September 19, 2014 | 878 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by PINKsinger101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE these so much!! Def one of my fav lip products!! I own:

Berry Smoothie
Creme-Brulee
Sweet- Tart
Sugar Frosting

I love all of them so much!

Creme-Brulee is a really nice nude color..My go-to Nude lipstick is REVLON lipstick in icy nude...so i put this on before that and they're so perfect together!!

Berry Smoothie is the PERF berry color...i wear this one all the time just alone on my lips...sometimes Tarina Tarantino Lip glass in Fushia revolution over it.<3

Sugar Frosting is a very sheer light pale pink and i love it for that light sheer color on my lips with a nude eye. Someone who doesent love brights and loves lights..this is great!!:)

Sweet Tart is the ultimate bright pink color for someone who loves bold, bright lips!! You can also though only put on a tiny bit and make it a more passive pink as well.

I <3 the packaging becuase its just soo cute. Many people complain about the small area to grab...but really who cares? Its not like you cant open them. (Its much better than Urban Decay lipstick that have that freakein sword thing at the bottom. Yikes!) 100% recommend!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by 2010

I have 3 of these:

BERRY SMOOTHIE - lovely color but doesn't stay on for that long
SWEET TART: bright pink - really brightens up my fair skin
LOLLIPOP: The only one I'm not a huge fan of. Too bright for my liking and too fuschia. It was hard for me to tell what color it was in the store, due to poor lighting.

Overall, I would repurchase but I overpaid for them ($7-9C) so I will wait for a $5 sale to buy more, if I decide to.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Dakotaf13

I LOVE THESE. I didn't buy these expecting for them to be super moisturizing or anything, I bought them because I thought they were a neat concept and I wanted to try them out. I bought creme brulee and Gumdrop in my first purchase and I loved them both and went back to buy more.
Creme Brulee-I keep this one in my purse because it is a Nude, but it isn't super nude, it comes across as a gorgeous light brown on me and looks great with a sheer gloss over. It's no fuss!
Gumdrop-lilac purple color, looks great with a pink gloss, gives a super light pink look. Such a pretty color!! May look intimidating but I highly recommend this color.
Cotton Candy-No very much pigment with this one but it is a really subtle pretty pink. Looks great with the Revlon Lilac lipgloss on top, I wear those two together A LOT.
*Lollipop-Wasn't going to buy this one, it was buy 2 get one free and I just picked this one up because I couldn't make a decision. MY FAVORITE PINK SHADE I OWN. It is a super bright, pretty pink that has a purpleish sheen to it. I love this color so much and wear it often when I go out because it is bright and fun but not high maintenance like reds can be.
Tutti Frutti-I was really excited about this color but it isn't anything special. I was looking for a really really coral color, but this comes on pretty sheer and not quite the color I was looking for. I was aiming for something close to what Kitty wears in that 70's show...this did not fill that expectation. It's a nice color, just very sheer.
*Candy Apple-A really bright red without all the fuss! This with a simple gloss is a really simple, easy red lip. I worse this to my sister's rehearsal dinner for her wedding and got tons of compliments because it was bright but not over powering
*Red Velvet-I love this shade of red, it is really deep and really nice to wear with a simple eye because it can really pull a look together in no time. I have been looking for a good lipstick that is long lasting in this shade because I love the color so much and would love to own it in a Matte lipstick. Still on that hunt
I used an (*) to indicate the ones that flake easier than the others. The darker colors seem to flake a little bit on me and it can be annoying if it is unexpected. I suggest that you wipe off the color and reapply once you notice it starting to flake so that the flakes don't get back into the tube of lip butter and mess up the top layer.
I love these, I suggest everyone at least try them out!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2012 7:07:00 PM More reviews by jenniferc328

I really like these, because the pigmentation is GREAT and comparable to department store lip butter. I have two colors, creme brulle, and cupcake. I love both, and would purchase more, but they are way too expensive for the amount given and the drugstore brand name. They are also a bit drying, but like I said, I just really like the colors. I also like how they're like a chapstick/balm/lipstick/gloss all combined into one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by missmegan07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Let me just say that I absolutely love these! I'm 15, so lipstick isn't really what I like to wear on a daily basis, because it is so drying. However, this is more like a balm than a thick lipstick. It moisturizes my lips wonderfully and has the pigment of a normal lipstick.
After seeing tons of reviews and raves on youtube.com, I decided to try one out for myself. I picked up Berry Smoothie, because it seemed to be a very popular color and it was gorgeous. I instanstly fell in love and decided that I NEEDED to pick up more! My mom thinks I'm crazy, because I already have so many lip products, but these are my favorite things ever! I now have Berry Smoothie, Cotton Candy, and Sweet Tart, but I'm going to get more soon!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by 4eyes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Given all the great reviews, and my love of lip balms w/ color, I had to try these. I bought 2: Tutti Frutti and Peach parfait. For reference I am pale, yellowish blonde, and peachy/corals and only SOME blue-y colors look good on me. Anything too cool or with grey/blue/white shimmer makes me look dead.

Pkging: Black twist up base, silver tube and very pretty, translucent tinted, diamond-quilted cap in colors to match the lip butter. Cap stays on fine.

Moisturization: Excellent, lasts a long time, WAY better than Maybelline Baby Lips, not quite as good as Neutrogena Revitalizing Lip Balm, but close, and the color selecton is much better than both.

Tutti-frutti color: Looks like an outrageously bright orange coral in the tube, but not as bright or intense on. Creamy, no sparkle that I could see, and gives a very nice medium orangey coral color that can be hard to find in what seems like a sea of bluey-pinks out there. The pigment level of a sheer lipstick. Definitely a very warm tone, not cool tone at all. Something I will wear many times.

Peach Parfait: Nice peachy pink base with small but MANY gold shimmery flecks. The base has less pigment level, and perhaps just matches my natural lip color more, than the Tutti-frutti, so if you get any outside the lip line it's not as noticeable. It looks more "pink" than "peach." When the base wore off, I still had very noticeable sparkles stuck on my lips. The word "glitter" rather than "frost" comes to mind. If you don't like glitter you won't like this. I wore a few times and it seemed to make my face look a bit Blah. I inspected the sparkles more closely, and sure enough, there were white sparkles in there w/ the gold. Ack! I went back and applied a thousand year old Elizabeth Arden Luxury Lipstick Neoclassic Peach for comparison. NeoClassic Peach is true peach, w/ LOTS of GOLD only frost, and there was just no comparison!!! God I love that stuff! So, sadly, the Peach Parfait is more of a Pink Silver, and I HATE silver. Won't be buying this color again.

Scent: Both had a faint, sweet, marshmallowy smell. Didn't bother me.
Overall: I'd buy the Tutti-frutti again, but would look for another color similar to the Peach Parfait w/o all the glitter.

Update: recently bought the Pink truffle and the Candy Apple Red. The Pink Truffle is a muted pink/brown creme w/ a hint of purple. Very MLBB, no glitter. NIce color, not flashy, can be a bit dull if you're looking for some oomph but very wearable and natural looking. The Candy Apple Red is exactly what the name says - candy apple red, but sheer, so it's not as vivid as a full coverage lipstick might be. Brightens up the face and looks great - it does have a very faint, almost undetectible shimmer, but it's very hard to tell - it looks like a creme w/ a bit of dimension on the lips. The thing I love about these butters is that they are very moisturizing and they never dry out my lips. I see they've come out with some new coral-y colors too, like Papaya, which looks like a more mellow version of the Tutti Frutti. I might try that next, but I'd love to see a nice Autumn color like a rust.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2012 9:39:00 AM More reviews by PrincessGizmo

I have two of these colors and I love everything about them, I even got some for my picky grandmother and she absolutely loves the feel and wants to change to this lipstick now. The best part I think is being able to build up the color, I can have it sheerish or more towards the opaque and that is awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 8:51:00 AM More reviews by makeuplove55

I love these! The colours are beautiful, the formula is moisturizing. They don't last very long (a couple hours) I don't mind since I always reapply my lip balm during the day anyway. Do not hesitate, just try one; you can't go wrong at this price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2012 6:57:00 AM More reviews by wai260896

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

These are good, they are fairly pigmented and hydrated. Only thing I dislike about it is that the moisture goes away after an hour or so, then I have to reapply because my lips feel dry. And something I don't want my lips too be that pigmented, but once i reapply it is very pigmented.

I have it in Macaroon, Berry Smoothie and Strawberry Shortcake. I will buy more, but in shades that are lighter.

Oh, and its a lot of pigmented than it looks on the hand. Good point I guess!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2012 6:32:00 AM More reviews by galsunday

I liked the packaging, for a drug store brand. This long tubed, retro packaging is making a come back these days, as with other brands too. I tried the color "Macaroon".Upon application I smelt the vanilla scent, which was nice. Its a nice glossy, shimmery rose hue. I applied more of the product to get more color. I loved the color. My lips looked huge and like they were bursting wet gloss. As it was a lip butter, it can be sticky but it didn`t dry out my lips. As for lasting power, the lippie lasted while I was running errands all day,comes off after meals but leaves a faint shimmer behind. The price is affordable and I would buy this product again.