Revlon Colorsilk

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for years now. I get great results every time. Whenever I go to cut my hair, I always get asked about where I dye my hair since they're so impressed with the color. I usually use Medium Ash Brown. It's a very beautiful natural color. There's no dripping like with other brands that require wetting hair first. It also doesn't stain my skin like some other dyes have. Will continue to repurchase.

I just used this in Ultra Light Natural Blonde 04. My hair has been highlighted/dyed light blonde for years, but I had a little bit of my natural medium brown roots showing and I just wanted to brighten up the color. I left the color on for about 45-50 minutes, wrapping Saran Wrap around my head to keep all the dye in.
I just washed and dried my hair for the first time and while there is a little bit of brassiness towards the top, it's quite a pretty color and lightened my roots without completely bleaching the tips. I'm trying to tone it down a bit with that "purple shampoo" for blondes, so hopefully it will look just perfect soon!

This dye is simply wonderful. Never again will I be spending 8-10 dollars on a single box of dye... No... I'll be buying up a few of these to stock up instead!
Seriously. This is a good way to save some money on hair dyes, especially if you're only dying your hair every month or so (*points to self*). It costs around $2.99 a box and I have yet to see it fade. I use this particular product in "10 - black" and have yet to see any problems with it. My hair is quite thin and wavy and color tends to wash out rather easily. Haven't had that particular phenomenon with this product.
-Bottom line-
It's cheap, it's high quality and it doesn't fade. What more could you ask for in a hair color? ...Exactly. Nothing. =)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So, I can't really complain about my hair. It does what I want it to, and has minimal frizz problems. However, I like to color my hair a dark rich chocolate color. This is the best dye for that! My hair feels like silk after, and is sooo shiny. I know that hair dye is supposed to damage hair, but mine looks stronger/healthier after I use this. The color is gorgeous (I use the one with the girl with the dark curly hair shown above in the picture), and the price is not bad at all! By far my favorite hair dye!

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

So this product was Cheap at $ 2.99 a box at Target whats not to love i used it to go back to my original color my hair was fading it was burundy with brown low lights but have fade a whole lot . I used this it covered the red quite well im not sure about the conditioner it came with since it was so small i haven't used it yet my sister still had some gariner conditioner from when she colored her hair so i just used that . the color is really dark and my hair is wavy looked really fake but after i put biosilk and straighted it with my chi it looks great really healthy would buy again if i had to but im not planning to dye my hair again any time soon economic bad times got to save

What is not to love about this stuff? The product is fantastic and it's only $2-3!!! That's crazy, stupid good!

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I used this in black and i have for years. I have natural reddish blonde hair but look too washed out with light hair. I also just simply love my hair ink black. I also have extremely sensitive skin and scalp. Any hair dye with ammonia burns my sclap very badly. Although ammonia free does not mean it is completely non-damageing, it does not irritate my scalp. The color does fade to having a slight brown shine in the sun after about 8 weeks, but other than that it gets my blonde hair black and it stays black with no irritation.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have been coloring my own hair for years, and usually stick with Garnier Nutrisse or L'Oreal Preference or Excellence, although I've occasionally tried others. I always assumed this color was "junk" because it was so cheap, but it was on sale for something like $2 at Target, and I'm trying to be more frugal, so I decided to try it. I picked up light auburn, and I'm so glad I did! The color is very true to the box. This is a lighter, brighter auburn than Garnier or any of the other brands' light auburn, but it really looks like a natural red. It doesn't burn your scalp or reek, and my hair wasn't straw-like after coloring (probably because the color doesn't contain ammonia). I left the color on for about 5-10 minutes longer than recommended - I always do this and find it gives the color a little more "staying power." The conditioner is pretty decent, too. Within about 2 weeks the color had faded to a slightly less orangey/bright shade, but was still very pretty and natural looking. Reds always fade quickly, and compared to all the other brands I've used, I honestly didn't see *that* much of a difference. I would say it does fade a little more quickly than more expensive colors, but honestly, for the price and the quality, I will most definitely repurchase this! I can get 3 or 4 boxes for the price of ONE other box of color. This is an HG product, as far as I am concerned.

Edited to add (12/2008): I've now tried Medium Auburn and LOVE it. Definitely an HG color! My stylist even asked me where I got my hair colored, she loved it so much. Brilliant, reddish auburn that really shines. This is my new HG color, and at $2.49/box or 2/$3.96 at Wal-mart, you can't beat it!

I have tries all of the ds hair color brands. I've gone from blonde to dark brown. This is the ONLY brand that actually looks like the color on the box!! I use mahagony brown. With the other brands it really depends on your base color you're starting with to determine the outcome of your color, but not with colorsilk!! In fact, after using this conditioner my hair is actually 20x's softer and silkier!! If I don't need to color my hair but need a great conditioning treatment...you better believe I'll buy this box just for the conditioner! (and at $3.00 it's not unreasonable) :)

I love this stuff! I tried it for the first time last week and my color is so pretty. I colored my hair at the end of June with Miss Clairol and my roots came out a shade or two lighter than the rest of my hair. I decided to try Colorsilk to even out the color after reading all of the positive reviews on here. I was hesitant at first because of the price but this is now my HG hair color. I used Medium Rich Brown. I left it on my roots for 20 minutes then ran it through all of my hair for the remaining 5 minutes. My color came out even from root to tip and now all of my color matches! It is a really pretty brown with a very slight hint of red. I have received quite a few compliments. It is a little darker than the box but I think it's only because my color was darker from the Miss Clairol.
Besides the cheap price, this dye did not smell at all or irritate my scalp. The gloves are a little cheap but I didn't have a problem with them. They protected my hands just fine. Also, this did not damage my hair. It was actually very soft afterwards and smelled great.
I'd recommend this hair color brand to everyone! Don't be fooled by the price!

Video Reviews & Tutorials