December 19, 2014 | 1518 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by UTdaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love these lip butters! They provide buildable color, come in a wide range of shades and feel fantastic on the lips. These are a great way to wear some of summer's bright lips in a sheer, approachable way - I suspect I'd get funny looks if I showed up at elementary school pickup wearing bright fuchsia lipstick, but when I wear a few coats of Raspberry Pie, I get compliments like "you look happy!"

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by wasson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love these lip butters. I have Peach Parfait, Candy Apple Red and Rasberry Pie. I do not think they are the most moisturizing, but they do slide on easy and do not feel goopy or drying. The Peach Parfait that I own has a small amount of shimmer. I am usually not a glitter lip/shimmer fan-but i find this one very wearable during the day.
The Candy Apple and Raspberry Pie are very bright and sometimes require a light touch. Overall I like the lip butters-- good price, range of colors, packaging is average, not drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by kk71350

I was on a makeup spending ban, and the first thing I wanted to buy was one of these, and let me just say, I don't regret it. I have one in Peach Parfait, which is a really gorgeous every day neutral on my golden skin tone. The formulation is very nice: it goes on very creamy, it feels very soft and light on your lips, and it smells nice. The packaging is also really nice, it reminds me of more expensive lip products. I really want to try more colors of these. They are a very luxurious treat for an affordable price. Great, Great, Great!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by i4makeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I will add to on to the hype...these are really summer must-haves. I bought Tutti Frutti and Candy Apple and I love mixing the two colors to get the perfect coral color for my lips (I'm an NC 42). I will be rockin this lip combo this summer for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by MandyinNYC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really love the color and smoothness of these. I even used the Berry Smoothie color as a sub for chapstick when I was in Colorado a few months ago. They're hydrating and the color is nice and sheer. However, my only complaint is that both of the ones I have are broken! One lasted a couple of months before it broke in half, and then the other one broke after three weeks. They tend to melt easily and that weakens the lipstick. I've salvaged them by putting them into small pots to apply but still...what a pain.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2012 2:53:00 AM More reviews by moose4me

I'm not a big fan of lipsticks or gloss. Lipsticks typically dry out my lips, and gloss just looks too unnatural for everyday wear for me. So when I heard about these lip butters I was eager to try them out!

I currently own:
1.) Pink Truffle
2.) Berry Smoothie

Pink truffle looks a lot darker in the tube then it does on my lips. It actually brightens the color of my lips. I typically dab this lipstick on, and then touch up with a tissue. That way the color isn't too bright for me, and it also doesn't look too glossy. So this is my favorite color, of the two I own!

Berry smoothie was the next, most neutral color I saw. I knew it would look a little purple, but it's not unwearable. I also try to dab this on very lightly, just for a little bit of color.

Speaking of moisture, I'd say lip butters go right in between chapsticks and lipsticks. I'm fine with that though, since I would want to reapply ever few hours anyways, to check that everything's in place.

The packaging is cute, and I don't have any problems with it. My only compliant would be that there isn't very much product! Since I reapply quite often, I feel like I am going to run out super fast. But I still think this product is worth it, since it isn't too expensive. I got mine for $6.00 each in a BOGO sale.

Totally worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by icepunkprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have these in nearly every color and I love them. They don't dry out my lips, but provide a lot of color. I haven't tried any of the really pale colors, though. Candy Apple is an amazing warm red!

The only bad thing about these is that the color can fade pretty fast, but I just keep reapplying and it doesn't dry me out and eventually the color builds up so much that it stops fading.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by patty48

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought into the hype....really wanted to love these. Got them on sale for 4.99 (which is a really good price up here in Canada). I knew that I would have to reapply , lip butter, not a problem. Why oh why are my lips peeling? Seems like the more I reapply, the drier my lips get. Now I need a lip scrubber to get rid of the flakes Won't repurchase, probably won't use what I have.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Savvy4

Like MOST people reviewing... I cannot get enough of this product. I currently own: Peach parfait- Pretty coral color, Pink Truffle- Pink with a warm brown undertone, Berry Smoothie- Pink/Purple color, and Red velvet- Deep rich red color. All of the shades I purchased seem to be very different. I feel like I can wear any of them with any sort of look. All of them are so smooth and wear just like a balm with a punch of color and a little gloss. They last a very long time...For reference: I am a teacher so I am constantly talking and drinking water all day- I find that this lip product will stay on for most of the day without reapplying. I want to go out and buy MORE. lol. I just love these so much and I am SO happy that they are apart of the perm. collection for revlon because I will totally continue to buy these and use them everyday.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The name of this "Lip Butter" is #001 Pink Truffle. It is a sublime neutral as it's a browned rose. I reviewed a neutral Chanel called Bel Ami 66 and raved about the texture, neutrality of color, the mechanism and the "click" of the cap. It is also a narrower tube/barrel which helps to shape the lips. I also commented on it's wearability being especially good for a sheer lipstick as after the formula wore off you still were left with it's "stain." I also said it was rediculously expensive, but worth every penny. Well, that was reviewed before I stumbled upon this Revlon "Beauty." This has an identical barrel size and a similar mechanism. The formulas are also too similar for words and it also wears well after the formula disapates and the "stain" is left behind. I can't believe I'm about to say this, but this Revlon has more in common with the Chanel than any other comparison I've ever reached. It's as if they are the exact same lipstick, but the Brand is different on each outer tube. The design being somewhat different also. You might be ready to ask which is the better of the two and I would not be able to answer that as they are the same in more ways then they are different. I Kid You Not!!! The Chanel is some $30.00+ and the Revlon is less than 7 bucks in Walmart!!!! I could not initially wrap my head around this one as I think I like the Revlon better.and that's just crazy to me. It also says alot about this Revlon Lip Color Butter. It's obscenely Fabulous in that it equals or betters the Chanel. Run, do not walk, but Run to Walmart and get this formula and color. It can't even be beat by Chanel. I am speechless and have no further words on the subject...

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No