Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

Polybutene , Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2 , Tridecyl Trimellitate , Octyldodecanol , PETROLATUM, Hydrogenated Polydecene , Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate , Jojoba , Polyethylene , Ozokerite , Cetyl PEG , PPG-10 , 1 Dimethicone , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate , Hexyl Laurate , Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate , Beeswax, Zinc Ricinoleate , Squalane , Silica , Shea Butter , Butter Mango , Palmitoyl Oligopeptide , TOCOPHEROL ACETATE, Coconut Oily, Synthetic Wax , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Dimethicone , Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer , Isodecyl Neopentanoate , Tribehenin , Sorbitan Isostearate , Fragrance , BHT , Caprylyl Glycol , 1,2 Hexanediol , May Contain: Mica , Titanium Dioxide (CI,77891) , Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) , Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) , Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1) , Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985) , Red 33 Lake (CI 17200) , Carmine (CI 75470) , Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) , Red 6 Lake (CI 15850)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I wish I loved these as much as everyone else, but I just find them to be... I dunno. Sorta okay? Definitely not great. And I love Revlon lipsticks, with a passion, so I soooooooooooo wanted to love these. I tried six different shades: Creamsicle, Strawberry Shortcake, Candy Apple, Lollipop, and I can't even remember the other two because I took them back (the only two I kept were Strawberry Shortcake and Candy Apple). My problem with these is that most of the shades are really really blue, sometimes almost white, waaaaay lighter than my natural lip color, insanely frosty, and wash out my pale skin. Even though I kept Strawberry Shortcake, and I have tried and tried to get it to work for me, I just find that it's really unflattering on me. Candy Apple is ok for day time when I want a sheer wash of red, but it actually tends to dry out my lips more than regular lipstick while fading 10 times faster. They seem moisturizing at first, but once I've had one on for a half hour or so, my lips feel tight and flaky.
Sorry Revlon. :(

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

My initial reaction to these were that they were nothing special, but I find myself reaching for my revlon lip butters more and more often. I own 3 (red velvet, candy apple and fig jam) and I'd have to say candy apple is my favourite, but I do use fig jam more often and carry it around with me.
What I love about these: they are easy to apply, can layer for different opacities, are moisturizing, the colours are very flattering, basically they look and feel great. Fantastic pigmentation in the ones that I got, and gorgeous colour array. Much more moisturizing than lipstick! And no funky smells (I'm looking at you, revlon moon drops). Classy looking packaging.
What I don't love as much: They don't last a long time, I usually get an hour-2 hours tops. Also, the lid is so long and you only have a little tiny bit to pull the lipstick out with. And of course, if I'm just going for a sheer wash of colour, the lip butters can feel a bit heavy so I go with a different tinted balm or a lip stain.Not much fun in the summer, as they get heavy and melty, but I can't wait to get a ton more use out of them in the fall!
I'd give these 4.5 lippies, but I'll round up ro 5.

Glides onto your lips be-e-a-uuutifulllyyyy!!!! I purchased 001 Pink Truffle which is a lovely mild pink on my complexion. The shine is great. Love this product for day time but it would transition into night time nicely. I would definitely buy other colours and repurchase the one I already have. I love the packaging as well, its really cute and fun to have in my makeup bag. Everyone should try this!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this product in Strawberry Shortcake.
Color: Beautiful color. It is a nice pink that isn't extremely bright or too light colored. It doesn't wash out my skin or make me look dead. Not extremely pigmented, but it is buildable. I actually like this a lot because I am not really into lipsticks that much. It gives a nice wash of color while still looking like it is natural.
Texture: Very smooth texture. A bit glossy or kind of like a lip balm. I would say the texture feels a bit like the Nivea moisture lip balm. It glides on nicely and doesn't dry into any cracks in your lips.
Packaging: Grrrr. I love the looks of the package. It's helpful to have the outer shell to match the color of the lipstick. I don't enjoy opening the package. It's hard to open because there is so little to hold onto on the one end. But I guess I'll just have to suffer with that. Beauty is pain, right?
Staying power: Lasts about 1.5 hours. Not too great, but because it is so much like a gloss or lip balm, it hardly takes any effort to reapply. Also, adding extra layers will not make it look clumpy or give you that "dead skin" lip look.
Overall: I would definitely recommend this product. I actually got this for a little over four dollars with a coupon and a store discount. I wouldn't pay full price for it, but if you wait for a sale, it's definitely worth it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I just love these lip butters!!! I have nine of them now, and I wear at least one of them every single day. They are moisturizing, but have the color of lipstick, and I hate lipstick b/c they are usually very drying. But these lip butters are nice and feel great on my lips. I never have had any problems with them. They apply evenly on me, don't ball up around the edges of my lips when they wear off, and they don't leave dry, flaky patches on my lips like lipsticks do. Before these, i was strictly a lipgloss girl. So you know that if i am wearing these everyday, they have to be great!! I already have two backups of my favorite lip butters, and I will definalty be repurchasing as long as they make these!! And what's even better, I have some verrrry sheer lipglosses that i wasn't really a fan of, but when i wear a lip butter under a gloss like that, it is so beautiful and glossy. These are GREAT!! I definaltey reccomend!!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Revlon lip butters remind me of Mac creme sheen lipsticks. They have a very glossy shine to them and are very pigmented. Some reviewers have described these lipsticks as tinted lip balms but in my opinion that is not a correct comparison. Aside from the glossy shine these lipsticks have, I don't particularly find them all too moisturizing. You really need to exfoliate your lips before applying any of these lips sticks as they tend to cling to chapped lips. The wear time for these are about 2 hours but you could extend this by wearing a lip liner underneath them. In Australia these retail for $21, which in my opinion is ridiculous, I had to purchase mine on Ebay so the price was still much higher then to be desired.

I absolutely adore this product. So moisturising and the colour pay off is amazing. It's basically a lipstick. It reminds me of Clinique Butter Shine line which I love. I wish lip butters came in more colours. There are about 7 or 8 colours available in the UK I think and some are pretty strong and some are just too sheer... All in all Revlon has great lip products.

I just bought this in Strawberry Shortcake and i love the pink shade on me. Very creamy and moisturising. Great product!!

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I bought this in peach parfait, sugar frosting and, candy apple. I love the feel of it on my normal dry lips. They are beautiful colors that complement my skin tone. I will be buying this in more colors. any suggestions? =]

very moisturizing and opaque!

Video Reviews & Tutorials