October 23, 2014 | 1858 users online

Hair Color - Revlon - Colorsilk

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2008 12:44:00 PM More reviews by shortstopmom

colorsilk in ultra light sun blonde is a lifesaver!!!!! if anyone gets a dull result from other haircolors use this and it will brighten it up perfectly.i once dyed my hair twice in one day with very dull color results and then a third with sun blonde and my blonde was back to normal!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2008 10:02:00 AM More reviews by maure

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Every 3 weeks for the past 10 years I've spend a fortune on salon coloring (Goldwell). The last time I had a root touch up at the salon my stubborn white hairs did not hold the color (light brown) and I ended up initially, with lighter roots and hair that turned red in week 2! Since I have had this problem before and did not have the money, time or energy to go back to the salon, I decided( based on MUA reviews) to try Colorsilk. I mixed a 2-1-1 ratio of the following Colorsilk colors: light brown, ash blond and dark blond w/ an equal amount of developer and with help from my DH--- applied this formula to my roots (only) for 30 minutes. The color came out even from roots to ends my hair feels silky and soft--will defintely use again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2008 11:14:00 PM More reviews by Bhree

These products are wonderful.

I tried this in Burgundy and black. Burgundy, of course, faded very quickly because most reds do, but black lasted FOREVER without fading. I hardly had to worry about it. I am pleasantly surprised this is so cheap and not harsh on the hair, yet the colors hold so well.

If you don't like the smell of the conditioner (which made my hair indeed very silky)....you can remedy that by washing it again the next day. It's not that hard. And the directions tell you plainly to cut the tip off with scissors. They don't put those handy little pieces of paper with words on them in there for nothing, you know.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2008 4:32:00 PM More reviews by LWAngel7

This is probably the best haircolor-and it is 3.99! I used the lighter blonde colors to dye my natural mousy dirty blonde/light brown, and I loved it. I also used the Revlon Frost and Glow Blonde Highlighting kit with it, and I got a lot of compliments. Wanting to go back to my more natural hair color due to nursing school finances (fun), I decided to dye my hair with the Light Ash Brown. Now I have my natural color back, with a little bit of blonde highlights underneath. (It's a cool effect when the sun shines down on my hair!) If you're looking for a little bit of change like I did, I would recommend this product highly because of the cheap price, reliability, and the fact that it is ammonia-free.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2008 1:33:00 PM More reviews by browneyedvixen1

If I am totally broke and need a quick haircolor fix this is a stand by for me. I normally go to the salon for color jobs, but there are times when I can not afford the cost and this haircolor does the job without looking brassy or dry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2008 6:16:00 PM More reviews by adrenirushxaudri

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite haircolor. I haven't used too many other brands of color, but this one does the job perfectly. I've only used the darker shades like the auburns, blacks, and browns, but they've all turned out very true-to-color on my already very dark hair. When I get bored, I go pick up a box of color that's different, it's so inexpensive and very easy to experiment with. The black has probably been my favorite. It was so gorgeous and lasted forever! I seriously couldn't get it out, not to say I tried, but no matter what I did, it didn't fade. I've got the Brown Black (20) now just so I won't have to worry about my lighter roots showing for a while...that's just how long it lasts. I don't need another box until my roots start to show through!

It really does leave my hair in a better condition. I love how bright and shiny my hair is, not to mention the softness. I've never gotten anything less than fantastic results from this cruelty-free product...and for near $3? Unheard of!

My only complaint is the rather useless lunch-lady gloves...I've got my own box of latex free gloves that I use with this, but it's a small price for such great color!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2008 12:21:00 AM More reviews by ELIZApatricia

I must admit, I had become a "haircolor snob", because I would only dye my hair using professional dyes from Sally's or Barnums. However, I have tried most of the drugstore brands throughout the years. I recently tried Natural Instincts Brass-Free Brunettes, and had a rather unpleasant end result. I ended up with lighter brassier roots while the rest of my hair turned a strange ashy black! Thank goodness I was able to shampoo like crazy and get some of it to wash out, but it was blotchy/uneven! I just want a haircolor that will darken my light ash brown hair to a dark rich brown, and look even from root to tip...is that really so much to ask?! So after reading reviews on here, I decided that it was time to stop being a snob to Colorsilk and give it a whirl. So glad I did, I used the shade "Dark Brown" and now I have a BEAUTIFUL rich very dark espresso brown (exactly like the girl's on the box), and as damaged and porous as my hair is, the color turned out TOTALLY even, from root to tip! I left it on for 25 min (the roots for full 25 min., the ends only 8 min). AND it made my hair a lot more silky, manageable, and shiny (I have super coarse dry hair naturally). Yes, the gloves suck a$$, and yes, the conditioner is in a packet, not a tube, but I really don't care about all that. I only care about the end result of my color. I'm very happy with this shade! This is a perfect example of quality NOT correlating with price (considering this stuff is less than $3 a box!) No other brand has given me such beautiful even results like Colorsilk does! UPDATE: I also like "Brown Black", which looks black indoors, but in natural or bright lighting, you can see it's really an extremely deep brown. But both are rich, beautiful, natural looking shades. UPDATE#2: I recently colored my hair w/Garnier Nutrisse in Medium Golden Brown which resulted in orange roots and dark red/black hair. Stripped out that awful color, and recolored using Colorsilk in Medium Golden Brown, and my hair now looks better than it did before the whole Garnier mess! I will NEVER cheat on Colorsilk again! I LOVE U COLORSILK!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2008 12:17:00 AM More reviews by ELIZApatricia

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2008 9:09:00 PM More reviews by rock_chica81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product off and on for the past 8 yrs. I think I've dyed my hair all the different brown shades this product line carries. Within the past 8 yrs I've tried other brands of dyes and have had my hair professionally colored. But this is the dye that I keep coming back to. I'm actually writing this review w/freshly dyed hair :) The color does tend to come out a bit dark at first but it always comes out the color that I want after a few washes. I've never had a problem with it drying and damaging my hair either. I have fine hair and this actually makes it look healthier. And the price is so cheap, I can afford to color my hair every 6-8 wks without breaking the bank! I should add that I don't have any grays and the shades that I choose aren't vibrant shades which is why this dye really works for me. I don't have to worry about the color fading. I tried Garniers Nutrisse Med Gldn Brown 2 wks ago and it left me w/red dry hair whose dye smell took almost 2 wks to get rid of. So I bought a couple boxes of Colorsilk Dk Brown for $5 and I'm now breathing a sigh of relief. I love this stuff!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2008 7:41:00 AM More reviews by grex78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to dye my hair every 4 weeks. I am 30 but about 25% grey already (thanks Mom for the super genes!). Anyhoo, I usually dye my roots with Garnier but because of the good reviews I wanted to try this (and its 3$ a box - SWEET). I usually go for a medium natural brown look, my natural clor is ashy so the natural adds a little warmth for me. The Colorsilk medium natural brown turned LIGHT RED on me. Oh man, my hair was brown and my roots were red! And on top of that, the colr faded in one wash so all my grey started showing in the front of my head. Moral of the story - you get what you pay for!! Never again!! If you are not going for grey coverage and don't mind a little warmth in your color, it may be ok. My hair was in ok condition after I used it - hence the 2 lippies.