down, like glowing healthy skin. Having said that, it's not shiny or shimmery though, just a radiant and flawless semi matte satin. I usually add two or three drops of MAC Lustre Drops to my liquid foundations, but I find I can skip them entirely with this. It's also exceptionally lightweight and doesn't feel tight or cakey or heavy at all. I find I can also skip the setting powder too if I want to, it doesn't really need it and performs just as well without it, however it doesn't look bad if I do want to powder it.

Longevity on this is on par with the Colorstay liquid, however I think the finish is a heck of a lot nicer than the liquid version, even as the day progresses, you still look radiant.

I'm not mad keen on the smell, it's quite strong initially, like a sort of curdled plastic chemical smell, but it dissipates after a short while. The jar packaging allows you to see the product inside, but because of the way the light refracts it's hard to see the remaining level from the outside, plus it's hard to see an accurate representation of the shade from outside the jar. If you're worried about the jar style container and introducing bacteria, a small cosmetic spatula may be worth using to remove the product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by IAMSHERLOCKED

I use this with a wet sponge and it works beautifully! I have flawless skin when I take the time to get it right. I also got a good color match and that's saying something because I'm very pale, which means I'm always the very lightest shade in every range of foundation.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am not a fan of Revlon foundations on my best days. I really wanted to like this new one because of all the YouTube reviews and stuff. First off, I don't care for the packing. Its bulky and all glass. I also dont like this much because it settles in fine lines, even sheered down with fix +. I tried this product with my fingers, a stippling brush and flat top kabuki. I still didn't care for it. It's super flat looking too. sighs. If you have oily skin, this would actually be great. I have Combo dry though!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by jet8848

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Unfortunately, this broke me out. I really liked the coverage, color and finish, though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 5:38:00 AM More reviews by xxtine1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this, it gives me a much softer, dewier, airbrushed look compared to regular colorstay. I will buy again as soon as I've used up the rest of my foundations!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by emiii53

This is currently my foundation that I use every day and I am now on my second tub of it (due to the change in seasons and my skin tone). In the past I had used the original ColorStay liquid foundation, and ended up not being such a huge fan because it broke me out, so I was reluctant to try this one. But because of the good reviews, I decided to take a leap of faith. And I'm glad I did, because this has been my favorite drug store foundation so far. And it does not break me out. Is it my HG? No. But its pretty darn close. The foundation comes in a glass tub which is rather heavy, but thats okay because thats better than feeling cheap. The foundation itself is THICK. Like you can turn this tub upside down and shake it and this stuff will not budge. Its a bit on the expensive side for a drugstore foundation (I think I payed around $13?) but in my opinion, its worth it. I have a lot of red, blotchy, pigmentation on my face, and this foundation covers it completely, no questions asked. The ONLY problem I have with this product, and that I've had with many others, is the fact that it tends to make my already dry and flaky nose look worse. It doesn't feel very moisturizing around my dry areas, but I'll toss that up to the cold winter months. All in all, this foundation sits well on my skin, doesnt break me out, has full coverage, and lasts all day. And thats all great in my book.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by leslieb

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE IT! Looks very natural applied withe the beauty blender. I use a qtip get out about a pea size rub on the lid and dab my sponge in it. I use this over my murad oil control mattifier. No oil break though.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Joliheart26

Really like this foundation. Oddly, I find it doesn't apply well on me when I do use a foundation primer - but it is great when I don't use one. I just make sure to have really clean hands before applying it because I find the open jar concept a little unsanitary, but I'm the only one dipping my fingers in there, and like I said I wash them right before applying.
Applies smoothly to my skin and leaves a natural finish. Love this product, a little torn on the packaging, but I do enjoy it and use it every day.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 3:33:00 AM More reviews by amwatson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Fairly good foundation if used with a primer. Cakey and muddy looking otherwise.