Revlon ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 5/22/2013 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Grrrr, I cannot express how much disappointment the whole Colorstay line from Revlon has brought on me. I bought this because the shades ran pale which is great for my skin and a lot of people were saying how fantabulous this foundation was so I figured I'd give it a go. My biggest problem with this foundation is it never looks flawless. It is always clinging to something whether it be my acne or dry patches. Those are the only places it 'Colorstays'. When I wear this I definitely feel like I have makeup on my face and it transfers everywhere. I gave it 2 stars because of nice shade selection and actually having shades for pale skin but thats about all its good for. No likey!

on 5/17/2013 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Ohhh I wanted to love this so badly. I am NC20 and Sand Beige is ALMOST a perfect match- probably not noticable to someone else so no big deal. I bought this only a few days ago, applied it with a stippling brush and was pleasantly surprised with its blendability. The finish is.,,not dewy, Id say satin, and this is keeping in mind I have dry skin. Staying power (on DRY SKIN ) average- 4 hours before it started to fade.

Now comes the fine print. So I had this on for a few hours and I ran my hand over my face. Imagine my surprise when I felt not one, not two, but THREE "under the skin" pimples forming. (on someone who never gets them). Now to be fair, MAYBE the planets collided and that day was a bad day, but I'm not willing to risk it- especially when all other aspects of it were mediocre. Not bad, but not good. Don't know why I keep looking, Kat Von D lock it is never getting replaced.

on 5/16/2013 8:10:00 AM

This foundation is deffinitely one of the best I have used on my skin! Having combinational skin, I find during the warmer months my skin gets very oily and if Im not wearing a foundation suitable for this it literally melts off my face! I found that compared to other foundations this one suits my skin type by far and lasts the longest during the day. I find it lasts on my skin for a good 6 hours, although I do need to touch up here and there with my stay matte powder.
I like to switch up my foundations from time to time and I've gone from MAC studio fix to estee lauder double wear to many other drug store foundations and I always find myself going back to this one.
It can get a little cakey during the day, but i find for its price its quality is really good. Love love love!

on 5/15/2013 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Holy ish i love this foundation. Looks incredibly natural on my oily, dull complexion. I normally wear Revlon Colorstay in Oily/Combo but just find it too heavy on my face and still leaves my skin weird a weird shine to it. Colorstay whipped is definitely my HG as I can wear it all day (~8 hrs) without worrying about my face melting off. I initially bought true beige, but its a little too dark for me so might switch to natural beige. Also, it didn't break me out, hooray! The only minor complaint is the packaging like many others said. The glass jar looks expensive and nice, but its just too darn heavy. Overall though, go buy this foundation now!!!

The texture of this foundation is AMAZING. I love the texture and feel and even smell of this product! It's medium-full coverage for me. Great color selection. A little pricey for being a drugstore product, however for how well it works, I am willing to pay for it. My favorite to use in the winter because it feels a little too thick and cakey for summer time. But I still love this product!

on 5/14/2013 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I got a CP for this foundation seen as its not sold in Europe. I had high hopes for it I was looking for high coverage and something to last on my oily skin. I wasn't a fan of the original formula i found it very hard to work with, the color selection wasn't great and it looked like a mask when applied. This new whipped formula is so much easier to work with it feels like a mousse to me. And the Shade Buff matches me well , better than the shade buff in the original formula. Unfortunately it doesn't last well at all on my oily skin. I can see oil braking through after just an hour of wearing it. Very disappointed as i couldnt really wear this foundation for long at all as it just wont last on my skin.

on 5/14/2013 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is the best foundation i have ever used. Its one of those products that i MUST have in my makeup collection. I think it has the best staying power out of all my liquid and cream foundations! I have repurchased this twice already. The only thing that i wish they would change is the packaging. Its soo bulky! I actually have a different lighter container that i keep this foundation in so its easier for me to travel with it. Also, make sure to keep this foundation upright when storing it.

on 5/13/2013 4:23:00 PM

Perfect for dry skin...

I suffer with moderate dry skin throughout my nose, cheekbones, brow, and chin. It seemed no matter what moisturizer I tried or foundation routine I used I would always end up with cakey dry skin flakes that ruined my makeup. I had previously tried the liquid Revlon Colorstay and HATED it because it did exactly what all the others had done, left me with cake and flakes. Needless to say I was a bit apprehensive in trying the whipped formula, but I thought "I've tried everything else, might as well give it a go." Immediately I saw a difference. There were no flakes and very little noticeable dry patches on my nose. This product is a godsend and I would recommend to anyone who has troublesome dry skin to just give it a try and see if it makes a difference. At $11 a jar, there is very little risk. I am just so thankful I found this foundation.

on 5/13/2013 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this foundation! It makes my skin smooth, flawless. I was using Revlon Color Stay prior to using this foundation. Revlon Color Stay made my skin breakout so bad - however, with this foundation my skin doesn't breakout at all. I highly recommend trying this product out.

I just bought this product today. I am particular about foundations, but had read a number of reviews. I have been a fan of Lancome foundations for a while ... but I got this in "buff" and it matches my skin tone perfectly. It is definitely thick, and a little goes a long way. With a good brush and technique, you can really achieve a flawless look with this stuff... and I would suggest using less or no powder after that, because it is not glossy and remains creamy and thick. If using a primer, definitely take care to not use much powder with this foundation.

Like others have said, the container is not the most practical or safe. One thing I have found that helps keep it clean and sanitary is to simply dip a q tip in it and dab that on my wrist. Then, I use my brush from there, never dipping it into the container. I would rate this product higher if it were in a more user friendly container.

Cheers!