December 18, 2014 | 1670 users online

Hair Color - Revlon - Colorsilk

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2008 2:21:00 PM More reviews by LexiB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This hair color is great if you want a high lift. I have naturally dark brown hair which I lighten to a medium golden blonde using the "ultra light blonde" dyes from revlon colorsilk. Of course it doesn't leave our hair "healthier"...that's just impossible. But it's not as bad as bleaches or other ultra-lift hair colors you find in stores. When I dyed my hair with this, it was 2 weeks since my last dye job. Some hair fell out, but I didn't go bald or anything...just a normal amount of breakage. However that is expected because I lightened my hair about 3-4 levels, maybe more!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2008 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Marj53

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't know exactly how long I have been using Colorsilk but I love it. I have asthma and the ammonia smell in the other permanent hair colors take my breath away. I've used medium auburn for the longest time, but this summer I decided to go a little lighter and use light auburn. The color is great and the price is the best. Those 2fer offers are great but the stuff is cheap without it.
The red colors fade but alas, they all do, no matter how much you pay for the color or if you get it done in a salon. I asked my stylist about this.
I get a highlighted look, not a flat one color hair, which I like. Grey covers with no problem. As one other person said, the conditioner that comes with is wonderful. I too wish they would sell it separate!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2008 12:52:00 AM More reviews by oedipamass

I bought soft dark brown for my dirty blonde, toned-many-times-over hair. the color is rich and thorough, the conditioning packet is to die for!!! they should sell this conditioner by itself it is so amazing! my hair is soft, silky and i can only hope the color stays this deep for a long time. plus, revlon colorsilk makes a root touch up option which will really come in handy! love it. A+

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2008 7:49:00 AM More reviews by stitcheskisses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For the past 10 years Noone has seen my real hair color and I have used all kinds of hair dye,but for some reason I have never payed attention to Revlon's Colorsilk Color untill I was at K-mart and needed some hair dye.They had 2 for $4!!!I picked the black dye up for my roots and followed the directions once I got home and let me just say that it is the BEST hair dye!!It's amonia free so there is no horrible smell to stink up the bathroom and your hair.It washes out so easily and there is no residue of dye when you go to style it.L'oreal and Nice N Easy always leaves residue behind on my hands,iron and clothes no matter how well I wash the dye out.My hair also feels softer and looks more silky than any other dye I have ever tried and the price is WONDERFUL!!Now if Revlon would just come down on their prices for their makeup!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2008 12:44:00 PM More reviews by shortstopmom

colorsilk in ultra light sun blonde is a lifesaver!!!!! if anyone gets a dull result from other haircolors use this and it will brighten it up perfectly.i once dyed my hair twice in one day with very dull color results and then a third with sun blonde and my blonde was back to normal!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2008 10:02:00 AM More reviews by maure

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Every 3 weeks for the past 10 years I've spend a fortune on salon coloring (Goldwell). The last time I had a root touch up at the salon my stubborn white hairs did not hold the color (light brown) and I ended up initially, with lighter roots and hair that turned red in week 2! Since I have had this problem before and did not have the money, time or energy to go back to the salon, I decided( based on MUA reviews) to try Colorsilk. I mixed a 2-1-1 ratio of the following Colorsilk colors: light brown, ash blond and dark blond w/ an equal amount of developer and with help from my DH--- applied this formula to my roots (only) for 30 minutes. The color came out even from roots to ends my hair feels silky and soft--will defintely use again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2008 11:14:00 PM More reviews by Bhree

These products are wonderful.

I tried this in Burgundy and black. Burgundy, of course, faded very quickly because most reds do, but black lasted FOREVER without fading. I hardly had to worry about it. I am pleasantly surprised this is so cheap and not harsh on the hair, yet the colors hold so well.

If you don't like the smell of the conditioner (which made my hair indeed very silky)....you can remedy that by washing it again the next day. It's not that hard. And the directions tell you plainly to cut the tip off with scissors. They don't put those handy little pieces of paper with words on them in there for nothing, you know.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2008 4:32:00 PM More reviews by LWAngel7

This is probably the best haircolor-and it is 3.99! I used the lighter blonde colors to dye my natural mousy dirty blonde/light brown, and I loved it. I also used the Revlon Frost and Glow Blonde Highlighting kit with it, and I got a lot of compliments. Wanting to go back to my more natural hair color due to nursing school finances (fun), I decided to dye my hair with the Light Ash Brown. Now I have my natural color back, with a little bit of blonde highlights underneath. (It's a cool effect when the sun shines down on my hair!) If you're looking for a little bit of change like I did, I would recommend this product highly because of the cheap price, reliability, and the fact that it is ammonia-free.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2008 1:33:00 PM More reviews by browneyedvixen1

If I am totally broke and need a quick haircolor fix this is a stand by for me. I normally go to the salon for color jobs, but there are times when I can not afford the cost and this haircolor does the job without looking brassy or dry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2008 6:16:00 PM More reviews by adrenirushxaudri

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite haircolor. I haven't used too many other brands of color, but this one does the job perfectly. I've only used the darker shades like the auburns, blacks, and browns, but they've all turned out very true-to-color on my already very dark hair. When I get bored, I go pick up a box of color that's different, it's so inexpensive and very easy to experiment with. The black has probably been my favorite. It was so gorgeous and lasted forever! I seriously couldn't get it out, not to say I tried, but no matter what I did, it didn't fade. I've got the Brown Black (20) now just so I won't have to worry about my lighter roots showing for a while...that's just how long it lasts. I don't need another box until my roots start to show through!

It really does leave my hair in a better condition. I love how bright and shiny my hair is, not to mention the softness. I've never gotten anything less than fantastic results from this cruelty-free product...and for near $3? Unheard of!

My only complaint is the rather useless lunch-lady gloves...I've got my own box of latex free gloves that I use with this, but it's a small price for such great color!