September 2, 2014 | 1915 users online

Hair Color - Revlon - Colorsilk

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2008 7:41:00 AM More reviews by grex78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to dye my hair every 4 weeks. I am 30 but about 25% grey already (thanks Mom for the super genes!). Anyhoo, I usually dye my roots with Garnier but because of the good reviews I wanted to try this (and its 3$ a box - SWEET). I usually go for a medium natural brown look, my natural clor is ashy so the natural adds a little warmth for me. The Colorsilk medium natural brown turned LIGHT RED on me. Oh man, my hair was brown and my roots were red! And on top of that, the colr faded in one wash so all my grey started showing in the front of my head. Moral of the story - you get what you pay for!! Never again!! If you are not going for grey coverage and don't mind a little warmth in your color, it may be ok. My hair was in ok condition after I used it - hence the 2 lippies.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2008 4:40:00 AM More reviews by Meliamalia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the Light Ash Brown. I have naturally deep brown relaxed hair which I previously dyed with light golden brown(L'oreal Excellence). Results were a medium brown slightly reddish color...which weeks later started to look "rusty". So today I used colorsilk Light Ash Brown to cover grey and diminish red tones. It worked pretty OK, But while the dye sat in my hair, it irritated my scalp and I had to rinse out early. Luckily I had no burns or breakage but my hair did end up frizzy. The color's nice and the greys are gone for now so This isn't the worst haircolor I've used, but the scalp irritation was an issue for me so I will not buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2008 7:26:00 PM More reviews by ciat

I tried Color Silk after finally getting tired of the condition of my hair using Preference. I had use Root Perfect once or twice and liked it. Color Silk smells better, is easier on your hair and is cheaper than most of the colors on the market. The bad news is now I have a hard time finding regular Color Silk in the drugstores in the blonde shades. I finally found some a CVS and hope they keep stocking it. I even called Revlon to ask if ColorSilk was being phased out and she assured me that it was their most popular brand and will definitely continue to make it. So, why is it so hard to find all of a sudden? Wish I would have used ColorSilk before my hair got fried. Too bad I'm not a brunette, they stock lots of those colors. I'll just cross my fingers.
OK After trying Colorsilk in the regular size I have decided not to use it anymore. The color wasn't too bad but washed out pretty quickly. The smell was nothing compared to other brands which can drive you out of the house they smell so bad. The one thing that will keep me from using this product again is the fact that it made my hair like straw. I could hardly get a big toothed comb thru it when wet and it takes a lot of conditioner to keep it half way decent. Too bad. I really wanted to like this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2008 1:01:00 AM More reviews by spoopty

I used to dye my hair black with Colorsilk about every four weeks (just the roots -never had to dye the rest of my two feet of hair because it didn't fade!). It always left my hair in nice condition. :) (I kind of miss my black hair!)

I have also used the light auburn and bright auburn blonde and both work pretty well. However, like most reds, both fade quickly. But on the upside to that: the product is cheap and nice to your hair!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2008 5:53:00 PM More reviews by SexyLittleMe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've used Colorsilk off & on for years and I've always loved the results. I've recently started using it more often to make my medium-reddish brown hair darker. It fades away rather than leaving me with roots, but I only re-apply once per month. I'll probably need to do it more when I'm gray though.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2008 3:32:00 PM More reviews by jenward74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, I had mixed emotions about this hair color. I used the Medium Golden Brown, and I loved loved loved the color. I hesitated when buying it, because it was so cheap, (around $3 !!) and I have always believed you get what you pay for. But I thought, what the heck, three bucks and if it's awful, I'll come back and get something else.

The color itself was gorgeous. My hair felt great, although I had just colored it a medium auburn and highlighted it about a month before. This stuff covered up the auburn and I thought I was good to go.

Not so fast. About a month later, this stuff was all but gone, and my auburn was back in full force. I think this stuff should be labeled "temporary" instead of permanent. At least that way, people who want temporary color could benefit from the bargain price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2008 9:33:00 AM More reviews by tessture

This is my preferred brand of hair color. There's a good range of colors, though I tend to stay within the browns/dark reds these days. Funny to see so many say this fries their hair, as it actually leaves mine feeling softer (defeated, probably) than most other hair dyes. Garnier Nutriesse murdered my hair for three times the cost. And always, when in doubt, buy the Aussie Three Minute Miracle when dying hair: It's a rescue conditioner that has always helped me, even when I was bleaching my dark brown hair blonde for months. Colorsilk is cheap, easy and does what I ask of it. It does fade slightly, but on my hair it just looks more natural that way, more highlights than one solid, fake (Garnier...) color

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2008 2:37:00 AM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would never normally try such a cheap brand of haircolor but a woman my husband works with had such a gorgeous red hair color! I asked her what she used and it was this stuff so I tried it. Big mistake!! I never usually use conditioner but I bought some heavy duty stuff after this. Will never buy again! I have used almost every brand on the market and none of them ever did this to my hair! Spend the couple extra bucks and get L'Oreal or Garnier. It's well worth it!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2008 9:32:00 PM More reviews by mooshrimp

My hair was like straw after using this. It took MONTHS for it to get back to normal. Plus the color really wasn't very rich beautiful or exciting. Never again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2008 3:40:00 PM More reviews by ilec

I decided to dye my hair black, since my roots were starting to grow out again with brownish gold color for the rest which I used the feria color, it seemed to have turned a bit brassy, I wanted a change this time so went for the blue black , it says natural blue black on the box but expect it to be a daring black which means ppl can tell for sure ur hair is dyed and its pretty obvious, but I do like the color, because natural black hair is a bit common plus i just dont like soft black hair. Anyway, the dye takes forever to wash out, since its a dark color I guess, there was still color on my second washing, I dunno if this color fades fast coz its only been a few days. I was kinda pissed coz there was barely enough color for my long hair, so i had to stretch, so coz of that, when i was done, i noticed a few strands near the top were a bit brown, so i had to get another box, im gonna do another dye job in a few days to cover it all up....so overall, for the price, this dye is pretty good....i havent tried other colors though and I would probably buy again, try some other colors too.
update: this isnt as good as i thought, it fades quite fast, I can start to see the brown strands appear....