January 29, 2015 | 1937 users online

Hair Color - Revlon - Colorsilk

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2008 1:35:00 PM More reviews by ddh25

I've done basically every hair dye brand out there, and Colorsilk has always been the absolute best for me.

I like trying new things, so I often choose other brands and stuff I've never tried before just to give it a shot, but Colorsilk is always my safe bet. And it's usually my savior when it comes to correcting ugly dye jobs.

The color always comes out the way I want it to, always matching the box, or maybe a bit darker which I don't mind.
And it's sooo cheap, you'd think it would suck. But I would buy this product if it was 8 dollars like the rest of them.

I usually use light ash brown, because I dont like any trace of red to be in my hair. This is the only product that removes all the red tinge in my hair. If you look at the color in your hand its like an olive green color.
My hair always comes out awesome.

I Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2008 10:37:00 AM More reviews by 1makeupaddict

i use medium rich brown...love the color..makes hair so soft and shiny and covers gray which is very important to me. it's so cheap this stuff is the best

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2008 1:03:00 AM More reviews by TheFashionSpaz

I used a dark red shade of this, and although I didn't end up falling in love with the color with my skin tone, it did great things for my hair! So my friend colored my hair in the bath tub, and after I shampoo'd out the dye and was blow drying it, my hair looked SOOO shiny! It looked like a WIG! Afterwards my hair was soft, managable and not to mention totally shiny and healthy-looking. I'm not sure if it was actually good for my hair, but it definetly made it look it. Good stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2008 2:21:00 PM More reviews by LexiB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This hair color is great if you want a high lift. I have naturally dark brown hair which I lighten to a medium golden blonde using the "ultra light blonde" dyes from revlon colorsilk. Of course it doesn't leave our hair "healthier"...that's just impossible. But it's not as bad as bleaches or other ultra-lift hair colors you find in stores. When I dyed my hair with this, it was 2 weeks since my last dye job. Some hair fell out, but I didn't go bald or anything...just a normal amount of breakage. However that is expected because I lightened my hair about 3-4 levels, maybe more!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2008 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Marj53

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't know exactly how long I have been using Colorsilk but I love it. I have asthma and the ammonia smell in the other permanent hair colors take my breath away. I've used medium auburn for the longest time, but this summer I decided to go a little lighter and use light auburn. The color is great and the price is the best. Those 2fer offers are great but the stuff is cheap without it.
The red colors fade but alas, they all do, no matter how much you pay for the color or if you get it done in a salon. I asked my stylist about this.
I get a highlighted look, not a flat one color hair, which I like. Grey covers with no problem. As one other person said, the conditioner that comes with is wonderful. I too wish they would sell it separate!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2008 12:52:00 AM More reviews by oedipamass

I bought soft dark brown for my dirty blonde, toned-many-times-over hair. the color is rich and thorough, the conditioning packet is to die for!!! they should sell this conditioner by itself it is so amazing! my hair is soft, silky and i can only hope the color stays this deep for a long time. plus, revlon colorsilk makes a root touch up option which will really come in handy! love it. A+

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2008 7:49:00 AM More reviews by stitcheskisses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For the past 10 years Noone has seen my real hair color and I have used all kinds of hair dye,but for some reason I have never payed attention to Revlon's Colorsilk Color untill I was at K-mart and needed some hair dye.They had 2 for $4!!!I picked the black dye up for my roots and followed the directions once I got home and let me just say that it is the BEST hair dye!!It's amonia free so there is no horrible smell to stink up the bathroom and your hair.It washes out so easily and there is no residue of dye when you go to style it.L'oreal and Nice N Easy always leaves residue behind on my hands,iron and clothes no matter how well I wash the dye out.My hair also feels softer and looks more silky than any other dye I have ever tried and the price is WONDERFUL!!Now if Revlon would just come down on their prices for their makeup!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2008 12:44:00 PM More reviews by shortstopmom

colorsilk in ultra light sun blonde is a lifesaver!!!!! if anyone gets a dull result from other haircolors use this and it will brighten it up perfectly.i once dyed my hair twice in one day with very dull color results and then a third with sun blonde and my blonde was back to normal!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2008 10:02:00 AM More reviews by maure

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Every 3 weeks for the past 10 years I've spend a fortune on salon coloring (Goldwell). The last time I had a root touch up at the salon my stubborn white hairs did not hold the color (light brown) and I ended up initially, with lighter roots and hair that turned red in week 2! Since I have had this problem before and did not have the money, time or energy to go back to the salon, I decided( based on MUA reviews) to try Colorsilk. I mixed a 2-1-1 ratio of the following Colorsilk colors: light brown, ash blond and dark blond w/ an equal amount of developer and with help from my DH--- applied this formula to my roots (only) for 30 minutes. The color came out even from roots to ends my hair feels silky and soft--will defintely use again!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2008 11:14:00 PM More reviews by Bhree

These products are wonderful.

I tried this in Burgundy and black. Burgundy, of course, faded very quickly because most reds do, but black lasted FOREVER without fading. I hardly had to worry about it. I am pleasantly surprised this is so cheap and not harsh on the hair, yet the colors hold so well.

If you don't like the smell of the conditioner (which made my hair indeed very silky)....you can remedy that by washing it again the next day. It's not that hard. And the directions tell you plainly to cut the tip off with scissors. They don't put those handy little pieces of paper with words on them in there for nothing, you know.