November 27, 2014 | 1437 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by kk71350

I was on a makeup spending ban, and the first thing I wanted to buy was one of these, and let me just say, I don't regret it. I have one in Peach Parfait, which is a really gorgeous every day neutral on my golden skin tone. The formulation is very nice: it goes on very creamy, it feels very soft and light on your lips, and it smells nice. The packaging is also really nice, it reminds me of more expensive lip products. I really want to try more colors of these. They are a very luxurious treat for an affordable price. Great, Great, Great!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by i4makeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I will add to on to the hype...these are really summer must-haves. I bought Tutti Frutti and Candy Apple and I love mixing the two colors to get the perfect coral color for my lips (I'm an NC 42). I will be rockin this lip combo this summer for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by MandyinNYC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really love the color and smoothness of these. I even used the Berry Smoothie color as a sub for chapstick when I was in Colorado a few months ago. They're hydrating and the color is nice and sheer. However, my only complaint is that both of the ones I have are broken! One lasted a couple of months before it broke in half, and then the other one broke after three weeks. They tend to melt easily and that weakens the lipstick. I've salvaged them by putting them into small pots to apply but still...what a pain.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2012 2:53:00 AM More reviews by moose4me

I'm not a big fan of lipsticks or gloss. Lipsticks typically dry out my lips, and gloss just looks too unnatural for everyday wear for me. So when I heard about these lip butters I was eager to try them out!

I currently own:
1.) Pink Truffle
2.) Berry Smoothie

Pink truffle looks a lot darker in the tube then it does on my lips. It actually brightens the color of my lips. I typically dab this lipstick on, and then touch up with a tissue. That way the color isn't too bright for me, and it also doesn't look too glossy. So this is my favorite color, of the two I own!

Berry smoothie was the next, most neutral color I saw. I knew it would look a little purple, but it's not unwearable. I also try to dab this on very lightly, just for a little bit of color.

Speaking of moisture, I'd say lip butters go right in between chapsticks and lipsticks. I'm fine with that though, since I would want to reapply ever few hours anyways, to check that everything's in place.

The packaging is cute, and I don't have any problems with it. My only compliant would be that there isn't very much product! Since I reapply quite often, I feel like I am going to run out super fast. But I still think this product is worth it, since it isn't too expensive. I got mine for $6.00 each in a BOGO sale.

Totally worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by icepunkprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have these in nearly every color and I love them. They don't dry out my lips, but provide a lot of color. I haven't tried any of the really pale colors, though. Candy Apple is an amazing warm red!

The only bad thing about these is that the color can fade pretty fast, but I just keep reapplying and it doesn't dry me out and eventually the color builds up so much that it stops fading.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by patty48

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought into the hype....really wanted to love these. Got them on sale for 4.99 (which is a really good price up here in Canada). I knew that I would have to reapply , lip butter, not a problem. Why oh why are my lips peeling? Seems like the more I reapply, the drier my lips get. Now I need a lip scrubber to get rid of the flakes Won't repurchase, probably won't use what I have.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Savvy4

Like MOST people reviewing... I cannot get enough of this product. I currently own: Peach parfait- Pretty coral color, Pink Truffle- Pink with a warm brown undertone, Berry Smoothie- Pink/Purple color, and Red velvet- Deep rich red color. All of the shades I purchased seem to be very different. I feel like I can wear any of them with any sort of look. All of them are so smooth and wear just like a balm with a punch of color and a little gloss. They last a very long time...For reference: I am a teacher so I am constantly talking and drinking water all day- I find that this lip product will stay on for most of the day without reapplying. I want to go out and buy MORE. lol. I just love these so much and I am SO happy that they are apart of the perm. collection for revlon because I will totally continue to buy these and use them everyday.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The name of this "Lip Butter" is #001 Pink Truffle. It is a sublime neutral as it's a browned rose. I reviewed a neutral Chanel called Bel Ami 66 and raved about the texture, neutrality of color, the mechanism and the "click" of the cap. It is also a narrower tube/barrel which helps to shape the lips. I also commented on it's wearability being especially good for a sheer lipstick as after the formula wore off you still were left with it's "stain." I also said it was rediculously expensive, but worth every penny. Well, that was reviewed before I stumbled upon this Revlon "Beauty." This has an identical barrel size and a similar mechanism. The formulas are also too similar for words and it also wears well after the formula disapates and the "stain" is left behind. I can't believe I'm about to say this, but this Revlon has more in common with the Chanel than any other comparison I've ever reached. It's as if they are the exact same lipstick, but the Brand is different on each outer tube. The design being somewhat different also. You might be ready to ask which is the better of the two and I would not be able to answer that as they are the same in more ways then they are different. I Kid You Not!!! The Chanel is some $30.00+ and the Revlon is less than 7 bucks in Walmart!!!! I could not initially wrap my head around this one as I think I like the Revlon better.and that's just crazy to me. It also says alot about this Revlon Lip Color Butter. It's obscenely Fabulous in that it equals or betters the Chanel. Run, do not walk, but Run to Walmart and get this formula and color. It can't even be beat by Chanel. I am speechless and have no further words on the subject...

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2012 3:14:00 AM More reviews by Christyshe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

"Emma Stones is wearing Peach Parfait" I was hooked on the nice peachy color on her photograph by Revlon. But its totally not the same as it shown! Too much of tiny gold shimmer on it & when I put on my lips the shimmer seems like a glitter. Its annoy me when the glitter flake out of the lips make it so hard to remove. Packaging is not friendly-user too; hard to pull off. Overall, beside its moisturizing formula nothing else to comment.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by TheScienceOfChic

I feel like these are really overhyped. I've bought two (Strawberry Shortcake and Tutti Fruitti) and I don't like either. The only thing about this product that I like is that the packaging is adorable and since each top is the color of the lip butter you don't have to guess at which one you're picking up. I didn't get any amazing moisture out of either of these (which is what this product is supposed to deliver, right? In fact they irritated or dried out my lips more) and both shades had different characteristics about them that were negative as well.
Strawberry Shortcake is a cute baby pink color. This one actually went on pretty smoothly in the beginning, but now (about 4 months later) I think the formula has changed and it drags more. I know that these aren't supposed to have a whole bunch of pigmentation, but the pigmentation on this looked patchy and grainy plus what color/product there was on my lips wore off incredibly fast. The initial feeling after putting this one on was that is was a little moisturizing which went away pretty quickly. The texture of this also had that grainy feeling to it which I didn't find pleasant.
Tutti Fruitti is this orange punch color which I really like so it disappoints me that this product performed so poorly. This one has a bit of a waxy texture to it which a) provides NO feeling of moisturizaition and b) makes application harder than it should be since it doesn't glide. The color stays longer on this one than Strawberry Short cake and doesn't have a grainy texture or appearance but I don't exactly want that with a product that feels like it's drying out my lips.
Another thing that these two share is that (at least with me) when I retract them some of the product scrapes off of the side and I get a lot of buildup on the opening of the tube. I've also noticed that the lip butters have actually rotated clockwise in the tubes which leads me to believe that they aren't securely attached to the base.
I think that these are a huge gimmick since they don't work for me at all. I also think that they're overpriced (as pretty much all Revlon products are) seeing as how they are a product that doesn't perform as the company says they should.